Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ACCEPTABLE AGE DIFFERENCE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul View previous topic
View next topic

ACCEPTABLE AGE DIFFERENCE

What's an acceptable age difference between daters?
Less than 5 years
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
6-10
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
11+
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Age ain't nothing but a number
37%
 37%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 27

MzPhatBooty

Joined18 Apr 2003
Posts6279
LocationWorldwide
Bank0
Bones166.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I don't need a father figure, my father has always been excellent to me. However, because of that I want someone that is LIKE my father. In that they are responsible, a provider, and will be there for/take care of his family no matter WHAT.

Now based on that, I can tell you that the pool of available men in the below 30-35 age range shortens considerably when you tack on that list of requirements. Now, sure some "contemporary" (which is usually "young") men may feel that's bullshit, and that's cool...there are plenty of women who don't expect that from a man (usually the one's who lacked a father figure) so don't worry about those that do. Also, consider that the list shortens even more when you add on shit like a crib, car, job, etc.

Now in my own personal experience I didn't start thinking seriously about being in a relationship until I hit 25. Guys in my age group are nowhere NEAR ready to do any of the things I've mentioned. Once again, that's cool, I'll focus on the one's that are. Just so happen that those are the older cats.

Oh BTW, it could be a genetic thing too. When I was conceived, my mother was 26 and my father was 52.
Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:21 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MzPhatBooty Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
MzPhatBooty

Joined18 Apr 2003
Posts6279
LocationWorldwide
Bank0
Bones166.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I don't need a father figure, my father has always been excellent to me. However, because of that I want someone that is LIKE my father. In that they are responsible, a provider, and will be there for/take care of his family no matter WHAT.

Now based on that, I can tell you that the pool of available men in the below 30-35 age range shortens considerably when you tack on that list of requirements. Now, sure some "contemporary" (which is usually "young") men may feel that's bullshit, and that's cool...there are plenty of women who don't expect that from a man (usually the one's who lacked a father figure) so don't worry about those that do. Also, consider that the list shortens even more when you add on shit like a crib, car, job, etc.

Now in my own personal experience I didn't start thinking seriously about being in a relationship until I hit 25. Guys in my age group are nowhere NEAR ready to do any of the things I've mentioned. Once again, that's cool, I'll focus on the one's that are. Just so happen that those are the older cats.

Oh BTW, it could be a genetic thing too. When I was conceived, my mother was 26 and my father was 52.
Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:32 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MzPhatBooty Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blackbear

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts19595
LocationHibernation
Bank0
Bones6593.72 Bones

Post Reply with quote
There is no acceptable age difference.

Very Happy
Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:57 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Blackbear Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
not4uplayer

Joined18 Jan 2002
Posts8112
LocationTexas
Bank4294967295
Bones9779.73 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Darren"][quote="not4uplayer"]

I don't EVEN think so. Rolling Eyes Some younger men just want a mature woman. Someone who's not still into childish games and who is upfront with what she wants. Older women normally have thier own stuff and aren't needy. They are direct and experienced.

I do appreciate brothers who appreciate that. Cool[/quote]

Easy...the initial question was rhetorical and I was just playing along. Question[/quote]

I know.
Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:01 pm View user's profile Find all posts by not4uplayer Send private message
Special K

Joined13 Jun 2003
Posts1142
Locationout in the boonies
Bank4294967295
Bones1090.76 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I have this professor who's wife is 30 years younger than him...I believe he's about 51 or 52 Laughing

When he first told the class, everyone was like "damn" Laughing
Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:24 am View user's profile Find all posts by Special K Send private message
WmDekooning

Joined14 Jul 2003
Posts3885
LocationDouble-wide City
Bank0
Bones10550.92 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Special K"]I have this professor who's wife is 30 years younger than him...I believe he's about 51 or 52 Laughing

When he first told the class, everyone was like "damn" Laughing[/quote]
I need to start teaching again, that's how I met the last woman I was "seeing".
Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:24 pm View user's profile Find all posts by WmDekooning Send private message
6x

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts1954
LocationHitsville
Bank4294967295
Bones5800.18 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MackDiva"] I tend to do better with guys 5 to 15 years older than me. But with that comes other issues like potbellies, balding and dicks that need prescriptions to work. :twisted:[/quote]

[b]Mackie D,

You are soooooooooooo stooooooooooopid! ROTF[/b]
Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:53 am View user's profile Find all posts by 6x Send private message AIM Address
kateyes

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts13386
LocationAND U SAY CHI CITY!
Bank0
Bones34666.16 Bones

Post Reply with quote
If you meet my standards and are grown then you can roll. I have dated men in the upper 30's and men in their 20's and even men in their forties and there was in asshole in each age group Laughing

I am not going to limit myself from meeting someone cool because of thier age.
Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:25 pm View user's profile Find all posts by kateyes Send private message Yahoo Messenger

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: