Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
"Smoking bans" in public places, how do you feel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner View previous topic
View next topic

"Smoking bans" in public places, how do you feel

Smoking bans in restaurants, bars, etc
Fuk dem, unless it's trees then I'm all for it
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
I'on curr bout dem
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
The business owners choice
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
Only if I'm allowed to smoke with Bobbby Brown should it be legal
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

Celestial

Joined06 Apr 2002
Posts3107
LocationLos Angeles, CA
Bank0
Bones13210.90 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Well, California is already a non-smoking city. You really can't smoke anywhere you haven't paid for (except outside obviously) and I have yet to hear about a place going out of business because of the law.

If anything, they probably have MORE business now because you know how health-conscious Los Angelenos are and restaurants they may not have patronized previously because of the smoking issue are now on the list of possibilities.

Anyway, I went to a club where Saul Williams was spinning and had to leave because people were smoking all up in that joint, so apparently there are ways to get around it.
Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:33 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Celestial Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Kalibane"]Well I don't think restaurants would suffer as much as bars/night clubs would... and with restaurants it's mainly princple and a precedent that I take issue with. Bars I would think would lose a fair amount of business though. The bottomline is if you are outside smoking then you aren't inside drinking and that is where they make their money. A lot of times the door, or a portion of it, is going to a promoter (if there is a cover). It's hard to run a successful bar/club to begin with... but when you start forcing things on them that can put a damper on profits... it can turn a lot of break even clubs into bankrupt ones.[/quote]

Naylon has been embroiled in the smoking ban debate since the beginning. He said he followed the law for eight months, and lost about $10,000 a month because of the ban.
Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:33 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: