Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
From the WTF Files...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156, 157  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner View previous topic
View next topic

From the WTF Files...
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
LocationSinnin' and fallin' short.
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
It turns out there is such a thing as too much bacon, much to the chagrin of Ron Swanson.

An unsuspecting Swede found that out the hard way 7 a.m. Thursday after a whopping 600 kgs —that’s 1,322 pounds — tumbled from a trolley in the meatpacking district onto one early morning commuter.

“It’s a rather unusual accident, you might say,” police spokesperson Peter Adlersson told Sweden’s The Local.

The man sustained minor back injuries. His cholesterol levels are unknown.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/10/03/half-ton-of-bacon-falls-on-unsuspecting-man/#ixzz2gh50xcna

Last edited by QTPie on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:53 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]I used to work with a chick who's BF used to trip on her FB convos and shit. I mean would straight buck up if he didn't like how you were talking to her....regardless of what she said. She finally asked a number of her guy friends and co-workers to stop commenting on her page. She said she'd rather do that than un-friend people that she knew and dealt with IRL.[/color]
Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:20 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
noirprncess

Joined27 Sep 2005
Posts18132
LocationNorthern NJ
Bank4294967295
Bones29117.66 Bones

Post Reply with quote
In more WTF news....

Did you know that it's LEGAL for folks who are considered legally blind to have a gun permit in the state of Iowa?

Here is the sad but true article about it: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/09/iowa-law-gun-permit-blind-people?CMP=twt_fbo

The highlights from the article include the following quotes:

[quote]The Des Moines Register reports that Iowa law doesn't allow sheriffs to deny a permit to carry a gun in public based on physical ability. Blind people can obtain the permits for carrying a weapon in public because of changes to state law that took effect in 2011.

Jane Hudson with Disability Rights Iowa said keeping legally blind people from obtaining weapon permits would violate the Americans with Disabilities Act. She said federal law requires states to analyze a situation individually before denying a service.

[size=18][b]"The fact that you can't drive a car doesn't mean you can't go to a shooting range and see a target," Hudson said.[/b][/size] Idea

In Iowa, [b]Polk County officials said they have issued weapons permits to people who can't drive legally because of vision problems at least three times. Sheriffs in Jasper, Kossuth and Delaware counties say they've also granted permits to people with severe visual impairments.[/b][/quote]
Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:21 pm View user's profile Find all posts by noirprncess Send private message Yahoo Messenger
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, I saw that. So ridiculous. They are BLIND!
Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:25 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
Bootylicious

Joined14 Jun 2005
Posts8527
LocationYour Computer Screen!
Bank0
Bones95605.42 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="QTPie"][img]http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/killfacebook.png[/img]

An Oklahoma man has been charged with first-degree murder after allegedly killing a man who commented on a picture his girlfriend posted of herself on Facebook.

[b]Police say Antwion Courtez Martin, 20, went to the apartment of Edmond James Tyree[/b], 48, on July 17 and shot him dead. He also allegedly shot and wounded Tyree’s visiting friend Michael Joe Hale.

[/quote]
[color=olive]Edmond posted his address on Facebook? Shocked What other personal info is on there I wonder? Question [/color]
Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:27 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Bootylicious Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
LocationThrowin' some D's on it!!!
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
So I'm reading this story about an ex-NFL player whose upstate New York home [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2424520/Former-NFL-players-house-TRASHED-300-drunken-teens-Labor-Day-weekend-break-in.html]was broken into and trashed by about 300-400 kids throwing a party.[/url] These dumb ass kids posted pics of the party all over Facebook and Twitter. This story doesn't mention it, but I'm also hearing that some of the parents are talking about suing this guy because he revealed the names and pictures of some of the kids who were there.

So lemme get this straight: Your reprobate offspring trashes someone else's property, posts pics all over social media, but you wanna sue the homeowner instead of putting a foot up your own kid's ass??????
Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:30 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Bootylicious"][quote="QTPie"][img]http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/killfacebook.png[/img]

An Oklahoma man has been charged with first-degree murder after allegedly killing a man who commented on a picture his girlfriend posted of herself on Facebook.

[b]Police say Antwion Courtez Martin, 20, went to the apartment of Edmond James Tyree[/b], 48, on July 17 and shot him dead. He also allegedly shot and wounded Tyree’s visiting friend Michael Joe Hale.

[/quote]
[color=olive]Edmond posted his address on Facebook? Shocked What other personal info is on there I wonder? Question [/color][/quote]

I think they lived in the same apartment complex or something like that. I think she had issues with him before.
Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:51 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DamnYouAll"]So I'm reading this story about an ex-NFL player whose upstate New York home [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2424520/Former-NFL-players-house-TRASHED-300-drunken-teens-Labor-Day-weekend-break-in.html]was broken into and trashed by about 300-400 kids throwing a party.[/url] These dumb ass kids posted pics of the party all over Facebook and Twitter. This story doesn't mention it, but I'm also hearing that some of the parents are talking about suing this guy because he revealed the names and pictures of some of the kids who were there.

So lemme get this straight: Your reprobate offspring trashes someone else's property, posts pics all over social media, but you wanna sue the homeowner instead of putting a foot up your own kid's ass??????[/quote]

This pisses me off to no end. Why is no one locked up? Fuck saving those lil thugs. I hope their potential college admins see this shit and revoke their applications.
Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:54 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
New Judge Rules Baby’s Name Change Unconstitutional
BY: Stacie Bailey - 20 Sep '13 | On the Web
share this article!

This past August, Tennessee mother, Jaleesa Martin, was ordered by Judge Lu Ann Ballew to change the name of her son, “Messiah,” as it was labeled a title earned by Jesus Christ only. On Wednesday, Chancellor Telford E. Forgety, Jr. overturned Ballew’s decision ruling that the original order was unconstitutional.

A dispute between Jaleesa and the baby’s father, Jawaan McCullough, over Messiah’s last name turned into Judge Ballew ordering his first name changed as well. Messiah would then be named Martin Deshawn McCullough to include both parents’ names.

Her written order stated that “‘Messiah’ is a title that is held only by Jesus Christ,” and “Labeling this child ‘Messiah’ places an undue burden on him that as a human being, he cannot fulfill.”

Following an appeal hearing on Wednesday, Forgety ruled that Ballew had no basis for changing Messiah’s name and that her order violates the Establishment Clause of the U.S. Constitution. Both parents agreed to the name Messiah Deshawn McCullough.

Martin, who never stopped addressing her son as Messiah, calls the original ruling “ridiculous” and always remained confident that it would be overturned.

“Everybody’s just happy,” Martin said after the ruling. “I’m glad it’s over with, and I know they are too.”
Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
via Fox News
Sixth graders at Desoto Central Middle School spent three days learning about one of the most successful hip-hop artists and entrepreneurs in the nation. They were also tested on their knowledge about Jay-Z’s “resilience.”

A parent, who had a son in the English class, reached out to me – and she’s fired up. The mad mom asked to remain anonymous over fears of repercussions.

“One of the songs listed on the paper that was brought home was ‘Big Pimpin’,” she told me. “Another song talked about thug life. My child was getting an education about thug life.”

She could not believe that her child was learning about a man who sings songs that degrade women and glorify the thug life.

“When he pulled out the paper in his backpack in the car, I called my husband right then,” she told me. “I was furious. We talked about it until late that night. My husband was about to blow his top.”

The child’s parents contacted the school – hoping to get some answers. Instead, they got the brush-off.

“They made it sound like it was no big deal,” the mom told me. “They said the point of the assignment was because Jay-Z is successful.”

She said one school official even
chimed in that the rapper owns a professional sports team.

“I asked him what that had to do with anything,” the parent told me. “Let’s talk about somebody that is a success that has done good things – not thug life things.”

Using the school’s logic, the mom wondered why the school doesn’t assign lessons on Hugh Hefner or Larry Flynt.

“Either way, it’s all the same,” she said.

She said the same school official told her that no matter who they assigned the kids to learn about – that person would have something negative in their past.

“We are conservative,” she said. “We are Christian. And this was brought into my house. That’s why I was so furious. It was a moral issue.”

The little boy’s father was so livid that the school brushed off his wife he decided to write a letter to the school district:

“The page sent home was an eye-opener and I refuse to have my son subjected to today’s version on what should be accepted as okay and normal without knowing the facts,” the dad wrote.

“The facts are this page represented this thug in a positive way and calls him successful. Success to me doesn’t mean demeaning women, glorifying drugs and violence and flaunting money. Success should be about living decent and having respect for themselves and others.”
Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:09 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
SuggahB

Joined01 May 2003
Posts1328
LocationChicago
Bank0
Bones6928.96 Bones

Post Reply with quote
6 arrests made in vandalism of ex-NFL player Brian Holloway’s NY vacation home, more expected

By Associated Press, Published: September 27

ALBANY, N.Y. — Six people were arrested on charges they were among hundreds of young partygoers who trashed a former NFL player’s vacation home, and police said more arrests were expected.

The arrests on Thursday came after former New England Patriots and Los Angeles Raiders offensive lineman Brian Holloway said he signed papers authorizing the Rensselaer County sheriff to bring charges in the Labor Day weekend party, which was attended by up to 400 teenagers.

Holloway said that among those charged was a young man he had taken into his family for a time as a homeless teen, who’s accused of organizing and promoting the party. He said investigators have told him the number of people charged could end up in the hundreds as they work through the sheer volume of participants.

“Everyone that broke the law, I’m pressing charges against,” Holloway said. “The parents had a chance and students had a chance to come forward, and only four did.”

Holloway, who played offensive tackle for the Patriots and Raiders in the 1980s, gained national attention by reposting party pictures the teens had put on social media websites. He said he posted them on the website helpmesave300.com in an effort to get the teens to come forward, take responsibility for their actions and change their behavior.

Instead, he said, some parents were angry about his website and there was even a threatened lawsuit.

“I tried to be as accommodating as I could, but they took their stand by not showing up,” Holloway said.

The partiers caused at least $20,000 in damage to his rural vacation home near the Massachusetts border in Stephentown, including broken windows and holes in the wall, he said.

Police said a ringleader of the party was 19-year-old Seth Hawk, the young man Holloway said he had taken into his family a few years ago. Hawk, of Grafton, faces felony charges of burglary and criminal mischief and misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of a child and unlawfully dealing with a child. He’s accused of advertising the party and providing alcohol.

Three of the other arrested people face felony charges including burglary and larceny, and two are charged with misdemeanors, including trespassing. They range in age from 17 to 21.

A phone number wasn’t available for Hawk, and authorities said they didn’t know the names of the arrested people’s lawyers.

Holloway said Hawk was a classmate of his son and had a troubled youth but found stability living as part of his family when he was about 15. He said hearing about Hawk’s involvement “was a shocker.”

“We’re still pulling for him,” he said. “This may be the thing to get him on track.”
Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:20 pm View user's profile Find all posts by SuggahB Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Glad he decided to press charges. Fuck the sorry ass parents who want to sue him instead of putting a foot up their own kid's asses.
Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:38 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
LocationDon't Worry About It
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Laughing So the parents want to sue him for putting their kids on his website...but he got the pictures from the ones THE KIDS posted themselves all over Twitter & Instagram, right? Fucktards. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Those kids need to go to jail and be forced to do restitution. They can start by cleaning up that man's house. Ridiculous.
Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:04 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Sheriff: Suspect's Wife Filed Rape Charge Against Pastor Before Shooting
Sept. 30, 2013
By ALYSSA NEWCOMB

[img]http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/AP_woodrow_karey_jt_130928_16x9_992.jpg[/img]

The wife of a deacon accused of gunning down a pastor during a church service had filed a rape complaint against the preacher two days before he was fatally shot, a Louisiana sheriff said today.

Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Tony Mancuso said investigators are trying to determine whether the deacon's wife had a consensual relationship with the pastor or if she had been the vicitim of an assault.

"We are looking at the possibility of that as a motive," Mancuso told ABCNews.com.

He said authorities have seen text messages exchanged between Woodrow Karey's wife and Pastor Ronald J. Harris Sr., and hope obtaining more phone records will shed light on the relationship between the pair.

Karey entered the Tabernacle of Praise Worship Center in Lake Charles, La., Friday evening during the service and initially shot Harris with a shotgun, police said. After striking Harris, Karey allegedly shot him again at close range before fleeing.

The shooting happened during an evening revival service in front of more than 60 congregants, including the pastor's wife, police said.

Kim Myers, the public information officer for the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office, said Karey fled on foot to the end of the street and then called the sheriff's department to turn himself in.

After deputies arrived, Karey showed them the shotgun allegedly used in the shooting in addition to a .22-caliber pistol that he had hidden in a wooded area.

He was arrested without incident on a charge of second-degree murder and held on $1 million bail. According to police he has no previous arrest record.
Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Oh. Now that I know why he did it. Oh well. Sucks to be dead. Razz

[size=3]*she better not be lying*[/size]
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:04 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
bella

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts25155
LocationSitting on the edge of insanity...
Bank0
Bones20518.48 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I knew it would come out that he did something to somebody's kid or wife.
Sad that it was the first thought that came to my mind, but this is where we are these days. Confused
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:43 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bella Send private message Send e-mail
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Ariel Castro 'died of auto erotic asphyxiation' and NOT suicide. Had pants round his ankles when guards cut him down

Ohio officials suggest in a new report it's possible Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro may have died of auto-erotic asphyxiation, not suicide.

A report from the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction says Castro's pants and underwear were pulled down to his ankles when he was found.

It also says Castro did not leave a suicide note and 'multiple levels of assessment' did not find tendency toward suicide

The state forwarded those facts to police to consider the possibility of auto-erotic asphyxiation, whereby individuals achieve sexual satisfaction by briefly choking themselves into unconsciousness.

The report also says two prison guards falsified logs documenting their observation of Castro in the hours before he killed himself.

The report says video indicates no checks were done on Castro at least eight times before he died.

Earlier details about his death, which was originally believed to be a suicide, revealed that he had a handwritten list of Bible verses and the names of all of his children and grandchildren

A Bible open to the book of John was also found when prison guards discovered his lifeless body hanging from a hinge from his cell window using a bedsheet.

Franklin County Coroner Jan Gorniak said she's awaiting toxicology results before issuing a final report on Castro's September 3 suicide. The preliminary notes indicate he suffered from hardening of the arteries.

The significance of why he had the Book of John open at the time of his death is unknown, but some of the more prominent stories told in that section of the Bible include descriptions of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.

Castro, 53, pleaded guilty in August to nearly 1,000 counts related to his imprisonment of three women in his Cleveland home for a decade, including aggravated murder – for forcing one of the victims to miscarry – kidnapping, rape and other crimes.

Castro kidnapped the women- Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry, and Gina DeJesus- between 2002 and 2004 when they were 14, 16 and 20 years old.

One of the women escaped May 6 and alerted authorities, at first bringing joy to the city where they had become household names after years of searches and vigils, then despair as details of their treatment emerged.

Castro's suicide is the subject of three prison reviews. Two, looking at the circumstances of his death and at mental and medical health treatment he received beforehand, are due at month's end.

A third review is being done by two nationally known prison conditions experts. That review, announced this week, also examines the Aug. 4 suicide of death row inmate Billy Slagle three days before his scheduled execution.

The study, due November 15, will also examine prison suicides over the past two years and make recommendations for any changes to the state's policies and procedures for stopping inmates from killing themselves.
Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:18 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Erin Cox, Massachusetts Teen, Punished By School After Trying To Drive Home Intoxicated Friend
The Huffington Post | By Rebecca Klein
Posted: 10/14/2013 2:33 pm EDT

When Massachusetts high school senior Erin Cox went to pick up an intoxicated classmate from a party, she thought she was doing the right thing. However, administrators at North Andover High School are punishing her for the deed, citing the school’s zero tolerance policy on drugs on alcohol.

Cox, an honor student and volleyball star, received a cell phone message from an intoxicated friend asking for a ride home from a party earlier this month, according to the Boston Herald. However, Cox arrived at the party at the same time as the police, who were arresting a slew of students for underage drinking.

While Cox was cleared by police who recognized her sobriety, her school has given her a harsh punishment. The 17-year-old was stripped of her title as captain of the volleyball team, and she was suspended from five games.

“But I wasn’t drinking,” Cox told the Boston Herald. “And I felt like going to get her was the right thing to do. Saving her from getting in the car when she was intoxicated and hurt herself or getting in the car with someone else who was drinking. I’d give her a ride home.”

The Cox family filed a lawsuit against the school on Friday in an attempt to get officials to reverse the punishment. However, the district court judge ruled the court did not have jurisdiction over the issue, local station WBZ-TV reports.

“If a kid asks for help from a friend, you don’t want that kid to say ‘I’m sorry I can’t help you. I might end up in trouble at school,’” Cox family attorney Wendy Murphy told the outlet.

However, an attorney for the school told the Boston Herald that officials are standing firm on the punishment.

The district could not be reached for further comment at this time.

The Cox family is now hoping that pressure from supporters will persuade school officials to reverse their decision. A Reddit thread about the incident has already amassed more than 1,000 comments, most of which are in support of Cox.

“Better warn all students that they are not allowed to attend any party or enter an establishment that serves alcohol. That means no Applebee's, no family gatherings, and no professional sporting events. Eventually they will be imprisoned in a small room where they will not be allowed to leave unless they have a game or until they graduate,” user Drewkat99 said in a comment.

Cox told the Herald she feels “defeated,” but she said she doesn't regret her actions: "It was the right thing,” she said.
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:40 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I don't want to send my kid to school. Ever.
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:44 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Kinda old...but damn.[/color]

[size=18][b]Daughter's brutally honest obit for her mom goes viral[/b][/size]

[i]By Audra Schroeder on September 13, 2013[/i]

On Sept. 10, the Reno Gazette-Journal published the obituary of Marianne Theresa John­son-Reddick, who passed away at age 78 in Reno, Nevada. But this was not your typical fond remembrance for a loved one.

It was penned by her daughter, Katherine Reddick, who described a childhood of abuse and neglect. Reddick and her siblings were often in and out of foster homes, and her mother allegedly ran an escort service in Nevada. They’d been estranged for three decades. Reddick now works for the Pflugerville Independent School District in Texas.

After it went viral, her brother, Patrick, told the Associated Press that the purpose of the obit was "to bring awareness to child abuse ... shame child abuse overall." He and his sister both testified in the Nevada Legislature in 1987 on a bill regarding termination of parental rights.

The paper has since run a correction to the obit, which ran online and in print. The date of death was Aug. 30, not Sept. 30. They also pulled the listing from the Web indefinitely, as it was a paid placement to their self-service online portal. In a note to readers, the paper's publisher, John Maher, stated, "We’ve removed the online listing of this obituary as we continue our review of the circumstances surrounding its placement. Once we’ve completed our review, we’ll determine what, if any, further actions are required."

Here is the full text, pre-correction:

[i]Marianne Theresa Johnson-Reddick born Jan 4, 1935 and died alone on Sept. 30, 2013. She is survived by her 6 of 8 children whom she spent her lifetime torturing in every way possible. While she neglected and abused her small children, she refused to allow anyone else to care or show compassion towards them. When they became adults she stalked and tortured anyone they dared to love. Everyone she met, adult or child was tortured by her cruelty and exposure to violence, criminal activity, vulgarity, and hatred of the gentle or kind human spirit.

[b]On behalf of her children whom she so abrasively exposed to her evil and violent life, we celebrate her passing from this earth and hope she lives in the after-life reliving each gesture of violence, cruelty, and shame that she delivered on her children. Her surviving children will now live the rest of their lives with the peace of knowing their nightmare finally has some form of closure.[/b]

Most of us have found peace in helping those who have been exposed to child abuse and hope this message of her final passing can revive our message that abusing children is unforgiveable, shameless, and should not be tolerated in a “humane society”. Our greatest wish now, is to stimulate a national movement that mandates a purposeful and dedicated war against child abuse in the United States of America.[/i]
Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156, 157  Next
Page 155 of 157

Jump to: