Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NFL 2011 season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap View previous topic
View next topic

NFL 2011 season
cornbread

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts7831
Locationhardtime, MS
Bank0
Bones10937.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
i was surprised at the amount of hits quarterbacks take after getting rid of the ball.... you gotta be one tough hombre to stand it th

at pocket and take those hits... i see why they get so pissed when recievers drop passes or get alligator arms

rooting for the redskins to stay on the list of undefeated tonight
Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:21 pm View user's profile Find all posts by cornbread Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="cornbread"]i see why they get so pissed when recievers drop passes or get alligator arms[/quote]

[color=darkred]I can't remember what game I was watching (must have been the Saints), but a QB shook a tackle and made a short screen pass to [b]a tight end[/b] who'd released the block on the guy he shook only to have the intended receiver knock the ball down (or non-catch it) so he could brace for a hit that was coming.

[i]Okay...so the play called for you to block the LB, then release after a 3 count because you're my check down receiver. So you do that... I get hit but deliver the pass...then your big ass DOESN'T MAKE THE CATCH because your punk ass is scared of a hit from a safety??? WTF??? I'm calling a Code Red on your ass!!![/i][/color]
Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:28 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
cornbread

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts7831
Locationhardtime, MS
Bank0
Bones10937.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][quote="cornbread"]i see why they get so pissed when recievers drop passes or get alligator arms[/quote]

[color=darkred]I can't remember what game I was watching (must have been the Saints), but a QB shook a tackle and made a short screen pass to [b]a tight end[/b] who'd released the block on the guy he shook only to have the intended receiver knock the ball down (or non-catch it) so he could brace for a hit that was coming.

[i]Okay...so the play called for you to block the LB, then release after a 3 count because you're my check down receiver. So you do that... I get hit but deliver the pass...then your big ass DOESN'T MAKE THE CATCH because your punk ass is scared of a hit from a safety??? WTF??? I'm calling a Code Red on your ass!!![/i][/color][/quote]

I think I saw that play, and it was to the TE, but that TE redeemed himself with some great catches and some tough runs.... not sure what sequence that play fell it, but it may have came after he took a Helmet to the head (a flagrant flag was thrown) from the safety....

so muc for the Redskins being undefeated.... i don't know why I continue to get so hopeful about the Redskins... here the cowboys QB has a fractured rib, Miles Austin is out, and no CB RB had run for more than 8 yards on one play (until last night)..... and then DeAngelo Hall has to go to the media and tell how he will be aiming for Romo's ribs and Felix Jones' shoulder, when he should have been concentrating on figuring out how he was gonna cover the Cowboy receivers....
Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:26 pm View user's profile Find all posts by cornbread Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
cornbread

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts7831
Locationhardtime, MS
Bank0
Bones10937.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="cornbread"]The series will continue next Thursday, September 29th at 10pm/ET with “Reggie White and Jerome Brown: A Football Life” on NFL Network.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2011/09/23/a-football-life-reggie-and-jerome/

this looks like it's gonna be good[/quote]

it's on!
Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:00 am View user's profile Find all posts by cornbread Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Ms Pris

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts1843
LocationIn Pris Land
Bank0
Bones2978.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Peeking in again!!

Still gonna say it!!

Go COWBOYS!!! Tony Romo need to play hurt all the time. I want a new center!!
Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:26 am View user's profile Find all posts by Ms Pris Send private message
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Okay we won. We needed it. Panthers got a nice little squad. Cam Newton is a beast! Steve Smith still gives Bears fans nightmares.

Bears vs. Lions next week on Monday Night Football. I'm gonna try to make it out to Detroit to see this game.

Hey Marz, I am so AFRAID of your LIONS. I'm quaking in my boots. (Yeah right).

We are gonna expose this team and their streak will end next week!
Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:38 am View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Ms Pris"]Peeking in again!!

Still gonna say it!!

Go COWBOYS!!! Tony Romo need to play hurt all the time. I want a new center!![/quote]

[color=darkred]Go HOME Cowboys!! YeeeeHAAAAWWW!!! Who Dat gon' beat dem Cowboys??? Da Lines (that's how we pronounce "lions" where I'm from), DATS who!!

Hey Marz...can't wait until that Lions/Saints matchup in December! I just hope that both teams hold up until then. We get you guys the week after your first meeting with Green Bay on Thanksgiving. We'll be coming off a short week following a MNF game against the Giants.

I loved this Sunday. Atlanta won, but this town is sounding like they are losing. Twisted Evil Cam Newton IS a beast. But I'm still glad Chicago had it in them to put them down. Finally get a chance to see Tampa tonight against the hapless Colts. (Man, I know that the NFL is groaning over Indy's prime time schedule this season. We play them in a prime time game as well later this month.

Our next games are divisional...we go to Carolina and Tampa. Good tests for us. Carolina can be a snakepit and the game with Tampa could be for first place.[/color]
Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:25 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Thats the beautiful things about sports. In life people get thrown a curve and they cry like bitches. In sports, you don't adapt/adjust you don't move on.

The thing with the Lions is that they've shown they can win when their offense isn't always on.

Chicago has done this for years. Their defense or special teams has been their calling card and yesterday someone awakened Devin Hester. Unfortunately for Dun and Chicagoland metro. We're staying 5-0 . The Lions have had good players in the horrid 2000s what they/we didn't have was confidence.

A team that has shown that they can overcome 20 point leads in multiple weeks. You're going to have a hard time shattering their confidence.

The offense was awful the first half. When it got 27-3, even though I know Romo is prone for a blunder here or there. I thought this would be too much for us to overcome. Sure enough Romo helped us and we got those two INTs for TDs. Now you got a ball game 27-17 and a whole quarter of football left. Couple 3 and outs and now you're back in the game.

Dallas offense looked great first half Punk azz Dez Bryant looked good also. But we have someone that even Chicago knows very well. We have [b]MEGATRON[/b] right now the BEST WR in the GAME who's better than him please tell me?? No one. Not Roddy White, not Steve Smith, not Wes Welker, not Mike Wallace, not punkazz Dez Bryant, not Dwayne Bowe. [b] CALVIN "MEGATRON" JOHNSON is the best receiver in the game right now..[/b]

Our line gave up no sacks, our defensive four can pressure and you all know about our offense. Go ahead and double Megatron. We got Bettigrew and Nate Burleson. Jahvid can break one or two in the backfield.

FINALLY we're back on the BIG STAGE and the rest of the country can see us. Oh and it's in the D.

Go Lions go Tigers!!
Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:39 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
LocationThrowin' some D's on it!!!
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Mr.HC, the Falcons did win yesterday, but there's still plenty of reason for concern. I'm sorry, but there's no way we should have let Seattle back in that game, especially with Tavaris Jackson under center. Seattle went to a no-huddle in the second half, and just like clockwork, our clueless ass defensive coordinator made no adjustments whatsoever. We continued to rush only 4, never bringing any blitzes until once or twice late in the game. As a result, we let him throw for over 300 yards and 3 TD. That soft zone scheme is going to be the death of us, especially with the Packers coming to town on prime time next Sunday.

Offensively, we made some improvements. For the first time this season, we didn't give up any sacks. We moved the ball a little better, although we still have an issue with going conservative when we have a big lead instead of putting the nail in the coffin. I'm still of the mindset that a different, more innovative coordinator can really make this offense hum.

I gotta give props to the Lions; they are really doing big things this season. Back-to-back 20 point comebacks should make a lot of people take notice. That MNF game next week with the Pack should be a good one. I'm curious to see how we play them when we go up there in week 7

Yes, Cam Newton is the truth. The wins will definitely start coming in time. Any doubts about whether or not his game would transition to the pros should be long gone by now.

The Texans damn near shot themselves in the foot several times against the Steelers. The game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated.

What an epic fail by the Jets last night.
Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:24 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[i]but there's still plenty of reason for concern. [/i]

Let me look at the schedule for next week. Lets get together for the evening game next week. Yes, T Jack and how yall made him look yesterday, wow..

I don't know whats up with yall defense. Too many teams are moving the ball on yall with ease..
Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:35 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Marz, our defensive issues are not a result of the personnel on the team anymore. Coach Mike Smith has the players that he wants. The #1 issue is Brian Van Gorder, our defensive coordinator. I've said this plenty of times before, but it bears repeating: This guy has no clue at all how to make halftime or in-game adjustments. If you watch us play, you will see our corners in that soft zone coverage, playing 10-15 years off the receiver. I have yet to see us get up on the receiver and play any type of man-to-man coverage. Also, BVG does not seem to believe in blitzing the QB and really bringing pressure. All game long, we only rush our front 4 and have our LB's dropping back. We have a nice young athletic LB core than can create pressure, but BVG doesn't take advantage of that.

When Seattle came out in the no-huddle in the 2nd half, did we adjust to what they were doing? Hell no we didn't. We just kept on doing the same damn thing we do as always, and we made Tavaris Jackson look like Tom Brady. You have no idea how frustrating it is to see such a talented team being held back by such clueless coordinators on both sides of the ball.

I like head coach Mike Smith, but if he won't step up and hold these guys accountable, then maybe it's time to put him on the hot seat as well. Yes, he's led us to 3 straight winning seasons, something no other coach has ever done, but if this is as good as it gets, then maybe it might be time for a new direction. I really hate to say that, but damn.
Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:08 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred][i]Damn[/i]You[b]All [/b]is literal this week, huh? [i]Mike Smith[/i] on the hotseat?

Marz...I often wonder if in those UGA-Tech games when Stafford and Johnson were on OPPOSITE sides of the field, if each of them was saying "damn, if only I had THAT muthafucka on the other end of the ball". Stafford didn't fare too poorly with Mohamed Massaquoi (AJ Green was only a freshman) but he was no Calvin Johnson. Poor Johnson was SUFFERING with that stupid ass Reggie Ball at QB over at Tech...it had to be hell for him to watch Stafford do more with less talented receivers than him.
[/color]
Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:49 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
MrHC, I really don't want to go that route. Yes, Smitty has taken us to 3 straight winning seasons, which was unheard of prior to his arrival. I like the guy, and I don't think he's completely clueless like Jim Mora. However, he has to know that what we're seeing on the field is not what they had in mind when this season started. I know Thomas Dimitroff didn't make the deal for Julio Jones only to have our offense look the same as it did last season.

Mularkey and Van Gorder still get the lion's share of the blame, but if Smitty won't get them in check and get to make adjustments, then perhaps we need to wonder what's going on in his head.
Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:06 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DamnYouAll"]That MNF game next week with the Pack should be a good one. [/quote]

No, them suckaz is playing the CHICAGO BEARS on Monday Night!

For the first time in perhaps a long time, there will be more LIONS fans (who are used to us taking over their stadium) in the stands than Bears fans. Should be a great time.

Green Bay. Would somebody please beat these fools???

Oh yeah, the NFC SOUTH is officially the toughest division in football.
Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:28 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Not only is the NFC south the best, buffalo is still a .500 quality team, San Fran ain't stinking it up and most of all. The overhyped EGOs and Cowgirls have huge question after the first quarter of the season. You gotta love it..

I forgot the overhyped Jets also are stinking. The Raiders are showing promise.

Seems like the only team that got a lot of hype that's producing is the Pack.
Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:19 am View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Oh Dun what's the local word about Fortes contract? Ownership still being cheap or are other things on deck
Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:22 am View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
Seven

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts2175
Bank0
Bones3552.40 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Giants caught a break on Sunday with regards to the Cruz "give up" play. I remember last year a SD receiver did the same thing and they called it a fumble. But....we'll take it and move on to the next game against Seattle. Glad to see Marz's Lions take care of the overrated (as always) Cowboys team. I am amazed that the Boys haven't learned yet that they have to protect Romo from Romo at the end of these games. The Steelers looked pretty shot against Houston. Caught the end of the Philly game and that was an amazing choke job. I did catch one play earlier in the game when Ronnie Brown was stuffed near the goal and for some reason, attempted to throw a backwards pass that resulted in a fumble. Unreal.
Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:57 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Seven Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Marz"]Not only is the NFC south the best, buffalo is still a .500 quality team, San Fran ain't stinking it up and most of all. The overhyped EGOs and Cowgirls have huge question after the first quarter of the season. You gotta love it..

I forgot the overhyped Jets also are stinking. The Raiders are showing promise.

Seems like the only team that got a lot of hype that's producing is the Pack.[/quote]
[color=darkred]
NFC North got juice too. Green Bay is the best team in the NFL right now...period. Detroit is looking like they're really real...especially coming back to beat Dallas IN DALLAS. Losers don't win those games...even when Dallas sucks. Chicago is Jekyll and Hyde...which is basically their new normal under Lovie Smith. The Vikings are the only confirmed basket case in that division.

I expect to remain tied with Tampa at the top of the division...barring some kind of crazy meltdown against Cam and the Panthers. I expect Tampa to handle the 49ers and Green Bay to hand it to the Falcons.

Detroit vs Chicago is going to be a helluva game.[/color] Shocked
Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:19 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I'm with you on that Bears/Lions game. Can't wait!

Brian Van Gorder has better come up with one hell of a defensive plan for this Sunday. I know that epic beatdown still doesn't sit well with anybody in the Falcons organization. If he comes out with that same clueless ass scheme he's been using this season, I will drive down to the Dome and personally administer an ass whipping of my own. If that doesn't happen, I will settle for him being canned on the spot.

BTW, what do you think about Mercedes-Benz entering into a naming rights agreement with the Superdome?
Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:34 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]WHAT?! I hate the whole corporate name thing anyway. Yeah...I understand that it's marketing and money, but when the announcer says "We are live at Folgers Field", I have no idea WHERE the fuck they are until I see the team logo painted on the field. You eliminate the opportunity for a stadium to become "legendary" when you eliminate the unique local names for stadiums and arenas.

3 Rivers
Mile High
Arrowhead
Lambeau
RFK
Soldier Field

You never had to say it was a stadium, you never had to say what city you were in. You knew where you were and you knew who was playing. THAT's part of the game. Corporate sponsorship sucks.

I mean, what other legit name could there be for the "Louisiana Superdome"??

Just stupid.[/color]
Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:03 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 7 of 17

Jump to: