Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Another reason that Tavis Smiley's a bitch....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner View previous topic
View next topic

Another reason that Tavis Smiley's a bitch....
BobbyDigital

Joined03 Aug 2002
Posts7583
LocationBlack Hollywood
Bank0
Bones21765.78 Bones

Post Another reason that Tavis Smiley's a bitch.... Reply with quote
[b]So he wants to have a (IMO) "bash Obama" conference in March in Chicago.

While I understand his desire for the President to have a Black Agenda... they way Tavis wants President Obama to go about doing that is damn near stupid. Tavis basically wants President Obama to have establish a focused agenda (no different than his agenda on health care, the economy, and foreign policy) on the "Black Agenda".

Is this fool nuts? Does he not know about the White Office of Urban Affairs... or that the Attorney General is black?

Then... this fool goes on Tom Joyner and try to call out Al Sharpton (who I have some issues with also, but I'm glad that he did call Eric Holder out on how he's handling the Sean Bell thing) and others on things that he (Sharpton) and others didn't even say. I guess he expected to just be able to make his attack and go on about his day.

How 'bout I'm listening to Sharpton on his radio show. He and Tavis are going at it... and Sharpton is laying the smack down on dude. Then... Tavis with the "I love you" bullshit tries to invite Sharpton to this same bullshit conference to be part of the panel.

Here's my opinion. I personally think Tavis have some "haterism" against President Obama. Timing is everything and this meeting in March is going to be more an embarassment to Obama from black than anything. And who's gonna take the results and run with it? Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Fox News, and the Republican. I mean... if the "black" President is preceived to have no support with black people, he's sure as hell not going to get re-elected and is going to catch hell the rest of this term.

And... I think Tavis is fully aware of this. Bitch ass...

Actually fuck him... sideline complaining bitch. Hell, at least Sharpton went directly to the White House with an actual plan to use Obama's current agenda to make sure that black people get the help they need. Instead of having these bullshit conference to complain and get nothing done but sell books.[/b]
Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:24 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BobbyDigital Send private message Yahoo Messenger
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
LocationDon't Worry About It
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Is [i]that[/i] why he came back to the Tom Joyner show today, to talk about this mess? That dude is a mess - I've been through with him even before he showed his ass during the 2008 election cycle; this just confirms it.
Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:30 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
pacco96

Joined17 Sep 2005
Posts5011
Bank0
Bones18715.44 Bones

Post Reply with quote
What does Tavis do anyway? He's not an activist, but a commentator. That means he complains about shyt he does not like. He's a pompous, arrogant, self serving jackass. And Tom Joyner has the nerve to kiss this dude's azz. I don't always agree with Rev Al, but I admire him for being in the forefront rather than behind a desk throwing arrows from a distance.
Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:35 pm View user's profile Find all posts by pacco96 Send private message
FancyFeast

Joined21 Apr 2008
Posts5732
LocationUrban Cougarville
Bank0
Bones32985.52 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I'm still trying to understand the whole "black agenda" thing. Having a black agenda doesn't seem to have improved anything IMHO. The black folks that make things happen don't put a label on what they are doing and if they do it gives the appearance of being open to everyone.
Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:38 pm View user's profile Find all posts by FancyFeast Send private message
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I should have known that Tavis bringing his punk ass back on TJMS was because he was trying to sell something...between him and the Hip Hop asskisser, Eric Dyson, I want to send Epic Beard Man over to their houses.
Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:41 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546240.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Michael Eric Dyson is more than a "hip hop" ass kisser. He's a patronizer to women and believes that it was because he was lighter complexioned than his brother is why he succeeded and bro failed,lol.

I've told you all for years that Tavis is a punk ass but I was called all types of haters. I remember when his whining punk ass got let go on BET and went in on Bob Johnson. Isn't it Bob's company regardless of what folks think of him??

So now he's coming after ol Barry huh?? Why not take it one step further and join with the Limbaughs, Hannity's and Beck's of the world?

It's also good to know that Black people are too shackled to look out and fend for themselves.
Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:06 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
BobbyDigital

Joined03 Aug 2002
Posts7583
LocationBlack Hollywood
Bank0
Bones21765.78 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b]Okay... this might be lengthy... but I don't want to call the bitch ass a bitch ass without providing what his bitch ass actually said...

This conference he wants to have is called the "We Count! The Black Agenda is the American Agenda" on March 20th. The bitch ass goes further and plans this bitch ass conference in Obama's home (Chicago).

Here's the transcript of what the mutha fucka said on Tom Joyner this morning...[/b]

[quote]
Tavis Smiley on the “Tom Joyner Morning Show”
February 23, 2010

Tavis: “I choose to identify with the underprivileged. I choose to identify with the poor.
I choose to give my life for the hungry. I choose to give my life for those who
have been left out of the sunlight of opportunity. This is the way I’m going.
If it means suffering a little bit, I’m going that way. If it means dying for them,
I’m going that way. Because I heard a voice saying, ‘Do something for others.’”
The words of the greatest American we’ve ever produced, Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr., talking about the choice he made not just, Tom, to identify with, but to
give his life for the least among us; the politically, socially, economically
disenfranchised in America.

And so Dr. King made a choice, Sybil, and we, too, must make a choice. We, too,
have a cross to bear just like Dr. King.

“Must Jesus bear the cross alone and all the world go free? No, there’s a cross for
everyone and there’s a cross for me.”[/quote]

[b]Nigga can you stop the self-glorifying "I'm MLK" bullshit and get to the point?[/b]

[quote]Some of us, who call ourselves Black leaders are making the wrong choice. I’m
afraid this morning, Tom, that in so doing, we are misleading, misguiding, Black
folk. It’s time for a course correction, not now, but right now.
Because leadership without followership is a sinkin’ ship.
Let me get straight to the point this morning by taking you back, Tom, just over a
year ago in fact, when then Senator Barack Obama was elected our nation’s first
African American President, and we celebrate that.
Black leaders were all over the news you’ll recall, expressing their frustration and
their angst at the very suggestion that they were no longer relevant, simply
because we had elected a Black president.[/quote]

[b]I'm sorry, I never saw Black "leaders" all over the news expressing this frustration. Not even Jesse who I think felt this way.[/b]

[quote]That notion was asinine and preposterous and they said so early and often. They
argued, correctly, I might add, that it’s not either/or, a Black president or Black
leadership, but rather both - and - a Black president and Black leaders working
together on an urban agenda for the Black masses.
But, my Lord, what a difference a year makes. Over the past few weeks a chorus
of Black leaders have started singing a new song. I must have missed that choir
rehearsal, J., because I don’t know the words to this new hymn.
The President doesn’t need a Black agenda, they sing. He’s not the president of
Black America, he’s the president of all America, and he need not focus
specifically on the unique challenges Black America is facing, they sing.
As you have probably deduced by now, I’m having some trouble learning my part
and carrying this new tune.

Now, I know all too well, “God of our weary years, God of our silent tears.” I
know, “Wake up everybody, no more sleeping in bed.” I know, “Hang on to the
world as it spins around. Just don’t let the spin get you down. Things are moving
fast. Hold on tight and you will last because someday we’ll all be free.”
I know “What’s going on.” I know “We shall overcome,” but I don’t know this
new tune, the president doesn’t need a Black agenda.

And I’ve been hearing from other members, Tom of our Black chorale, all across
America as well, who either, like me, don’t know these new lyrics or have heard
the song but ain’t down with singing it. That said, it’s time for a choir rehearsal
so that we’re all singing from the same page.[/quote]

[b]Like I said... it's time for a bash Obama conference.[/b]

[quote]And so, our choir rehearsal will be held Saturday, March 20, in Chicago at
8:00am, at Chicago State University, with Dr. Wayne Watson.
Now, for all of those who can’t attend the choir rehearsal in person, this rehearsal
will be broadcast on national television.[/quote]

[b]I bet FoxNews is itching to get this on their network.[/b]

[quote]We’ve asked, Tom, some of the lyricists who apparently wrote this new song to
show up respectfully and explain why they penned these strange words that we’ve
been reading all across the press that the president doesn’t need a Black agenda. I
say this lovingly, they’re all friends and freedom fighters…but Al Sharpton, Ben
Jealous, Charles Ogletree, Valerie Jarrett, Marc Morial, Dr. Dorothy Height, will
also be joined by some other crooners who I think do want us singing a different
song…Barbara Lee, Angela Glover Blackwell, Cornel West, Michael Eric Dyson,
Jesse Jackson, just for example.[/quote]

[b]So basically this bitch is going to insult people then ask them to sit on his panel so he can mediate and control a discussion with these influential black people with so what opposing views that will turn out to be a verbal boxing match between black folks... on national television... in Chicago... during a pivotal election year.

C'mon son... I'm not falling for the banana in the tailpipe. Maybe that's why he's verbially challenging black folks who are the most gullible... church folks.[/b]

[quote]Other invited singers include Louis Farrakhan who hasn’t been singing much of
late, but who has a solo I’m told he’s ready to share. Should be some kind of
choir rehearsal to get us all singing the same song, Saturday, March 20, in
Chicago, on national television.
You can register right now at www.tavistalks.com. That’s tavistalks.com. This
come to Jesus meeting is free and open to the public.
And, finally, Tom, before you meet us at choir rehearsal at Chicago State, March
20th, marinate on these things if you will; questions, I want you to consider.

1. Do we think that we can give President Obama a pass on Black issues
and somehow when he’s no longer in office, just resurrect the moral
authority to hold future presidents accountable to our concerns? How
does that work? You give one president a pass on Black issues, but
when he’s gone, you go right back to trying to hold the next president
accountable. I don’t get how we’re going to do that.
�� If we, African Americans, go silent, how do we keep our brothers and
sisters in Africa and the Third World from being rendered invisible?

2. Why is the Black agenda always framed, Tom, as exclusionary,
reductionist, prejorative and negative? Isn’t the Black agenda the
human agenda?

3. Would America have even been America without her Negro people?

4. If Lincoln, FDR, Truman and LBJ, all became iconic and
transformational presidents by courageously confronting race can
President Obama, our beloved president become a transformational
president by avoiding race?

5. And finally, if there is no need for a Black agenda, then why doesn’t
the NAACP refund my life membership?
In closing, the words of Langston Hughes, “Looks like what drives me crazy
don’t have no effect on you, but I’m going to keep on at it ‘til it drives you crazy,
too.”[/quote]

[b]I don't hate people. But this mutha fucka just gets under my skin. I know some people think Obama is arrogant... but this dude; he's on another level... and he happens to think that he's actually helping poor black folks.

... well only those that have the $19.95 to buy his book.[/b]
Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:17 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BobbyDigital Send private message Yahoo Messenger
juju

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22914
LocationNeverland Valley Ranch
Bank4294967295
Bones30244.24 Bones

Post Reply with quote
why Robert, i do declare. i don't think i've ever seen you use so much profanity. something tells me you don't care much for tavis. Laughing

i listened to him on tjms this morning and rev. al called in pissed! Laughing rev. al said "i'm an activist, i don't have time for productions." Laughing but why was tavis sitting up there making it seem like all these people had agreed to come to his notState of the Black Union? (he's calling it something else now) i wasn't really clear on the point he was trying to make. he's calling all these people out for giving the president a pass when it comes to black issues, but like reverend al said, they met with the president for that specific purpose. to talk to the president about how the jobs bill would impact our community. tavis is trying to sell books and i can't believe he had the nerve to pull dorothy irene height into his foolishness. that's blasphemous.

state of the black union is nothing but an orgy of pontificating bourgeois book peddling negroes anyway.

bb, i'd forgotten how he tried to guilt then senator obama into coming to that shit. and then rejected michelle obama's offer to attend. he cracks me up. Laughing

fondray, you forgot about toure and cousin jeff. are they not worthy of an open handed slap to the mouth as well? Smile
Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:18 pm View user's profile Find all posts by juju Send private message
pacco96

Joined17 Sep 2005
Posts5011
Bank0
Bones18715.44 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Oh God I can not stand that clown Jeff "My Truth" Johnson. Just because you can form an articulate opinion does not mean you are community leader or expert on black causes.
Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:39 pm View user's profile Find all posts by pacco96 Send private message
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
juju why you bring up that jackass, Toure? That simp was on TV the other day talking about what I don't know because I immeadiately turned the TV. Is that fucka still writing on the Daily Beast? Cousin Jeff? I haven't gotten that vibe from him, pacco...not saying that there's no truth to what you're saying.

anybody read Jimi Izreal's writings. I remember when he was just a local Cleveland writer and now he about to blow up with his The Denzel Principle gobblygook and, get this, a sitcom for Mr. Marcus Laughing
Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:53 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
juju

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22914
LocationNeverland Valley Ranch
Bank4294967295
Bones30244.24 Bones

Post Reply with quote
toure writes? cousin jeff is a baby tavis. i'm turned off by his constant accusations that black people only voted for obama because he is black or that we equate obama to jesus. it's insulting to any voter, black or otherwise with an ounce of intelligence. he speaks as though he is the only black person who can speak about politics and that all the rest of us are just a poor, dumb lowly lot in need of his translation. he bites.
Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:02 pm View user's profile Find all posts by juju Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546240.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of either guy but there is some truth in the above.
Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:20 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
hope_springs

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts10185
Locationend zone
Bank4294967295
Bones24350.16 Bones
Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
I've been done with Tavis for a long time now. He's oozing with jealousy.
Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:14 pm View user's profile Find all posts by hope_springs Send private message
NEAquarius

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts15542
Locationhere, there, everywhere
Bank0
Bones33553.70 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I knew it was too good to be true when Tavis cancelled the State of the Black Union.

Sharpton was heated! He probably still had his rollers in his hair when he called in. Laughing Tom was kind of stuttering. Laughing

I agree about Cousin Jeff, juju.
Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:29 pm View user's profile Find all posts by NEAquarius Send private message
pacco96

Joined17 Sep 2005
Posts5011
Bank0
Bones18715.44 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I think Tavis lashed out because he knows his reputation has suffered with black folks. He acted a total bytch when he left the TJMS because people wasn't buying his brand of bullschit anymore during the elections. I agree, his injections of scriptures is targeted toward simple chuch going folks to shout Amen to. I heard the TJMS this morning and I hope Tavis washed his ass because Tom's lip was planted firmly on them. He (Tom) really needs to start disassociating himself b/c this self-righteous mofo only cares about himself.
Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:47 pm View user's profile Find all posts by pacco96 Send private message
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="juju"]toure writes? [/quote]

touche'

[quote]cousin jeff is a baby tavis. i'm turned off by his constant accusations that black people only voted for obama because he is black or that we equate obama to jesus. it's insulting to any voter, black or otherwise with an ounce of intelligence. he speaks as though he is the only black person who can speak about politics and that all the rest of us are just a poor, dumb lowly lot in need of his translation. he bites.[/quote]

I have to admit, I don't know much about Cousin Jeff but a part of me was wary about a nigga going around calling himself Cousin Jeff. I didn't know he was on some holier than you negroes bull. Thanks for the update Juju The Midget
Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:44 am View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="NEAquarius"]
Sharpton was heated! [b]He probably still had his rollers in his hair when he called in. [/b] Laughing Tom was kind of stuttering. Laughing
[/quote]

Laughing that bolded part brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard at the visual. This sounds just as good as that morning Sybil's crazy ass got that dude from Barnes & Noble HEATED by making the asinine suggestion that he have security guards at all their displays Laughing That's one time if a white man dropped a nigger on a black person, I would have understood Laughing She was fucking outrageous Laughing If I hadn't known better, I would have thought it was an episode of ITS YOUR WORLD Laughing Even Jay was talking shit about/clowning her Laughing I was late for work that morning, laughing at her. Just fucking dumb.

you're the reason I even bother listening to TJMS Laughing I need to hear the Sharpton call Laughing
Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:52 am View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
NEAquarius

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts15542
Locationhere, there, everywhere
Bank0
Bones33553.70 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Laughing

it's on blackamericaweb.com. Click on Listen Live and then click on If You Missed It
Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:18 am View user's profile Find all posts by NEAquarius Send private message
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones990061542.19 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="NEAquarius"]Laughing

it's on blackamericaweb.com. Click on Listen Live and then click on If You Missed It[/quote]

Thank you!
Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:48 am View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
yeah Al was not happy Laughing and he put Tavis punk ass on blast Laughing
Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:01 am View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: