Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NFL 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap View previous topic
View next topic

NFL 2009
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Congrats to the Falcons. Now maybe this town can give this team some consistent love and quit that "what have you done for me lately" bullshit. What makes Falcon fans so damned annoying (not you, DYA...but you know I'm speaking truth) is that at the beginning of every season, they act like they're going to the damned Super Bowl...but get a couple of losses in a row and it's "I hate this team...they're always gonna suck". It's not just bandwagon fans either...the sports radio stations get flooded with that mess and I've been listening to the SAME callers talking he SAME shit year in and year out. I'm sure the sports talk hosts are the MOST happy about "the Curse" being lifted.

Saints sat everybody today except reserves and trade fodder (Reggie Bush??? Twisted Evil ). Good move. I have a sneaking suspicion that Brees has been nicked up for a while. Fresh legs and a return to the Superdome should be good medicine.[/color]
Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:18 am View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
LocationThrowin' some D's on it!!!
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]Congrats to the Falcons. Now maybe this town can give this team some consistent love and quit that "what have you done for me lately" bullshit. What makes Falcon fans so damned annoying (not you, DYA...but you know I'm speaking truth) is that at the beginning of every season, they act like they're going to the damned Super Bowl...but get a couple of losses in a row and it's "I hate this team...they're always gonna suck". It's not just bandwagon fans either...the sports radio stations get flooded with that mess and I've been listening to the SAME callers talking he SAME shit year in and year out. I'm sure the sports talk hosts are the MOST happy about "the Curse" being lifted.
[/color][/quote]

Dude, I agree with you 100%. When Matt Ryan was going through his struggles earlier this season, you had fools around here actually saying that the Falcons made a mistake drafting him, that he was a bust, that he wasn't as good as advertised, etc etc. Hell, you even had some of the local sports columnists saying the same thing. All of that can be blamed on the media, who were annointing Ryan as the second coming of Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. While I do think he will end up being a good QB, far too many people rushed to elevate him to elite status before his time. His struggles this season will only serve to make him better in the coming years.
Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:11 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
hope_springs

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts10185
Locationend zone
Bank4294967295
Bones24350.16 Bones
Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
Let's hope Philly shows up next week, and they pummel each other. Laughing
Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:14 am View user's profile Find all posts by hope_springs Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="hope_springs"]Let's hope Philly shows up next week, and they pummel each other. Laughing[/quote]

[color=darkred]Yeah. Philly "played" like they really didn't give a damn.[/color]
Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:25 am View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
BobbyDigital

Joined03 Aug 2002
Posts7583
LocationBlack Hollywood
Bank0
Bones21765.78 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b]The Playoffs are here!

Anyone want to talk about the Wildcard games?

Jets vs. Bengals (2.5):[/b] Many will say that Cincy laid an egg on purpose to avoid hosting a Wild Card game against the Raiders. But I think the Jet's D will give Palmer and his receivers a lot of problems. I look for the Jets to cover the spread and win by 3.

Jets - 19
Bengals - 16

[b]Eagles vs. Cowboys (4):[/b] Despite the ass whipping the Eagles took on Sunday, I expect this rematch to be a very close game. Andy Reid will have his team ready and I expect McNabb to have a good day throwing the ball to the his receivers and TE. And again, I expect Romo and the Boys to fold in the clutch. Eagles cover the spread and wins a nail biter.

Eagles - 21
Cowboys - 20

[b]Ravens vs. Patriots (3.5):[/b] This is the game I'm looking forward to the most this weekend. I think this game will exploit the absense of leadership on the defensive side of the ball for the Patriots. However, I do expect Brady and Moss to score quickly when needed as Baltimore will probably control the clock with the running game. This one should go to overtime. Raven cover the spread, but Patriots win by FG in OT.

Ravens - 20
Patriots - 23

[b]Packers vs. Cardinals (2.5):[/b] Wow... we could have 4 close games this weekend. Big question in this game is how much pressure can Arizona's defense put on Rogers. The health of the Cardinals is also a concern. I expect some big plays from Charles Woodson (who should win the Defensive MVP this year). Packers cover the spread and win.

Packers - 23
Cardinals - 20

[b]So those are my picks: Jets, Eagles, Patriots, Packers.[/b]
Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:31 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BobbyDigital Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Jets are gonna get their asses handed to them in Cincinatti.

Cowboys will pull out a close one over the Eagles.

I'll take the Ravens over the Patriots.

I like Arizona over the Packers.

Out of all the playoff teams, I'm curious to see how New Orleans is gonna play in their first game.
Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:46 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
itswhateva

Joined15 Apr 2009
Posts241
Bank0
Bones1467.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
The Wildcard matchups are really tough to choose from, but here goes...

Cincy over the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! - Cedric Benson is back and I don't see Sanchez carryin' them to another big win.

Pats over the Ravens - I like the Ravens ground game and Welker is out, but it's tough for me to go against Belichek and Brady against them.

Cards over the Pack - Only cuz the Packers are home.

Iggles over the Cowgirls - it's really a toss up to me, but I think Dallas' playoff woes continue.
Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:25 pm View user's profile Find all posts by itswhateva Send private message
Ms Pris

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts1843
LocationIn Pris Land
Bank0
Bones2978.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Go Cowboys!!!!!!

Got say it!!
Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:01 am View user's profile Find all posts by Ms Pris Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="BobbyDigital"][b]The Playoffs are here!

Anyone want to talk about the Wildcard games?

Jets vs. Bengals (2.5):[/b] Many will say that Cincy laid an egg on purpose to avoid hosting a Wild Card game against the Raiders. But I think the Jet's D will give Palmer and his receivers a lot of problems. I look for the Jets to cover the spread and win by 3.

Jets - 19
Bengals - 16

[b]Eagles vs. Cowboys (4):[/b] Despite the ass whipping the Eagles took on Sunday, I expect this rematch to be a very close game. Andy Reid will have his team ready and I expect McNabb to have a good day throwing the ball to the his receivers and TE. And again, I expect Romo and the Boys to fold in the clutch. Eagles cover the spread and wins a nail biter.

Eagles - 21
Cowboys - 20

[b]Ravens vs. Patriots (3.5):[/b] This is the game I'm looking forward to the most this weekend. I think this game will exploit the absense of leadership on the defensive side of the ball for the Patriots. However, I do expect Brady and Moss to score quickly when needed as Baltimore will probably control the clock with the running game. This one should go to overtime. Raven cover the spread, but Patriots win by FG in OT.

Ravens - 20
Patriots - 23

[b]Packers vs. Cardinals (2.5):[/b] Wow... we could have 4 close games this weekend. Big question in this game is how much pressure can Arizona's defense put on Rogers. The health of the Cardinals is also a concern. I expect some big plays from Charles Woodson (who should win the Defensive MVP this year). Packers cover the spread and win.

Packers - 23
Cardinals - 20

[b]So those are my picks: Jets, Eagles, Patriots, Packers.[/b][/quote]

Two of these are very suspect picks and thats the Pats/Ravens game. First off with Welker gone, the Pats lose their precious underneath attack and Moss is going to be double teamed most of the game. Additionally Ed Reed not being full strength but still back helps out the Ravens defense.

Also your Jets pick, if Oucho is healthy, TRUST ME, he'll make good on that promise the week prior against the Jets. Grand makes a point with Benson being back and Larry Johnson. It's an accomplishment with a rook at QB that the Jets made the playoffs and thats where it ends.

Now to the NFC, my hopefuls are EAGLES & Packers. However as much as I hate the Cowboys and namely "HOMO", I have to admit they are surging at exactly the RIGHT time.

I'm just rooting for GBP because I like Rogers, the DUKE and I want to see somehow a potential Vykes and Pack showdown.
Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:59 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
First of all, what an epic fail by the Bengals. I thought for sure they would show up to play at home vs. the Jets. Other than Cedric Benson, they played like ass. Carson Palmer looked like the rookie while Mark Sanchez looked pretty nice. Let's see how they do at the Colts next weekend.

Also, the Cowboys just completely demolished the Eagles for the second week in a row. Dallas's offense was clicking on all cylinders, and if Roy Williams continues to show up like he did today, Dallas may be a serious SB contdender. Their defense was just smothering. I'm looking forward to their game at Minnesota.
Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:04 am View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
itswhateva

Joined15 Apr 2009
Posts241
Bank0
Bones1467.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I can't believe I gave the Bungles and Iggles benefit of the doubt! Oh well, let's see how the Pats and Cards do. The Pack is the "sexy" pick now, but I'm stickin' with AZ.
Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:48 am View user's profile Find all posts by itswhateva Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]I've said for 3 seasons going now...McNabb is NOT the One. He shows up poorly in big games when he's expected to play well. It seems as though he needs be "playing for his rep" to show up. I can't believe I was yelling "put Vick in!". I'm a firm believer that an experienced offense takes their queue from the QB...well, they Iggles offense "played like ass"...and I have to believe that's attributable to McNabb. They need to take a hard look at Andy Reid as well.

As for the Bengals...Carson Palmer looked like shit. Who would have guessed a year ago that CEDRIC BENSON would be seen as "the ONE guy who showed up"? Laughing Laughing Chad's name will be Johnson again next season if he honors his word. Revis was like a Snuggie on his ass. Dirty Mark Sanchez? QB rating was 139.4 Fucking shameful. [/color]
Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
hope_springs

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts10185
Locationend zone
Bank4294967295
Bones24350.16 Bones
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
So funny listening to the commentators worshipping the Pats prior to the game and they're looking like the Lions right now. Laughing Laughing
Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:23 pm View user's profile Find all posts by hope_springs Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]I'm happy the Ravens (a team I've grown to like) stomped NE's dick in the dirt. I can't stand them arrogant mofoz.

The Jets win was the only surprise for me this weekend. I didn't expect the Packers-Cardinals game to be that kind of shootout, and I didn't expect Dallas to manhandle Philly like they did...but I wasn't shocked they won. The Ravens are a better team than they often showed during the season and the Patriots won because the AFC is no longer the "dominant" conference...they are "haves and have nots" just like the NFC.

I thought I'd written it here, but it must have been on another sports board where I wrote that the Saints would have to go through Warner, Favre, and Manning to get a Lombardi Trophy. Looks to be shaping up that way. I'm really needing the Cowgirls' to turn into a pumpkin next week against Minnesota. Meanwhile, we'd better have an answer to the Cardinals January magic.[/color]
Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:56 am View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[url]http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20100110/20100110210245810000101/[/url]

[size=18][b]Has McNabb played last game in Philly?[/b][/size]
By ROB MAADDI, AP
5 hours ago

PHILADELPHIA(AP) For all their success together, all those division titles and playoff appearances over the past decade, Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb are measured by this in Philadelphia: No Super Bowl trophy.

Strong favorites to make a championship run just eight days ago, the Eagles were quickly eliminated from the playoffs with a 34-14 loss to the Dallas Cowboys in an NFC wild-card game Saturday night.

Now begins an offseason filled with uncertainty. The biggest question is whether McNabb will return. Reid isn't going anywhere. The winningest coach in franchise history recently signed a three-year contract extension through 2013.

But McNabb has just one year left on his deal, and it's no longer unimaginable to think the Eagles could be ready to move on without the five-time Pro Bowl quarterback.

``I want to be here and don't want to be anywhere else,'' McNabb said after the team's second loss to the Cowboys in six days sent them home early.

He may not get his wish.

McNabb had one of the best seasons in his 11-year career, helping Philadelphia go 11-5 and reach the playoffs for the eighth time since 2000. But he struggled badly in two crucial games, ending the season on a terrible note.

The Eagles had won six straight games and were a popular pick to reach the Super Bowl before they lost 24-0 to the Cowboys last Sunday. That loss cost Philadelphia the NFC East title and a first-round bye. Instead, the Eagles dropped to the sixth seed and had to return to Dallas.

McNabb led an offense that scored a franchise-record 429 points this season. But they couldn't generate anything against the Cowboys two weeks in a row.

When Michael Vick threw a 76-yard touchdown pass to Jeremy Maclin to tie it at 7-7 in the second quarter on Saturday night, McNabb hadn't even completed a pass to that point.

Fans at a local sports bar began chanting ``We want Vick'' when McNabb started the next series with the Eagles trailing 14-7. It probably would've sounded the same - except much louder and mixed in with thunderous boos - if the game was played at Lincoln Financial Field.

McNabb didn't help his case by making poor decisions and misfiring on several throws. But an injury-depleted offensive line didn't give him much time to throw and his receivers, including Pro Bowl wideout DeSean Jackson, couldn't get open.

``Donovan is a great quarterback; he has enjoyed his years here,'' running back Brian Westbrook said. ``Whether people think he should be the guy here or not, he has done a great job. Donavon is the reason that we have had so much success. He is definitely one of the best quarterbacks that I have had to deal with, one of the best in the league.''

The Eagles have a talented core of young players on offense. Jackson, Maclin, running back LeSean McCoy and tight end Brent Celek have bright futures. If McNabb stays, the offense could be even more potent next season, especially if the blocking improves.

Or, management could decide to part with McNabb. He's only 33 and certainly has trade value. Kevin Kolb filled in nicely when McNabb missed two games with broken ribs. The third-year pro showed his potential by becoming the first QB to throw for 300 yards in his first two career starts.

There's also a chance - very slight - that the Eagles keep Vick around if McNabb goes. The team holds a $5.2 million option on Vick for next season. He didn't show much during the season, but his TD pass to Maclin was a perfect throw in a clutch spot.

``Whatever happens, happens,'' Vick said. ``I'll be in football shape. I'll be in tiptop condition. I'm confident in my skills. I'm confident in myself.''

Another interesting story line during the offseason will be Westbrook's future. A former All-Pro, Westbrook has slowed down significantly. He missed six games because of two concussions and another due to an ankle injury. Perhaps the only chance Westbrook will be back is if he restructures his contract and takes a heavy pay cut.

The biggest changes the Eagles must make have to be on defense. The Cowboys exposed all of Philadelphia's weaknesses on the defensive side in the last two games. The Eagles need a strong rusher to complement Pro Bowl end Trent Cole. The linebacking group could use a total overhaul, though the return of Stewart Bradley in the middle should help. The free safety position has to be improved. Brian Dawkins' presence was sorely missed in the secondary.

``It's going to be a hard offseason because we expected more for ourselves in the postseason,'' veteran middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter said. ``To get where we want to get to, this (was) a division game, they are a division rival, we have to get better and get past those guys.

``We all learn from this situation, not just the young guys. We look at the grand scheme of things. We have a lot of youth. Guys are learning from it. All we can do is go back, get better this offseason, work hard and try to set ourselves up in great position next year.''

Copyright 2010 STATS LLC
Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:07 am View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
hope_springs

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts10185
Locationend zone
Bank4294967295
Bones24350.16 Bones
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
Picks for next week

Saints over Cardinals (looking for at least one Darren Sharper interception for TD)

Dallas over Minnesota (hoping they beat the hell out of each other)

Ravens over Colts (Ray Lewis is gonna hammer Peyton)

Chargers over Jets (reality bites)
Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:24 am View user's profile Find all posts by hope_springs Send private message
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]I've said for 3 seasons going now...McNabb is NOT the One. He shows up poorly in big games when he's expected to play well. It seems as though he needs be "playing for his rep" to show up. I can't believe I was yelling "put Vick in!". I'm a firm believer that an experienced offense takes their queue from the QB...well, they Iggles offense "played like ass"...and I have to believe that's attributable to McNabb. They need to take a hard look at Andy Reid as well.

As for the Bengals...Carson Palmer looked like shit. Who would have guessed a year ago that CEDRIC BENSON would be seen as "the ONE guy who showed up"? Laughing Laughing Chad's name will be Johnson again next season if he honors his word. Revis was like a Snuggie on his ass. Dirty Mark Sanchez? QB rating was 139.4 Fucking shameful. [/color][/quote]

Shit, McNabb had no time to throw! He had defenders in his face all night!

Folks want to blame McNabb and Andy Reid, but the fact of the matter is that [b]the Eagles just aren't good enough to beat the Cowboys[/b]. A team beats you 3 times in a season, that's all the evidence you need.

Chad Johnson - all bling and no ring....LOL

LOL at the Packers. What a way to lose a game.

Am I the only one that finds the Baltimore Ravens annoying? They're good, don't get me wrong, they're just BORING to me.

Anyhow, next week the 2 best games are the NFC games, no question. I don't think anybody would be surprised if the Cardinals go into New Orleans and win. Cardinals are so dangerous offensively. Obviously this game will come down to which team plays the best defense.

Cowboys at Vikings! I hope they beat the shit out of each other, too....LOL
Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:04 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BobbyDigital

Joined03 Aug 2002
Posts7583
LocationBlack Hollywood
Bank0
Bones21765.78 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b]Watching the Eagles game I can't even blame this on on McNabb. You don't make an effort to run the ball, you deserve to lose. By half time I think the Eagles only ran the ball 6 time for 25 yards. That falls on Andy Reid and his play calling.

Second... Philly sucks in the trenches. Both there O-line and D-line suck. O-line couldn't protect McNabb, D-line couldn't get pressure on Romo. The secondary misses Brian Dawkins because those safeties were out of place that whole game. And why wasn't Samuel defending Austin? Austin was beating S. Brown like he stole something. You'd think the defense would have had a seance at halftime to bring back the ghost of Jimmy Johnson. I think the Defensive Coordinator better put his house up for sale... I'd fire him.

And it was nice to finally see a game where Tom Brady isn't coveted and protected by the refs. Let 'em play... let them hit Brady.

I guess this is why they call it WILDcard weekend.[/b]
Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:07 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BobbyDigital Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I agree about the Brady and coveted/protected by the refs comment. It was also nice to see NE get their ass totally SMASHED.

"Tear it up, tear it up, tear it up" (what movie),lol. Good riddance and still say FUCK you Billcheck.

Maybe the Jets are for real and I should root for them. I love the fact they made the playoffs with a ROOK at QB. That fucker Brett Favre must absolutely hate that.

It's my opinion that the modern NFL now, you need TWO backs a'la; AP and Chester Taylor and McGahee & that stud RAY Rice. it's amazing how Baltimore blew up the scoreboard with Flaco only completing 4 passes. I really don't know how it's possible. As much as I can't stand Ray Lewis, I hate Brady even worse so I LOVED when he got the sack on him.

Wow, Dallas is peaking nuff said and can't believe I'll be rooting HARD for them to put these 'Queens out of their misery.

Aaron Rodgers is the REAL FUCKING DEAL nuff said and the Packer organization as I said last year does NOT need to make ANY apologies for what they did to that redneck. That game was unreal yesterday. While it was an INT that won the game for Arizona, I really respect how GBP DID NOT lay down when they easily could have.

Damn Rodgers though you had Greg Jennings over the middle. Damn.

So the NFC championship will be

Saints vs. Cowboys

Indianapolis vs San Diego (how many times are we going to see that match up)

Superbowl.

Saints vs. Indianapolis.
Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:06 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Marz, I definitely agree with you about the Packers and the Favre situation. I'm so glad they stood their ground and stuck by Aaron Rogers instead of letting Favre just waltz back into the starting job. And yes, that Packers/Cardinals game was truly insane. In a game where neither defense could stop anybody, it's ironic that a defensive play won the game. I'm looking forward to the Cards/Saints game next week. That one could be a shootout too.
Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:39 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 15 of 19

Jump to: