Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
"Unsung" Season whatever 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Celebrity Gossip View previous topic
View next topic

"Unsung" Season whatever 2012
westphilly37

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts15181
LocationGA Central
Bank4294967295
Bones40261.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I've always defined David Ruffin by his talent-not how he died. He was a great talent that got caught up like so many others in the industry. I need to find the book written by his half brother. I know about Jimmy. Seemed like like a nice guy when I met him.

"Walk Away from Love" and "Statue of a Fool" are my favorites of DR after he went solo.
Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:23 pm View user's profile Find all posts by westphilly37 Send private message
Dyva

Joined26 Sep 2002
Posts3897
LocationDyvaville, USA
Bank4294967295
Bones9139.98 Bones

Post Reply with quote
AIN'T TO PROUD TO BEG
BEAUTY IS ONLY SKIN DEEP
I KNOW I'M LOSING YOU

DID YO SEE ALI WOODSON "TREAT HER LIKE A LADY" WAS AT THE FUNERAL - HE ALSO HAS GONE TO GLORY
RICHARD STREET WAS THERE CRYING - SAD
MELVIN FRANKLIN -"BLUE" WAS THERE TOO SAD
DENNIS EDWARDS WAS THERE
OTIS WAS THERE CRYING TOO - SAD

I KNOW IT WAS AN EMOTIONAL FUNERAL
Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dyva Send private message
Dyva

Joined26 Sep 2002
Posts3897
LocationDyvaville, USA
Bank4294967295
Bones9139.98 Bones

Post Reply with quote
WHODINI WAS INTERESTING. YEA THEY GOT INVOLVED IN THE SEX DRUGS AND RAP. THE ONE THAT HUNG WITH THEM AND GAVE THEM ANOTHER SHOT WAS THE LIL INCH WORM GREMLIN - JERMAINE DUPRI. ECTASY NOW LOOKS LIKE THE MICHELIN MAN
Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:43 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dyva Send private message
amethyst

Joined20 Jan 2002
Posts16439
LocationThe Woods
Bank4294967295
Bones2317.57 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I can't find the link to the full episode. Confused
Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:17 pm View user's profile Find all posts by amethyst Send private message AIM Address
aisha

Joined04 Mar 2002
Posts13144
LocationWhy? You wanna come over?
Bank0
Bones26969.84 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="amethyst"]I can't find the link to the full episode. Confused[/quote]

Amey just go on YouTube and tap in Unsung and you'll find all of the past epis
Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:25 pm View user's profile Find all posts by aisha Send private message
amethyst

Joined20 Jan 2002
Posts16439
LocationThe Woods
Bank4294967295
Bones2317.57 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="aisha"][quote="amethyst"]I can't find the link to the full episode. Confused[/quote]

Amey just go on YouTube and tap in Unsung and you'll find all of the past epis[/quote]

Aisha,
I am looking for the full episode about Whodini. I have seen all the other episodes.
Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:59 am View user's profile Find all posts by amethyst Send private message AIM Address
aisha

Joined04 Mar 2002
Posts13144
Bank0
Bones26969.84 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="amethyst"][quote="aisha"][quote="amethyst"]I can't find the link to the full episode. Confused[/quote]

Amey just go on YouTube and tap in Unsung and you'll find all of the past epis[/quote]

Aisha,
I am looking for the full episode about Whodini. I have seen all the other episodes.[/quote]

Darn. Sorry Ames, I don't have a link. I did dvr it and it was pretty good
Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:30 am View user's profile Find all posts by aisha Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Discussion here have tailed off but the good thing is I caught a couple from other seasons I didn't see.

I didn't know Rose Royce was that successful in the 70's. But I have a huge problem with Black people and fake accents. It's funny how Gwen Dickey didn't have an accent ALL interview and then when they said she lived in London she suddenly PICKED up an accent,lol
Wed May 09, 2012 5:21 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
aisha

Joined04 Mar 2002
Posts13144
Bank0
Bones26969.84 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Marz"]Discussion here have tailed off but the good thing is I caught a couple from other seasons I didn't see.

I didn't know Rose Royce was that successful in the 70's. But I have a huge problem with Black people and fake accents. It's funny how Gwen Dickey didn't have an accent ALL interview and then when they said she lived in London she suddenly PICKED up an accent,lol[/quote]

yeah, the Rose Royce piece was funny. Not having grown up here, I don't think I knew until some years ago that they had done the entire CarWash album AND that is was their first album. They had hella hits from that. Also, how many people have remade their stuff?? Sheesh. I didn't even realize some of the songs I knew were their originals.
Wed May 09, 2012 6:08 pm View user's profile Find all posts by aisha Send private message
Bootylicious

Joined14 Jun 2005
Posts8527
LocationYour Computer Screen!
Bank0
Bones95605.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
TV One has been running marathons of Unsung.
Wed May 09, 2012 6:44 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Bootylicious Send private message
Dyva

Joined26 Sep 2002
Posts3897
LocationDyvaville, USA
Bank4294967295
Bones9139.98 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I SAW DEBARGE AGAIN, WHEN THEY WERE HEALTHY. BEFORE THEIR FATHER DIED. I THIN AFTER THIER FATHER PASSED, THATS WHEN THY ALL WENT BACK DOWN HILL. WHEN THEY DID DR DREW LOFE CHANGERS THAT WAS THE RESULT AFTERWARDS. I SAVED ALL OF THEM - BEFPRE -UNU NGE AND AFTER - DR DREW
JAMES IS IN JAIL NOW FOR A DRUG RELATED OFFENSE. GOOD HE WON'T KILL HIMSELF AND SPEND SOME TIME. EVEYONE EXCEPT BUNNY IS STILL ON DRUGS.
Thu May 10, 2012 5:35 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dyva Send private message
Dyva

Joined26 Sep 2002
Posts3897
LocationDyvaville, USA
Bank4294967295
Bones9139.98 Bones

Post Reply with quote
TONITE SLY AND THE FAMILY STONEN 9 PM
Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:54 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dyva Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Dyva"]TONITE SLY AND THE FAMILY STONEN 9 PM[/quote]

Is this new?? I don't recall this in the lineup.

Sly's a real piece of schit so this should be good..
Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
Dyva

Joined26 Sep 2002
Posts3897
LocationDyvaville, USA
Bank4294967295
Bones9139.98 Bones

Post Reply with quote
SLY STONE STATED THE NEW SEASON. HE LOOKED LIKE A COCKATOO - GOLD ONE DAY BLACK THE NEXT TIME

HE STILL LIVES IN HIS CAMPER. AND HE STILL HAS NO NECK. DRUG USE IS SHRINKING HIS NECK

HE'S GOT E KIDS 3 BABY MOMMAS AND ALL HIS KIDSLOOKS GOOD

HE SAID WHEN HIS SON WAS LITTLE HIS PIT BULL MAULED HIS SON THE PIT BULL DIDN'T APOLOGIZE SO HE UNLOADED HIS GUN INTO THE PITBULL HILARIOUS.

NEXT WEEK ANGELA BOFILL
Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:17 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dyva Send private message
Bootylicious

Joined14 Jun 2005
Posts8527
LocationYour Computer Screen!
Bank0
Bones95605.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Dyva"]SLY STONE STATED THE NEW SEASON. [b]HE LOOKED LIKE A COCKATOO - GOLD ONE DAY BLACK THE NEXT TIME[/b][/quote]
You mean gold one scene & the next scene it was black! Laughing Laughing Laughing I swear he cut up his gold & black shag rugs from his camper, cut out the sides & glued them to his head...INSTANT MOHAWK! He looked a hot mess!

The shocker for me was that he had a child by Cynthia. Sly's wify just had her baby...Cynthia tells wify, "I'm 5 months pregnant with Sly's child...He may be your husband, he may have other women but [b]HE'S MY MAN...HE'S MINE!!!![/b] Shocked

He looked 90 yrs old & had mush mouth (I couldn't understand nothing he was saying. Had to watch the show twice) from all the acid he took in his youth. He could have been high during the interview as he was listening to some type of computer music which only he enjoyed & knew what he was listening to. Sounded like something he made from the Garage Band app. Laughing Laughing Laughing

He looked nothing like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mtuKDmA3C4 his appearance starts 6:25 into the video.

PS - he has a bad case of neck osteoporosis. He can't straighten up his head. Kept his head down during Unsung too.
Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:17 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Bootylicious Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
One of the worse Unsungs ever. I gigantic PUFF piece.

They didn't even discuss how in 1984 he sold some of his publishing to Michael Jackson for $1 million. That doesn't sound like much now but that was about $4 - 5 million now.

The reason he lives in a van isn't because he's a recluse, it's because he was on welfare. He's someone who in the situation he's in due completely to his OWN doing.

Those hairpieces were utterly ridiculous.
Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:03 am View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
This Angela Bofill "UNSUNG" was by far the absolute BEST ONE and most deserved up to this point.

I really hope she can stay healthy. She is truly an "UNSUNG" artist. No egos, excessive drugs, petty bickering, none of that.
Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:16 am View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Here's Clive Davis track record

Sly Stone, Janis Joplin, Phyllis Hymen, Whitney Houston, Biggie and Angela..

I wouldn't call that exactly coincidence.
Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:25 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones990061542.19 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I agree that was the best one so far. Angie has always had a special place in my heart. I always loved her personality -- funny, smart, happy. Where Phyllis was sassy, Angie was bubbly.

I really love that she continues to be a fighter and is working around her disability instead of letting it consume her. Her spirit is amazing.

Marz, I'm glad that you touched on the common factor of Clive Davis. Is it a curse to work with him? Seriously!

Clive takes the best of these artists and when they get old, he's off on the next new talent. Unsung only touched on the aspect of how Clive turned his back on Angie and Phyllis when he brought out Whitney. They were treated like they were in their 70s, when actually they weren't that old. One thing I can say about that era is that almost EVERYONE was an excellent singer so they were taken for granted. Unfortunately, they all were in the era before the internet because they could have done so much more for their careers once they were abandoned by their labels.
Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:37 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[i]Angie has always had a special place in my heart.[/i]

Light complexioned, full lips, couldn't be you were looking at a mirror right,lol.

I'll say this while watching it to this comment.

[i]ne thing I can say about that era is that almost EVERYONE was an excellent singer so they were taken for granted. [/i]

As I was watching this program, I realized why my moms loved her. Also listening to the songs I KNEW Them instantly even though I didn't know the names off the top (save for "TOO TOUGH" and "I TRY"). But FUCK MODERN R&B. Fuck them ALL. It's not their fault but fuck it, it is.

They SUCK.

I guess I'm just mad that a true talent like her has to live like she does while a piece of schit like Rihanna (yeah I said it) gets to have all the great trappings and has a tenth of the talent.

I saw a commercial for some has been chic show (no disrespect to Syleena, she's cool. Oh wait a minute, never mind it was Keke Bryant. Moving on) coming on TV ONE and they're calling these broads DIVAS..

Give me a damn break. Talk about insulting. It's people like ANGIE BOFILL that are the real divas.

PS: What was her ex husbands excuse for looking like a bum?? He didn't have any health ailments
Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:06 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Celebrity Gossip All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: