Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Silly ass Humans!

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Market Place View previous topic
View next topic

Silly ass Humans!
shadow777

Joined15 Jul 2007
Posts3968
LocationThe Dark Shadows
Bank0
Bones24633.44 Bones

Post Silly ass Humans! Reply with quote
McDonald's Announces It's Replacing Cashiers With Automated Kiosks and Stock Market Loves the News

BY STEPHEN KRUISER

After threatening to respond to various protests demanding a higher minimum wage by moving more into automation, McDonald's finally made it official last week.

CNBC reports:

McDonald's shares hit an all-time high on Tuesday as Wall Street expects sales to increase from new digital ordering kiosks that will replace cashiers in 2,500 restaurants.

Cowen raised its rating on McDonald's shares to outperform from market perform because of the technology upgrades, which are slated for the fast-food chain's restaurants this year.

McDonald's shares rallied 26 percent this year through Monday compared to the S&P 500's 10 percent return.

Andrew Charles from Cowen cited plans for the restaurant chain to roll out mobile ordering across 14,000 U.S. locations by the end of 2017. The technology upgrades, part of what McDonald's calls “Experience of the Future,” includes digital ordering kiosks that will be offered in 2,500 restaurants by the end of the year and table delivery.

Because of the company's success and the fact that it employs so many young people, McDonald's has been a frequent target of the #FightFor15 minimum wage movement:

comments>>>

Many people have been warning that this was the logical outcome of demanding higher mandated wages for entry-level jobs that were never meant to be anything but that. Some couldn't wait to rub it in a little.

William Oscar Hand
a month ago
I have worked for as little as 50 cents an hour as a kid. I didn't like that so I learned how to do other things that paid more. These jackasses think they should make more for flipping burgers than paramedics and firemen. They need a reality check, and they re about to get one.

Lisa Navis
a month ago
When my daughter was younger, she complained to me about minimum wage. My response to her was this: if you don't like or want minimum wage, don't have minimum skills.

Bruce A. Frank
a month ago
Who is keeping their wages low? Working hard gets one promotions and that becomes the time to start a family! Nobody owes you a car or a fancy apartment. Too bad that so many think self gratification takes preccident and they demand it now!

@Honestasia
24 days ago
No they should not make more but the problem here is not the fast food worker being over paid the problem is paramedics are under paid also Im always amazed no one says its not ok that a basketball player makes 15 million a year but how dare that worker at a fast food joint ask a mulitibillion dollar company for a livable wage & ya I get that franchisee may not be able to pay that wage but since we subsidize micky ds cattle farms with our taxes the micky ds can subsidise the franchisee with 15 dollar an hour wage.
Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:58 am View user's profile Find all posts by shadow777 Send private message Send e-mail

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Market Place All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: