Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Striking when the iron is HOT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul View previous topic
View next topic

Striking when the iron is HOT
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
LocationIn the wilderness, being a Prophet of Rage
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="dasilentone"]cuz, playa, my ego is FRAGILE. i ain't gonna take too kindly to rejection.[/quote]

Welcome to our world... LOL...
Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:37 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="dasilentone"]

cuz, playa, my ego is FRAGILE. i ain't gonna take too kindly to rejection.[/quote]

You call that a rejection? That was nothing. To me that's like a woman telling that me "my hair is black." No big deal.

When a guy tells you something like "please raise up", then you'd get more sympathy from the menfolk. Smile
Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:39 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Dun"]You call that a rejection? That was nothing. To me that's like a woman telling that me "my hair is black." No big deal.

When a guy tells you something like "please raise up", then you'd get more sympathy from the menfolk. Smile[/quote]

I just thought about that...

[CO-SIGN POWERS ACTIVATE]

"I'm engaged" is hardly a blow to someone's ego... I've seen non-spoken FACIAL EXPRESSIONS that are more devastating... that look that says "if you even come within 500 feet of me, I will throw a bag full of cat pee at you"... THAT'S an ego-bruiser... LOL...

[CO-SIGN POWERS DEACTIVATE]
Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:54 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
hope_springs

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts10185
Locationend zone
Bank4294967295
Bones24350.16 Bones
Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
[quote="delta84"]Hope...that man neededa friend, a shoulder to lean on, and you didn't provide one. Shame on you! Twisted Evil Laughing You might have found out the fantasy you had and reality were not compatible...talk about some horrible feelings that could have developed from that. Better regret of not knowing than the guilt of knowing...yanno? Wink[/quote] Laughing Laughing Trust me if I had said yes the fantasy would have been on and poppin!
Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:52 am View user's profile Find all posts by hope_springs Send private message
Tricee

Joined25 Jun 2005
Posts3705
Location"Feels Like God's Favor"
Bank0
Bones78319.30 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="hope_springs"][b]would have been on and poppin![/b][/quote]

Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:31 am View user's profile Find all posts by Tricee Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Tricee

Joined25 Jun 2005
Posts3705
Bank0
Bones78319.30 Bones

Post Reply with quote
To answer the question...this happened to me about 2 weeks ago... I met this cat from Oakland on the bus (finnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne) good-gooley moogley.... Surprised and the body language of interest was there...... but maybe it was one-sided on my part, Laughing Laughing I guess the iron was not quite "hot" but warming up and I just let that sucker go on cool.....dog-gone it..cuz homie wuz...um....yeah. uh.huh. Cool

and then the other day....Lawd hab mercy this brother....(Jesus Keep Me Near The Cross).... Fo' Real. Shocked
Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:36 am View user's profile Find all posts by Tricee Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="2abundantlyblessed"][quote="hope_springs"][b]would have been on and poppin![/b][/quote]

[/quote]

So what'cha sayin, 2AB?

[i]edited to add[/i]

I think you answered my question just as I was asking it...
Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:38 am View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tricee

Joined25 Jun 2005
Posts3705
Bank0
Bones78319.30 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="PervertedMonk"][quote="2abundantlyblessed"][quote="hope_springs"][b]would have been on and poppin![/b][/quote]

[/quote]

So what'cha sayin, 2AB?

[i]edited to add[/i]

I think you answered my question just as I was asking it...[/quote]

I was teasing Hope for using that expression in 2006 Laughing Laughing
Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:47 am View user's profile Find all posts by Tricee Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
hope_springs

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts10185
Locationend zone
Bank4294967295
Bones24350.16 Bones
Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
I can't help being old school!

[i]*putting on members only jacket and walking out in a huff*[/i]

Laughing
Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:25 am View user's profile Find all posts by hope_springs Send private message
Tricee

Joined25 Jun 2005
Posts3705
Bank0
Bones78319.30 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="hope_springs"]

[i]*putting on members only jacket *[/i]

Laughing[/quote]

Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:12 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Tricee Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Ms Pris

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts1843
LocationIn Pris Land
Bank0
Bones2978.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Intersting thread the last few guys I have dated locally I met when I was a hot MESS let me repeat MESS. One guy I was thinking dude my hair is all over my head I have on my scrubs and I have been up over 24 hours get out of my face, he continued the song and dance......we are still hanging out. He liked the improved version. The other one caught me in the hardware/tool store hair in ponytail, stained jeans, t-shirt, I was rushing to picking up a part. The only good thing about meeting guys when you are mess is he has seen you at your worst. LOL!!
Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:53 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Ms Pris Send private message
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Ms Pris"]Intersting thread the last few guys I have dated locally I met when I was a hot MESS let me repeat MESS. One guy I was thinking dude my hair is all over my head I have on my scrubs and I have been up over 24 hours get out of my face, he continued the song and dance......we are still hanging out. He liked the improved version. The other one caught me in the hardware/tool store hair in ponytail, stained jeans, t-shirt, I was rushing to picking up a part. The only good thing about meeting guys when you are mess is he has seen you at your worst. LOL!![/quote]

Do you ladies have any idea how attractive some of you are when you are totally dressed down? What you may perceive as "looking a mess", we may perceive as you looking and being comfortable.
Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:03 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
NubianStorm

Joined20 Sep 2005
Posts9951
Bank0
Bones30804.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote]The only good thing about meeting guys when you are mess is he has seen you at your worst. [/quote] Laughing
[color=darkblue][b]
I don't know PM, she said her hair was all over her head and that she had not slept for a full 24 hours. Prissy has a head fulla thick, long hair...I just can not imagine any sane dude looking at a tumble weed in scrubs who hasn't slept in a full day and going "Damn baby! Can I get ur paperwork?" Laughing

I thought men were visual creatures.[/b][/color]
Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:08 pm View user's profile Find all posts by NubianStorm Send private message Send e-mail
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="NubianStorm"]Laughing
[color=darkblue][b]
I don't know PM, she said her hair was all over her head and that she had not slept for a full 24 hours. Prissy has a head fulla thick, long hair...I just can not imagine any sane dude looking at a tumble weed in scrubs who hasn't slept in a full day and going "Damn baby! Can I get ur paperwork?" Laughing

I thought men were visual creatures.[/b][/color][/quote]

I'd say that I am... in MsPris' case, what the guy found attractive differed from what she probably thought he'd find attractive (Bishop started a thread along those lines). Or, it could be a case where he's thinking "If she's this cute NOW, think of how she'll look when she's rested and stuff..." Or, maybe there was something about Pris that shined through the haggard exterior (like a pretty smile or something).

As for the hardware/tool store encounter, how *I* would look at it is that I'm not seeing someone that's in a ponytail, and stained jeans, buying parts. *I'M* seeing someone that's not afraid to get her hands dirty, which could be compatible for a guy that's also shopping in a hardware store.

And since this thread is about striking while the iron's hot, maybe he felt that if he didn't strike now, who knows when the opportunity would come up again?
Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:16 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
LocationDon't Worry About It
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="PervertedMonk"][quote="Ms Pris"]Intersting thread the last few guys I have dated locally I met when I was a hot MESS let me repeat MESS. One guy I was thinking dude my hair is all over my head I have on my scrubs and I have been up over 24 hours get out of my face, he continued the song and dance......we are still hanging out. He liked the improved version. The other one caught me in the hardware/tool store hair in ponytail, stained jeans, t-shirt, I was rushing to picking up a part. The only good thing about meeting guys when you are mess is he has seen you at your worst. LOL!![/quote]

Do you ladies have any idea how attractive some of you are when you are totally dressed down? What you may perceive as "looking a mess", we may perceive as you looking and being comfortable.[/quote]

There's a huge difference between dressed down and lookin' genuinely to' up...but there's a segment of the male population who love that look. Laughing
Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:22 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
NubianStorm

Joined20 Sep 2005
Posts9951
Bank0
Bones30804.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkblue][b]God bwess that male segment's widdow hearts...[/b][/color]
Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:41 pm View user's profile Find all posts by NubianStorm Send private message Send e-mail
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]A "just worked out or cleaned the yard hot mess" is good.

A "just got off work and wrestled my kids into the car and did groceries on the way home and now I'm unloading the car still yelling at the kids hot mess" can be alright too.

A "clean but didn't feel like it today so I pulled my hair back and threw on some sweats and a ripped or cut up top hot mess" can even be sexy.

But a "just rolled out of bed didn't do shit to my face or hair and I'm still wearing the clothes I slept in hot mess" is simply toe-da-fuck-up. And if you're smelling like you look, I'll let you know it.[/color]
Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:00 am View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="bb74"][b]There's a huge difference between dressed down and lookin' genuinely to' up...[/b]but there's a segment of the male population who love that look. Laughing[/quote]

...and quite a few of us know that difference...

...it's not like we're thinking "Aw man, she just finished a 16-hour shift of bobbing for raw sewage, and she looks like she just sparred with Mike Tyson... let me go holla at her..."

LOL...
Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:12 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I may have encountered a scenario like this.

On friday I met this female while Dun was here. I'd be curious of his perspective but I thought she was pretty much feeling the kid. Before I invited her to our table I met her at another table and she was all giddy so I was like, "I got to take a stab at this".

Eventurally she comes over and she talks. Cool "party girl" type but ah, I don't know about anythign else.

So then as she was about to leave she gives me her number (I didnt ask). She wanted to come to my party the next day but I already had a full house. I haven't called her yet but I figure I'll do that tomorrow and see if she wants to meet for drinks.

Point being sometimes you do have to strike while the iron is hot but sometimes you can't be too eager. This female I could tell was USED to cats approaching her and being the center of attention.
Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:05 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
LocationDon't Worry About It
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Laughing Okay, here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about, something that happened to me last summer:

I ran out Saturday morning just to pick up my dry cleaning and stop by the credit union...got in my car and saw I was on E. So I had to stop at the gas station. I had on a t-shirt I got my freshman year in college Laughing, a wrinkled ass khaki skort, some old beat up Nike flip-flops that used to be white & silver, now they're all gray Laughing, and my head was still wrapped up in my black silk scarf. So in other words, I was TO' DOWN, you hear me?! Laughing To make matters worse, I had to go in to pay for my gas 'cuz I didn't have the right wallet on me with my debit/credit cards. This guy saw me when I walked in and said, "You are the perfect woman JUST LIKE YOU ARE. You are dark-skinned and just [i]natural[/i]. Your skin is so pretty. I just KNOW you fine if you dressed up." Laughing Then he says, "Are you married?" I told him I was, he says, "That figures. All the good ones iz GONE." I'm just lookin' at him like... Confused He carries on like this the whole time we're in line, topping it off by saying, "Why don't women like brothas like me? I love da Lawd, got a good job, ain't livin' wit' my mama, none of dat!" I raised my eyebrow at the "i love da lawd" line 'cuz that fool had a can of Colt 45 - and it wasn't even 11 in the morning yet. Laughing

Now...would anybody here try to talk to me and I'm lookin' like I described above? I doubt it very seriously - but that happens quite a bit. Usually it's not that bad because I don't make a habit of leaving my house with a scarf on my head Laughing, but close enough. The one day you just throw something on to run a quick errand, everybody & their daddy is tryna holla. Laughing
Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:13 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: