Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Rate a Sistaz chance...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Poll forum View previous topic
View next topic

Rate a Sistaz chance...

What chance do you think a non-permed Sista would have making NFL cheerleeder
Excellent
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Good
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
Fair
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Not Good
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Are you fuckin' kiddin' me?
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="SoulSistaWoo"]I would have to say that her chances are fair to good...

I am noticing more non-european names & locks in the NFL... And with that comes the ability to determain your own standard of beauty...[/quote]

But Woo those are Black [b]men[/b]. They can be named Shabadoo Yahoo and have a head full of naps or cornrows, but you know us Black women are held to a whole nuther standard Rolling Eyes
Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:07 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
bella

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts25155
LocationSitting on the edge of insanity...
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
I chose E.
She wouldn't have a chance, neither would a dark skinned woman or a woman with short hair like Halle.
Just like video hoes, they want 'em light skinned with long hair and pretty eyes.
Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:10 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bella Send private message Send e-mail
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MackDiva"]
but you know us Black women are held to a whole nuther standard Rolling Eyes[/quote]

by WHO??? y'all don't give a fuck what we think for the most part...sistas you do that mess to your damn selves and you only have YOU to blame...I would tell ya to go look in a mirror but you know you wouldn't like what you saw there ANYWAY...
Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:10 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="OHbrotha"][quote="MackDiva"]
but you know us Black women are held to a whole nuther standard Rolling Eyes[/quote]

by WHO??? y'all don't give a fuck what we think for the most part...sistas you do that mess to your damn selves and you only have YOU to blame...I would tell ya to go look in a mirror but you know you wouldn't like what you saw there ANYWAY...[/quote]

I'm cool with what I see in the mirror. I long ago got over what men think, but that's one of the benefits of getting older.

Anywho, OHB, I was talking about the media and those who make the decisions about which images of Black women are acceptable. It's not Black people deciding which Black women they'd like to see as NFL cheerleaders. The powers that be don't want any images of Black women that are too ethnic. We are held to a whole nuther standard. Can't be too dark or too nappy or too bootilicious or too whatever. We must be as close to the white standard of beauty as possible in order to have general acceptance. Black men don't have to attempt to look white.

But getting back to your comment, I do think a lot of Black women do try to conform themselves to what the majority of Black men will think is attractive, and most Black men still don't like Black women with nappy heads.
Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:18 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
Jocie
Site Admin

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts18689
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
I kinda disagree Mack, I think most men basically just want a woman to have her hair done neatly, whether its natural or permed.

A man can not stand for a woman's hair to be standing on the top of her head going in any direction, they just want a sister's head to be groomed neatly.

And I have seen some permed sistas as well as some natural sistas that just did'nt give a dam about their heads.

Being natural still means you have to wash and oil and style your hair, and not just get up and walk out the door with you hair looking dusty, matted and dandruff flying everywhere.

Same goes for the perm sista with the perm that has six months of new growth and thrown back into one ponytail with the sides sticking up. Or the multi color waves deal or what not, a man likes a woman that takes pride in her looks.
Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:26 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Jocie Send private message
FlyGemini

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts3342
LocationCurrently Floating.....
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MackDiva"][quote="SoulSistaWoo"]I would have to say that her chances are fair to good...

I am noticing more non-european names & locks in the NFL... And with that comes the ability to determain your own standard of beauty...[/quote]

But Woo those are Black [b]men[/b]. They can be named Shabadoo Yahoo and have a head full of naps or cornrows, but you know us Black women are held to a whole nuther standard Rolling Eyes[/quote]

CTFU!! You crazy... Laughing
Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:28 pm View user's profile Find all posts by FlyGemini Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="jwal"]I kinda disagree Mack, I think most men basically just want a woman to have her hair done neatly, whether its natural or permed.

A man can not stand for a woman's hair to be standing on the top of her head going in any direction, they just want a sister's head to be groomed neatly.

And I have seen some permed sistas as well as some natural sistas that just did'nt give a dam about their heads.

Being natural still means you have to wash and oil and style your hair, and not just get up and walk out the door with you hair looking dusty, matted and dandruff flying everywhere.

Same goes for the perm sista with the perm that has six months of new growth and thrown back into one ponytail with the sides sticking up. Or the multi color waves deal or what not, a man likes a woman that takes pride in her looks.[/quote]

Maybe things are changing, but I know from my personal experience that the number of brothers that step to me has decreased substantially since I started sporting naps. Shit, when I was fatter, I got more play than I did after I was nappy. I will say, though, now that my hair is longer, I am getting more play than I did when it was 3 inches long. Rolling Eyes And, lawdy, don't let me blow my hair out because then there are men everywhere. Maybe men just like long hair. Confused Shit, I'on know anymore. Arrow
Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
Jocie
Site Admin

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts18689
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
I never did understand what men's obsession with long hair was all about. Confused
Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:40 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Jocie Send private message
SoulSistaWoo

Joined24 Mar 2002
Posts1426
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MackDiva"][quote="SoulSistaWoo"]I would have to say that her chances are fair to good...

But Woo those are Black [b]men[/b]. They can be named Shabadoo Yahoo and have a head full of naps or cornrows, but you know us Black women are held to a whole nuther standard Rolling Eyes[/quote]
Yes that is true, but from my personal encounters of reactions to my locs... We are now becoming more aware of the value of our selves… so therefore our ideas and standards of what we see as beautiful are/have greatly changed...

When I can watch a football game and see two brothers in the majors with locks hanging from their helmets, I find this to be a major sign of the times....
Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:04 pm View user's profile Find all posts by SoulSistaWoo Send private message
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="SoulSistaWoo"][quote="MackDiva"][quote="SoulSistaWoo"]I would have to say that her chances are fair to good...

Yes that is true, but from my personal encounters of reactions to my locs... We are now becoming more aware of the value of our selves… so therefore our ideas and standards of what we see as beautiful are/have greatly changed...

When I can watch a football game and see two brothers in the majors with locks hanging from their helmets, I find this to be a major sign of the times....[/quote]

Woo, I will agree with you that times are changing when I see a sistah on the sidelines shaking her Nubian ass along with her Nubian locs Laughing
Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:07 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
SoulSistaWoo

Joined24 Mar 2002
Posts1426
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b]MackDiva says...

but you know us Black women are held to a whole nuther standard [/b]

MackD... I had to come back and say that the above statement is more true than US black women want to admit...

Now although many of us are changing our views... Brothers have a ways to go on the idea of the nature hair choice of the black woman... on a US tip.
Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:08 pm View user's profile Find all posts by SoulSistaWoo Send private message
DYM0LISHN

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts8744
LocationAO's Calvary
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="SoulSistaWoo"]I would have to say that her chances are fair to good...

Truth be told...the Non-European names and locks are found in Jerseys and under helmets ON THE playin' field...

I said this before but when a lot of brothaz becoming millionaires in the few avenues available to them (sports, music) they use the opportunity to really express their black selves (nappy heads...braids...locks...cornrolls...etc)

Sistaz in a similar position, on the other hand (use the opportunity to emulate white bitches even more (get rail thin..."best" perm money can buy...etc..)

Look at Oprah, (Ex) Queen Latifah and now even the William sisters....a damn shame....
Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:49 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DYM0LISHN Send private message
DYM0LISHN

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts8744
LocationAO's Calvary
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
This gem might've come in the 11th hour of the 12th month...but this sh@t has me LOL so that I HAVE to nominate it for for one liner of the year

[quote]But Woo those are Black men. They can be named Shabadoo Yahoo and have a head full of naps or cornrows, but you know us Black women are held to a whole nuther standard [/quote]
Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:09 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DYM0LISHN Send private message
NTRUDA

Joined24 Jun 2002
Posts1005
LocationINTERNATIONALLY, NATIONALLY AND LOCALLY HATED ON...
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b][color=blue]THIS IS A DUMB AZZ POST...JUST LIKE THE DUMB AZZ THAT POSTED IT... Twisted Evil [/color][/b]
Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:38 pm View user's profile Find all posts by NTRUDA Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DYM0LISHN

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts8744
LocationAO's Calvary
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="NTRUDA"][b][color=blue]THIS IS A DUMB AZZ POST...JUST LIKE THE DUMB AZZ THAT POSTED IT... Twisted Evil [/color][/b][/quote]
Get off my nutz B@tch...and go milk your cow...
Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:53 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DYM0LISHN Send private message
DYM0LISHN

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts8744
LocationAO's Calvary
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
Speaking of "your cow" there's a "Lotion Anyone" thread she might wanna check out if you know what I mean...
Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:55 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DYM0LISHN Send private message
not4uplayer

Joined18 Jan 2002
Posts8112
LocationTexas
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="amethyst"]I'on know about the hurh part...but what about a sista with some meat on her ol bones. Confused[/quote]

Thank you Amey that's what I for one would like to see.

I voted good because I think a sister with braids or short CUTE locks (not looking like Buckwheat I might add) could make it.
Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:13 pm View user's profile Find all posts by not4uplayer Send private message
DYM0LISHN

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts8744
LocationAO's Calvary
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b]Due to the simple fact that I had nothing better to do than prove that I'm fucking right[/b] and also that I possess a better grip on reality that most of ya'll I went to each and every NFL team's website to document my suspicions regarding the preponderance of permed Sistaz cheerleading in the league and (to the the best of my ability) here are the findings:

(Drum roll, please)

[b]AFC[/b]
Bengals - 4 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Broncos - 1 Sista (relaxed)
Bills - 1 Sista (relaxed)
Browns - (not found)
Chargers - 4 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Colts - 6 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Dolphins - 5 Sisters Sistaz (all relaxed)
Jaguars 3 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Jets - (not found)
Patriots - 1 Sista (relaxed)
Raiders - 8 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Ravens - 9 Sistaz (all relaxed including my Niece pictured here)

Steelers - (not found)
Texans - 5 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Titans - 13 Sistaz (all relaxed...not to mention 2 brothaz (not relaxed)

[b]NFC[/b]
49ers - 3 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Bears (not found)
Buccaneers - 4 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Cardinals - 3 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Cowboys - 4 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Eagles - 7 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Falcons - 10 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Giants (not found)
Lions (not found)
Packers (not found)
Panthers - 8 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Rams - 4 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Redksins - 7 Sistaz (all relaxed)
Saints (not found)
Seahawks - 2 Sistaz (both relaxed)
Vikings -1 Sistaz (relaxed)

Last edited by DYM0LISHN on Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:46 am; edited 10 times in total
Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:06 am View user's profile Find all posts by DYM0LISHN Send private message
Eonduhstan

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts7598
LocationMeditating
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
I said "not good". If she has long locs that can swing in the wind she got a chance....maybe. But other than that, a natural sista can forget about it. Confused
Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:10 am View user's profile Find all posts by Eonduhstan Send private message
Eonduhstan

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts7598
LocationMeditating
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DYM0LISHN"][size=18]Wannabee "Charlie's Angels"....[/size]

[size=18]Fa' real...fa' real "[b]Uncle [/b]Charlie's Devil-Creamers"[/size][/quote]

Ok that was funny Laughing Laughing
Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:12 am View user's profile Find all posts by Eonduhstan Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Poll forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: