Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
How to disable Back button in Firefox?

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » The Matrix View previous topic
View next topic

How to disable Back button in Firefox?
ashtonfarell

Joined05 Feb 2010
Posts4
Bank0
Bones31.36 Bones

Post How to disable Back button in Firefox? Reply with quote
I am using ASP and i have made the login page for the user, all it works well but in Firefox while we press the back button the window will redirects the user to the client area which is unsafe and the data can be changed. I have blocked the back button in Internet Explorer but it doesn't works in Firefox. Please do the needful help.
Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:12 am View user's profile Find all posts by ashtonfarell Send private message Send e-mail
dexxtreme

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts3406
LocationThe Alamo
Bank4294967295
Bones11701.78 Bones
Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
I'm assuming that you disabled the back button with Javascript. The problem with that is you are relying on the user's browser to cooperate with your web site (and hoping the user hasn't disabled Javascript in their browser). Honestly, the safest method is to build the security in your application, figure out how to detect when the back button has been pressed, and work around the issue by somehow redirecting the user to the page they should really be on. Users expect the back button to always work, so you really have to figure out how to work around the users expectations.
Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:59 pm View user's profile Find all posts by dexxtreme Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » The Matrix All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: