Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
AO men...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner View previous topic
View next topic

AO men...
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
These types of threads always creep up when someone has a disagreement with someone and they dont' care for the "TONE" that someone spoke to them in.

Could one of you sleuths please bring up the thread in question so I can give an UNBIASED look at it?? While there are times I'll see people get called names that are unprevoked and unnecessary. There are also other times where it's like (as said in this thread) people will think they can say something to anyone and theyr'e supposed to just take it.

As far as these thread, I thought this was another men related question, silly me. Why not just call out the person in question?
Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:35 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
LocationIn the wilderness, being a Prophet of Rage
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
The thread in question is the "Senator Baby Daddy" thread.

And Jellis... what in the world do YOU mean, "don't hold your breath?" You have been here long enough, and participated in enough discussions to know that Nana's question is irrelevant. Even in the context of THAT thread, only ONE person, OHB, was actually exchanging insults with Nana... and yet Nana wants to project OHB onto "ALL AO MEN", and then some of you want to piggyback without being able to back up what you're saying.

I'm about sick of it. No one's going to hold your hand 'round here, and at the same time, just because you don't like the way ONE person comes at you, don't make an assumption that that ALL folks come at you like that. Because if we did, we could easily project that every female member of AHB shares Kimora's venom, bitterness, and bile. But we are too intelligent to make THAT assumption.

And furthermore, if you are not willing to name NAMES in your accusations, stand down. I'm definitely sick of this lawyerballin' crap where folks want to toss vague accusations, but lack the [i]cajones[/i] to back up their accusations with facts.
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:02 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lady L

Joined19 Feb 2003
Posts4569
LocationShenandoah Valley
Bank4294967295
Bones533.57 Bones

Post Reply with quote
((PM))

[quote="Marz"]These types of threads always creep up when someone has a disagreement with someone and they dont' care for the "TONE" that someone spoke to them in.[/quote]

I think that is the case...
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:21 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Lady L Send private message

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b][color=darkblue]PM told went off in two languages and it ain't even ten o'clock on a Tuesday, no less.[/color][/b]
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:48 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
Nana

Joined04 Oct 2004
Posts1574
LocationOhio
Bank0
Bones3009.56 Bones

Post Reply with quote
PV....I don't need anyone to hold my hand...I'm just get tired of having a rational discussion...then all of sudden I'm called chump, fool, B, MF... b/c I'm not going off the deep end over a subject that does not pertain to me nor my life. Also someone TONE doesn't bother me..the name calling does.

It's OHBrother who IMO is one of the most angry black men on this board, that I HAVE witness thus far - he argues with females...all he does is holler, pick at, whine then goes into you so dumb ghetto junk ...you so old ...you so this or that... if you are not as passionate about the subject as he is...then your values are questioned.... which is silly as it gets.

The post from last week about the lady feeling bad about not being invited to lunch with her friends...all he does is throw potshots at posters- IMO itching for a arguement with a female - since it was majority of women responding to the post. Laughing

Senator Baby Daddy. I respond to a post he made, the first thing out his mouth he calls me a chump..instead of just responding to what I wrote in a rational manner..so of course my old azz will let him know who the chump is and few other things since he wants to take a person there. Cool

Last edited by Nana on Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:11 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Nana Send private message
bella

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts25155
LocationSitting on the edge of insanity...
Bank0
Bones20518.48 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Nana"]PV....I don't need anyone to hold my hand...I'm just get tired of having a rational discussion...then all of sudden I'm called chump, fool, B, MF... b/c I'm not going off the deep end over a subject that does not pertain to me nor my life.

It's OHBrother who IMO is one of the most angry black men on this board, that I HAVE witness thus far - he argues with females...all he does is holler, pick at, whine then goes into you so dumb ghetto junk ...you so old ...you so this or that... if you are not as passionate about the subject as he is...then your values are questioned.... which is silly as it gets.

The post from last week about the lady feeling bad about not being invited to lunch with her friends...all he does is throw potshots at posters- IMO itching for a arguement with a female - since it was majority of women responding to the post. Laughing

Senator Baby Daddy. I respond to a post he made, the first thing out his mouth he calls me a chump..instead of just responding to what I wrote in a rational manner..so of course my old azz will let him know who the chump is and few other things since he wants to take a person there. Cool[/quote]

So why not just say this in the first place instead of all that Ring around the rosie nonsense in your first post? Rolling Eyes
Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:15 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bella Send private message Send e-mail
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Nana"]PV....I don't need anyone to hold my hand...I'm just get tired of having a rational discussion...then all of sudden I'm called chump, fool, B, MF... b/c I'm not going off the deep end over a subject that does not pertain to me nor my life.[/quote]

That's understandable.

[quote]It's OHBrother who IMO is one of the most angry black men on this board, that I HAVE witness thus far - he argues with females...all he does is holler, pick at, whine then goes into you so dumb ghetto junk ...you so old ...you so this or that... if you are not as passionate about the subject as he is...then your values are questioned.... which is silly as it gets. [/quote]

Then, in my opinion, this thread should not even exist. Your problem isn't with "most AO men", or even "SOME AO men." Your problem is with OHB and him alone. And I think it's just as silly to project the "all" or "some" label when you're actually beefing with one individual.

[quote]The post from last week about the lady feeling bad about not being invited to lunch with her friends...all he does is throw potshots at posters- IMO itching for a arguement with a female - since it was majority of women responding to the post. Laughing [/quote]

Further proof that your beef is with him and him alone. Why then, ask the question about even "SOME" AO men, when your issue is with one single solitary individual? We are all individuals... OHB doesn't speak for me, nor I for him... and no one speaks for a collective group around here.

[quote]Senator Baby Daddy. I respond to a post he made, the first thing out his mouth he calls me a chump..instead of just responding to what I wrote in a rational manner..so of course my old azz will let him know who the chump is and few other things since he wants to take a person there. Cool[/quote]

Since this thread IS here, I'd like to ask why you even ASKED...
[quote]Since I have been on this board.....seems like most the men ever do is HOLLAR, call Women out their name (which is sign of ABUSIVE behavior).and expect one just to sit there like boo boo the clown and take it... [/quote]
...and...
[quote]All I want to know are there ANY calm, rational intelligent brothers that just want to DISCUSS a subject without all the loud whiney cry me a river type fanfare and flaming, I have been subjected to by a few men on this board.[/quote]
...when all this time, your beef was with one particular person.
Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:23 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote

He calls all hoes bitches,lol..seriously, I thought this was about someone else.

Man or in our gender conscious society, "woman" fight fire with water Smile
Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
Nana

Joined04 Oct 2004
Posts1574
LocationOhio
Bank0
Bones3009.56 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b]without all the loud whiney cry me a river type fanfare and flaming, I have been subjected to by a few men on this board. [/b]

that part is still TRUE!.. Cool

oh so he calls all women H, B..... Rolling Eyes ...so he is a BITTER ANGRY Black man..
Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:54 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Nana Send private message
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Nana"][b]without all the loud whiney cry me a river type fanfare and flaming, I have been subjected to by a few men on this board. [/b]

that part is still TRUE!.. Cool [/quote]

A "few"?

Name them.

Besides OHB.
Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:04 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bunny

Joined03 Aug 2004
Posts1049
LocationGuess
Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Ok, most of yall get on my damn nerves , but I'm basically a lurker ..so I dont' recall being called out of my name.

I think Nana's being totally unfair to the brothas here.

I've seen some of them provoked and the name calling was mutual.

They do rag on the sistas...but the B word is not exclusive to them.
Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:12 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Bunny Send private message Yahoo Messenger
juju

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22914
LocationNeverland Valley Ranch
Bank4294967295
Bones30244.24 Bones

Post Reply with quote
can i get a bizy recap please? Mr. Green
Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:15 pm View user's profile Find all posts by juju Send private message
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
LocationDon't Worry About It
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
What I wanna know is why so many people who've joined AO within the last...oh, 12 - 18 months, cry & complain about how they're typed to so harshly Laughing when it didn't happen before? I don't recall anybody who joined around the same time I did doing this. There were the occasional cries of cliquishness, but this "why you treat me so bad?" refrain was not sung all the time.

I don't get it.
Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:16 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="juju"]can i get a bizy recap please? Mr. Green[/quote]

Long story short:

Nana is mad at OHB, and she is projecting those feelings towards some, or most (whichever) of the men on AO. Thus the title of this thread.
Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:18 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MzPhatBooty

Joined18 Apr 2003
Posts6279
LocationWorldwide
Bank0
Bones166.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
PM, I am CTFU at your "Location" Laughing
Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:30 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MzPhatBooty Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
hakimlukman

Joined17 Jul 2004
Posts3352
Bank0
Bones7371.68 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I have noticed that there are alot of people, of both genders as well as those of undetermined gender, who appear to normally be persons who are not assertive enough to get the desired respect in their domestic setting, and get online and turn into CYBER-SUPERSTARS. These say under the cloak of IP, what they would never say to someones face. No-one can actually do anything about it and these people use this situation to express rage they may have for their wimpish real life.
I try to respond without getting personal, unless there is no other way.
I do know many people live in enviroments where cussing Exclamation and namecalling Twisted Evil depicts strength, among their clan/peeps.
Its too easy to ignore, and one does not become something because someone calls one something. What they eat dont make any turds in your body. Dont take it personal, there is a sickness in many peoples hearts. Razz Not feeding into it can limit its potency.

Mad Cool
Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:33 pm View user's profile Find all posts by hakimlukman Send private message
juju

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22914
Bank4294967295
Bones30244.24 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="PervertedMonk"][quote="juju"]can i get a bizy recap please? Mr. Green[/quote]

Long story short:

Nana is mad at OHB, and she is projecting those feelings towards some, or most (whichever) of the men on AO. Thus the title of this thread.[/quote]
thanks PMonk. and what thread contains the source of this spat?
Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:34 pm View user's profile Find all posts by juju Send private message
Lady L

Joined19 Feb 2003
Posts4569
LocationShenandoah Valley
Bank4294967295
Bones533.57 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Laughing @ juju wanting a recap at page 3 of the thread. Laughing
Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:39 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Lady L Send private message
juju

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22914
Bank4294967295
Bones30244.24 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Laughing it's not nice to point out people's laziness lady. guess i'll go read. (dammit! Evil or Very Mad )
Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:42 pm View user's profile Find all posts by juju Send private message
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="juju"]thanks PMonk. and what thread contains the source of this spat?[/quote]

The "Senator Baby Daddy" thread, Jooj.
Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:43 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: