Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Striking when the iron is HOT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul View previous topic
View next topic

Striking when the iron is HOT
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Marz"]Also, if I was between haircuts. Man did I feel like a bum even though in hindsight I wasn't. If theres an achiles within me thats my Sampson for real. That said, I'd encounter situations where some dime would be talking to me and I'd run from it becuase I felt my hair wasn't tight which didn't make me feel that confident. [/quote]

I can relate to this. Even today it seems like whenever I'm not looking nearly my best or like a flat out bum (e.g., when I'm out jogging) is when a cutie shows up that I'd like to get at. Especially the haircut thing (I like to keep my hair cut close because my hair is very coarse). This is why I'm trying look and smell my best whenever I leave the house. When I'm looking and smelling good, I feel that I can get it at almost anybody.

I used to use any excuse not to talk to a woman because I was too nervous to say something. "Naw, man. I'm nappy-headed, my breath ain't tight, and my shoes are dirty. It's a no-go. Abort mission." Laughing

Today I try to strike fast, but not too fast. I don't want to just blurt out anything and make a fool of myself. For example, if I see a cutie in the grocery store, I might walk around her vicinity pretending that I'm looking for something, all the while I'm thinking of what line to drop that's relevant to what she's doing. Then, if she's receptive, I'd follow that up with my "self-selling" line. I would say maybe 80 percent of the women go for it.
Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:06 am View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
LocationSinnin' and fallin' short.
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Men really think about all of that? Most chicks I know wouldn't give a damn unless you and your breath smell like 4-day old ass. [i]*shrugs*[/i] Maybe we're not the type of chicks you all are trying to get next to. That's just too much thought IMO. So what if you get rejected, just holla. Well, converse, then holla. Cool
Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:41 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
Kalibane

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts8630
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones
Game Trophies:  3
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Hulkina"]Men really think about all of that? Most chicks I know wouldn't give a damn unless you and your breath smell like 4-day old ass. [i]*shrugs*[/i] [b]Maybe we're not the type of chicks you all are trying to get next to[/b]. That's just too much thought IMO. So what if you get rejected, just holla. Well, converse, then holla. Cool[/quote]

You're not. Laughing

I think most everyone goes through this (or is maybe still goinging through it) where oppotunity falls in their lap and they just whiff. It's hard to be self-confidant sometimes when you're still feeling out who you are. I know that was the case for me when I was younger. When I was 19 I met this chick who was so fucking drop dead gorgeous it was mind blowing... I was just so happy that she wanted to hang out with me I was totally oblivious to the fact that she was really into me. Plus she had so many established dudes who were ballin out of control, trippin over themselves to get at her I'm thinking "how can I possibly compete with that?... I'm livin in a cramped stinkin ass dorm room with no car" Laughing

Looking back I don't understand how I didn't see the flashing blue neon sign that read, "She wants you dumbass!!!". It was so obvious... I have a bunch of situations like that from that 18/19 or so age range.

But then later I also found out that sometimes even when I did take advantage of the openings I ended up not following through because all I really cared about was "knowing" that I could if I wanted to.
Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:01 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Kalibane Send private message
NubianStorm

Joined20 Sep 2005
Posts9951
Bank0
Bones30804.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote]I think most everyone goes through this[/quote]

[color=darkblue][b]Absolutely. How you feel about how you look does affect your confidence.

I am always surprised when dudes try to holla even though I have just run out of the house w/o brushing my hair, wearing a moth-ridden t-shirt with creatine stains on it and some swishies.[/b][/color]
Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:57 pm View user's profile Find all posts by NubianStorm Send private message Send e-mail
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
LocationIn the wilderness, being a Prophet of Rage
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Hulkina"]Men really think about all of that? Most chicks I know wouldn't give a damn unless you and your breath smell like 4-day old ass. [i]*shrugs*[/i] Maybe we're not the type of chicks you all are trying to get next to. That's just too much thought IMO. So what if you get rejected, just holla. Well, converse, then holla. Cool[/quote]

How often do you approach men?

The more you approach someone of the opposite sex that you're interested in, the more likely you are to really pay attention to almost everything within you, to try to make sure that you won't be rejected even before you open your mouth to speak. And the more likely you are to be cognizant of things that you feel may affect your desire to make that move. As the initiator, you are more likely than not trying to make sure that all of your ducks are in a row before you make that first move.
Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:00 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="NubianStorm"] I have just run out of the house w/o brushing my hair, wearing a moth-ridden t-shirt with creatine stains on it and some swishies.[/b][/color][/quote]

Nubie... damn. Laughing
Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:04 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
NubianStorm

Joined20 Sep 2005
Posts9951
Bank0
Bones30804.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkblue][b]Ingenue, I am a tomboy, deep down in my heart of hearts and I am very active. I ride my bike almost everywhere or walk...if it's close enough. I am most comfortable in jeans and a tshirt. So, oftentimes, that is how you'll find me. Oh God, and hair up in a ponytail or shoved under a bball cap. I will go outside not giving a damn how I look, if I am not going anywhere special or to see someone special. That's just me. Oh, but don't get it twisted, I bathe, moisturize and brush my teeth on the daily!! LOL!

My friends and I were just talking about this the other day. My girl was like "I couldn't believe these dudes were tryna holla. My wig was toe up. I looked like Don King in a skirt." I remember a friend of mine - after some guy tried to introduce himself to her, on a day when she ran out of the house looking less than her best - asked him "Did you just get out of jail or something?"[/b][/color]

Laughing
Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:30 pm View user's profile Find all posts by NubianStorm Send private message Send e-mail
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]What are "swishies"? Question

Good post Kali. [/color]
Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="NubianStorm"][color=darkblue][b] Oh, but don't get it twisted, I bathe, moisturize and brush my teeth on the daily!! LOL!
[/b][/color]

Laughing[/quote]

Long as you got the basics down. That description was funny as hell though. Laughing
Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
NubianStorm

Joined20 Sep 2005
Posts9951
Bank0
Bones30804.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote]What are "swishies"? [/quote]

[color=darkblue][b]Nylon sweat pants...this refers to the sound they make "swish, swish" when you walk. We call them "swishies" in the Bronx. [/b][/color] Laughing
Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:55 pm View user's profile Find all posts by NubianStorm Send private message Send e-mail
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
LocationDon't Worry About It
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="ingenue"][quote="NubianStorm"] I have just run out of the house w/o brushing my hair, wearing a moth-ridden t-shirt with creatine stains on it and some swishies.[/quote]

Nubie... damn. Laughing[/quote]

Dudes love that, Ingenue...you didn't know? Laughing
Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:17 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="bb74"][quote="ingenue"][quote="NubianStorm"] I have just run out of the house w/o brushing my hair, wearing a moth-ridden t-shirt with creatine stains on it and some swishies.[/quote]

Nubie... damn. Laughing[/quote]

Dudes love that, Ingenue...you didn't know? Laughing[/quote]

Dang... nope, I didn't. Laughing
Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:59 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
BLAQ

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts9655
LocationChocolate City
Bank4294967295
Bones6277.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
You lookin' good in that picture in your avatar, Dun! Let me find out I should have struck while the iron was hot when you were here last year! Laughing Laughing

Ugh. That thought hurt my head. You're like a little brother. But you still lookin' crute! Cool
Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:21 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BLAQ Send private message
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="PervertedMonk"][quote="Hulkina"]Men really think about all of that? Most chicks I know wouldn't give a damn unless you and your breath smell like 4-day old ass. [i]*shrugs*[/i] Maybe we're not the type of chicks you all are trying to get next to. That's just too much thought IMO. So what if you get rejected, just holla. Well, converse, then holla. Cool[/quote]

How often do you approach men?

The more you approach someone of the opposite sex that you're interested in, the more likely you are to really pay attention to almost everything within you, to try to make sure that you won't be rejected even before you open your mouth to speak. And the more likely you are to be cognizant of things that you feel may affect your desire to make that move. As the initiator, you are more likely than not trying to make sure that all of your ducks are in a row before you make that first move.[/quote]

I NEVER approach men. Ever. And never will. Wink
Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:44 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="BLAQ"]You lookin' good in that picture in your avatar, Dun! Let me find out I should have struck while the iron was hot when you were here last year! Laughing Laughing

Ugh. That thought hurt my head. You're like a little brother. But you still lookin' crute! Cool[/quote] Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing stoopid!
Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
hope_springs

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts10185
Locationend zone
Bank4294967295
Bones24350.16 Bones
Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
I had a friend that I had a crush on, but I never told him. We used to hang in the same circle of friends. I never acted on my feeling because we were both in relationships. He used to come over and visit me occassionally, but nothing ever came close to happening. Then, one night he called me late, asking what I was up to. It was the booty call hour. I told him I was in the bed. He said, can I pass by? I told him no, but I sure wanted to say yes! I KNEW if he came over something would have happened.

I don't know how things would have turned out for me had I let dude come over, because my life definitely would have been complicated. But sometimes I wish I was one of those "throw caution to the wind" type folks because I still think of him occassionally.
Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:26 am View user's profile Find all posts by hope_springs Send private message
delta84

Joined21 Nov 2002
Posts29053
Locationhigh school hell
Bank4294967295
Bones29798.51 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Hope...that man neededa friend, a shoulder to lean on, and you didn't provide one. Shame on you! Twisted Evil Laughing You might have found out the fantasy you had and reality were not compatible...talk about some horrible feelings that could have developed from that. Better regret of not knowing than the guilt of knowing...yanno? Wink
Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:47 pm View user's profile Find all posts by delta84 Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dasilentone

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
yeah, i missed out on an opportunity by trying to play my cards close to my chest. met this dude about six years ago, and was feeling him. he was feeling me too, but we were both too shy to let the oher one know it. once we did reveal it...distance kept us from pursuing anything further. then time and life happened, and i used to wonder, from time to time, what would have happened if we had taken that chance.

re: approaching a man

The first and ONLY time I did that...ole boy was engaged. I said, "never again."
Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:11 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
LocationThrowin' some D's on it!!!
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="dasilentone"]

The first and ONLY time I did that...ole boy was engaged. I said, "never again."[/quote]

Why let that one time stop u from doing it again?
Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:51 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
dasilentone

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DamnYouAll"][quote="dasilentone"]

The first and ONLY time I did that...ole boy was engaged. I said, "never again."[/quote]

Why let that one time stop u from doing it again?[/quote]

cuz, playa, my ego is FRAGILE. i ain't gonna take too kindly to rejection.
Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:07 pm Find all posts by Anonymous

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: