Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NFL 2011 season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap View previous topic
View next topic

NFL 2011 season
Najee

Joined06 Apr 2002
Posts6945
Bank0
Bones21598.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Green Bay can ring up points on most teams, Dun. Let's not forget the Packers rang up 31 on Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLV, and last I recall the Steelers have one of the best defenses in the NFL. Obviously, the Packers won't be putting up 42 points per game like it did last night, but I do believe the offense will average a good bit more than the 24.2 points per game it averaged in 2010. I can see the Packers averaging close to 30 points per game in 2011.

As for the defense, giving up 34 points to an explosive team like the New Orleans Saints is not the problem. IMO, a potentially bigger problem is that Green Bay's defense seems to go through spells of complacency after the offense has put up a lot of points.[/color]
Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:30 am View user's profile Find all posts by Najee Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I pretty much said the same thing regarding Blitzburgh

[i]It's week one but they are continuing RIGHT where they left off. They left off being able to score and maybe you don't want to give credit but Pittsburgh was easily one or two in defense last year. [/i]

Yes GBP gave up 34 points but lets put that in real perspective. Remove SPROLES two incredible back to back punt returns and not the Saints have 20 points. Those points didn't happen on GBPs defense, it happened on their special teams.

Are you knocking GBPs defense?? They have two of the biggest IMPACT players on their defense in Chucky Wood and Clay Matthews. RAji is no sloutch either.

This team proved all last year the one thing they could do is SCORE. Again, thats last year but I don't think their scoring ability can be doubted.
Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:18 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
Najee

Joined06 Apr 2002
Posts6945
Bank0
Bones21598.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Green Bay's defense has shown a tendency to become complacent, especially after the offense puts up points. Keep in mind, the Packers defense did give up 477 yards in offense to the New Orleans Saints. And despite the Packers defense having a couple of prominent individual players, the Packers were an average team against the rush in 2010 (18th overall). New Orleans still was in this game despite everyone knowing the Saints were passing on practically every down and had no running threat. [/color]
Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:54 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Najee Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Bears 30
Falcons 12

Oh yeah, baby! On to New Orleans!
Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:01 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Is the Bears D that good, or is the Falcons offense that weak up front?

More questions answered in the Superdome in arguably the best game on next week's schedule.[/color]
Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:05 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
LocationThrowin' some D's on it!!!
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]Is the Bears D that good, or is the Falcons offense that weak up front?
[/color][/quote]

The problems started up front on our offensive line. The Bears were getting pressure all game long with just their front 4, so that allowed them to drop 7 in coverage, which limited what we were able to do. That being said, this is the same ass song and dance we've been dealing with from our offensive coordinator, Mike Mularkey. Even though the Bears were doing well on defense, he didn't seem to make any type of adjustments to neutralize their D. Also, it's hard for your QB to get in a rhythm when he's running for his life all damn day. One that note, LT is an area to address soon, because Sam Baker was getting beat like a rented mule.

Also, can somebody remove all defensive responsibilities from Brian Van Gorder? This fool had the defense looking just as clueless as they did in the Green Bay playoff game. We were still playing zone coverage, and you saw receivers wide open with no one around them. We did get some pressure early in the game, but BVG still acts like calling a blitz or two is a foreign concept.

One more thing: we have a rookie kicker, and he was one other reason for this loss. I think only one of his kickoffs got ruled a touchback, but even that one could have been run out by Devin Hester. The Bears constantly had good starting field position, while we were always starting from the 20. People who watched him during the preseason said he didn't seem to have a real strong leg, and they may have been right.

Shit doesn't get any easier come next Sunday. I hope the entire team got cussed out in the locker room and on the plane ride home.
Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:05 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]Is the Bears D that good, or is the Falcons offense that weak up front?

More questions answered in the Superdome in arguably the best game on next week's schedule.[/color][/quote]

Tough game in the Superdome!

I can't wait until Marion Barber is unleashed. I hope he plays!

This is a must-win game for the Saints. They do NOT want to go down 0-2. You best believe Saints fans are looking for PAYBACK due to the number of times we've beaten the Saints in recent years.

If we can somehow contain the Saints offense in that dome, we can win this. Not sure if Will Smith will play, but if Culter gets time like he did today, we're gonna win. We [i]have[/i] to win to set up the SHOWDOWN against the PACKERS in Week 3!
Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:59 am View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Dun"]This is a must-win game for the Saints. They do NOT want to go down 0-2. [b] You best believe Saints fans are looking for PAYBACK due to the number of times we've beaten the Saints in recent years.[/b][/quote]

[color=darkred]The gentleman knows of which he speaks.[/color]
Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:24 am View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
imshai

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts19693
Bank4294967295
Bones3040638.91 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Jets Cowboys...INTENSE game for sure. It was good to see Plax out there, great catch & of course TD for us. Romo choked like Lebron in that last quarter. Hella disappointed in Mark, unnecessary interceptions and he was just OFF.

Cowboys defense was crazy tho. That struggle with Cromartie and Austin in the end zone was bullshit, but whatever. I can't be TOO mad, he did just supply my son's HS team with new uniforms.

The better Ryan won.

I'm happy Very Happy
Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:21 pm View user's profile Find all posts by imshai Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Shai, that was the correct call. Whenever both players come down with the ball at the same time, possession is awarded to the offensive player.
Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:40 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
imshai

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts19693
Bank4294967295
Bones3040638.91 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DamnYouAll"]Shai, that was the correct call. Whenever both players come down with the ball at the same time, possession is awarded to the offensive player.[/quote]

I know it was the correct call, doesn't mean I have to like it....
Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:16 pm View user's profile Find all posts by imshai Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]I keep trying to tell Dallas fans...Tony Romo is a BACKUP quarterback!

I don't get it. Aaron Brooks lasted 2 seasons in NO after he replaced Jeff Blake and finished the season with a winning record and our first playoff win. It was evident during the following season that he wasn't starter material...if not in talent, then in attitude. And before anybody starts calling it "racial" there are plenty of other QBs out there who can't hold a starting job simply because their teams know that they are not "the Answer". How long can the Cowboys NOT progress under Romo's leadership before they realize the obvious. The sports media is no help either because they keep hyping this guy up like he's an elite signal caller. NOT!!![/color]
Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:18 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
imshai

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts19693
Bank4294967295
Bones3040638.91 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]I keep trying to tell Dallas fans...Tony Romo is a BACKUP quarterback!

I don't get it. Aaron Brooks lasted 2 seasons in NO after he replaced Jeff Blake and finished the season with a winning record and our first playoff win. It was evident during the following season that he wasn't starter material...if not in talent, then in attitude. And before anybody starts calling it "racial" there are plenty of other QBs out there who can't hold a starting job simply because their teams know that they are not "the Answer". How long can the Cowboys NOT progress under Romo's leadership before they realize the obvious. The sports media is no help either because they keep hyping this guy up like he's an elite signal caller. NOT!!![/color][/quote]

I totally agree! Not a Cowboys fan, BUT they could've won that game last night. Romo chokes...ALOT. He's proving it time and time again.

Someone had tweeted "If Tony Romo and Mark Sanchez played darts it would take weeks and thousands of people would die."

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I love me some Mark but that boy was SLOPPY, it reminded me of his 1st season with us. Just horrible! I expected better than that from him. Oh & don't get me started on the kicker, I just KNEW he wasn't going to make it. Polk was pathetic last season. 7/15 *sighs*

It's a win, Im not gonna rag on my guys TO much, but they need to do better. What I saw last night was shitty.
Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:27 pm View user's profile Find all posts by imshai Send private message
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
If Tony Romo is a backup QB, then what the hell is Mark Sanchez??? The dude is average as hell and a Checkdown Charlie.
Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:56 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]2 conference championship appearances vs ONE playoff win separate Mark Sanchez from Tony Romo. Add to that the fact that you can lay a SERIOUS share of the burden on "Nomo" for the playoff losses they've suffered with him as starter. Sanchez isn't elite, but he's nowhere near as hyped as Romo either...and he's only entering his 3rd season...so I don't see how the two compare.[/color]
Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:15 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a7OTNKhd9s&feature=player_embedded]Ron Jaworski says "shit" during last night's Pats/Fins game.[/url]

lmao!
Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:17 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DamnYouAll"][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a7OTNKhd9s&feature=player_embedded]Ron Jaworski says "shit" during last night's Pats/Fins game.[/url]

lmao![/quote]

Hahaaaaaa!!!!
Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:16 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Najee

Joined06 Apr 2002
Posts6945
Bank0
Bones21598.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred][b]"2 conference championship appearances vs ONE playoff win separate Mark Sanchez from Tony Romo. Add to that the fact that you can lay a SERIOUS share of the burden on "Nomo" for the playoff losses they've suffered with him as starter. Sanchez isn't elite, but he's nowhere near as hyped as Romo either...and he's only entering his 3rd season...so I don't see how the two compare."[/b]

The New York Jets have a better overall team the past two seasons than what Dallas has fielded, particularly on defense and with better coaching when Wade Phillips was Dallas' coach. That has a lot to do with the Jets being in the past two AFC championship games.

In the regular season, it's no contest -- not only is Tony Romo a better quarterback than Mark Sanchez hands down, but Romo is one of the best in the NFL (I would rank him somewhere between No. 9 and No. 12). Like Dun said, Sanchez has been inconsistent from week to week in this two seasons and struggles to produce regularly despite having an arguably equal receiving corps to Romo.

In the postseason, Sanchez has shown he can be more consistent in those games. That's where Romo takes most of his criticism (probably a little too unfairly, given how sports talk always want to give an inordinate amount of criticism or praise to one person in a team). But Romo does seem to have bad Brett Favre/Drew Bledsoe tendencies to his game.[/color]
Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:41 am View user's profile Find all posts by Najee Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ms Pris

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts1843
LocationIn Pris Land
Bank0
Bones2978.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
**peeking in**
Still proud to say it GO COWBOYS but if I could have Romo ear for a second they would be beet red. Proud of the defense but we need some cornerbacks BAD!! But anyhow!!

GO COWBOYS!! until the next time.
Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:45 am View user's profile Find all posts by Ms Pris Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I'm fans of when athletes are PURPOSELY promoted that deals with things NOT athletically related especially quarterbacks. That said, sorry Dun Sanchez is a viable starter in the NFL. This is only his 3rd year for crying out loud but he has the tools and save for maybe 5 teams, if he was on the market, he'd be taken.

As far as Romo, I don't like the guy but he's definitely a proven starter also. What if I told you that next to Stabach and Aikman that Romo is the NEXT most accomplished Dallas Q/B?? . He's definitely shown some ineptitude in the post season no doubt. But then they said that about A Rod last year also.

Mean fucking time, we're losers huh?? Yeah Dun, we're gonna KICK yall ass when we play yall GAME THIEVES. WE haven't forgotten that schit.

We looked awesome even after the Stafford INT. Keep being skeptical, looking with caution kissing the already established teams asses. I told you all EVERY year in EVERY sport someone new emerges.

Meantime, N E didn't go down like I hoped they did they,lol? I have Wes Welker (who I've always liked) on a fantasy team and that scamper of his lead me to victory when I was down. I'm still NOT a fan at all of Brady. But one thing he has that a ton of QB's don't have is poise and the ability to stay in the pocket and not get happy feet. I can't stand him but I do respect his ability. I hate the way the media kisses his ass. I also believe that if Bellicheat wasn't his coach he wouldn't be as successful but NONE of that matters. He's doing what he's doing with the cards that were dealt to him. Look like Hernandez their T E is emerging and not having a sophomore slump.

All this talk about the Cowgirls and NO talk about [b]CAM muthfuking NEWTON[/b]??? It's a loss unfortunately but I'm so rooting for him to succeed. GREAT first game. SHUT all these skeptics, haters, etc the fuck up. Not Manning, not Brady, not Aikman, not Montana, not Brees, not Rivers, NONE OF 'EM did WHAT he did in the FIRST START. Now keep it going, don't get rattled, FUCK THE MEDIA, don't read your press clippings and just keep improving.

Keep doing that, in the words of the great poem, "you'll be a man my son"

GO LIONS GO CAM
Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:50 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17

Jump to: