Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Prudish Ass Alabama Bamas... LOL

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner View previous topic
View next topic

Prudish Ass Alabama Bamas... LOL
bizygirl

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Prudish Ass Alabama Bamas... LOL Reply with quote
Sorry Amey...... Laughing Laughing Laughing In today's AJC:

http://www.ajc.com/today/content/epaper/editions/today/news_14905f88f5dbc1a1004b.html

Court OKs Alabama sex toy ban
Bill Rankin - Staff
Friday, July 30, 2004

The federal appeals court in Atlanta has upheld Alabama's law banning "sex toys" by refusing to hold that people have a fundamental right to sexual privacy.

In a 2-1 ruling issued Wednesday, the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals refused to overturn the 1998 Anti-Obscenity Enforcement Act. The law forbids the commercial distribution of devices designed to stimulate sexual activity. It does not criminalize the possession of the devices.

The lawsuit was brought by both sellers and users of sex toys. Their lawyers contended the law violates the constitutional rights to privacy and to personal autonomy.

The 11th Circuit declined to agree that a fundamental right to sexual intimacy was created last year when the U.S. Supreme Court invalidated a Texas law making homosexual sodomy a crime. Writing for the majority, Judge Stanley Birch said the nation's highest court declined to go that far.

"If we were to accept the invitation to recognize a right to sexual intimacy," Birch added, "this right would theoretically encompass such activities as prostitution, obscenity and adult incest --- even if we were to limit the right to consenting adults."

In dissent, Judge Rosemary Barkett called the majority's analysis "demeaning and dismissive."

"It is about the tradition of American citizens from the inception of our democracy to value the constitutionally protected right to be left alone in the privacy of their bedrooms and personal relationships," Barkett wrote.

Atlanta lawyer Alan Begner, who said a similar Georgia law was upheld by the state Supreme Court in 1997, said the Alabama sex toy case should be taken up by the U.S. Supreme Court on appeal. Begner said a decision on whether people have a fundamental right to sexual intimacy could ultimately decide the constitutionality of same-sex marriages.
Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:12 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
Ivanna Johnson

Joined13 Feb 2004
Posts1307
LocationRight here in front of ya! ;)
Bank0
Bones422.84 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Y'all cum on over to Gawja and Bizy will hook you up. Laughing
Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:27 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Ivanna Johnson Send private message
bizygirl

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I've tried to retire from the game Mack. But they keep callin me back in.
Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:28 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
bizygirl

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
On the real though...I LOVE my sweetie but he ain't accessible 24/7. You let some tight ass GA bureaucrat try and take my Mister Blackie away....man there will be all KINDS of drama in dis bitch! Mad
Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:30 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
amethyst

Joined20 Jan 2002
Posts16439
LocationThe Woods
Bank4294967295
Bones2317.57 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Mad @ Bizy
Besides...the janky judge over in Gawja coulda overturned it, but he didn't.

It doesn't matter though...you just gotta know where to go in Alabama to get what you looking for. Twisted Evil I am not sure how the law is written, but adult store owners can sell sex toys and accessories but only as novalty items. There are several stores here that are for adults, but they either advertise as lingerie shops or adult novalty shops. they can't say anything like XXX-rated or anything like that in advertising.
Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:40 pm View user's profile Find all posts by amethyst Send private message AIM Address

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: