Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Update: Baby Number 19 for the Duggars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner View previous topic
View next topic

Update: Baby Number 19 for the Duggars
noirprncess

Joined27 Sep 2005
Posts18132
LocationNorthern NJ
Bank4294967295
Bones29117.66 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Bootylicious"][quote="BishopTuTu"]http://www.duggarfamily.com/photos.html[/quote]
That house is [u][b]HUGE, SPOTLESS and BEAUTIFUL[/b][/u] to have 18 rug rats & crumb snatchers running around. Shocked

[quote]As a family project the Duggars built a 7000 sq. ft. home [b]debt free![/b] Both Jim Bob and Michelle are [b]licensed real estate agents.[/b][/quote]
Damn, the way the housing market is now-a-days, he's still making a killing!!! Just how huge are his commissions? Question[/quote]

Look at the home schedule they have - its actually (seems like to me only) impressive. They devised a system of regular cleaning within a daily schedule. I have seen her mention a number of times that they have to keep the house very clean to minimize the germs since so many kids crawl all over everything. I can't remember where I saw it but the parents also mentioned how important it was for them to have a relationship with each child so they scheduled it (with military precision) into a day.

I personally know another large family (over 10 kids) where they had to follow a similar system.

Also, the family's beliefs with regard to spending is mentioned on their website. They keep their debt to absolute minimum.
Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:27 am View user's profile Find all posts by noirprncess Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Squarebiz

Joined29 Sep 2005
Posts5
Bank0
Bones23.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="juju"]the duggars are fundy weirdos. i see their next episode is in dc. [/quote]

Those rugrats were NOT feeling the Ethiopian restaurant. Very Happy
Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:32 am View user's profile Find all posts by Squarebiz Send private message
kimora

Joined04 Jun 2007
Posts4775
Bank0
Bones15924.04 Bones

Post Reply with quote
THE WOMAN IS A COW......THE WHOLE THING IS BEYOND DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Confused
Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:52 am View user's profile Find all posts by kimora Send private message
bella

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts25155
LocationSitting on the edge of insanity...
Bank0
Bones20518.48 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I knew that chick was preggers when I saw her on the today show.
Just gross.
Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:27 am View user's profile Find all posts by bella Send private message Send e-mail
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
LocationDon't Worry About It
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
It's easy to keep your debt to a minimum when you're getting donations of this that and the other for your 3 basketball teams (+4 subs) worth of kids. This crazy bitch doesn't impress me.
Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:14 am View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
themrs

Joined25 Nov 2007
Posts144
Bank0
Bones952.38 Bones

Post Reply with quote
wow tell em' how you really feel. At least their kids are well behaved, dressed and have some sense of moral and work ethic. It's extreme yes... but it looks like everyone is taken care of so I could care less
Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:22 am View user's profile Find all posts by themrs Send private message
TheBeautiful_One

Joined03 Apr 2007
Posts1292
LocationOut on a limb...
Bank4294967295
Bones7186.38 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Greetings All...

It's an interesting testimony of where we are as a society when the idea of a woman bearing more than the 2.5 children that go along with the successful career, single-family home, and marriage of equal benefit that this world calls "making it", is deemed disgusting. Child after child is born, in this nation, into total dysfunction...to teenagers, to parents who can't stand to see nor speak to one another, to drug addicts and alcoholics, and to parents who are more concerned about their own personal agendas to even think of sacrificing that extra car...a smaller home...that before or after work workout...a less demanding job for the sake of spending time nurturing and raising their own children. Everyone is not meant to have a large family...I am very thankful to be a mother-of-two. But nothing is ugly or disgusting about a large, loving, thriving family. The children in the Duggar family have learned valuable lessons of selflessness, nurturing, time management, personal responsibility, accountability, and much more, by [b]sharing [/b]in the responsibility of tending to the cares of their home and their family. These are lessons sadly lacking in today's children and young adults. Michele Duggar delegates tasks, but ultimately runs and carries the burden and responsibility of the smooth running of her home. Does not the mother of two children delegate tasks as well...to the school or daycare and babysitter who tend to her children's physical, emotional, educational, dietary and even spiritual needs...to the maid who comes in once or twice a week to tend to the upkeep of her home...to the restaurants (fast food or otherwise) who tend to their nourishment? We have a generation of young women who have no idea how to prepare a home-cooked meal, because they never had the blessed opportunity to stand at their mother's side to watch and learn as she prepared it. We have a generation of young women who have no idea how to properly clean their home, because even if mom was home to do it herself, she certainly did not have the time it takes to instruct them and allow them to learn by trial and error. We have countless elderly men and women totally abandoned by their families to the care of strangers...with no regard or thought to their well-being. We have a generation of young men and women who have learned from their families, "Me First! Mine Second! Ours Third! Everyone else last or never." In my opinion, that is what is disgusting and shameful.

The bible says that we are to bear one another's burdens, but this world says get all you can, consume as much as you can...at any expense...no holds barred. Which lesson is shameful to teach our children? I applaud the Duggars, who positively and intentionally impact the lives of each of their children. And I pray for the children of, as well as those who negatively, though passively, impact the lives of each of their children.
Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:27 pm View user's profile Find all posts by TheBeautiful_One Send private message Yahoo Messenger
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I don't understand why passing off the raising of your children to somebody else is something to be applauded. If that's the case, y'all should be jumping up & down happy when Shaniqua in the projects has her mother raising her chaps while she's off free fucking getting some more. I'll keep an eye out for your responses the next time such a story is posted...but something tells me the same praise will not be forthcoming. I must be getting cynical.
Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:39 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
TheBeautiful_One

Joined03 Apr 2007
Posts1292
LocationOut on a limb...
Bank4294967295
Bones7186.38 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Hi BB,

How is she passing off the raising of her children to the older children?
Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by TheBeautiful_One Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[i]ow important it was for them to have a relationship with each child so they scheduled it (with military precision) into a day. [/i]

These "sounds" good and thank god I'm not taking care of them but back to the above, first of all anyone that has multiple children knows that kids are different. Meaning, one kid may require more time than another kid so all the "military like precision" doesn't impress me. Sometimes there's impromptu things a kid needs.

Now as far as what TBO, tone down the harps and violins. We get it,lol. We know, some parents can't stand their kids and hate they were born. Yes if a family wants to have 19 kids (for the love of god) so be it. I personally think there's more to life as a woman than always being pregnant but if that works for her so be it.

I don't really care that much to delve too much into "how" they do it (how many vehicles are in the home, activities, etc) but it's next to impossible to attend to 19 kids and provide them equal nourishment and such. My parents come from big families and I heard through the years how because it was sooo many kids their needs couldn't be attended to.

I'll let BB answer the question on how I'm CERTAIN the other kids are part of the rearing of their siblings.
Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:15 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
TheBeautiful_One

Joined03 Apr 2007
Posts1292
LocationOut on a limb...
Bank4294967295
Bones7186.38 Bones

Post Reply with quote
And BB, my question is sincere not flippant at all, because I am not seeing what you are seeing.

As I read through their family managing practices, I do see that in the early portion of their daily schedule each older child has a younger "buddy" to assist in getting ready for the day and about an hour of school. But that follows a family time of devotions led by parents. And it seems that mom's goal is to "lead by example", so she's not napping or getting her naild done during clean-up times, diaper changes, meal preparations, school time. She's at work...not just doing the work, but coordinating everyone to faciliate the completion of all that needs to be done.

And while you may not agree with the spiritual components of their parenting, these are the things that are of great importance to Duggar parents:

[quote]Teach our children to love God with all of their heart, soul, mind and strength, and memorize Godís word together as a family.
Teach them to have a servantís heart, leading by your example. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Daily read the Proverb of the Day that corresponds with the day of the month and discuss it as a family.
Diligently keep up with each childís attitudes and actions and ask what is going on in their heart. Pray with them one on one letting them lead in prayer and then you closing the prayer time together.
Ask God to help you conquer anger because it can destroy your relationship with your children. Praise them ten times more than you correct them. [/quote]

This differs greatly from Shaniqua, who changes a diaper now and then and buys a few birthday and Christmas gifts...but leaves the "raising" and rearing of her child to someone else. The Duggars may require that the children assist one another in chores, personal hygeine, etc., but they are intimately involved in and devoted to the emotional, physical and spiritual development of each of their children...and it is reflected by the entire family's love for one another. People keep commenting, "If it were me, I would have cut out of there." Well, no one is "cutting out"...doesn't that suggest that they are doing something very right, when we consider that many small families are shattered to pieces when everything seemed picture-perfect on the surface?
Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:19 pm View user's profile Find all posts by TheBeautiful_One Send private message Yahoo Messenger
TheBeautiful_One

Joined03 Apr 2007
Posts1292
LocationOut on a limb...
Bank4294967295
Bones7186.38 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Ummmm....Marz...how'd you know I had violins & harps playing??? are you spying on me??? Anywayz...I must be true to myself! iIf it weren't dramatic, flowery, passionate and littered with dot dot dots, you all would think I was an imposter. Laughing

And that video Shocked ....drinking pee...ewwwwwww!!
Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:28 pm View user's profile Find all posts by TheBeautiful_One Send private message Yahoo Messenger
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="TheBeautiful_One"]Hi BB,

How is she passing off the raising of her children to the older children?[/quote]

Because it is physically impossible for two people to actively and effectively raise 18 children. You can't be intimately involved in the lives of that many human beings unless you're an android who doesn't sleep, eat or do anything else...oh, besides fuck. We know they make time to do that. The older kids clothe, feed, bathe, play with & home school the younger ones. They're raising kids and didn't even have the benefit of being the ones fuckin' to get 'em. I'm not impressed.
Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:34 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
Najee

Joined06 Apr 2002
Posts6945
Bank0
Bones21598.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]In other words, bb74 is saying that this family is doing the same thing Shaniqua is doing, except they have more financial resources to enable their behavior. And instead of grandparents raising the children, it's the older children who are raising their siblings.

The problem I have with people like the Duggars family is they try to rationalize everything as an example of their faith. When people feel the need to convince strangers that they are so faith-based, I question them because that is one of those qualities that usually is an assumed quality until proven otherwise. The other problem I have with people like them is (from practical experience) they are ironically some of the most materialistic people you will ever meet -- they rationalize their excess as "God has been good to me."[/color]

Last edited by Najee on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:46 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Najee Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Basically and I'm sure "they love them" and all that but anyone knows it takes more than love.

What I don't like is that the older kids probably didn't get chances to really be "children" because they've damn near been parents most of their lives figuratively speaking.
Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:59 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
Najee

Joined06 Apr 2002
Posts6945
Bank0
Bones21598.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred][b]"It's easy to keep your debt to a minimum when you're getting donations of this that and the other for your 3 basketball teams (+4 subs) worth of kids."[/b]

Not to mention hawking books and probably getting a cut of Jim Sammon's financial freedom seminar.

It's not the children's job AT ALL to raise their siblings as [i]de facto[/i] parents. You get the sense here that the older children do more, such as handle some of the responsibilities that their parents should be doing.[/color]
Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:11 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Najee Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheBeautiful_One

Joined03 Apr 2007
Posts1292
LocationOut on a limb...
Bank4294967295
Bones7186.38 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I just don't see as you do, and I believe that you are overstating the delegation of responsibility to the older children and oversimplifying the parents' roles in the younger children's lives....

The older children should help with younger children, but that doesn't mean that all mom and dad do is kiss them goodnight as they head off to bed for another romp in the sack...as your statements imply. These kids, young and old, go everywhere and play all the time...they've not been robbed of a childhood. What is your view of the 9 - 11-year-old latch-key kid who comes home to an empty house after school, and spends the afternoon playing videogames by himself until mom gets home at 7? Is that not the childhood that a large population of today's children are experiencing? These kids are seeing the world as a family...the younger ones are cared for by parents and siblings who love them, rather than strangers who are getting paid to provide a service. Why is that bad? Have you not seen the time the parents take with all of the children...loving them, teaching them...Why is it wrong to teach the older children that they must contribute to their family? If it's so horrible for these older kids, where is the expression of their torment? Where is the scathing auto-biography? I think that you are taking your filter of what is good and right and placing it over this family...that you just don't get...they don't make sense to you...and saying, "awwww...poor them"...when that's not their reality at all.

They are intentional in their teaching of the young and the old. We have lowered are level of expectation of our teenagers...thinking they should flit away their days with madden, movies and the mall...and that constitutes a childhood. My eldest is 16 yrs. old, and in two years the world will view him as a man. At what point do I start expecting to see him excercise the lessons that I've been teaching him over the short span of his life? By allowing the older children to excercise the life skills they have been taught, the Duggar's are developing selfless, loving, well-balanced children who will become viable members of society. It's a far cry from the bitter, confused, lazy, selfish, apathetic children that we see churned out of home after home who ensured that their sons and daughters "enjoyed their childhood", and weren't burdened with too many responsibilities, and received their sense of value from the after-care workers who provided their care throughout the years. Their children are learning that love means selfless, not selfish...Why is that a bad thing?

And while I'll agree that I'm certain that it is a great challenge to spend quality time with each child, I assure you that each of those children has more time (though maybe not one-on-one) with Michele than the average child gets with their working parent(s).

Lastly, you cannot fairly or rightfully compare the Duggar parents to a neglectful mother who has abandoned her child to the care of another....that's an overdramatization of the siblings' roles of helping their little sister or brother get dressed, do chores and do schoolwork for 2-3 hours out of a day. Michele is in the home caring for her children, and watching over her children as they learn to care for each other. This is not a bad thing, in my view.
Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:03 pm View user's profile Find all posts by TheBeautiful_One Send private message Yahoo Messenger
TheBeautiful_One

Joined03 Apr 2007
Posts1292
LocationOut on a limb...
Bank4294967295
Bones7186.38 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Do yall watch the show???? Have you formed your opinion by watching some youtube clips? They save money by buying some of their clothes at thrift stores and making the rest. Michele makes her own laundry detergent and dryer sheets. They're not taking donations for the care of their family. They live very frugally, and responsibly. Why are you all so quick to condemn these poor people, who are doing nothing but raising good kids?

Najee..."you get the sense"...from what?
Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:10 pm View user's profile Find all posts by TheBeautiful_One Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Do you know these people? Of course for the interview they're going to offer the "life is great" perspective. We don't really know how things are and I'm not saying it's all bad. [i]

...thinking they should flit away their days with madden, movies and the mall...and that constitutes a childhood. [/i]

You're making several assumptions here. I don't think anyone here feels that way. You're taking situations that are the norm for some and applying a broad brush towards every kid. [i]

the younger ones are cared for by parents and siblings who love them, rather than strangers who are getting paid to provide a service. Why is that bad?[/i]

Because a kids job as a kid is to be a kid. No one is saying children shouldn't have SOME responsibility but for the rest of their life after 18, they're going to have real responsibility. Why should part of their task be parents when they're NOT the parents? They're job is to be a kid, develop their interest and perhaps hone that into a career. How can they put time towards that when they're being the parent to an extent?? I'm not talking about merely changing diapers which is a responsibility. I'm pretty certain they're doing more task than that.

No one is saying the kids should be dumped off on day care so you're reaching there. Btw, while day care is expensive, overpriced, etc, it's not all bad. Kids NEED to interact with other kids who aren't they're siblings. How else do you think kids learn to deal with different types of people.

If I'm not mistaken I read these kids were home schooled right? Confused
Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:14 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I just checked out my last statement, they are. Confused Confused To their credit they have a beautiful home but frankly looking at the pictures this family looks like a cult.
Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:18 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: