Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Tom Ridge NEWS Confrence TODAY

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner View previous topic
View next topic

Tom Ridge NEWS Confrence TODAY
Brian1982

Joined01 Mar 2002
Posts12410
LocationPG County, MD
Bank0
Bones17202.36 Bones

Post Tom Ridge NEWS Confrence TODAY Reply with quote
Dept. of Homeland Security in charge guy Tom Ridge will hold a news conference at 2 pm EST. He's gonna talk about the terrorist threats recieved in NY.
Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:27 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Brian1982 Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian1982

Joined01 Mar 2002
Posts12410
LocationPG County, MD
Bank0
Bones17202.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
D.C. N.Y. and N.J. threat levels are now raised (now Orange), but the rest of the country is remaining the same (Yellow)?

Why?

If someone is attacking your country shouldn't you RAISE THE THREAT LEVELS EVERYWHERE?

News also said that:

The latest warning appears to be linked to the July arrest in Texas of a Pakistani woman accused of illegally crossing into the United States. Law enforcement accounts indicate she had an altered South African passport along with $7,000 in cash and an airline ticket to New York.

But according to good ole Tom Ridge, the warning is in no way linked to that arrest.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:53 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Brian1982 Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WmDekooning

Joined14 Jul 2003
Posts3885
LocationDouble-wide City
Bank0
Bones10550.92 Bones

Post Reply with quote
First. I'm gonna give Tom Ridge the finger '<'Sticks up middle finger'>', then I'm gonna watch one of my tapes of season 5 "Angel".

He don't know sh*t. If he does know, catch the bad guy THEN talk about what a great job you're doing. After all, he should have at least ONE feather in his cap by the end of the year when he quits.

Secretary Ridge is having problems making ends meet and says he's going to find it difficult to send his sons to college on his current salary Rolling Eyes .
Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:11 am View user's profile Find all posts by WmDekooning Send private message
Brian1982

Joined01 Mar 2002
Posts12410
LocationPG County, MD
Bank0
Bones17202.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Want to place a bet on how fast the stock market tanks tomorrow?
Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:59 am View user's profile Find all posts by Brian1982 Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
aqil4u

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts5535
LocationNew York
Bank0
Bones13486.30 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b]Unhelpful Warnings[/b]

[i][b]Dean warns that 'terror' claims could be used for political ends[/b][/i]

Former governor and presidential candidate Howard Dean criticized the suspicions or "terror warnings" for New York and Washingto as "unhelpful" on Sunday.

In a televised interview, Dean was sceptical of the warnings issued by U.S. authorities, questioning the usefulness of calling on citizens to look out for "suspicious" vehicles.

However, he said there was an advantage in the current situation in naming the specific threat to the region, saying that usually the warnings were too vague and poorly substantiated.

The Democratic party politician expressed concern that the subject of terrorism might be abused during an election campaign to make political gains.

[i]I agree with Howard Dean. These terrorist alerts and warnings are nothing but a political ploy hatched by the Bush administration and his re-election operatives that serve a two-fold purpose: (1) to give the public the impression that Bush is "protecting them"... and (2) to keep them in the media forefront...and don't forget, the Republican National Convention starts Aug. 30 in NYC, and they're anticipating hundreds of thousands of protesters...

In addition to this, Tom Ridge, the head of Homeland Security, is resigning...

Something smells funny... [/i]

Last edited by aqil4u on Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:26 pm View user's profile Find all posts by aqil4u Send private message Send e-mail
WmDekooning

Joined14 Jul 2003
Posts3885
LocationDouble-wide City
Bank0
Bones10550.92 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Hmmm.... An excuse to crack down on the protestors?

As if their being a mile away from the convention site isn't enough.
Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:27 pm View user's profile Find all posts by WmDekooning Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: