Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
A lynching or suicide?

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Poll forum View previous topic
View next topic

A lynching or suicide?

Do you think he was lynched or hung himself?
I think suicide
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
I think he was lynched
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Not enough facts for me to decide
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

SophiaMoon

Joined05 Feb 2003
Posts5297
LocationWelcome to my world
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post A lynching or suicide? Reply with quote
I was reading this article and I was trying to figure out if this Black man was lynched and they are trying to cover it up as a suicide or did this man hang himself from a tree in the middle of a night. Ya'll this article reads like something out of the 1950's Shocked

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/0903/18hanging.html
Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:41 pm View user's profile Find all posts by SophiaMoon Send private message
younggiftedandblack

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts9684
LocationOkinawa
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote]Autopsy photos, however, showed only a single bruise around Golden's neck, and video from the first police car arriving at the scene showed Golden's arms dangling at his sides, not tied.[/quote]

I had heard about thisstory, but not the above info. It would be hard to prove that he was lynched.
Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by younggiftedandblack Send private message
dapolitikalone

Joined28 Feb 2002
Posts8852
LocationDante's Inferno
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
I say suicide. But remember Black folks don't do that...
Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by dapolitikalone Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
SophiaMoon

Joined05 Feb 2003
Posts5297
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DPO"]I say suicide. But remember Black folks don't do that...[/quote]

I just think the whole thing is suspcious. Confused
Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:47 pm View user's profile Find all posts by SophiaMoon Send private message
younggiftedandblack

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts9684
LocationOkinawa
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
how so?
Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by younggiftedandblack Send private message
younggiftedandblack

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts9684
LocationOkinawa
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
double post

Last edited by younggiftedandblack on Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by younggiftedandblack Send private message
dapolitikalone

Joined28 Feb 2002
Posts8852
LocationDante's Inferno
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="SophiaMoon"][quote="DPO"]I say suicide. But remember Black folks don't do that...[/quote]

I just think the whole thing is suspcious. Confused[/quote]

Why? Why is it not plausible that he hung himself? Because he was dating a white woman, whose father is a cop or because Black people don't committ suicide?

He killed himself. The evidence points to it 100%. Now had his hands been bound, evidence of a struggle, then lynching would be the plausible answer.
Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:50 pm View user's profile Find all posts by dapolitikalone Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
lovejonesx

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts16655
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
I agree that it's enough to be suspicious of it, but far from enough to declare that it's murder.
Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:51 pm View user's profile Find all posts by lovejonesx Send private message
SophiaMoon

Joined05 Feb 2003
Posts5297
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
My only question would be did he have scrape marks on his clothes or body cause he would have had to climb a tree and hold onto the tree as he made the noose. And he would have had to make the noose close enough to the tree to put his head into it while he was holding onto the tree. If there were no scratches on him or his clothes or no residue of bark or something from that tree then to me it would be murder.
Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:58 pm View user's profile Find all posts by SophiaMoon Send private message
dapolitikalone

Joined28 Feb 2002
Posts8852
LocationDante's Inferno
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="SophiaMoon"]My only question would be did he have scrape marks on his clothes or body cause he would have had to climb a tree and hold onto the tree as he made the noose. And he would have had to make the noose close enough to the tree to put his head into it while he was holding onto the tree. If there were no scratches on him or his clothes or no residue of bark or something from that tree then to me it would be murder.[/quote]

Laughing

Sophia Choice. Laughing Obviously you weren't a tree climber as a kid. You don't always get scrapes, knicks and such while cliimbing a tree. And it is much much easier to hang oneself from a tree than say, a pipe or beam inside a home.
Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:00 pm View user's profile Find all posts by dapolitikalone Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
BishopTuTu

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts43669
LocationMD
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
I've been following this story and I agreeed that it wasn't a murder -- i think he killed himself.
Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:00 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BishopTuTu Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DPO"][quote="SophiaMoon"][quote="DPO"]I say suicide. But remember Black folks don't do that...[/quote]

I just think the whole thing is suspcious. Confused[/quote]

Why? Why is it not plausible that he hung himself? Because he was dating a white woman, whose father is a cop or because Black people don't committ suicide?

He killed himself. The evidence points to it 100%. Now had his hands been bound, evidence of a struggle, then lynching would be the plausible answer.[/quote]

A lot of black people are still terrified by white people IMO. The word, "LYNCH" still conjers(sP?) "FEAR" in some kneegrows and thats SAD IMO. But I won't get into that.

I recall when that fugger Jesse Jackass went to MISSISSIPPI on a case similar to the article saying it was a "LYNCHING" but turned out it was a "hanging".

So that leads to question, [color=red]why do we connote every "HANGING" that occurs typically in the South that may have ONE racial element to a "LYNCHING" in 2003??? [/color]No, I'm far from naive, but I use the year in the fact that I don't believe that woudl be the PREFERRED method by most supremicist nowadays... I copied Tone's post becasue I totally agree with it.

I just think the whole thing is suspcious.
[size=24]
Name ONE thing please..[/size]

Heres what I see that doesn't bode too well for our victim in the article..

, [b]Golden's cousin, Dewayne Rumph, [/b]told investigators that Golden had frequently spoken of committing suicide and once "even stated he would hang himself from a tree in his grandmother's yard."

His Cousin?? Sounds like a reputable source.. MORE...

But [b]rumors [/b]persisted that Golden had marks on his head when he died, that his hands were tied behind his back when his body was found and that he would have been unable to climb a tree on a rainy night in a drunken stupor.

No one on RECORD unlike his cousin has come forth to state his whereabouts or how he received the bruise. Just typical LORE..

[b]Autopsy photos, [/b]however, showed only a single bruise around Golden's neck, and video from the first police car arriving at the scene showed Golden's arms dangling at his sides, not tied.

Ah, photos. Concrete proof that could be used by ANY independent investigator to make a determination rigth. I won't even get into the video but after all, are we supposed to believe the video in this town I've never heard went through the trouble to "doctor up" a video for this guy???

Testimony from the public inquest showed Golden to be a troubled, unemployed father of four. [b]Relatives also acknowledged the bedsheet used as a noose came from Golden's home[/b].

So the LYNCHERS broke into his home and used his own bedsheet to add insult to injury???

Ya'll this article reads like something out of the 1950's

No it doesn't, I've read much more GRAPHIC things from that era than this..

I don't see ANYTHNG SUSPICIOUS that can be gathered from this info. Please revert back to my first paragraph..
Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:03 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Poll forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: