Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Do u care what ur S/O wears &...

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner View previous topic
View next topic

Do u care what ur S/O wears &...
sierraqueen

Joined01 Mar 2002
Posts3204
Bank0
Bones6650.82 Bones

Post Do u care what ur S/O wears &... Reply with quote
...the attention it gets them

Men
If her clothes are form fitting usually (not skanky tight), and this pulls in a lot of attention from other men, does it make you gloat or feel uncomfortable.

After all isn't asking her to change her style of dress a little unfair b/c other men insult your ego by looking at her and sometimes making inappropriate comments to you (the man) or out loud?

And women
If ur man is very attractive and gets a lot of female attention does that flatter you, or make you jealous?
Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:26 pm View user's profile Find all posts by sierraqueen Send private message
MzPhatBooty

Joined18 Apr 2003
Posts6279
LocationWorldwide
Bank0
Bones166.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I wouldn't say either or. But some of these chicks are BOLD. I have an attractive guy friend, and sometimes when we go places chicks blatantly flirt w/him. He's only my friend so it doesn't bother me, but *they* don't know that. I swear bitches ain't shit Laughing
Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:33 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MzPhatBooty Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
aisha

Joined04 Mar 2002
Posts13144
LocationWhy? You wanna come over?
Bank0
Bones26969.84 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="SQ"]After all isn't asking her to change her style of dress a little unfair b/c other men insult your ego by looking at her and sometimes making inappropriate comments to you (the man) or out loud? [/quote]

Interesting. I've only ever been asked by one boyfriend to change my style of dress to be more form fitting not the other way Laughing He was tired of my boystyle Laughing My response was: "you pay for it, you'll get it" Very Happy Needless to say, I was in my jeans and sweats forever Laughing I did remind him though that I only dressed that way for school and for parties, events, etc, I dressed very well which he agreed with. He just wanted a smart Barbie . . . at the time I didn't have Barbie money (still don't, I want her Porsche dammit!) or any money and I wasn't buying any cheap clothes to accommodate that request.

Ummm so BOT, unless chick/guy is dressed like a skank/gigolo then I don't see the issue, but since it is a relationship I wouldn't just brush off my s/o's opinion/needs and I would look for the compromise. For example, if the woman's tops are overly accentuating her breasts, perhaps when she is with the guy she could wear less form fitting tops. Similarly, if the guy is wearing tight jeans, when he's with her he could wear some that are less tight . . . . or something like that.

BUT I would be very careful if the s/o is REQUIRING that you change your ENTIRE wardrobe to accommodate their ego and/or inferring that your attire is tacky, etc. I'm fairly certain that's just the first step to some serious control issues on their part.
Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:08 pm View user's profile Find all posts by aisha Send private message
sierraqueen

Joined01 Mar 2002
Posts3204
Bank0
Bones6650.82 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote]He was tired of my boystyle My response was: "you pay for it, you'll get it" Needless to say, I was in my jeans and sweats forever [/quote]

LOL Laughing
Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:17 pm View user's profile Find all posts by sierraqueen Send private message
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
LocationIn the wilderness, being a Prophet of Rage
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
The only time it came up with me and my ex was when I insisted that she not wear cleavage-revealing clothes to job interviews and to my nephew's Easter Sunday presentation at his church.

I was proactive about the job interview situation, and bought her a "job interview suit" (and I learned to be more flexible, with the salesperson's help -- I picked out a God-awfully ugly blouse for her [not on purpose], but the saleswoman saw something less schoolteacher-y, yet was still professional-looking).
Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:18 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
bizygirl

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
As long as he ain't sloppilly (is that a word????) dressed and his dick ain't hangin out his pants, I'on care what he wears...he's a grown ass man. And I feel safe in sayin that as long as my titties ain't hangin out all over the place he feels the same way. Arrow
Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:02 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
Jocie
Site Admin

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts18689
Bank4294967295
Bones17573.95 Bones

Post Reply with quote
And women
If ur man is very attractive and gets a lot of female attention does that flatter you, or make you jealous?

it would'nt bother me at all....I guess I would just laugh...
Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:05 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Jocie Send private message
amethyst

Joined20 Jan 2002
Posts16439
LocationThe Woods
Bank4294967295
Bones2317.57 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I love to see well groomed men...and I want mine to be well groomed, nice and neat and smelling good. I can't stop other broads from looking if they so choose as long as they are not blatantly flirting and I am standing there witnessing the whole thing. I am not what you call a jealous person...but nowadays broads are so bold, you have to make it known who you are to the man.
Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:10 pm View user's profile Find all posts by amethyst Send private message AIM Address

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: