Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Striking when the iron is HOT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul View previous topic
View next topic

Striking when the iron is HOT
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
LocationIn the wilderness, being a Prophet of Rage
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
BB's post (as well as some of the other comments) bring me to a question for the ladies:

Ladies, is it a BAD thing if a guy approaches you and you don't have all of your ducks in a row?

I'm thinking that it would be flattering to be approached (obviously, depending on the approach itself) when you aren't feeling all that approachable, for whatever reason.

Or would you rather that the guy waits until you're looking more "presentable"?

Sometimes, a guy may not have the luxury of waiting for another opportunity...

...but what do I know? Shoot... I'm about a step away from that VH-1 show "Can't Get A Date?"... LOL...
Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:31 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
LocationDon't Worry About It
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Laughing

It's not necessarily a bad thing...but you have to wonder what exactly that man is used to. Laughing Whenever that's happened to me, my first thought is always, "Why is this fool trying to talk to me lookin' like this? *I* wouldn't try to talk to me lookin' like this." But if I was interested, I never rejected somebody just because I wasn't lookin' my best. Like Prissy said - no matter what you do after that, you're always at least a step up from when he met you. Laughing
Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:37 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
LocationSinnin' and fallin' short.
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="PervertedMonk"]BB's post (as well as some of the other comments) bring me to a question for the ladies:

Ladies, is it a BAD thing if a guy approaches you and you don't have all of your ducks in a row?

I'm thinking that it would be flattering to be approached (obviously, depending on the approach itself) when you aren't feeling all that approachable, for whatever reason.

...but what do I know? Shoot... I'm about a step away from that VH-1 show "Can't Get A Date?"... LOL...[/quote]

Sometimes it makes me wonder what his motives are. Like does he think I have low self-esteem or something? Laughing I don't think that much into it, but I do think sometimes that if I am dressed like I just rolled out of bed and he's trying to holla that something is wrong with him. I would look at his ass if he rolled out like he just finished rolling around in dirt. Laughing
Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:49 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
noirprncess

Joined27 Sep 2005
Posts18132
LocationNorthern NJ
Bank4294967295
Bones29117.66 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="PervertedMonk"]BB's post (as well as some of the other comments) bring me to a question for the ladies:

Ladies, [b]is it a BAD thing if a guy approaches you and you don't have all of your ducks in a row? [/b]

...but what do I know? Shoot... I'm about a step away from that VH-1 show "Can't Get A Date?"... LOL...[/quote]

I don't think its a bad thing - just that I may feel less confident and self-conscience about not looking my best. But then I have always thought that a person's attitude and the quality of the person is more important than there appearance. That doesn't mean that I want a hobo to approach me tho.
Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:22 pm View user's profile Find all posts by noirprncess Send private message Yahoo Messenger
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]bb...dat nigga was drunk...

...and just how tight was the tee from your freshman year in college and just how short was the skort?[/color]
Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:11 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Laughing The tee wasn't tight at all Crying or Very sad and the skort was probably about mid-thigh. And that wasn't tight either. Laughing
Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:31 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]You know when there is fruit hanging on the tree, ain't too many looking at the leaves.[/color]
Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:24 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Ugh...shut up talkin' to me. Laughing
Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:27 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
NubianStorm

Joined20 Sep 2005
Posts9951
Bank0
Bones30804.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing

[quote]is it a BAD thing if a guy approaches you and you don't have all of your ducks in a row? [/quote]
[color=darkblue][b]
No, it is not a bad thing at all. Just makes ya wonder.

This exchange has just made me realize something...once when I was going home from work, there was this brother on the train who must have just gotten off from his job at a construction site. He had on some torn jeans, a t-shirt and a bag full of tools at his feet. His clothes were covered in this really light sheen of dust and he looked tired. There were paint splotches on his worn Timberlands and he had one of those mouth/nose masks that you see surgeons wear tied into his belt buckle. He looked really sexy to me. Laughing I almost asked him if he was giving out pap smears cuz of the mouth/nose mask, but, uh, I just watched him instead. He was cute and sexy in a rugged sort of way. So, I get it now.

You can be tore up in your own eyes, but something [i]about you[/i] could "speak" to the opposite sex. Someone else could see beyond your dusty clothes and paint splotches and imagine the "real you" underneath.[/b][/color]
Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:38 pm View user's profile Find all posts by NubianStorm Send private message Send e-mail
NubianStorm

Joined20 Sep 2005
Posts9951
Bank0
Bones30804.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkblue][b] Or I coulda just been horny. [/b][/color] Laughing
Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:39 pm View user's profile Find all posts by NubianStorm Send private message Send e-mail
Ms Pris

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts1843
LocationIn Pris Land
Bank0
Bones2978.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="PervertedMonk"][quote="NubianStorm"]Laughing
[color=darkblue][b]
I don't know PM, she said her hair was all over her head and that she had not slept for a full 24 hours. Prissy has a head fulla thick, long hair...I just can not imagine any sane dude looking at a tumble weed in scrubs who hasn't slept in a full day and going "Damn baby! Can I get ur paperwork?" Laughing

I thought men were visual creatures.[/b][/color][/quote]

I'd say that I am... in MsPris' case, what the guy found attractive differed from what she probably thought he'd find attractive (Bishop started a thread along those lines). Or, it could be a case where he's thinking "If she's this cute NOW, think of how she'll look when she's rested and stuff..." Or, maybe there was something about Pris that shined through the haggard exterior (like a pretty smile or something).

[/quote]Now you know I had to ask I was like dude why in the world did you approach me and was persistant. I WOULD NOT have given myself a second look. He said he saw me smiling on the phone and he thought why not!
Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:18 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Ms Pris Send private message
Ms Pris

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts1843
LocationIn Pris Land
Bank0
Bones2978.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I replied before I finish reading the thread.

PM it is not a bad thing but it makes me wonder and during the time I met ole boy I had like 3-4 encounters of folks trying to pick me up when I was not dressed. My sister told me to stop being mean you may meet someone you like.

BUT it makes me wonder.......
Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:27 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Ms Pris Send private message
Blackbear

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts19595
LocationHibernation
Bank0
Bones6593.72 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Being at your best is relative. just because you don't "think" you look good, don't mean you don't look good.

A few of the most arousing sights I have seen are black women dressed in sweat pants, a torn dirty sweat shirt, a head wrap and sandals....

They have that "naturael" look about them....gives me a woody just thinking about it.

Twisted Evil
Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:42 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Blackbear Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Hulkina"][b]Men really think about all of that?[/b] Most chicks I know wouldn't give a damn unless you and your breath smell like 4-day old ass. [i]*shrugs*[/i] Maybe we're not the type of chicks you all are trying to get next to. That's just too much thought IMO. So what if you get rejected, just holla. Well, converse, then holla. Cool[/quote]

...based on the recent comments in this thread, some women think about this as they're being approached... LOL...
Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:47 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
hope_springs

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts10185
Locationend zone
Bank4294967295
Bones24350.16 Bones
Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
I agree with what the other women have said, it makes you wonder what the man's motive is, but it's not a deal breaker to be approached when you're not looking your best.
Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:29 am View user's profile Find all posts by hope_springs Send private message
Blackbear

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts19595
LocationHibernation
Bank0
Bones6593.72 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="hope_springs"]I agree with what the other women have said, it makes you wonder what the man's motive is, but it's not a deal breaker to be approached when you're not looking your best.[/quote]

What the man's motive is???? Question

The man's motive when approaching you when "you're not looking your best" is the same as when he approaches you when you ARE looking your best. Twisted Evil

Y'all making this too damn complicated. Laughing
Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:08 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Blackbear Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Blackbear"]What the man's motive is???? Question

The man's motive when approaching you when "you're not looking your best" is the same as when he approaches you when you ARE looking your best. Twisted Evil

Y'all making this too damn complicated. Laughing[/quote]

I know, right?!? LOL...

OK, ladies... putting aside the drunks (as in BB's case), what motives could the man have that differ from when he steps to you when everything's in its proper place?
Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:26 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
hope_springs

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts10185
Locationend zone
Bank4294967295
Bones24350.16 Bones
Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
touche! Laughing
Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:50 pm View user's profile Find all posts by hope_springs Send private message
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
The motives are always the same whenever a man steps to you - that never changes. Laughing
Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:51 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
Blackbear

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts19595
LocationHibernation
Bank0
Bones6593.72 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="bb74"]The motives are always the same whenever a man steps to you - that never changes. Laughing[/quote]

Are you being persued by drunks?

Laughing
Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:15 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Blackbear Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: