Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Rate a Sistaz chance...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Poll forum View previous topic
View next topic

Rate a Sistaz chance...

What chance do you think a non-permed Sista would have making NFL cheerleeder
Excellent
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Good
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
Fair
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Not Good
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Are you fuckin' kiddin' me?
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

DYM0LISHN

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts8744
LocationAO's Calvary
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
Not only did I not find one hairstyle that remotely resembled braids, locs, an Afro, short-natural, Nicole Carson Wild Style, etc...

Almost EVERY SINGLE one of the Sistaz had LONG BONE STRAIGHT SHIT..

SOME OF YA'LL MUTHAPHUCHAZ NEED TO WAKE UP AN STOP LYIN' TO YOURSELVES!!! Evil or Very Mad
Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:13 am View user's profile Find all posts by DYM0LISHN Send private message
Eonduhstan

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts7598
LocationMeditating
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DYM0LISHN"]

SOME OF YA'LL MUTHAPHUCHAZ NEED TO WAKE UP AN STOP LYIN' TO YOURSELVES!!! Evil or Very Mad[/quote]

What cha mean Dymo?
Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:15 am View user's profile Find all posts by Eonduhstan Send private message
DYM0LISHN

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts8744
LocationAO's Calvary
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Eonduhstan"][quote="DYM0LISHN"]

SOME OF YA'LL MUTHAPHUCHAZ NEED TO WAKE UP AN STOP LYIN' TO YOURSELVES!!! Evil or Very Mad[/quote]

What cha mean Dymo?[/quote]
Go to page prior, Eon and read my last post...
Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:17 am View user's profile Find all posts by DYM0LISHN Send private message
Eonduhstan

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts7598
LocationMeditating
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DYM0LISHN"][quote="Eonduhstan"][quote="DYM0LISHN"]

What cha mean Dymo?[/quote]
Go to page prior, Eon and read my last post...[/quote]

Well I just read your post. I will give it to you Dymo you do research the dickens out your info. I am a bit shocked that not ONE natural sista is to be found in the ra ra halls of fame. Quite sad. Sad
Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:29 am View user's profile Find all posts by Eonduhstan Send private message
act up

Joined01 Mar 2002
Posts6440
LocationNSP headquaters
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="OHbrotha"]better than a darkskinned one making the squad[/quote]

uh dude there is a darkskinned girl in the picture
Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:32 am View user's profile Find all posts by act up Send private message
DYM0LISHN

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts8744
LocationAO's Calvary
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="act up"][quote="OHbrotha"]better than a darkskinned one making the squad[/quote]

uh dude there is a darkskinned girl in the picture[/quote]
I'm glad you ain't talkin' to me 'cause that never was my allegation...
Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:34 am View user's profile Find all posts by DYM0LISHN Send private message
MisticBlue

Joined28 Aug 2002
Posts83
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote]I said this before but when a lot of brothaz becoming millionaires in the few avenues available to them (sports, music) they use the opportunity to really express their black selves (nappy heads...braids...locks...cornrolls...etc) [/quote]

Rolling Eyes

What's the sense of being nappy and married to Becky? Smile

BTW, I voted NO FUCKING WAY!
Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:42 am View user's profile Find all posts by MisticBlue Send private message
DYM0LISHN

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts8744
LocationAO's Calvary
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MisticBlue"][quote]I said this before but when a lot of brothaz becoming millionaires in the few avenues available to them (sports, music) they use the opportunity to really express their black selves (nappy heads...braids...locks...cornrolls...etc) [/quote]

Rolling Eyes

What's the sense of being nappy and married to Becky? Smile

BTW, I voted NO FUCKING WAY![/quote]
Can't answer that one for ya' but I can take a guess: The way I see it, I figure that for the Brothaz to whom that sh@t applies have reasoned that since most of the black women they see are just some [b]piss-poor [/b]imitations of [b]Becky [/b]they might as well go and get themselves the real thing...

Their financial status guarantees success if this happens to be the case....
Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:52 am View user's profile Find all posts by DYM0LISHN Send private message
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="act up"][quote="OHbrotha"]better than a darkskinned one making the squad[/quote]

you know what kind of darkskin im talking about and none of those sistas fit that bill...shit, stop acting brand new...
Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:44 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
act up

Joined01 Mar 2002
Posts6440
LocationNSP headquaters
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="OHbrotha"][quote="act up"][quote="OHbrotha"]better than a darkskinned one making the squad[/quote]

you know what kind of darkskin im talking about and none of those sistas fit that bill...shit, stop acting brand new...[/quote]

<----------------------------------------goin back to acting old cheap and used.
Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:56 pm View user's profile Find all posts by act up Send private message
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MackDiva"][quote="OHbrotha"][quote="MackDiva"]
but you know us Black women are held to a whole nuther standard Rolling Eyes[/quote]

by WHO??? y'all don't give a fuck what we think for the most part...sistas you do that mess to your damn selves and you only have YOU to blame...I would tell ya to go look in a mirror but you know you wouldn't like what you saw there ANYWAY...[/quote]

I'm cool with what I see in the mirror. I long ago got over what men think, but that's one of the benefits of getting older.

Anywho, OHB, I was talking about the media and those who make the decisions about which images of Black women are acceptable. It's not Black people deciding which Black women they'd like to see as NFL cheerleaders. The powers that be don't want any images of Black women that are too ethnic. We are held to a whole nuther standard. Can't be too dark or too nappy or too bootilicious or too whatever. We must be as close to the white standard of beauty as possible in order to have general acceptance. Black men don't have to attempt to look white.[/quote]

my point is, why do we even care what THEY think if the brothas got love for you here? I think we all spend too much time worried about what THEY are thinking about and less time trying to hear what WE have to say...

[quote]
But getting back to your comment, I do think a lot of Black women do try to conform themselves to what the majority of Black men will think is attractive, and most Black men still don't like Black women with nappy heads.[/quote]

don't know what brothas you dealing with, sounds like the battle cry of the young and stupid brotha IMO, but if the sista got a nice body or SOMETHING on her that catches the brotha attention, then her head can be on FIRE and the brotha will put on some oven mitts and keep on keeping on with ol' girl...
Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:27 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="act up"][quote="OHbrotha"][quote="act up"][quote="OHbrotha"]better than a darkskinned one making the squad[/quote]

you know what kind of darkskin im talking about and none of those sistas fit that bill...shit, stop acting brand new...[/quote]

<----------------------------------------goin back to acting old cheap and used.[/quote]

Laughing
Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:28 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
Ghost

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts2499
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
There used to be a "unpermed" Raiderette.

And I wonder how many "natural" sistas are trying out for these squads. I watched a special on some cheerleading crew, and not one natural sista tried out. If they don't try out, I'd have to say the chances of getting on are next to none.

[url=http://raiders.com/raiderettes/raiderettesBio.jsp?id=570]Raiderette without bone straight hair[/url]
Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:12 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Ghost Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jewellthf

Joined18 Jan 2002
Posts8834
Locationin my skin...
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="OHbrotha"]
don't know what brothas you dealing with, sounds like the battle cry of the young and stupid brotha IMO, but if the sista got a nice body or SOMETHING on her that catches the brotha attention, then her head can be on FIRE and the brotha will put on some oven mitts and keep on keeping on with ol' girl...[/quote]

[size=18][b]BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/b][/size]
Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:18 pm View user's profile Find all posts by jewellthf Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="OHbrotha"][quote="MackDiva"][quote="OHbrotha"][quote="MackDiva"]
but you know us Black women are held to a whole nuther standard Rolling Eyes[/quote]

by WHO??? y'all don't give a fuck what we think for the most part...sistas you do that mess to your damn selves and you only have YOU to blame...I would tell ya to go look in a mirror but you know you wouldn't like what you saw there ANYWAY...[/quote]

I'm cool with what I see in the mirror. I long ago got over what men think, but that's one of the benefits of getting older.

Anywho, OHB, I was talking about the media and those who make the decisions about which images of Black women are acceptable. It's not Black people deciding which Black women they'd like to see as NFL cheerleaders. The powers that be don't want any images of Black women that are too ethnic. We are held to a whole nuther standard. Can't be too dark or too nappy or too bootilicious or too whatever. We must be as close to the white standard of beauty as possible in order to have general acceptance. Black men don't have to attempt to look white.[/quote]

my point is, why do we even care what THEY think if the brothas got love for you here? I think we all spend too much time worried about what THEY are thinking about and less time trying to hear what WE have to say...

[color=blue][b]If we want to participate in things such as NFL cheerleading where there is a certain standard of beauty required, unfortunately what they think has to be considered. When interacting with each other, we shouldn't have to worry about such things.[/b][/color]

[quote]
But getting back to your comment, I do think a lot of Black women do try to conform themselves to what the majority of Black men will think is attractive, and most Black men still don't like Black women with nappy heads.[/quote]

don't know what brothas you dealing with, sounds like the battle cry of the young and stupid brotha IMO, but if the sista got a nice body or SOMETHING on her that catches the brotha attention, then her head can be on FIRE and the brotha will put on some oven mitts and keep on keeping on with ol' girl...[/quote]

[color=blue][b]It's not about the brothers I'm dealing with, it's about the actions of the majority of black men. OHB, your way of thinking is not the norm. Hopefully, things are changing. Confused [/b][/color]
Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:33 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MackDiva"][color=blue][b]If we want to participate in things such as NFL cheerleading where there is a certain standard of beauty required, unfortunately what they think has to be considered. When interacting with each other, we shouldn't have to worry about such things.[/b][/color]

[/quote]

so one should change who they are to fit what someone else sees as beautiful? If we say something like this to our children, we are rightfully called mentally abusive, why is it any different because it is being said to an adult? Why would you want to be associated with an organization who didn't accept you as you were? They would need me long before I needed them, that's for damn sure...I say FUCK THEM. Life is too short for that bullshit thinking....I wish a motherfucka would say something like that to one of my kids...

[quote]
[color=blue][b]It's not about the brothers I'm dealing with, it's about the actions of the majority of black men. OHB, your way of thinking is not the norm. Hopefully, things are changing. Confused [/b][/color][/quote]

the majority or the majority of the ones that most sistas think matter? There are MANY brothas out there who would be more than accepting of many sistas but if they ain't looking a certain way or getting paid, providing stability in the way that a sista sees fit or any other thing that takes away from him being idea, then he is more invisible than the brotha that Ralph Ellison wrote about...
Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:51 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
I agree with you on both of those points, OHB
Tue Dec 03, 2002 4:24 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
SoulSistaWoo

Joined24 Mar 2002
Posts1426
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
Dymo those statistics give the impression that the Brothas in the NFL have the ability to choose the cheerleading squad...

Caucasian females who have an established standard of beauty which very closely if not “exactly” resemble themselves are the judges with the final say most likely.

So therefore I approached the poll as though it were a hypothetical question... And looking at things from the hypothetical perspective... I would vote the same way, fair to good... Which is truly sad, when we think that black males would still more than likely choose the permed head black woman, the dame near, I can't tell from her appearance if she is black or white AA... or the pure uncut Caucasian female...
Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by SoulSistaWoo Send private message
act up

Joined01 Mar 2002
Posts6440
LocationNSP headquaters
Bank4294967295
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
edit
Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by act up Send private message
DYM0LISHN

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts8744
LocationAO's Calvary
Bank0
Bones Bones

Post Reply with quote
Woo...check this out also..

A lot of those NFL sites give the "credentials" of the squad on their site by their pics...

Guess what trend I peeped...A glaringly higher percentage of the sprinkling of Sistaz who do make the cut have post-secondary degrees and are successfully employed...

Take for instance the Rams cheerleading Squad...4 Sisters...3 with BS' one with a BA...One Director...one Senior Accountant...One Financial Representative...and One Social worker

Most of them Blond Becky's "resume" read sum'in like this...

"Full-time Student"
"Student at So-and-So"
"So-and-so Major"
A lot didn't have jobs...
some didn't have degrees and apparently any post-secondary education

Whatcha think 'bout that?
Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:51 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DYM0LISHN Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Poll forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: