Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ACCEPTABLE AGE DIFFERENCE
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul View previous topic
View next topic

ACCEPTABLE AGE DIFFERENCE

What's an acceptable age difference between daters?
Less than 5 years
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
6-10
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
11+
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Age ain't nothing but a number
37%
 37%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 27

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post ACCEPTABLE AGE DIFFERENCE Reply with quote
[b][color=darkblue]Just wondering.[/color][/b] Laughing
Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:24 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
Rock Star

Joined16 Nov 2004
Posts19420
Bank0
Bones58532.34 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Age ain't nothin but a number ... going down ain't nothin but a thang. Confused

I haven't dated anyone younger than me ... in YEARS ... and the one time I did, he was only 8 months younger.

I'm 25 and I tend to date men between the ages of 34-40.

I'm mature. Confused Wink Laughing
Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:28 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Rock Star Send private message Send e-mail
hakimlukman

Joined17 Jul 2004
Posts3352
Bank0
Bones7371.68 Bones

Post Reply with quote
This would totally depend on the people involved. Many of us seek people who make us feel good about ourselves, and relate to our experiences and opinions. You never know who is up for the challange.

Men over forty probably are willing to go back ten or so years, when choosing a mate, if the quality of communications and compatibility are exceptable.

Mad Cool
Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:42 pm View user's profile Find all posts by hakimlukman Send private message
FancyBum

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I have yet to meet a man significantly older than I am that I have been able to tolerate on a level past platonic friendship.

I don't go any lower than 25 when considering a man to associate with.
Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:44 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
Kimora

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I think the young ones are good to play with....you know good for a good "you know what"!! Especially looking at the young men nowadays.....shit that is all they are good for anyway...when I want to get involved with someone serious....I prefer them to be at least 10 years older than me....(some of them ain't good for shit either)
Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:20 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones990061542.19 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Depends on whether you are talking about years younger or older. I don't tend to have much in common with men more than five years younger than me. It really irks me that many men close to my age still try to act like they are 25. I can't relate to many of them.

And what's with all these guys 40 to 50 years old with little children? Mad

I tend to do better with guys 5 to 15 years older than me. But with that comes other issues like potbellies, balding and dicks that need prescriptions to work. Twisted Evil
Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:37 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
LocationDon't Worry About It
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Laughing @ 'scrip-dicks!!

I generally dated men my own age - not consciously, that's just how it worked out. I couldn't deal with anybody too much younger than I am 'cuz they'd get on my nerves.
Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:40 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
MzPhatBooty

Joined18 Apr 2003
Posts6279
LocationWorldwide
Bank0
Bones166.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I'm 25 and I really don't have an age limit. If I *had* to, I would say 40. It's hard to say because I see a lot of attractive older men and I assume they are much younger than they are.

Most recently the guys that I've been dating have been close to my age (27-29), but not by choice. My most lucrative dating experiences occurred when I *was* dating men in their 30s (in my late teens). I need to get back on that track.....
Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:40 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MzPhatBooty Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Special K

Joined13 Jun 2003
Posts1142
Locationout in the boonies
Bank4294967295
Bones1090.76 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I'm 20 and i've had a guy in his 30's hitting on me this one time (I was considering dating him, but things didn't work out)

I dated an 18 yr old Laughing But i was never keen to the idea of dating someone younger than me..I like older men Laughing ...Just happened like tht

It all depends on the person and wht they are comfortable with...IMO
Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:37 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Special K Send private message
BoyToy

Joined24 Jul 2002
Posts7564
LocationBasking In My Cali Sunshine…...
Bank0
Bones12575.40 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Every man that I've had a serious relationship with have been between 5 -10 years older than me...that's my preference....I've tried dating men my age when I was younger...our interests were different...they thought I was a snob...I thought they were immature...just didn't work...
Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BoyToy Send private message
MzPhatBooty

Joined18 Apr 2003
Posts6279
LocationWorldwide
Bank0
Bones166.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I can't even PHATHOM dating a guy my age, let alone younger than me. I would feel so mentally superior, it would never work Laughing

It's hard enough finding a man that can hold a decent conversation, I don't need to compound that by having no lil' young buck!
Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:51 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MzPhatBooty Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
bodom

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts10653
LocationINDIANAPOLIS
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones
Game Trophies:  4
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
i'm the exact opposite. i've always been an able-to-take-care-of-myself responsible male. i guess some of that is attributed to the fact that i was the oldest child and also by me skipping kindergarten, i was always in a classroom with peers older than me.

i've always preferred a woman older than me. i can't these young'uns still wanna bump and grind in the club with no sense of direction to what they want to do. just haven't been able to kick it with someone my age like that. and many of them can't even carry a decent conversion on a higher mental capacity. i have only been with one woman that was younger than me (in high school by a couple of years). but, i can't see myself doing that anymore.

when i was 20, i was dating someone who was 26 at the time, but things didn't work out there. when i was 25, i met someone who was 34. and we are still together to this day with me being 32 and she being 41. it's cool to me, but the real problem lies in the fact regarding children. god has made it where it's easy for a guy who is 41 and a woman who is 32 to have a family and pop up a few kids if they wanted to. not so the other way around. and this is a sticky situation. her sister also married a man who is 6-7 years younger. i'm pretty good friends with him. my brother as well tends to date women who are older than him (he also is tired of the perceived selfishness or the "what can you do for me" type of woman). i'm not going to knock all 20-something women, because as many of the women said in here, there's quite a few 20-something men that they weren't feeling, but not all are bad. it's just that i've always been a mature person and i simply feel more comfortable amongst those that are older than i am. i just don't have much in common with the young'uns in general. i guess i'm a baby-boomer trapped in a gen-X'er's body.... Laughing

--
bodom
Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:54 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bodom Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Darren

Joined28 Jul 2003
Posts1744
LocationWashington, DC
Bank0
Bones2947.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I'm sure there will always be a group of men and women (usually men) who will push the age envelope as they get older (50+) and want to date women 20+ years their junior.

But, IMO, I think it sort of levels out as you get older (by your late 30s -- early 40s). By that, I mean an eight year age difference isn't a big deal if one person is 37 and other is 45. But a person who is 19 going out with someone who's 27 would likely reveal some maturity issues/gaps as well as raise a few eyebrows.
Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:14 am View user's profile Find all posts by Darren Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Playaga

Joined06 Mar 2002
Posts1702
LocationAtlanta, GA
Bank0
Bones19.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Dammit Stormy, u forgot to list a poll choice that has something to do with the Kang! Tsk tsk. lol
Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:29 am View user's profile Find all posts by Playaga Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
amethyst

Joined20 Jan 2002
Posts16439
LocationThe Woods
Bank4294967295
Bones2317.57 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I like older menz. Very Happy
Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:38 am View user's profile Find all posts by amethyst Send private message AIM Address
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I couldn't imagine myself outside of kicking it with someone 10+ years my junior. I'm NOT trying to be someones "daddy" or "Atlas through life". They're are plenty of men out there though that would have no problem in this so don't fret..

What kills me though is that no matter what age, from 10 to 16 to Forty fo, overwhelmingly women will answer an "older" individual. Before I used to get in discussions regarding maturity not being associated with age but you know in discussions like this, it's no use.

If I were to ever get married, I wouldn't want it to go 3 years either way. I'd like to talk to someone about things that happened "MY" generation.

I have a thoery regarding women and "OLDER" men but most will deny it.
Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:40 am View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
bizygirl

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MzPhatBooty"]I can't even PHATHOM dating a guy my age, let alone younger than me. I would feel so mentally superior, it would never work Laughing

It's hard enough finding a man that can hold a decent conversation, I don't need to compound that by having no lil' young buck![/quote]

Um Tank is 6 years younger than I am. Ain't nothing wrong wit it! Cool

At first though, I was like I don't know. And my bitch sisters would tease me for "robbing the craddle" til I found out my middle sister's man is 4 years younger than she is.

But like I said. Ain't nothin wrong wit it. Cool Razz
Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:02 am Find all posts by Anonymous
alias

Joined13 Jul 2003
Posts1108
Locationthe boondocks
Bank0
Bones250.96 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote]I have a thoery regarding women and "OLDER" men but most will deny it.[/quote]

I'd like to hear it, if you don't mind sharing it.
Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:05 am View user's profile Find all posts by alias Send private message
Rock Star

Joined16 Nov 2004
Posts19420
Bank0
Bones58532.34 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I believe that it is a total trade off when it comes to the whole young women dating older men "issue".

I began dating much older men at the age of 21 and simply found that our interests were the same and I could appreciate a man that was a bit more established and had his shit together. It was never a question of [b]HOW MUCH [/b]I have or how established I may be because this older guy is that he gets to be with me ... a young woman that he can "[i]try[/i]" to influence and hasn't been as abused as a woman in his peer group (the older biddies are going to kill me for this).

When I was 22 years old and in college, I became involved with a 39 year old professor. I've never had as much fun with any other man. Not only that ... but I was able to learn a lot from him. He inspired me. The best thing though is that he never made feel like I was less than him (he had his PhD and I was working on my BA), he always paid for dinners, etc and it was never an issue. Some men are like women in the sense that they want to be a nurturer and PROVIDER for a few pats on head and some nasty wet sex (and a young tenderoni on their arm).

Most of the men that I date are 10+ years older than me and I never see it as an issue.

I'm being USED huh?? Confused
Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:15 am View user's profile Find all posts by Rock Star Send private message Send e-mail
bodom

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts10653
LocationINDIANAPOLIS
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones
Game Trophies:  4
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Marz"]What kills me though is that no matter what age, from 10 to 16 to Forty fo, overwhelmingly women will answer an "older" individual.[/quote]
and what kills me is that [b](some)[/b] women when they get older start complaining about men going after younger women. uh, it's not just the man's fault for getting a "younger model" because after all, the young one is also attracted to him for being older.

[quote="Marz"]Before I used to get in discussions regarding maturity not being associated with age but you know in discussions like this, it's no use.[/quote]
women overwhelming prefer older men just like they do with taller men. i won't open up this can of worms.

--
bodom
Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:30 am View user's profile Find all posts by bodom Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: