Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Help this big boy step his game up in 2004....no doubt....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul View previous topic
View next topic

Help this big boy step his game up in 2004....no doubt....
Most Hated

Joined10 Feb 2003
Posts34
LocationTha Southside....
Bank0
Bones72.36 Bones

Post Help this big boy step his game up in 2004....no doubt.... Reply with quote
I been with this girl for a minute and all of that there. We talk on some occasions. Like she will call me when Im off work and shit like that. But I met this chick from Grambling back in 2001. But just not talking about 3 weeks now. And already dating for a sec. Just tryin to play "Slickness" game right now. She is one of them shy chicks. But she is fine as heck, on the real. And hears tha story of last night.

Me and her was gonna do something on New Years day, but then again my bro's car I was using was fucking up bad for a sec. Ruined my plans on dat day. After got the car started for almost about an hour or so. We went back to my crib. And I was tryin to fix my bro car and she was pissed off on the car was fucked up and on top of that ruined the night. But she was pissed for a minute. But a nigga like me tryed to talk but she was pissed for a good minute and I stayed quiet. But other that that I havent talk to her since that day. But other than that im might go out tommorrow cause another chick from West Monroe is throwing a party at Tropical Lounge in Monroe (SOuthside) and I might go to it. Either that, or save up some money for liquor for the L.S.U./ Oaklahoma game this Sunday... I just wanted to know what I do when I talk to her again. On the real doe....

But other than that....

-Been dating almost a month....

-Sweet and shy girl...

-Playing my card right....not giving out all...makin a mystery....
Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:11 am View user's profile Find all posts by Most Hated Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
delta84

Joined21 Nov 2002
Posts29053
Locationhigh school hell
Bank4294967295
Bones29798.51 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Why don't you try calling her and apologizing for the plans you two made that were ruined first, then go from there? If she accepts your apology and appears to want to continue dating you, then keep going...if not, move on without any drama. JMO
Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:42 pm View user's profile Find all posts by delta84 Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dreadlocks

Joined12 Nov 2002
Posts2350
LocationThe Cream In Between - Queens
Bank0
Bones5621.68 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Fuck her. Instead of enjoying your company (regardless of the situation) she caught an attitude. You didnít do anything except try to turn a bad situation into a good one. If anything she should be the one calling you. Donít sweat women like that....that kind would drive u crazy and leave you feeling sorry.

Unless she calls, move on... Being WITH YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH, it wasnít so why bother?

Donít let good looks get in the way of making a good choice.
Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:29 pm View user's profile Find all posts by dreadlocks Send private message Visit poster's website
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
LocationIn the wilderness, being a Prophet of Rage
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I'm with dreadlocks.

It's not like YOU faked her out or anything... she got mad over something you had no control over. SHE should be the one apologizing for catching an attitude with YOU.

Oh... and this is a lesson that I learned... if you're pissed, don't stay quiet. Let her know what's on YOUR mind, too. Otherwise, that crap will eat you up on the inside. Don't let her fineness put you on "mute." If she had been more understanding (especially since y'all "been dating for a minute"), she could've helped to make a bad situation turn positive.

Also... congrats on the hook-up. Just be yourself, and take things one day at a time. I can't tell you how to "step your game up", but I can tell you that if you and her both act like adults (and, in my opinion, put the "games" stuff on the shelf), y'all can have some good times together.
Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:01 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Retta72

Joined02 Mar 2002
Posts4678
LocationTexASS
Bank4294967295
Bones1959.06 Bones

Post Reply with quote
She is obviously an impatient and selfish young lady. Please overlook her good looks and shyness for a minute to dwell on the bigger picture here. If you get with her in a real relationship, you'll have to deal with her petty attitude that consists of impatience. That alone is a red flag by the fact that she caught a tude with you due to a situation that was out of your control, it's not like you purposely had car trouble. She may be pretty, but a negative attitude speaks volumes of a person and shows that the person is truly UGLY!

I feel like dreadlocks, if she really was into you she should have enjoyed your time and not have over-reacted about the car problems that were present. How old is this broad? Only an immature teen would get pissy mad over car troubles, something you couldn't help at that spur of the moment even though you tried to correct the problem.

Do yourself a big favor, move on. It is a must you pay attention to the signs before it's too late. Do not get in too deep with this impatient and immature girl because it will end up being hard for you to leave her grasp if you start to really like her and then her petty ways will end up being something you'll have to adapt to which no one should have to adjust to petty activity. You are a grown ass man, so make a grown ass decision and kick that skeezer to the curb where she belongs. I bet the next man won't put up with her impatient and immature ass so nor should you! Rolling Eyes
Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:44 am View user's profile Find all posts by Retta72 Send private message Send e-mail
delta84

Joined21 Nov 2002
Posts29053
Locationhigh school hell
Bank4294967295
Bones29798.51 Bones

Post Reply with quote
How can y'all say that he didn't do anything wrong? How many times have you gone on a [b][i]date[/i][/b] where you sat and watched someone fix a dayum car? If the ride wasn't working totally, then just either hit the bus, or use her car...but I want to know how many of you would "be happy" just being with a person after you've gotten all dressed and ready to go somewhere, and your date is for you to be sitting in a dayum hot azz garage watching someone fix a dayum car? Rolling Eyes Puh-leese...you would be pissed too. Rolling Eyes

Now I'm not saying beg her to be with you, but if you want to be with the girl just talk about the incident. And if you've got someone else, then why you sweating the other one anyway? Now had you told her that you were going to be fixing on the car and she came along anyway, then yeah, I agree she's acting rather selfishly and immature...but if you picked her up, and then brought her back to the crib and started working on the car without her knowing that was your intent, then yeah, she was well within her right to be angry and pissed.
Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:02 am View user's profile Find all posts by delta84 Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sparkle

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts7705
LocationIlladel
Bank4294967295
Bones1003.90 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Yeah but shyt happens, ya know? It's not like he [b]knew[/b] the car was gonna act a fool. I know she was probably disappointed because the night didn't go as planned but shoot, Im sure HIS night was ruined too and more than likely he too was pissed. He probably got dressed up and had the same expectations for the night just like she did. I think she should have been a little more considerate of his feelings [b]and[/b] the situation. I would assume that the only reason he was trying to get the car fixed during their date was because he had to take her azz back home when everything was over. She didn't even appreciate that. Sometimes a man gotta do what a man's got to do. It was his responsibility to get her back to where ever he picked her up from.

Now it would have been wrong if he had said she gets home the best way she can, got himself a little and called it a night. Shyt, he was already home, he was straight. Laughing
Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:34 am View user's profile Find all posts by Sparkle Send private message Visit poster's website
delta84

Joined21 Nov 2002
Posts29053
Locationhigh school hell
Bank4294967295
Bones29798.51 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I understand that Sparkle...but be fair...would you have been appreciative about the date had it happened to you? I'm not talking about being glad he was trying to fix the car so you can get home...I'm talking about expecting to go out on a date, period, only to end up watching someone fix a car. Yeah he would have been wrong for hitting it and sending it home, but from what he wrote, the car wasn't in shape to pick anybody up from the jump, therefore, alternative means of transportation should have been used instead. And again, if she knew he was going to spend the entire night fixing the car and went along anyway, then yeah she was wrong for acting like a spoiled brat. But if it happened any other way, except a break down after he picked her up, then she was well within her right to be upset.
Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:47 pm View user's profile Find all posts by delta84 Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sparkle

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts7705
LocationIlladel
Bank4294967295
Bones1003.90 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I feel what you're saying Delta...Im not gonna deny that I wouldn't have been disappointed, but pissed....naw...How could I be? See, Im different. If I was with who I choose to be with for that nigh,t we'd have to go through whatever happened that night "together"...be it good or bad.

I do question one thing about this though...

[quote]Me and her was gonna do something on New Years day, but then again my bro's car I was using was fucking up bad for a sec. Ruined my plans on dat day. After got the car started for almost about an hour or so. We went back to my crib.[/quote]

Was the car acting up [b]before [/b]he went to get her, or did it mess up when he got there to pick her up?

If it was acting up before he picked her up then I agree, he could have avoided all this by just arranging some other type of transportation. But if the first time it broke down was when he got to her, then that was completely out of his control. While she was sitting there giving him the silent treatment, she [b]should have been[/b] asking him questions like that. And shyt, if she was pissed she should have just said something about it, get it out her system and move on. She had to have been relying on [b]him[/b] to get her back home or she would have called herself a cab and bounced. If she was THAT pissed why didn't she just leave? If the night was young at the time, she still could have went out and had fun. Laughing
Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:59 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Sparkle Send private message Visit poster's website
delta84

Joined21 Nov 2002
Posts29053
Locationhigh school hell
Bank4294967295
Bones29798.51 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I agree Sparkles...we on the same page sorta Laughing Or at least in the same chapter! Laughing

We need more in depth details! Laughing
Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:49 pm View user's profile Find all posts by delta84 Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Retta72

Joined02 Mar 2002
Posts4678
LocationTexASS
Bank4294967295
Bones1959.06 Bones

Post Reply with quote
delta, I think you are missing the point. If that were me and he was someone I was really feeling then it wouldn't even have mattered if he came to get me in a broke down ride and I had to stay with him until it was back to driving status. Little things like that bring people closer together and cause relationships to form. Surely no one is going to have perfect situations, sometimes things like that happen for a reason and it serves as a test to see what type of person you're dealing with. Most Hated should look at this as a learning experience as to who to invest his time with and who not to invest his time with.

Now about the 'bus or her car' bull, come on delta, what brother is going to want to take his date on a bus ride or ask to use her car???????? Now that would have really made the broad mad and that is grounds to get slapped. You know damn well if a brother came at you like that you'd be on this messageboard clowning him. Rolling Eyes Even if a person is feeling you, you don't take them on no damn bus ride or ask to use their car. And it goes the other way, if I was feeling a brother, but he asked to use my car I'd see him as a freeloader instead of boyfriend material. Also, I don't care how much I would have been feeling the brother, he better not have said we was going to have to spend our date on a bus ride. Rolling Eyes Of course, I wouldn't have fronted on him, I just wouldn't have went on another date with him. Now if he was having car problems that's different because he didn't know he was going to have car problems, but if we were on a bus the fool would have known he wasn't going to have a car to drive on a date. TWO DIFFERENT SCENARIOS HERE!
Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:20 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Retta72 Send private message Send e-mail
delta84

Joined21 Nov 2002
Posts29053
Locationhigh school hell
Bank4294967295
Bones29798.51 Bones

Post Reply with quote
But Retta...if the argument is "enjoy his company regardless" then the bus would have been sufficient right? The point I'm making is, if the transpo was so unreliable, then all of that should have been cleard from jump...and not forcing someone to "enjoy" sitting there watching you fix a car. She probably was willing to get to his house and chill some, but spend the [b]entire [/b]evening watching him fix the car? C'mon now...that ain't even something to discuss. And yeah if I'm "feeling" him then using my car wouldn't have made that big of a deal. I've dated guys without transpo before and we went everywhere in my car...true I was in my early 20's at the time, but I was feeling him. Laughing But you're acting like the girl should have been grateful that he even asked her out...when he should have been considerate enough to say "the car is cutting up....do you still want to try and get together?..blah...blah" but at least she would have had a choice in the matter.
Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by delta84 Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Retta72

Joined02 Mar 2002
Posts4678
LocationTexASS
Bank4294967295
Bones1959.06 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Maybe he was fixing on the car the whole time because he wanted to take her out somewhere before he was actually to try and get some because that would have been a mess(like Sparkle said) if he would have gotten some without the possible fact of being able to take her out to be wined and dined first. And then double worst if he would have told her to get home some kind of way after the fact of possibly getting some. He probably thought he could fix the car in time to make it to the New Year's Eve events and then bring her back to the crib for action. He might just be the type of guy that once he starts something he don't stop until he's finish so in this particular case the car was his main agenda that he felt he had to tend to.

How do you know Most Hated wasn't making conversation with the broad and she just was having a pissy fit when they could have been having some great dialogue???????

I'm not taking sides, I'm just trying to make sense out of all of this.

Most Hated, you need to get back in here and clear this up! Was the car a brokedown mess before or after you picked the girl up? Were your intentions to get this girl down town somewhere so she could shake her tailfeather on your frontal limb and that's the reason you focused on the car? Were you having or trying to have deep convo with miss thang whilst you fooled with the car? Were you completely iggin' miss thang whilst you fooled with the car? If so, why? If so, that's why she tripped on you and that's why you need to apologize to her. If all that has been brought to the table by us in your case scenario is not even close to what happened, do chime in at any time now to share the highlights of what happened that God forbidden night. Laughing
Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:03 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Retta72 Send private message Send e-mail
Sparkle

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts7705
LocationIlladel
Bank4294967295
Bones1003.90 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, we need more details. Laughing
Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:11 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Sparkle Send private message Visit poster's website
delta84

Joined21 Nov 2002
Posts29053
Locationhigh school hell
Bank4294967295
Bones29798.51 Bones

Post Reply with quote
That's what I said earlier! Laughing
Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:02 am View user's profile Find all posts by delta84 Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sparkle

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts7705
LocationIlladel
Bank4294967295
Bones1003.90 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Yeah I know, Im agree-ing. Laughing We can't go on this information alone....to many holes. We need more 411 on this. Laughing
Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:15 am View user's profile Find all posts by Sparkle Send private message Visit poster's website
delta84

Joined21 Nov 2002
Posts29053
Locationhigh school hell
Bank4294967295
Bones29798.51 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Yep...where is he anyway? Laughing I thought he was looking for advice? Laughing Still working on the car I guess! Twisted Evil Laughing
Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:26 am View user's profile Find all posts by delta84 Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sparkle

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts7705
LocationIlladel
Bank4294967295
Bones1003.90 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Laughing You ain't right! Laughing
Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:30 am View user's profile Find all posts by Sparkle Send private message Visit poster's website
delta84

Joined21 Nov 2002
Posts29053
Locationhigh school hell
Bank4294967295
Bones29798.51 Bones

Post Reply with quote
What? Twisted Evil Laughing
Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:35 am View user's profile Find all posts by delta84 Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Retta72

Joined02 Mar 2002
Posts4678
LocationTexASS
Bank4294967295
Bones1959.06 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Damn, no wonder the girl snapped, this mug don't know when to stop do he?????? Very Happy

For seriously real, where are you Most Hated because delta and sparkle are right, your story leaves to many open spaces that is why we're in here having a damn debate on an advice thread. Laughing
Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:46 am View user's profile Find all posts by Retta72 Send private message Send e-mail

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: