Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Legal Question About the N-Word

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner View previous topic
View next topic

Legal Question About the N-Word
doro7

Joined28 Mar 2002
Posts1356
LocationChicago
Bank0
Bones3835.26 Bones

Post Legal Question About the N-Word Reply with quote
From Marz's "Legal Minds" thread,

[quote="doro7"]A new question for the legal minds, one I had meant to create a new thread for (maybe I'll still do it later)....

If somebody calls me the N-word, what (if any) recourse do I have to fight him without getting an assault-and-battery rap?

If a brotha had rushed the stage and slaughtered Michael Richards during his N-word rant, could he have claimed any mitigating circumstance by which he wouldn't have gotten an assault-and-battery?

If the above scenario happened, and one was charged, what would be the odds of getting a misdemeanor vs. a felony?[/quote]
Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:43 am View user's profile Find all posts by doro7 Send private message
racine

Joined25 Jun 2007
Posts2431
LocationI Will Set Trip, Thru Yo Hood Bitch!
Bank0
Bones5705.50 Bones

Post Reply with quote
No recourse.
Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:48 am View user's profile Find all posts by racine Send private message
mikethought

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="racine"]No recourse.[/quote]

I 'ont know. As an affirmative defense? I think it depends upon the state. Let me tell a story right quick.

I was in Northhampton Mass. living with my wife (#2) we had an upstairs neibor that was a hustler. His white ass would sell to kids of any age. Plus he was racist as hell. He called my wife a black b...and that was it for me. I went up to confront him. In my head I was gonna stomp the shit outta him. Laughing I wasn't thinking about jail or nothin'.

Anyway, he opened the door like " What the fuck you want boy?" I went off and started trying to get him to come out the door. HE came back with a shotgun and said " You know what yall niggers problem is? You need to be knocked back to slavery times to learn some respect for the whitema...urk. I lost it and just choked the shit outta him. Laughing My wife and some friends finally got me loose. HE went and called the police. When they came, he actually admitted he called me a nigger. They locked him up. It turned out that in Mass. It's against the law to call someone ANY racial slur.( a misdemeanor) I had to pay to file a civil warrant against him, but still...I ain't care, he got 6 months.

I got to laugh.Hard

So, check your local laws, you never know.
Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:03 am Find all posts by Anonymous
hope_springs

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts10185
Locationend zone
Bank4294967295
Bones24350.16 Bones
Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
[quote="racine"]No recourse.[/quote]

Agreed.
Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:09 am View user's profile Find all posts by hope_springs Send private message
mikethought

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
You two have heard of hate crimes ?
Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:14 am Find all posts by Anonymous
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
LocationIn the wilderness, being a Prophet of Rage
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="mikethought"]You two have heard of hate crimes ?[/quote]

Good luck trying to argue that a physical reaction to a verbal taunt (no matter how hateful) is a proper defense.

If someone calls you a nigger, you can't punch 'em in the jaw and expect to not get charged. I think your story is an exception, Mike... especially since the racist that taunted you came to the door with a shotgun.

And it may be against the law to call someone a racial slur, but that doesn't justify the use of physical force in retaliation. In normal cases, you can't argue that you were in 'imminent danger.'
Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:45 am View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
racine

Joined25 Jun 2007
Posts2431
LocationI Will Set Trip, Thru Yo Hood Bitch!
Bank0
Bones5705.50 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="mikethought"]You two have heard of hate crimes ?[/quote]

It has to be a crime first.
Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:56 am View user's profile Find all posts by racine Send private message
DYM0LISHN

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts8744
LocationAO's Calvary
Bank0
Bones13463.10 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Come here and answer me please

So here in 2008 some 11 years after my first scenarios and questions were left to mildew and wither I put this to the black women here:

Honestly as a sick person can, tell me how you would feel if you woke up tomorrow and all black folk on the planet had straightened hair like yours?...including your brothers...nephews...husbands...boyfriends...cousins...husbands...children and all the black folk in Africa, Haiti, Cuba...and everywhere else we are found?

I will not hold my breath, as I prepare to witness this thread to descend like a rock?
Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:10 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DYM0LISHN Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: