Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
WTF is wrong with people???

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner View previous topic
View next topic

WTF is wrong with people???
Rantdiva

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts4608
LocationWhere Black Folk Are Scarce
Bank4294967295
Bones5086.10 Bones

Post WTF is wrong with people??? Reply with quote
I cried when I read this today. How can people be so cruel?

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1090918889215680.xml

Kenner man admits leaving son, 9
Child was punched, forced out of car
Tuesday, July 27, 2004
By Paul Purpura
West Bank bureau
A Kenner man pleaded guilty Monday to abandoning his 8-year-old son in Metairie last year by forcing the youngster out of his car and hitting him as the boy pleaded, "Daddy, wait, I love you," a Jefferson Parish prosecutor said.

Paul Crawford, who turned 41 on Monday, could face a maximum of 50 ˝ years in prison for leaving his son, Stephen, now 9, on Sept. 23, in the 4900 block of Purdue Street, and for several narcotics charges. Crawford's girlfriend, Samantha McCarthy, 23, of New Orleans, who was with Crawford when the boy was abandoned, pleaded guilty to narcotics charges. Charges of cruelty to a juvenile were dropped against her.

Chief Judge Melvin Zeno of the 24th Judicial District said he will sentence Crawford and McCarthy on Sept. 29.
[b]
Born on Christmas Eve 1994, Stephen did not know his birthday, had never been to school, and could not read or write. He had not eaten in two days when his father abandoned him. He is in the care of relatives and is in the fourth grade, prosecutor Tommy Block said after Monday's court hearing.

"His father bragged for years that this little boy wouldn't go to school, that he would never send the boy to school," Block said. In the 10 months since being away from his father, Stephen has learned to count to 100 and spell his name, Block said. [/b]

Archie Creech, Crawford's attorney, told Zeno on Monday that Crawford cannot read. His trial was scheduled to begin today.

[b]Authorities have been unable to locate Stephen's mother, who is Crawford's stepdaughter. Court records show Crawford was married and living in Tennessee when he impregnated his wife's daughter. Her age at the time was not known. [/b]

[b]Last year, days before Stephen was abandoned, Crawford and McCarthy "talked about dumping him in the street," according to a police affidavit. The couple drove Stephen to Metairie, where Crawford punched his son in the face, causing a nose bleed, forcing him out of the car. The couple then left him in the dark, Block and prosecutor Doug Freese said.

"He ran after the car saying, 'Daddy, wait, I love you,' " Block said, adding that Crawford left his son "because he was becoming a problem. He was cramping a lifestyle." [/b]

'Saddest case ever'

"This is the saddest case I've ever dealt with," said Block, who described the boy as bright and inquisitive.

After Crawford's arrest, Stephen was placed in the custody of a relative on the West Bank. Between January and March, Crawford urged relatives to get Stephen to recant his story and say that a detective or someone else told him to say it, prosecutors' allege in court records.

Under questioning by Zeno about the charges, Crawford soft-peddled his crime, telling the judge that he "slapped my son in the face," and "I dropped him off a block away" from a couple's home in the 5400 block of Purdue Street. Authorities said the couple, who have not been identified, had helped Crawford financially and had taken in Crawford's pregnant wife, Tiffany, when Crawford kicked her out of their house.

The couple did not know Crawford planned to leave his son with them, Block said.

Crawford "had no intention of going back and picking him up," Block told Zeno.

Untreated infection

[b]After being abandoned, Stephen began knocking on residents' doors, prompting a response by a security guard patrolling the neighborhood, Block said. The guard told investigators that Stephen asked him, " 'Why doesn't my daddy love me?' " Block said. [/b]

Authorities determined that the boy had infected mosquito bites, Block said.

Crawford admitted to Zeno that he did not seek medical treatment for Stephen's infections, for which police said the boy spent three days at Children's Hospital.

Meanwhile, McCarthy, who was charged with cruelty to a juvenile, pleaded guilty to narcotics charges and could be sentenced to a maximum of 45 years in prison if the terms are consecutive, or a maximum of 10 years if the terms are concurrent. She refused to plead guilty to two counts of cruelty to a juvenile, which the district attorney's office dropped so Stephen would not have to testify at her trial, Block said.

Zeno ordered Crawford and McCarthy held without bond in the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center in Gretna, where they has been since their arrests in late September. Though they sat a row and three seats apart in Zeno's courtroom's jury box, Crawford and McCarthy never acknowledged each other. Crawford showed no emotion and often rocked in his seat. McCarthy appeared distressed when discussing her plea with her attorney, John Thomas.

Crawford pleaded guilty to two counts of cruelty to a juvenile, one count of distributing hydrocodone, one count of possession with the intent to distribute hydrocodone and two counts of prescription fraud. He told Zeno he got prescription drugs from a doctor and distributed them "to different people." Crawford also pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor improper supervision of a minor.

McCarthy pleaded guilty to one count of distributing hydrocodone, one count of distributing alprazolam, one count each of possession with the intent to distribute the narcotics and three counts of prescription fraud. She has no previous felony convictions

[img]http://images.ibsys.com/2003/1003/2531378_200X150.jpg[/img]
Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:31 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Rantdiva Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jocie
Site Admin

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts18689
Bank4294967295
Bones17573.95 Bones

Post Reply with quote
and you wonder why these kids grow up to be cold blooded criminals...
Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:35 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Jocie Send private message
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
LocationSinnin' and fallin' short.
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Shocked Crying or Very sad
Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:43 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
LocationDon't Worry About It
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
WTF!

They shoulda charged that sorry bitch that was with him, too. This shit don't make no sense - impregnated his own stepdaughter, abused & neglected the child, then abandoned him.

I have nothing else to say.
Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
dasilentone

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
get a rope.
Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:53 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
SoulSistaWoo

Joined24 Mar 2002
Posts1426
Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Yeah that is a sad story... How a parent can disconnect so completely from their child leaves me bewildered? I will NEVER understand how people can hurt and abuse children… they have no one but the adults in their lives to protect them.

I really hope he gets his in prison.
Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:58 pm View user's profile Find all posts by SoulSistaWoo Send private message
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Woo, sounds like he never connected with the boy in the first place. After all, this fool never showed that he had any respect for familial relationships. Confused
Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:16 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
Anta

Joined04 Apr 2002
Posts3719
LocationDFW
Bank4294967295
Bones2034.58 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Terrible.. these people need to be strung up.. skinned alive, doused with gasoline, and burned.

[size=18][b]Arlington woman arrested in son's death [/b] [/size]
12:11 AM CDT on Tuesday, July 27, 2004

By YOLANDA WALKER / WFAA-TV

An Arlington mother was behind bars Monday night, [b]accused of killing her nine-year-old son. [/b]

[b]Police also arrested the woman's girlfriend in connection with the case of alleged abuse and neglect. [/b]

By the time help arrived, it was already too late to save Davontae Williams. It's anyone's guess just how it happened, but police said the trauma the boy suffered inside his Arlington apartment was unmistakable.

Also Online

Video: Yolanda Walker reports
[b]"It was extremely obvious, the signs of abuse this child faced prior to his death," said Arlington Police Sgt. Will Johnson. "There was substantial malnourishment, he was significantly underweight for his age and there were varying degrees of marks and bruises upon his body." [/b]

Police arrested the boy's mother, [b]23-year old Marcella Williams[/b], for one felony charge of injury to a child.

"I know she wouldn't do nothing to hurt her kids intentionally," said Williams' brother LaTravon Williams. "I know that."

[b]Williams believes his sister's lover, 28-year-old Lisa Coleman, is really behind the alleged abuse;[/b] police also placed her under arrest. He said he saw his nephew just five months ago.

"He was fine," he said. "There wasn't nothing wrong with him."

However, officers who questioned family members showed them a picture of how Davontae looked when they found him shortly after 8:00 Monday morning.
[b]
"Just from seeing the picture alone, my God ... I don't see how any person could just sit by and let their child be in a room," said family member Tracey Binder. "This baby looked worse than a child in Ethiopia that was starving to death." [/b]

Police took two other children from the home and placed them with Child Protective Services.

Marcella Williams and Lisa Coleman are being held at the Arlington City Jail without bond; both will be arraigned Tuesday. If convicted, they could face life in prison.

[b]Child Protective Services officials said the family has a case history with its office, and plans to release more details tomorrow. [/b]

"We can be this child's advocate to try to bring responsible parties to justice for this very unnecessary death," Johnson said.

[b]
CPS didnt do enough! If they did the boy would still be alive! I wish yall could hear the 911 tape when the mother called the police after she saw the boy stopped breathing. Bitch! Evil or Very Mad [/b]
Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:20 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Anta Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SophiaMoon

Joined05 Feb 2003
Posts5297
LocationWelcome to my world
Bank0
Bones3.70 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Evil or Very Mad I'm speechless. I stopped reading after realizing this guy got his step daughter pregnant. Insane.
Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:22 pm View user's profile Find all posts by SophiaMoon Send private message
SoulSistaWoo

Joined24 Mar 2002
Posts1426
Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
bb74, I think he must have had some since of parental responsibility... He kept the child with him, until the age of 8... made decision regarding his education...

Maybe his abandoning the boy was the best thing for him... because he was most likely abusing him in every way imaginable during those 8 years...
Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:22 pm View user's profile Find all posts by SoulSistaWoo Send private message
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="SoulSistaWoo"]bb74, I think he must have had some since of parental responsibility... He kept the child with him, until the age of 8... made decision regarding his education...[/quote]

No he didn't. He didn't treat that boy with any more regard than an animal. The boy couldn't read or write, count to 100, or even SPELL HIS NAME until last year and he is [b]eight[/b]. If that's what you want to call "making a decision" about his education, then okay. Confused

[quote]Maybe his abandoning the boy was the best thing for him... because he was most likely abusing him in every way imaginable during those 8 years...[/quote]

Now that I'll agree with.
Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:25 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
SoulSistaWoo

Joined24 Mar 2002
Posts1426
Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="bb74"][quote="SoulSistaWoo"]bb74, I think he must have had some since of parental responsibility... He kept the child with him, until the age of 8... made decision regarding his education...[/quote]

[color=red]No he didn't. He didn't treat that boy with any more regard than an animal. The boy couldn't read or write, count to 100, or even SPELL HIS NAME until last year and he is [b]eight[/b]. If that's what you want to call "making a decision" about his education, then okay[/color]. Confused

[quote]Maybe his abandoning the boy was the best thing for him... because he was most likely abusing him in every way imaginable during those 8 years...[/quote]

Now that I'll agree with.[/quote]

Hey, this azzhole is most likely from some backwoods, mountain country so we shouldn’t expect much... his decision not to send the child to school was a detrimental decision, but a decision none the less.

You know if he impregnated his own stepdaughter (who was most likely a young girl at the time.) there was a whole bunch of other shit that would have come out if he had attempted to enroll the child in school... Not to mention that he couldn't stop getting high and selling drugs long enough to take care of any business...
Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by SoulSistaWoo Send private message
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
So you're equating this fool's decision to not send his child to school (and bragging about it, BTW) to a form of [b]parental responsibility???[/b]

Surely you jest. Neutral
Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:44 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
SoulSistaWoo

Joined24 Mar 2002
Posts1426
Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="bb74"]So you're equating this fool's decision to not send his child to school (and bragging about it, BTW) to a form of [b]parental responsibility???[/b]

Surely you jest. Neutral[/quote]

bb74... come on now, of course not.

I equated his decision not to send his son to school as indeed a decision... No matter how fucked up it was in fact a decision/

What I said regarding parental responsibility... was that by keeping the child with him for 8 years is a sign that he had an understanding of... "yes this is my child... and I am his parent..." and even when the biological mother was no longer around he did at the very least, keep the child with him... up until he too decided to abandon him.
Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:04 pm View user's profile Find all posts by SoulSistaWoo Send private message
SoulSistaWoo

Joined24 Mar 2002
Posts1426
Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="SoulSistaWoo"]bb74, I think he must have had some since of parental responsibility... He kept the child with him, until the age of 8... made decision regarding his education...

.[/quote]

And it is the responsibility of a parent to choose what type of education their child will receive (public... private... home schooled ect... ) in this case he made the decision to be irresponsible with the choice for his child’s education…
Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:10 pm View user's profile Find all posts by SoulSistaWoo Send private message
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
You're making absolutely no sense.
Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:13 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
delta84

Joined21 Nov 2002
Posts29053
Locationhigh school hell
Bank4294967295
Bones29798.51 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I'm with Dasi...get a rope for both of these sets of "parents" Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Mad
Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:49 pm View user's profile Find all posts by delta84 Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SoulSistaWoo

Joined24 Mar 2002
Posts1426
Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="bb74"]You're making absolutely no sense.[/quote]

How is that?
Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:00 pm View user's profile Find all posts by SoulSistaWoo Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: