Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NFL 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap View previous topic
View next topic

NFL 2009
Najee

Joined06 Apr 2002
Posts6945
Bank0
Bones21598.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Maybe Oakland's Tom Cable needs to whip JaMarcus Russell's and the entire Raiders team's ass, instead of his assistant coach's.

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4550855[/url]

[size=18][b]Assistant: Raiders' Cable blindsided him[/b][/size]

Randy Hanson, the ousted Raiders defensive assistant coach who has accused Tom Cable of viciously breaking his jaw in an assault, says the Oakland coach attacked him when he wasn't looking and that he had "no reason to believe he wouldn't have killed me" if others hadn't pulled Cable away.

"From my blind side, Tom Cable threw me from my chair and into a piece of furniture that a lamp sat upon," Hanson told Yahoo! Sports of the alleged Aug. 5 incident. "He was screaming, 'I'll [expletive] kill you! I'll [expletive] kill you!' And I have no reason to believe he wouldn't have killed me if they hadn't pulled him away.

"If my head would've hit a different way, I might be dead right now."

Cable has denied the allegations and said last week that he would not comment on recent reports that commissioner Roger Goodell wanted to discuss the situation.

Cable says he'll let the legal process play out and that the reports have not been a distraction for him as he focuses on his job.

Goodell told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the league will speak to the coach when the appropriate time comes. He says the league wants to make sure it understands all the facts of the case before commenting.

According to the Yahoo! Sports report, Hanson, who is still being paid by the Raiders but has been barred from the team's facilities, said he had correctly predicted the day before the alleged incident that Cable would emerge from a meeting with defensive backs and say they blamed him for their struggles.

"You know what's gonna happen there," Hanson said in recalling a conversation he had with several members of the Raiders' coaching staff. "Tom's gonna come out of the meeting and say I'm the problem, that I'm the one confusing them and blame it all on me."

The Raiders declined requests Saturday by Yahoo! Sports to respond to Hanson's version of events.

According to police in Napa, Calif., their investigation of the incident has been concluded and sent to the DA's office.

"We are taking this very seriously," Napa County District Attorney Gary Lieberstein said last week, adding that there is no timetable on when the review will be completed.

[i]Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.[/i][/color]
Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:53 am View user's profile Find all posts by Najee Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ms Pris

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts1843
LocationIn Pris Land
Bank0
Bones2978.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
just peeking in.....

My cowboys are horrible this season....Romo is too inconsistent. I need to have a talk with him Evil or Very Mad

But I will still say....GO COWBOYS!!!
Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:54 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Ms Pris Send private message
itswhateva

Joined15 Apr 2009
Posts241
Bank0
Bones1467.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Yo HTF do you finish a game with negative passing yards?! I thought the Titans were mostly smoke and mirrors last year, but I did not think they were THIS bad!

The G-Men got embarrassed, but hopefully it gives them the kick in the butt they need before they face the Iggles in two weeks. The Saints are legit, the NFC looks tough this year.

The Vikes look good too. I think Favre is what their young receivers needed. All Day would be a beast regardless. I always liked Shiancoe, we shoulda kept him!

I didn't think anyone would ever win that Jets/Bills game.
Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:45 am View user's profile Find all posts by itswhateva Send private message
PM

Joined16 Jul 2008
Posts4721
LocationSomewhere drinking YOUR milkshake!
Bank0
Bones25271.48 Bones

Post Reply with quote
That Bears game... two red zone fumbles... I was hoping for some sort of last-minute heroics or something... but the wheels came off the wagon, and the only thing I was thinking of "Self-Destruction, they headed for self-destruction..."
Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:29 pm View user's profile Find all posts by PM Send private message
Seven

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts2175
Bank0
Bones3552.40 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Kinda bummed that the Giants got their azz handed to them by Brees and the Saints. The game wasn't competitve after about 5 minutes into the first freakin' quarter. The Giants free-safety looked like a practice-squad dummy throughout. All you saw in this game was the #41 jersey in the chase position. Ughhh!
Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:47 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Seven Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Awesome showing by the Saints yesterday. My son, who is too young to remember "da 'Aints", was yelling about how the game was "over" at halftime. I had to school him on Saints history. I didn't begin to breathe easy until about halfway through the 4th quarter.

I was like WTF with Aikman and Brennaman questioning just how good the Giants were once they were beaten. Oh, they were some world beaters coming in, but now that their asses were handed to them, you question who they've beaten so far. GTFOH!!!

I'm kinda pissed that the Bears couldn't do squat in the red zone last night. The Falcons are good...I'd like a little more daylight between us and them. Now I gotta hear another week of shit talking from them damned Dirty Birds. I may be in Louisiana in a couple of weeks and would LOVE to get to that Monday Nighter (I've never been to a Saints home game, believe it or not). Hell, if I can't get tix, I may still do Bourbon St. Very Happy Twisted Evil [/color]
Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:13 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
LocationThrowin' some D's on it!!!
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Great win by my team last night. Our offense wasn't on point like it should have been, and they did just enough to win. I gotta give some kudos to the defense, especially for causing those back to back fumbles at the goal line. The Bears did shoot themselves in the foot quite a few times, especially with that false start penalty at the end of the game.

The Saints beat the brakes off the Giants. I did not expect that one to be so lopsided. We are gonna have our work cut out for us when we go down there on Monday night.

Did the Titans even bother to show up to play the Patriots? I can kinda understand having negative rushing yards, but negative passing yards????

The Redskins are headed downhill. For the third time this season, they lost to a previously winless team. Heads are gonna roll at some point, but as long as Snyder owns the team, it will continue.
Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:50 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
PM

Joined16 Jul 2008
Posts4721
LocationSomewhere drinking YOUR milkshake!
Bank0
Bones25271.48 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I just looked at that Titans/Patriots score...

[size=18]Patriots, 59 - Titans, 0...[/size] [img]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/BigTy68/Humor/WHAT-THE.gif[/img]

...shouldn't the Titans be pressing charges for that assault that took place?!?
Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:20 pm View user's profile Find all posts by PM Send private message
bodom

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts10653
LocationINDIANAPOLIS
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones
Game Trophies:  4
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
What's sickening about the Titans game was the PASSING. TWO completions TOTAL. One for 15 yards and another one for -22 (uh, shoulda just dropped the damn ball). A total of -7 yards passing. But somehow, New England threw for 426 yards in the snow. Shocked
Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:29 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bodom Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
The only thing I think stops the Saints save for injuries is cold weather.

Great game between Vikes and Ravens.

I still like Cutler but man, that game could have gone ether way.

Tennessee what has HAPPENED to you,lol?? I did the same thing playa when I saw that score.

WTF Philly you doing losin to OAKLAND of all teams??
Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:43 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Offensive play calling responsibilities have been taken from Jim Zorn. I expect head coaching responsibilities to follow soon. Laughing

That's sad...I kinda like him and Largent when they were players.[/color]
Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:56 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Marz"]The only thing I think stops the Saints save for injuries is cold weather. [/quote]

[color=darkred]I had the same concern. The only potential cold weather game they have is against the Redskins in December. Very Happy

Now...I just need everybody to stay healthy.

Sharper has been the difference on defense...that secondary is nasty. I wish our D-line could rush the passer better, but I'm not gonna bitch about it.[/color]
Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:01 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][quote="Marz"]

Sharper has been the difference on defense...that secondary is nasty. I wish our D-line could rush the passer better, but I'm not gonna bitch about it.[/color][/quote]

That could be a key matchup in our MNF game. Our O line hasn't allowed a sack in 4 straight games. I also gotta give credit to ya'lls line and the offensive scheme that keeps Brees from getting sacked a lot.
Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:23 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]That's gonna be a killer game, DYA. Saints and Falcons are looking like 2 of the top 3 in the NFC.

DID YOU EVER IMAGINE??? Laughing Laughing Laughing [/color]
Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:41 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
mikethought

Joined18 Jan 2008
Posts2881
Bank0
Bones10174.20 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]Offensive play calling responsibilities have been taken from Jim Zorn. I expect head coaching responsibilities to follow soon. Laughing

That's sad...I kinda like him and Largent when they were players.[/color][/quote]

I have given up on the Skins this year. [i]Because[/i] of Jim Zorn. He is not loved here in D.C. at this point all of my fan love is goin' to the Wizards.
Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:47 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mikethought Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Oh yeah? Good luck with that.[/color]
Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
mikethought

Joined18 Jan 2008
Posts2881
Bank0
Bones10174.20 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]Oh yeah? Good luck with that.[/color][/quote]

Hey, we are the pick to win the southeast, didn't you know? Laughing
Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:53 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mikethought Send private message
bodom

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts10653
LocationINDIANAPOLIS
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones
Game Trophies:  4
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
[quote="mikethought"]I have given up on the Skins this year. [i]Because[/i] of Jim Zorn. He is not loved here in D.C. at this point all of my fan love is goin' to the Wizards.[/quote]
They freakin' STINK. [b]EVERY TEAM they have played so far this year have been WINLESS coming into the game.[/b] You can't possibly have a more easier schedule than that. I don't know why Zorn is even sticking around. He should just tuck his tail between his legs and resign. If he's not doing the play calling, then what is he doing? Is he going to have an unplugged headset on his head next week on the sidelines?

Look at this hot garbage:

Week 1 - Washington (0-0) @ N.Y. Giants (0-0)
Result: 17-23 L. Despite the loss, this was their best game of the year.

Week 2 - St. Louis (0-1) @ Washington (0-1)
Result: 9-7 W. Struggling against a sorry St. Louis on your home turf isn't cause to pop the bubbly, but it's a win nonetheless.

Week 3 - Washington (1-1) @ Detroit (0-2)
Result: 14-19 L. You're the first team to lose to Detroit in 19 games. You stink. It still remains to be Detroit's only win.

Week 4 - Tampa Bay (0-3) @ Washington (1-2)
Result: 16-13 W. Another winless team comes to town and you squeak out a win about being down 10-0 at the half. This is Tampa's best game so far of the season.

Week 5 - Washington (2-2) @ Carolina (0-3)
Result: 17-20 L. Yet another winless team. And Carolina was really stinking it up. A bye week and a date with the Redskins can certain provide a cure for losing.

Week 6 - Kansas City (0-5) @ Washington (2-3)
Result: 6-14 L. Washington puts up only 6 points at home against yet another winless team. 7 first downs and 2-14 3rd down conversions don't help much.

You can't possibly have a softer schedule. Next week, they will finally face a team with a win. Sure Philly lost to Oakland, but at least they punked Carolina, Kansas City, and Tampa Bay. Teams the Deadskins struggled against.
Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:21 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bodom Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
The Skins new logo. lmao

[img]http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv264/dirtybirdfan09/Redskins_New_Logo.jpg[/img]
Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:24 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
itswhateva

Joined15 Apr 2009
Posts241
Bank0
Bones1467.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Hilarious

[quote="DamnYouAll"]The Skins new logo. lmao

[img]http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv264/dirtybirdfan09/Redskins_New_Logo.jpg[/img][/quote]
Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:50 am View user's profile Find all posts by itswhateva Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 7 of 19

Jump to: