Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Bootleg Wendy Files: Spring/Summer 2014 Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Celebrity Gossip View previous topic
View next topic

Bootleg Wendy Files: Spring/Summer 2014 Edition
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
LocationSinnin' and fallin' short.
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Oh lord, someone pass Becky and Hank a tissue.

[quote][b]Marvel made a big announcement Wednesday night when they revealed that the new Captain America is going to be Sam Wilson, aka the Falcon.[/b]

LOS ANGELES— An African American character will soon strap on the star-emblazoned shield and step into the red, white and blue uniform of Captain America in the pages of Marvel Comics.

The character of Captain America first appeared in 1941, as a super soldier fighting the Nazis. He was revived by Marvel in the 1960s and became an icon among Marvel's lineup of heroes.

The change in characters was announced on the publisher's official website on Wednesday. It is built around the retirement of Captain America's original alter ego, Steve Rogers, who finds he has lost the extraordinary strength and agility he had once gained from injections of performance-enhancing "super soldier serum."

Rogers will hand the Captain America persona to his much younger friend and cohort, the character Sam Wilson, already a comic book star in his own right as the true identity behind the winged superhero known as Falcon.

A three-page explanation of the transformation was posted under the headline: "It's time for an all-new Captain America." It was authored by Marvel writer-artist Rick Remender and editor Tom Brevoort, part of the creative team involved in the publisher's re-launch of several of its popular heroes.

The Captain America update also was unveiled by Marvel Comics' chief creative officer, Joe Quesada, during a Wednesday night TV appearance on Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report."

It came one day after Marvel's announcement that another founding member of its Avengers superhero team, the hammer-wielding Norse god Thor, would be reintroduced as a woman.

For now, the changes in both characters - Thor and Captain America - will be limited to the pages of Marvel comic books. Chris Hemsworth will continue to play a male Thor, and Chris Evans a white Captain America, in Marvel's feature films.

When Sam Wilson suits up as Captain America this fall, the character will undergo more than a mere racial transformation.

Wilson will don a modified version of the familiar Captain America costume and keep Cap's trademark circular shield, according to Remender and Brevoort. But he will retain a key vestige of his old Falcon persona - retractable wings that give him the power of flight.

As for the old Cap, Steve Rogers will stick around to serve as a strategic advisor to his successor, Marvel said.

Reuters
Copyright © 2014, Reuters[/quote]
Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:35 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
Bootylicious

Joined14 Jun 2005
Posts8527
LocationYour Computer Screen!
Bank0
Bones95605.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="QTPie"]Oh lord, someone pass Becky and Hank a tissue.[/quote]
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Bootylicious Send private message
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[img]http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2014/greatideas/blog/140804/kris-jenner-600x800.jpg[/img]
Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:30 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
BishopTuTu

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts43669
LocationMD
Bank4294967295
Bones86572.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
That bitch does NOT cook! LMFAO!
Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BishopTuTu Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
aisha

Joined04 Mar 2002
Posts13144
LocationWhy? You wanna come over?
Bank0
Bones26969.84 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="BishopTuTu"]That bitch does NOT cook! LMFAO![/quote]

Tu! You can see the pics? I still can't.

Okay, so I did a workaround . . . Kris please with the "kollection". I guess they have to beat that "K" thing until it's dead, dead, dead. Confused In other news, her white nail polish was cute.
Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:18 pm View user's profile Find all posts by aisha Send private message
Bootylicious

Joined14 Jun 2005
Posts8527
Bank0
Bones95605.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="aisha"]
Tu! You can see the pics? I still can't.[/quote]
I was wondering the same. I also had to do the "work-a-round." Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation followed by Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:44 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Bootylicious Send private message
Bootylicious

Joined14 Jun 2005
Posts8527
Bank0
Bones95605.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
This is old news that I just found out about.

HBO wants Actress Gabourey Sidibe to portray Nell Carter in TV Biopic

Oscar nominee Gabourey Sidibe has reportedly been approached to portray late singer/actress Nell Carter in a new TV biopic.

Sidibe, who was nominated for Academy Award for her role in ‘Precious,’ is said to be HBO network bosses top choice to bring actress Nell Carter’s life to the small screen in a planned movie.
Carter’s biopic will include the years from 1981 to 1987 during which she starred in the hit sitcom ‘Gimme A Break!,’ but also her darker times that include cocaine addiction, her 2 divorces, her bisexuality and her many health problems, which led to her death from heart disease complicated by diabetes in 2003, according to the National Enquirer.

Reportedly, “Nell was excellent at physical comedy and could deliver a quip with drop-dead hilarity – and she had a stunning voice. Gabby has some pretty good pipes of her own.”
Official details about the project have yet to be announced.

In 1978, Nell Carter was cast as Effie White in the Broadway musical ‘Dreamgirls,’ but quit the production during development to take a television role on the ABC soap opera, ‘Ryan’s Hope’ in New York. When Dreamgirls premiered in late 1981, Jennifer Holliday had taken over the lead.
Carter also took a role on television’s ‘The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo,’ before landing a steady role as Nell Harper on ‘Gimme a Break!,’ for which she earned Golden Globe and Emmy Award nominations.

http://warmjello.com/hbo-wants-actre...-in-tv-biopic/
Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Bootylicious Send private message
BishopTuTu

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts43669
LocationMD
Bank4294967295
Bones86572.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I can't see the images on the site but I highlight the URL and click the option to view in another tab. Duh!

Laughing
Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:06 am View user's profile Find all posts by BishopTuTu Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Bootylicious

Joined14 Jun 2005
Posts8527
Bank0
Bones95605.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
So ummm whos ass do we have to kiss to get the HTML working again? Question
Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:50 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Bootylicious Send private message
aisha

Joined04 Mar 2002
Posts13144
Bank0
Bones26969.84 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Bootylicious"]So ummm whos ass do we have to kiss to get the HTML working again? Question[/quote]

No asskissing booty,
but hopefully Prince will come in and help us out.
i asked Turquoiz to let him know we need hayulp!

Last edited by aisha on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:25 pm View user's profile Find all posts by aisha Send private message
aisha

Joined04 Mar 2002
Posts13144
Bank0
Bones26969.84 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="BishopTuTu"]I can't see the images on the site but I highlight the URL and click the option to view in another tab. Duh!

Laughing[/quote]

I hate you so much! Laughing
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing too.
I'm lazy though, we need a solution (that's easy Smile )
Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:26 pm View user's profile Find all posts by aisha Send private message
aisha

Joined04 Mar 2002
Posts13144
Bank0
Bones26969.84 Bones

Post Reply with quote
BAD NEWS.

Turquoiz says that Prince told her the .html feature had been disabled as AO was being threatened with a lawsuit due to the photos from other sites.

Sad

Perhaps he'll come in and explain some more, but in the meantime, I guess just click the link to the picture? Man Sad
Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:11 pm View user's profile Find all posts by aisha Send private message
Bootylicious

Joined14 Jun 2005
Posts8527
Bank0
Bones95605.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad Shocked

Thanks for the heads up Aisha.
Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:20 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Bootylicious Send private message
Bootylicious

Joined14 Jun 2005
Posts8527
Bank0
Bones95605.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Oh well, guess I'll just post the links then.....

Pics from Mariah Carey's WONDERLAND shoot with Terry Richardson were VERY retouched. Terry took Mariah's song "Touch Me Body" to the limits with the Re-TOUCHING. Jezebel published all the pics in both original and re-touched formats and the contrasts were amazing.

http://i60.tinypic.com/1zd81e0.gif

http://i59.tinypic.com/s16ozm.gif

http://i62.tinypic.com/1z5u788.gif
Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:22 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Bootylicious Send private message
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
LocationDon't Worry About It
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up, Aisha.

We've been knowing about Mariah. I'm disgusted by her continued association with Terry Richardson. He's disgusting. Confused
Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:46 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
aisha

Joined04 Mar 2002
Posts13144
Bank0
Bones26969.84 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Uggh on Terry Richardson.

The worst part is that (I think) Mariah believes that the touchups ARE reality. What else explains the outfits she continues to wear for performances -- and for photo worthy occasions (travel, with the kids, etc). ahh well, I guess that's just her.

Perhaps we should just be happy there was no retouching on the twins.
Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 pm View user's profile Find all posts by aisha Send private message
Bootylicious

Joined14 Jun 2005
Posts8527
Bank0
Bones95605.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Actor Robin Williams has been found dead at age 63, the Marin County County Sheriff’s office confirmed on Monday evening. Cause of death is suspected to be suicide.

Williams was an Oscar-winning comedic actor known for his roles in “Good Will Hunting,” “Mrs. Doubtfire,” “Good Morning Vietnam” and many more.

More to come — here’s the full release from the Marin County office:

[i]On August 11, 2014, at approximately 11:55 am, Marin County Communications received a 9-1-1 telephone call reporting a male adult had been located unconscious and not breathing inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon, CA. The Sheriff’s Office, as well as the Tiburon Fire Department and Southern Marin Fire Protection District were dispatched to the incident with emergency personnel arriving on scene at 12:00 pm. The male subject, pronounced deceased at 12:02 pm has been identified as Robin McLaurin Williams, a 63 year old resident of unincorporated Tiburon, CA.

An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Divisions of the Sheriff’s Office. Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates Mr. Williams was last seen alive at his residence, where he resides with his wife, at approximately 10:00 pm on August 10, 2014. Mr. Williams was located this morning shortly before the 9-1-1
call was placed to Marin County Communications. At this time, the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made.
A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent toxicology testing to be conducted.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dies-at-63/
Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:50 am View user's profile Find all posts by Bootylicious Send private message
Bootylicious

Joined14 Jun 2005
Posts8527
Bank0
Bones95605.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Official: Robin Williams hanged himself with belt

"The personal assistant found Williams "clothed in a seated position, unresponsive, and with a belt secured around his neck with the other end of the belt wedged between the closed closet door and door frame," he said.

Williams' left wrist had cuts when he was found dead in a bedroom at his home, Boyd said. A pocket knife was found near his body, and a red material consistent with dried blood was found on the knife, Boyd said. He said tests will be conducted to determine whether the substance is blood."

FULL STORY W/VIDEO--->http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/12/showbiz/robin-williams-dead/index.html
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:30 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Bootylicious Send private message
BishopTuTu

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts43669
LocationMD
Bank4294967295
Bones86572.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Maria
Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:10 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BishopTuTu Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[size=13][b]TLC has CANCELLED "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" TMZ has learned, in the wake of our story that Mama June is dating a convicted child molester who sexually abused one of her relatives.[/b][/size]

The decision comes one day after TMZ broke the story ... June has been secretly dating Mark McDaniel, who got out of prison in March after serving 10 years for forcing oral sex on an 8 year old.

We've learned June has denied she's seeing McDaniel, despite a photo we posted showing the 2 of them at a small party in a hotel room. TLC clearly did not believe her and cancelled the show because they felt she was putting her children at risk.

TLC has shot an entire new season of episodes but will not air them. Although the show has fallen off its ratings high, we're told it's still very profitable, so TLC is taking a financial hit.

But the network is not turning its back on the kids, telling us, "Supporting the health and welfare of these remarkable children is our only priority. TLC is faithfully committed to the children's ongoing comfort and well being." Our sources say the network will pay for tutors and counselors for the kids.
Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:53 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Celebrity Gossip All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36

Jump to: