Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Is Lying Part of The Marriage Contract?

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul View previous topic
View next topic

Is Lying Part of The Marriage Contract?
FancyFeast

Joined21 Apr 2008
Posts5732
LocationUrban Cougarville
Bank0
Bones32985.52 Bones

Post Is Lying Part of The Marriage Contract? Reply with quote
Funny story.

Last saturday my cousin and I had planned an outing with her mother that has alzheimers. It is easier to get her mother in my car than my cousins benz suv (this is important). My cousin also has a cadillac both cars are parked in the garage.

My cousin backed her suv out of the garage so there was enough room for her mother to use her walker to get to my car in the driveway. While I was helping her mother get into my car, cousin is pulling the benz back into the garage when she runs into the rear quarter panel of the caddy BAM! The caddy belongs to her husband (he doesn't drive anymore but still). There is damage to both cars.

She decides to tell her husband that someone ran into the front bumper of the benz in the grocery store parking lot. She is going to pay for the damage to the benz out of her pocket.

This is the third or forth time she has run into something in the benz and lied to her husband about how it happened.

So is lying about stuff like this SOP in marriage? Surprised

It kills me how she is so careless about that expensive ass car! If it was a hoopty... Laughing
Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:35 pm View user's profile Find all posts by FancyFeast Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Was she possibly intoxicated? Could she be suffering from a medical condition involving her sight or coordination?

People lie for a lot of different reasons, even in a marriage...and it's not always for the purpose of covering up "sins" or "betrayals".[/color]
Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:14 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
FancyFeast

Joined21 Apr 2008
Posts5732
LocationUrban Cougarville
Bank0
Bones32985.52 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Nope she was not intoxicated and she had on her glasses. Laughing
Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:52 pm View user's profile Find all posts by FancyFeast Send private message
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones990061542.19 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I wouldn't say that lying is SOP for marriage. I'd say instead that lying can be SOP of an individual's personality. Some people just prefer to lie rather than be truthful. People who would rather lie, tend to lie in other areas of their lives, probably lied as children, etc.
Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:58 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
delta84

Joined21 Nov 2002
Posts29053
Locationhigh school hell
Bank4294967295
Bones29798.51 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="mack"]I wouldn't say that lying is SOP for marriage. I'd say instead that lying can be SOP of an individual's personality. Some people just prefer to lie rather than be truthful. People who would rather lie, tend to lie in other areas of their lives, probably lied as children, etc.[/quote]

I agree...and with MHC too, sounds like there is more to her lying about damaging the car than what you know
Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:57 am View user's profile Find all posts by delta84 Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
NubianStorm

Joined20 Sep 2005
Posts9951
Bank0
Bones30804.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkblue][b]To the original thread Q: No.[/b][/color]
Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:00 pm View user's profile Find all posts by NubianStorm Send private message Send e-mail
JayBrizzy

Joined15 Jun 2002
Posts3706
Bank4294967295
Bones6497.96 Bones

Post Reply with quote
To your question the answer would be no. I don't think you can lay lying to some one as just a marital thing. People lie in general.
As to your cousin's issue. She needs to get a less expensive car to bang up. LOL!!!
Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:56 pm View user's profile Find all posts by JayBrizzy Send private message Send e-mail

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: