Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Too Pretty to Find a Date?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul View previous topic
View next topic

Too Pretty to Find a Date?
blktiger

Joined06 Mar 2002
Posts1239
LocationLos Angeles
Bank0
Bones14049.34 Bones

Post Too Pretty to Find a Date? Reply with quote
Sup y'all. Do y'all think that a woman can be too pretty to get a date? That men would find this woman to be so attractive that she couldn't find a date because men were scared to approach her?

I mentioned this idea to one of my boys, and he said that this was a myth that only applies to white people. Laughing He said that most black men have no problem approaching women, so a really fine black woman would get hit on pretty much all day everyday. He thought that white dudes may be different when it comes to that. My response is that not so much quantity but quality that would be the issue.

What say y'all? Can a woman be too fine get a date?
Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by blktiger Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]I think that there are dudes who will approach any woman. There are dudes who will only approach women who they think they have a shot at (low hanging fruit). There are dudes who don't make any moves because women approach them.

I think the combination of these things means that there are some very pretty and fine women who don't get approached by dudes THEY find attractive.[/color]
Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:43 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
FancyBum

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
OK so that means that in the past when men that watched me for months and the most they ever uttered was "Hi" as they kept on walking were feeding me a line when they finally opened their mouths?

When they said stuff like "Women that are as attractive as you are usually have a man", "I would have approached you sooner but I thought you had a man" etc and so on variations... Laughing

All those news and magazine articles were bullshit when they said that highly attractive women are usually the ones at home alone on saturday night because men don't ask them out due to reason listed above along with fearing they would be rejected?
Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:54 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
doro7

Joined28 Mar 2002
Posts1356
LocationChicago
Bank0
Bones3835.26 Bones

Post Reply with quote
No.

Gorgeous or not, if you're halfway cordial with men - as long as they feel you're not gonna knock their head off for speaking to you - men will seek you out, at least to talk to, and, if interested, they'll (eventually) try to find out how available you are.

Last edited by doro7 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:57 pm View user's profile Find all posts by doro7 Send private message
GlossyLips

Joined28 Aug 2006
Posts4309
Bank0
Bones54997.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I had a conversation with a male friend about this a couple of months ago. He basically said he never tried to get with me in college because he figured I could have any dude I wanted. Surprised, I asked why he thought that. He said, "I used to hear dudes talking about you ALL THE TIME. I figured she can have anybody she wants. I'm not even going to try." I replied, "well that's funny, because out of all those dudes you used to hear talking about me, not one of them ever approached me!"

I imagine for a certain type of guy, I'm "unattainable." Then for others, I imagine I'm "low hanging fruit." Depends, I guess. I tend to wind up with someone who has approached ME, since I never approach guys.
Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:58 pm View user's profile Find all posts by GlossyLips Send private message
FancyBum

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="GlossyLips"]I had a conversation with a male friend about this a couple of months ago. He basically said he never tried to get with me in college because he figured I could have any dude I wanted. Surprised, I asked why he thought that. He said, "I used to hear dudes talking about you ALL THE TIME. I figured she can have anybody she wants. I'm not even going to try." I replied, "well that's funny, because out of all those dudes you used to hear talking about me, not one of them ever approached me!"

I imagine for a certain type of guy, I'm "unattainable." Then for others, I imagine I'm "low hanging fruit." Depends, I guess. I tend to wind up with someone who has approached ME, since I never approach guys.[/quote]

SAY IT AGAIN!!!! SAY IT AGAIN!!!!

I have had dudes I went to high school with come up to me when I returned home after a many year absence and tell me how they had huge crushes on me in school. Then wondered why they never saw me at any of the dances or school events. I never got asked to go and my parents would not allow me to attend alone.
Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:05 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
GlossyLips

Joined28 Aug 2006
Posts4309
Bank0
Bones54997.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I understand fear of rejection and whatnot (which is the main reason why I won't approach a guy), but come on, at some point you'd think they'd just "man up" and give it a shot! Laughing
Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:09 pm View user's profile Find all posts by GlossyLips Send private message
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones990061542.19 Bones

Post Re: Too Pretty to Find a Date? Reply with quote
[quote="blktiger"]Sup y'all. Do y'all think that a woman can be too pretty to get a date? That men would find this woman to be so attractive that she couldn't find a date because men were scared to approach her?

I mentioned this idea to one of my boys, and he said that this was a myth that only applies to white people. Laughing He said that most black men have no problem approaching women, so a really fine black woman would get hit on pretty much all day everyday. He thought that white dudes may be different when it comes to that. My response is that not so much quantity but quality that would be the issue.

What say y'all? Can a woman be too fine get a date?[/quote]

Well, have you ever found yourself unable to approach a woman because you thought she was so beautiful, out of your reach and might reject you?
Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:14 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="GlossyLips"]I understand fear of rejection and whatnot (which is the main reason why I won't approach a guy), but come on, at some point you'd think they'd just "man up" and give it a shot! Laughing[/quote]

How can someone "reject you" may I ask?? Don't you think Daise you should outgrow that??
Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:16 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
blktiger

Joined06 Mar 2002
Posts1239
LocationLos Angeles
Bank0
Bones14049.34 Bones

[quote="Mack"][quote="blktiger"]Sup y'all. Do y'all think that a woman can be too pretty to get a date? That men would find this woman to be so attractive that she couldn't find a date because men were scared to approach her?

Well, have you ever found yourself unable to approach a woman because you thought she was so beautiful, out of your reach and might reject you?[/quote]

I can't front. Yes. Crying or Very sad LOL

Especially in my younger days, I would be [size=9]kinda [/size]intimidated by a woman that I thought was super-fine (Beyonce/KD Aubert/Gabrielle Union.) But now that I'm older and touching on 30, I realize that life is too short to caught up in all that. Rejection sucks, but it don't last forever. Cool

But real talk, I would LOVE to meet some of these ultra-attractive women who are home alone on Saturday night. Where are they at, and can you send them blktiger's way? Twisted Evil
Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:20 pm View user's profile Find all posts by blktiger Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Unable to approach? Nah. Reluctant to approach? Closer to the truth. Trying to figure the right approach? Dead on.

Fancy, I always thought that the real pretty girls who never came to dances had better things to do...a better dance with better dudes. Young women are (used to be) great at hiding their insecurities from boys the same age. I know I NEVER considered that a pretty girl wasn't getting what and who she wanted.

Of course now that I'm older and realize that both rejection and success only come to those who TRY, there is no reason to NOT approach a woman unless she turns you off.[/color]
Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:23 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
GlossyLips

Joined28 Aug 2006
Posts4309
Bank0
Bones54997.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Marz"][quote="GlossyLips"]I understand fear of rejection and whatnot (which is the main reason why I won't approach a guy), but come on, at some point you'd think they'd just "man up" and give it a shot! Laughing[/quote]

How can someone "reject you" may I ask?? Don't you think Daise you should outgrow that??[/quote]

Marz, if I struck up friendly conversation with you and somehow worked it around to us hanging out, and you told me no...that would be rejection, no?

My ego is too frail for that. Laughing (Of course I recognize the irony going on here.)
Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:27 pm View user's profile Find all posts by GlossyLips Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

[quote="blktiger"]Sup y'all. Do y'all think that a woman can be too pretty to get a date? That men would find this woman to be so attractive that she couldn't find a date because men were scared to approach her?

I see the point of his premise but it's too limited. You better believe some dudes(bruhs) are intimidated by universally agreed VERY DROP DEAD ATTRACTIVE women.

The answer in general is no and ironically these (the ones that aren't on some bullschit) are usually easier to approach especially outside of the usual meeting spots (clubs, happy hours and such).

But I'd like to hear from the experts Smile
Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:30 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="GlossyLips"][quote="Marz"][quote="GlossyLips"]I understand fear of rejection and whatnot (which is the main reason why I won't approach a guy), but come on, at some point you'd think they'd just "man up" and give it a shot! Laughing[/quote]

How can someone "reject you" may I ask?? Don't you think Daise you should outgrow that??[/quote]

Marz, if I struck up friendly conversation with you and somehow worked it around to us hanging out, and you told me no...that would be rejection, no?

My ego is too frail for that. Laughing (Of course I recognize the irony going on here.)[/quote]

I'm gonna start a topic on this if you don't mind.. "Conquering REJECTION".. ok??
Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:31 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
GlossyLips

Joined28 Aug 2006
Posts4309
Bank0
Bones54997.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Marz"][quote="GlossyLips"][quote="Marz"][quote="GlossyLips"]I understand fear of rejection and whatnot (which is the main reason why I won't approach a guy), but come on, at some point you'd think they'd just "man up" and give it a shot! Laughing[/quote]

My ego is too frail for that. Laughing (Of course I recognize the irony going on here.)[/quote]

I'm gonna start a topic on this if you don't mind.. "Conquering REJECTION".. ok??[/quote]

ok
Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:43 pm View user's profile Find all posts by GlossyLips Send private message
FancyBum

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]Unable to approach? Nah. Reluctant to approach? Closer to the truth. Trying to figure the right approach? Dead on.

Fancy, I always thought that the real pretty girls who never came to dances had better things to do...a better dance with better dudes. [b]Young women are (used to be) great at hiding their insecurities from boys the same age. I know I NEVER considered that a pretty girl wasn't getting what and who she wanted.[/b]

Of course now that I'm older and realize that both rejection and success only come to those who TRY, there is no reason to NOT approach a woman unless she turns you off.[/color][/quote]

HC I come from a generation where I was taught to select from the men that chose me. That if I wasn't being choosen (at the time) that I was to be patient and continue to work on myself and my time would come. Aggression in girls/women was not an attractive quality and would cheapen me in the opinions of men making my choices of lessor quality. Hence my consternation.
Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:21 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
kimora

Joined04 Jun 2007
Posts4775
Bank0
Bones15924.04 Bones

Unfortunately there is some truth to this (be it black or white) and if a man lacks that sort of confidence in himself then he'd be doing said woman a favor by keeping it moving.
Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:31 pm View user's profile Find all posts by kimora Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]I can see that. Old dudes still feel that way about women...which is why they view most younger chicks as hoes. Guys my age are kind of split on the issue. A lot of them like the aggression that sistas come with now, but they don't trust it.[/color]
Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:46 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
FancyBum

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]I can see that. Old dudes still feel that way about women...which is why they view most younger chicks as hoes. Guys my age are kind of split on the issue. A lot of them like the aggression that sistas come with now, but they don't trust it.[/color][/quote]

And so we sit at home alone on Saturday night or go out in a pack of hyenas Laughing or we approach a man we think is attractive and in essense role our ovaries on the crap table hoping he won't think we're gold diggas or dyck starved. Even when "sport fucking" Laughing women prefer not to be treated like we're on the stroll.
Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:04 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]I think that a quick reference to Marz' "traditional date" thread will give you an idea of what can work with "today's man". It's really not that hard if you can unmarry yourself from a few notions that are now passe.[/color]
Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:13 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: