Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
The Postgirl __________ rings once, twice????
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner View previous topic
View next topic

The Postgirl __________ rings once, twice????
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post The Postgirl __________ rings once, twice???? Reply with quote
So let me paint the picture.

At the gig, there is this mail girl or pardon moi, WOMAN who's pretty cute. Matter of fact the first week I started working there I noticed her. Since that time we've had some small convos in passing, nothing much. One time I'm in the kitchen and she goes, "were you at the black film evening"?
(something that happened over one weekend)

I was like, "yeah". So then she goes, "I was telling my friend [b]thats him[/b]" (I'm reading into that but more on that in a minute). So we were talking about it and I was saying I didn't see her and just some other stuff. That comment made me say, "what'd she mean by 't[b]hats him[/b]' ".But I chalked it up to the game..

So it's the usual, speak in passing since I don't work directly with her and only see her when she comes for our mail calls or when I have a delivery. One time she asked me if it was me driving in a red car and I was like, "nah my car isn't red".

One time around Christmas, I went to pickup a package and I called her (you have to call to have them let you in that area) and I was asking where was she cuz I tried 5 minutes ago. She said she was there but since the call said "unknown" she wasn't sure if it was her boyfriend or an outside line. ("Ohhhhhkay" I say in my mind, she's out the running) So I grabbed my package and left.

So today, she calls my desk and ask for a stamp. I told her I'd bring her one when I got off of my conference call. I don't know if this is important or not but I asked her for some stamps once and she didn't have any bout two weeks ago(hey she works for the mail center, I didn't think that was much of a stretch,lol). I don't do a lot of mailing out there but I do some. I use the stamps that has the "SICKLE CELL" awareness with a black female and her baby on it . It's a nice stamp and it [b]stands out [/b](I guess, maybe I'm overthinking more on that point in a sec).

So after the call is done, I head to the gym and stop by her area, hand the stamps. She gave me some money, says, "I thought you might have forgot" (it was like an hour or two later) and pays me for them. I really wasn't expecting it but "thanx" (I guess). I walk to the gym. She usually comes in when I'm done. I don't really chat in the gym and she works in/on a different section than I am when she's in there.

(Keep in mind, I'm not the type of cat to sweat someone even if I have an interest especially at work. Especially if they have a dude)

She walks in today and I ask about the the game yesterday (shes a Vick fan and shes from there) Tonight I had some work I had to finish up and there was an email from her "THANKING" me for the stamps, WTF???

Now all these events are in my head and I guess I'm here now what??

So what do you all think? Random things that mean NOTHING or who knows???

(DEEP SIGH) I guess I'm open to "ALL" angles even the bandwidth wasting posts like;

"it's all in front of you" (HOW SO?)

"Niggas aint' schit" (Kimora "oh wrong topic. Maybe not",lol)

"She told you she had a man, why you gotta be a homewrecker" (If you saw her and her azz, you'd be one too Smile
Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:56 am View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
FelonMistress

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Are you dense?

Clue one: How many other people could she have called BESIDES YOU for a stamp?

Clue two: making special note of you to her friend. "That's him" implies she has been talking about you, no?

If she has a man, then she might be looking for outside dick.....but I would have to wonder. Why bring your man up that early in the game if you're only trying to break someone off?

Holla at her. She's practically doing everything but raping you in your deskchair.

I'll try not to be jealous about this development, Marz. Evil or Very Mad Arrow

Laughing
Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:33 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
Horse

Joined19 Mar 2002
Posts9626
Bank0
Bones73234.78 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Yea man, I agree the lady is diggin you.

If you move to fast you may come across as a Buster......

Invite her out for drinks... don't Hug her at the end of the night... Let her talk about herself and see if it's something you want to pursue.

She is looking for you to Cowboy-Up and get the cat & mouse game going.

Don't let this week go by without steppin up and doing something.

I'll be back after work to read..

Good Luck
Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Horse Send private message
FelonMistress

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Are you dense?

Clue one: How many other people could she have called BESIDES YOU for a stamp?

Clue two: making special note of you to her friend. "That's him" implies she has been talking about you, no?

If she has a man, then she might be looking for outside dick.....but I would have to wonder. Why bring your man up that early in the game if you're only trying to break someone off?

Holla at her. She's practically doing everything but raping you in your deskchair.

I'll try not to be jealous about this development, Marz. Evil or Very Mad Arrow

Laughing
Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:50 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
BobbyDigital

Joined03 Aug 2002
Posts7583
LocationBlack Hollywood
Bank0
Bones21765.78 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b]I think the chick's crazy.

She's already stalking you... at the black film event... thinking that you drove a red car. Not taking calls from "UNKNOWN" assuming it's her man. The stamp thing. Convienenttly scheduling her gym time.[/b]

[quote="FelonMistress"]Are you dense?

Clue one: How many other people could she have called BESIDES YOU for a stamp?[/quote]

[b]And she works in the mail room. Has to be a stamp somewhere around there I assume.[/b]

[quote="FelonMistress"]
If she has a man, then she might be looking for outside dick.....but I would have to wonder. Why bring your man up that early in the game if you're only trying to break someone off?[/quote]

[b]That's easy, it's like a Public Service Announcement. She went ahead and made that PSA, so if Marz did holla at her, he would already know that she has a man and he's open to any potential side booty and drama that comes along with it.

I mean, did she "really" have to mention having a man in explaining why she don't pick up "UNKNOWN" calls?[/b]

[quote="FelonMistress"]Holla at her. She's practically doing everything but raping you in your deskchair.[/quote]

[b]I say "Run Marz!!! Run!!!" Sounds like a dramatic chick to me.[/b]
Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:06 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BobbyDigital Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Lady L

Joined19 Feb 2003
Posts4569
LocationShenandoah Valley
Bank4294967295
Bones533.57 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Duh! she likes you mayne....

Just talk to her. Her boyfriend situation may not be that developed or deep.

LMAO!!! @ Felon! Laughing Laughing
Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:08 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Lady L Send private message
LIYAH

Joined01 Mar 2002
Posts12827
Bank4294967295
Bones4125.96 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Seems like she's interested. I would invite her out or ask her what she's doing this weekend. Yall might be able to meet up somewhere (I remember you said before you don't date). Then you can see where her head is at.

I didn't understand the part where she asked you for a stamp. Isn't she a mail lady?
Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:26 pm View user's profile Find all posts by LIYAH Send private message
Kalibane

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts8630
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones
Game Trophies:  3
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
She works in the mail room and needed to ask someone for a stamp? Laughing
Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Kalibane Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Kalibane"]She works in the mail room and needed to ask someone for a stamp? Laughing[/quote]

I knew this would be the one stickler point most would figure and I said the same thing. But schit who knows, maybe she liked the stamp
maybe she's just the mailchic and there aren't stamps or postage meters (shrugs).

I mean all roads leads to go no doubt the "dude" thing threw me for a loop.

How many other people could she have called BESIDES YOU for a stamp?

I thought that too, but we're on the same floor..

making special note of you to her friend. "That's him" implies she has been talking about you, no?

Contrary to popular belief I don't believe the world revolved around me although that one I don't have an answer for..

Don't let this week go by without steppin up and doing something.

Asking out is not me but I'll talk to her in the gym today. Hell, I'll even work out next to her and initiate the convo..
Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:50 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
Kimora

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Just ask her out for chrissakes.......what is your problem???
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:14 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
FelonMistress

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Excuse my french, Marz.......but you're being a pussy about this situation. Laughing

btw.........her asking him for a stamp=obvious attempt to initiate contact.
talk about grasping at straws, but I guess she figures Romeo aint picking up her hints fast enough. Surprised
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:15 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
Darren

Joined28 Jul 2003
Posts1744
LocationWashington, DC
Bank0
Bones2947.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Even my clueless butt can see some of the signals. (Perhaps it's easier when they are given to someone else Mad ) I am, however, concerned about some of the gamesmanship going on. Why would she mention having a man if it was casual conversation. I may be wrong, but I get the sense that she was trying to see how you would react. Whether you would "man up" and step to her, knowing she said she had a man. Asking whether you drive a red car. I don't know if I would chalk that up to stalking just yet, but it makes me wonder, did she see someone she thought was you in a red car? Or, did she see a nice red car and hoped that it was you inside? Confused

I am always a bit leery about stepping to someone at work, regardless of what department. Unless you work for a huge corporation, where it would be less likely that people would pay attention, I would think about whether you want to expose yourself by heading out for a drink after work with her. If nothing else, I think the suggestion to get together for lunch or a drink over the weekend would be the best thing. Just be Marz and see where the conversation goes.
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:19 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Darren Send private message Yahoo Messenger
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
LocationDon't Worry About It
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Kalibane"]She works in the mail room and needed to ask someone for a stamp? Laughing[/quote]

That's what I'm saying. Laughing

Marz, just ask the girl out. Dang.
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:30 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
LocationIn the wilderness, being a Prophet of Rage
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Marz, ain't you the same one that suggested that I holla at that security guard years ago?

[i]** in hindsight, I shoulda pursued that until she flat out TOLD me that she wasn't interested, instead of me standing down 'cuz she had a boyfriend... **[/i]

As a matter of fact, I remember the advice you gave me. In my situation, it was clear that she had a boyfriend, so I stood down. Are you sure if this one has a boyfriend or not?
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jocie
Site Admin

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts18689
Bank4294967295
Bones17573.95 Bones

Post Reply with quote
yeah ask the girl out...i would have never taken you for one of those skurd nuccas..
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Jocie Send private message
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones990061542.19 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I wouldn't "holla" at her, per se. But I would make an effort to get to know her better. Initiate some conversations with appropriate. Find out if she's really involved or open to get to know me better.
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:51 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
Darren

Joined28 Jul 2003
Posts1744
LocationWashington, DC
Bank0
Bones2947.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MackDiva"]I wouldn't "holla" at her, per se. But I would make an effort to get to know her better. Initiate some conversations with appropriate. Find out if she's really involved or open to get to know me better.[/quote]

[img]http://www.ubc.net/pictures/arrow_up.gif[/img]
What she said.
Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:03 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Darren Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="jwal"]yeah ask the girl out...i would have never taken you for one of those skurd nuccas..[/quote]

who said I was scared,lol? But we'll use this convo as an example in Darren's, "whats your sign" thread. As I said, ain't nobody "smiling" pulling their hair and schit.

That said, "I'm NOT gonna ask her out". I think I've said on plenty of basis that when you "ask someone out" it takes on a ton of new expectations. Now "inviting them over", yeah I know it's semantics but thats me. I don't ask any much from people I assume.

I'll let you all know what happens in the gym today.
Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:12 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
Kimora

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
What is wrong with asking her to have a drink with you or something....or maybe even having lunch?.....stop being a pussy!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:25 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
Darren

Joined28 Jul 2003
Posts1744
LocationWashington, DC
Bank0
Bones2947.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Marz"]I'll let you all know what happens in the gym today.[/quote]

[img]http://gauntlet.ucalgary.ca/imgcache/200__~gauntlet_eg_sports_stories_20010208_images_sports09.gif[/img]

Forget all the back and forth...do [b]your [/b]thing dawg! Laughing
Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:25 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Darren Send private message Yahoo Messenger

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: