Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NFL 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap View previous topic
View next topic

NFL 2009
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]I wasn't impressed with either the Steelers or the Titans last night. I know it's only week one, but I expected lights out defense from the Steelers. The Titans are about what I thought they were.

I'm waiting to see just how "improved" the Saints defense is. The NFC South may be the Big 12 of the NFL this year.

I keep hearing Green Bay, Green Bay, Green Bay...really? Frankly, I don't think any of the teams in the NFC North are GREAT, it's a matter of whose got the offense to beat the Vikings defense.

No respect for the Patriots? Has the D really fallen off that much? Is Miami really for real? I think not...on both.

If the Chargers don't make it to the Super Bowl this year, it's a wrap on this team. Likewise with Philly.

TGIFS!!! GEAUX SAINTS!!!
[/color]
Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:10 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Miami Dolphins at [color=darkred][b]Atlanta Falcons[/b][/color] 1:00

Kansas City Chiefs at [color=darkred][b]Baltimore Ravens[/b][/color] 1:00

[color=darkred][b]Philadelphia Eagles[/b][/color] at Carolina Panthers 1:00

[color=darkred][b]Denver Broncos[/b][/color] at Cincinnati Bengals 1:00

[color=darkred][b]Minnesota Vikings[/b] [/color]at Cleveland Browns 1:00

[color=darkred][b]N.Y. Jets[/b] [/color]at Houston Texans 1:00

Jacksonville Jaguars at [color=darkred][b]Indianapolis Colts [/b][/color]1:00

Detroit Lions at [color=darkred][b]New Orleans Saints[/b][/color] 1:00

[color=darkred][b]Dallas Cowboys [/b][/color]at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00

San Francisco 49ers at [color=darkred][b]Arizona Cardinals[/b][/color] 4:15

Washington Redskins at [color=darkred][b]N.Y. Giants[/b][/color] 4:15

St. Louis Rams at [color=darkred][b]Seattle Seahawks[/b] [/color]4:15

[color=darkred][b]Chicago Bears[/b][/color] at Green Bay Packers 8:20

Monday, Sept. 14

Buffalo Bills at [color=darkred][b]New England Patriots[/b][/color] 7:00

[color=darkred][b]San Diego Chargers[/b][/color] at Oakland Raiders
Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:17 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
LocationThrowin' some D's on it!!!
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Has anybody been watching ESPN today? Somebody on one of the AJC sports blogs said that they reported that Michael Vick got pulled over and they found weed in his car. It could be a bunch of bullshit tho, because I can't find anything about it anywhere.
Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:57 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Is there a way to check Twitter?? I think facebook added a feature to check people's updates. If the story was real and with him being public enemy number I would imagine it would have broke.

Now if it's true, there can be no one dumber and I have a hard time believing he's THAT stupid.
Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:09 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
jewellthief

Joined10 Dec 2004
Posts2947
Locationin my skin....
Bank0
Bones18732.50 Bones

Post Reply with quote
om-fuccn-gawd , first OSU and now the BENGALS??? would it kill you to practice (just once) a fucking TIP DRILL???

and I ain't talkin that tomfoolery song by Smelly either....
Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:11 pm View user's profile Find all posts by jewellthief Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Good win to open up our 2009 season. Our offense wasn't as sharp as I expected it to be, but I'm sure that will be fixed soon. I have no idea what was up with Jason Elam and the missed FG's and PAT. He damn sure needs to get it together. The defense definitely stepped up a couple of notches from the preseason. 4 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, and an INT. The Panthers come to town next week. Let's see if Jake Delhomme is still riding this INT streak dating back to last season. lol
Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:21 am View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I hate the Vyqueens but come on. Give up to AP and his last run. That is the run of the year (granted it's one week old) by far. The stiff arm/slap was unreal. "GET OUT OF MY WAY".

Respect due AP, that was unral.
Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Dude, AP straight up with like, "please get outta my way; you're blocking my path to the end zone." Afterward, #24 just kinda sat there like, "did that just happen?" lmao
Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:01 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
McNabb,cracked rib. Brian Urlacher out for the year, wrist injury.

Michael Vick week three Shocked
Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:10 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Our defense showed up and played well, however...

We lose 2 of our starting linebackers for the season.

Jay Cutler throws 4 picks in horrifying Rex Grossman fashion.

The 4th and 11 fake punt decision was mind-numbingly dumb.

Nathan Vasher is washed up and won't start next week.

Our offensive line can't run block.

We have no receivers. Devin Hester is a kick returner, a slot receiver and deep threat, not a dependable go-to guy.

Pittsburgh is coming to town next week.

It's only Week 1, but this will be just another typical Chicago Bears season.

The football gods shine down on Mike Vick. Laughing
Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:25 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]McNabb is going to be in the training room trying to invoke the ghost of Steve McNair to get himself back on the playing field. If he thought Jeff Garcia was a pain in his ass....[/color]
Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:56 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Dun, who was the other LB that Chicago lost for the season?
Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:56 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Gotdamn Buffalo Bills. They had that game in the bag. I'm sure Leodis McKelvin will be working on ball security all this week. The Bills looked a lot better than I expected them to. Once the Pats play the Jets on Sunday, that will give me a better idea of how we'll fare against them in week 3.
Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:26 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]McNabb is going to be in the training room trying to invoke the ghost of Steve McNair to get himself back on the playing field. If he thought Jeff Garcia was a pain in his ass....[/color][/quote]

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

[b]Garcia signs with Eagles; McNabb rests[/b]

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4472548[/url]

PHILADELPHIA -- Donovan McNabb is not ruling himself out for the Eagles' game against New Orleans next Sunday despite suffering a cracked rib on Sunday. Philadelphia got some insurance on Monday, just in case.

Eagles coach Andy Reid on Monday confirmed the team has signed Jeff Garcia, a 10-year veteran who played for Philadelphia in 2006 and went 5-1 in six starts while McNabb was injured.

"Whether it's a week or two weeks or the entire season, I'm excited about the opportunity," Garcia said in a conference call. "As far as a team I can go to and blend right in, this is the team for me to do that."

McNabb, who once played four quarters on a broken ankle, doesn't feel like the rib will keep him out.

"He's pretty sore," Reid said Monday. "He's going to try and battle through it. He'll struggle to practice. He's going to do everything he possibly can to try to play. We'll see how that goes. He's staying optimistic about that."

McNabb is keeping an open mind and doesn't plan to sit out.

"Not necessarily, anything can happen. It's just Monday right now, but if Friday and Saturday come along and I'm feeling a lot better, you just never know," he said. "It's a slow process of just meeting with our trainers, doing two-a-days with treatment, going through the process of just like I'm playing in the game, and seeing how I feel at the end [of the week]."

Third-year pro Kevin Kolb filled in for McNabb during Philadelphia's 38-10 victory over Carolina in the season opener. He would start against the Saints if McNabb can't play.

Reid said Garcia is a good addition for his team.

"We're lucky Jeff was available," Reid said. "He's someone who knows this offense and has been very successful in this offense. He can be a positive influence on Kevin Kolb."

Michael Vick is not eligible because he was suspended for the first two regular-season games as the last part of the NFL's penalty for his role in a dogfighting ring. Vick probably wouldn't start even if he could play because he's still rusty and Reid has maintained all along that Kolb is the backup.

Kolb hasn't moved the offense much in the few opportunities he's had, though he's never worked with the starters during a practice week. The Eagles could find themselves in a shootout against Drew Brees and the rest of New Orleans' high-octane offense, so they can't afford a slow start.

"I have full confidence in him," Reid said of Kolb. "I don't worry about his accuracy or knowledge of the offense right now. It's just a matter of getting caught up with the game speed of the regular season."

McNabb got hurt when he took a hard shot on a 3-yard TD run in the third quarter. He spun away from a defender at the goal line, but was nailed by Panthers nose tackle Damione Lewis on the ground in the end zone.

"I can't say anything on that," Reid said. "You get those 300-plus-pound guys motoring and it's hard to stop. Sometimes they come in a little bit late."

The NFL reviewed the play and ruled the hit was "not illegal," spokesman Greg Aiello said in an e-mail.

"It's a rough game. We're not clamoring about Josh McCown. I mean he got whacked pretty good, too," Panthers coach John Fox said after reviewing the tape. "It's tough. I'm sorry he got hurt. I don't ever like to see any player get hurt, our team or theirs. It's unfortunate."

McNabb played an injury-free season last year for the first time since leading the Eagles to the Super Bowl in 2004. He's missed 24 games, including playoffs, due to injuries during his first 10 seasons in the NFL. The Eagles are 14-10 in those contests.

Reid said McNabb doesn't have to practice to play this week.

"We've seen him do that before and play some pretty good games," Reid said. "We'll take it day by day. We just want to get him back healthy."

Reid isn't concerned that McNabb could exacerbate the injury by playing.

"It's broken. I don't think you can make that part worse," Reid said. "We just have to see how he can function. I'm not going to put him out there if he can't function.

"Rib injuries are all different. This one's displaced a little bit and pretty painful. I know other guys have played with broken ribs. They're all different. It's hard to compare."

If it's simply a matter of pain tolerance, as often is the case with broken ribs, McNabb proved a long time ago he's a tough guy. He broke his right ankle in the first quarter against Arizona on Nov. 17, 2002, stayed in and threw four touchdown passes. McNabb missed the next six games, but returned for the playoffs.

He sat out the final seven games in 2005 with a sports hernia and a torn ACL cost him the last eight games in '06, including the playoffs. McNabb didn't play two games in 2007 because of ankle and thumb injuries.

"Donovan is resilient," teammate Brian Westbrook said.

Garcia, who was signed by Oakland in the offseason to push JaMarcus Russell and serve as a mentor to the former No. 1 overall draft pick, was released by the Raiders on Sept. 5 after playing little in the preseason.

A four-time Pro Bowl selection, Garcia played well in his previous stint with the Eagles three seasons ago, throwing 11 touchdown passes against two interceptions in eight starts.

The 39-year-old Garcia began his career with San Francisco in 1999. He replaced Hall of Fame QB Steve Young, put up big passing numbers with Terrell Owens as his main target and led the 49ers to two playoff appearances in his first three seasons as a full-time starter.

Garcia's career took a downward turn after he left the rebuilding 49ers in 2004. He spent forgettable seasons with Cleveland and Detroit before rejuvenating his career in Philadelphia in '06.

Garcia stepped in when McNabb tore his ACL, led the Eagles to a 5-1 record, an NFC East title and a playoff win over the New York Giants. His final game with Philadelphia was a loss at New Orleans in the divisional playoffs.

In his brief time with the Eagles, Garcia completely won over the tough Philly fans with his fiery personality and win-at-all-costs attitude.

A company made up T-shirts featuring Garcia with his fists up in a boxer's stance above the caption: "A Fighter Fights."

The Eagles didn't re-sign Garcia after that season and he went to Tampa Bay. Garcia led the Buccaneers to the NFC South title in 2007 and earned a trip to Hawaii.

Garcia has thrown for 25,537 yards, 161 touchdowns and 83 interceptions in 124 career games. He's completed 61.6 percent of his passes and has a QB rating of 87.5. Garcia is 58-58 as a starter.

"I didn't want it to be over," Garcia said. "I feel there's a lot of quality football left in me."

McNabb, Vick and Garcia have been to a combined 12 Pro Bowls.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:58 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
Ms Pris

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts1843
LocationIn Pris Land
Bank0
Bones2978.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
peeking in!!!
Interesting first week what the hell happen to BILLS!

I thought some how NE is going to win this game sure enough the bills literally hand them the ball!!

One last thing!
Go COWBOYS!!!!!!!! [size=7]even thoough some of their performance sucked!!!!![/size]
Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:06 am View user's profile Find all posts by Ms Pris Send private message
itswhateva

Joined15 Apr 2009
Posts241
Bank0
Bones1467.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
The Giants came through even though that game was closer than it should have been. The Skins suck! We will expose the Cowboys this weekend. Philly will be alright in a few weeks. Them and the Vikings seem to be the only real comp in the NFC. Although, I do think Seattle will be a sleeper team this year; they have some talent and they are HEALTHY this year.

The Chargers looked like shyt, but they tend to start the season slow. I still don't see much changing as far as the top tier teams, Steelers, Pats and the Colts should be the teams to beat. They didn't win pretty, but no one in the AFC really impressed me.
Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:15 pm View user's profile Find all posts by itswhateva Send private message
BobbyDigital

Joined03 Aug 2002
Posts7583
LocationBlack Hollywood
Bank0
Bones21765.78 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b]I see the media is already trying to stir up and create controversy in Buffalo.[/b]

[quote]Terrell Owens Throws Trent Edwards Under the Bus

The cancer spreads.

"Obviously, we didnít utilize myself [T.O] and Lee [Evans] as much as we would like, but we still had the game won. There were some opportunities that we missed, and those are some of the things youíre talking about," Owens said. "It's always a work in progress, and Trent has to better assess what heís seeing out there and take some shots down the field."[/quote]

[b]But what T.O. said is TRUE! In that game T.O. and Lee Evens had 5 receptions for 71 yards... COMBINED!

I mean every analysis on Tuesday morning was saying what T.O. is saying because it was true. You can't have two #1 receivers in a game against the Patriots (who's defense is severly weaken this year) and your #2 running back has more receptions and yards than both your receivers combined.

But when T.O. says it, suddenly he being a cancer again? LOL[/b]
Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:37 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BobbyDigital Send private message Yahoo Messenger
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Ah...I see the planets have re-aligned and I'm in agreement with Bobby D on something. Laughing Laughing I'll buy my lottery tickets and make my pool picks today.

Why is Philly a "lock" against my Saints this week? Okay, our defense is still a work in progress, but the Eagle's offense is hampered by McNabb's injury even if he does wind up playing.

[i]Oh...here comes the pool commissioner with my winning$!!! (10-0, baby!) Thank you, sir![/i][/color]
Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:40 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
bodom

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts10653
LocationINDIANAPOLIS
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones
Game Trophies:  4
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
Michael Crabtree needs to get his ass in the meeting room and sign the contract.

I'm glad SF is being tough. I wish SD didn't cave in to Philips Rivers' demands and just roll with Drew Brees when they had him and let Rivers sit out.

Crabtree is wanting #7 pick money even though he wasn't drafted that high. OK, fine. However, he says he's willing to sit it out for the year and come back next year when his stock will go up. Uh, hello? If you sit out, you will ROT. You'll be another Maurice Clarett and will lose any speed or explosiveness. With you sitting out, no one is around to scout you and all scouts will now be focusing on who's actually playing in the NCAA. By sitting out, you've draw a line in the sand and said, "I'm worth this or else" and no one is going to want to deal with that. Especially one that's sitting out who has had no training camp. If you sit out, your value goes DOWN tremendously. Minnesota didn't break the bank when they signed Randall Cunningham after he spent a couple years in masonry.

All I know is this fool better not be rolling around town in tricked out Escalades with rims living off borrowed money...
Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:55 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bodom Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Ms Pris

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts1843
LocationIn Pris Land
Bank0
Bones2978.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
smh@the Cowboys how in the hell Romo going to throw the game into the Giants hands 17 points!!

Oh Well maybe he need Jessica back!!

Good Game to the giants I like the receiver who kept showing up I think his name has MM's in it!!

@Romo and the rest of the cowboys!!

Sad Barber!!I love this guy!
Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:15 am View user's profile Find all posts by Ms Pris Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: