Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Kwame, Kwame, Kwame...O how the mighty have fallen
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner View previous topic
View next topic

Kwame, Kwame, Kwame...O how the mighty have fallen
westphilly37

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts15181
LocationGA Central
Bank4294967295
Bones40261.00 Bones

Post Kwame, Kwame, Kwame...O how the mighty have fallen Reply with quote
[quote]
Detroit mayor faces felony charges
Story Highlights
NEW: Mayor Kilpatrick: "I look forward to complete exoneration"

Prosecutor announces perjury, other charges against Detroit mayor, ex-aide

Detroit paper reported in January romantic text messages between the two

Allegations of an affair arose during whistle-blower trial involving two officers

DETROIT, Michigan (CNN) -- Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and an ex-aide were charged Monday with perjury and obstruction of justice after prosecutors said sexually explicit text messages between the two contradicted their sworn court testimony.

Kilpatrick defiantly declared his innocence just an hour after the charges were announced.

"This has been a very flawed process from the beginning," said Kilpatrick at a press conference Monday. "I look forward to complete exoneration."

Kilpatrick, who is married, has been snarled in a well-publicized sex scandal since January after The Detroit Free Press reported he exchanged romantic text messages with his then-chief of staff, Christine Beatty.

The paper reported in January that in an analysis of nearly 14,000 text messages on Beatty's city-issued pager, it found some from 2002 and 2003 that indicated the two were having a romantic affair.

The newspaper report contradicted testimony Kilpatrick gave last August in a court case brought by police officers against the mayor and the city of Detroit alleging the mayor retaliated against the officers for their role in investigating his office. Critics alleged that Kilpatrick committed perjury in the case and called for his resignation.

In testimony during that case, Kilpatrick and Beatty both denied having a romantic relationship. Beatty resigned as Kilpatrick's chief of staff on January 28.Watch a report about the messages »

Prosecutor Kym Worthy said she charged Kilpatrick and Beatty with multiple counts of perjury, obstruction of justice and misconduct in office in a 12-count indictment. The most serious charges carry a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison.

Worthy also said others may be charged in the case. She asked Kilpatrick and Beatty to turn themselves in by Tuesday morning. Watch the press conference »

"Even children understand that lying is wrong. Witnesses must give truthful testimony," she said.

Worthy had strong words for Kilpatrick during a press conference Monday and said city officials tried to hamper her investigation.

"At every bend and turn there have been efforts by the city to block our investigation," she added. "We had to go to court to get documents we subpoenaed on January 31. We have been told some other documents have been destroyed."

Last week, the Detroit City Council voted seven to one to ask Kilpatrick to resign, a city clerk said. The vote was non-binding and Kilpatrick has continued on the job.

Kilpatrick offered an abject apology to his constituents January 30, but remained adamant he would not resign.

"I truly apologize to each and every one of you, individually and to the whole city," Kilpatrick said in a sometimes emotional televised statement.

Sitting next to his wife, Carlita, he also apologized to "my entire family, and specifically to the four people I love most in this world" -- his wife and his sons, 12-year-old twins Jelani and Jalil and 6-year-old Jonas.

"Over the past few days, there has been some speculation about who is in charge of the city," Kilpatrick said. "Make no mistake about it: Since 2002, I have been in charge of the city. There have been ups and downs. There have been hills and mountains and valleys, but through it all, I remain in charge of the city."

On speculation regarding a possible resignation, the mayor said, "Let me be clear: I would never quit on you. Ever. We've got a lot of work to do, and with your help, I'm going to continue to lead this city in getting the work done."

Kilpatrick was frank about the pain the allegations have caused his family. "I'm responsible for that," he said.

"For the first time in my life, I had to have a conversation with my 12-year-old twin sons about very grown-up things. It was, without a doubt, the hardest conversation that I've ever had in my entire life."

Regarding his wife, he said, "Our marriage has not been perfect, but it has been great. Now I've put her in a situation which many couples deal with in the privacy of their own homes. But in our case, it's on the front page of the newspaper."

Carlita Kilpatrick also spoke. "Yes, I am angry. Yes, I am hurt and I am disappointed, but there is no question that I love my husband," she said. The couple has been working "through some very painful issues" with help from their pastor and others, she said.

"Our family has endured the most painful and intrusive week of our lives," she said. "Our most intimate issues have been laid out for all to see. ... However, this private matter is between me, my husband and God. We are deeply committed to working through these issues together as a family."

The mayor and his wife urged Detroit residents -- and the media -- to allow them privacy and space.

"If you have to attack someone, attack me," Kilpatrick said. "I would ask that you don't follow my wife, you don't film my kids going to school. I ask you not to have helicopters flying around our home. I ask that you leave them alone. I am the mayor. I made the mistake. I am accountable."

He said he could not discuss specifics of the situation because of pending "legal issues."

Kilpatrick said he knew residents have been waiting to hear from him, but last weekend, for the first time since he took office six years ago, "I just put everything aside and focused on my family."

He said he told his sons that when you make a mistake, "you learn from it. You get up, you dust yourself off and you keep moving forward," adding that he hopes the city will keep moving forward.

"God bless you, Detroit," he said. "I love you, and I'll see you at work tomorrow."

[/quote]
Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by westphilly37 Send private message
noirprncess

Joined27 Sep 2005
Posts18132
LocationNorthern NJ
Bank4294967295
Bones29117.66 Bones

Post Reply with quote
he is going DOWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNN
Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:50 pm View user's profile Find all posts by noirprncess Send private message Yahoo Messenger
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
what does he mean that he won't step down? Laughing damn, Detroit, handle this bullshit! Change the locks on that fool already
Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:51 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
kimora

Joined04 Jun 2007
Posts4775
Bank0
Bones15924.04 Bones

Post Reply with quote
He should have been ousted a loooooong time ago with his do nothing ass
Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:55 pm View user's profile Find all posts by kimora Send private message
Seven

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts2175
Bank0
Bones3552.40 Bones

Post Reply with quote
How can they use text-messaging as a point of fact that the man cheated?
Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:57 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Seven Send private message
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
they should have never re-elected his ass. Detroit looks even more bombed out and depleted than Bagdad after shock and awe, you call 9-1-1 right now and the police will get to you NEXT WEEK, literally and this fool up in the mayor's office playing around like he in 7th period study hall Confused

Detroit, I don't blame that nigga for doing what he do, I blame yall for letting him get away with it.
Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:58 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
kimora

Joined04 Jun 2007
Posts4775
Bank0
Bones15924.04 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Exactely......dumb ass niggas down there fallin for the okey doke cause he wear a earing in his ear like they do....... Rolling Eyes
Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:00 pm View user's profile Find all posts by kimora Send private message
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Seven"]How can they use text-messaging as a point of fact that the man cheated?[/quote]

have you seen the text messages? Laughing if that nigga wasn't cheatin' he shouldn't been playin' like he was Laughing I have known niggas to get shot for less than what Kwame The Mad Mayor was textin'
Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:03 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
Seven

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts2175
Bank0
Bones3552.40 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="OHbrotha"][quote="Seven"]How can they use text-messaging as a point of fact that the man cheated?[/quote]

have you seen the text messages? Laughing if that nigga wasn't cheatin' he shouldn't been playin' like he was Laughing I have known niggas to get shot for less than what Kwame The Mad Mayor was textin'[/quote]
Laughing
Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:15 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Seven Send private message
BobbyDigital

Joined03 Aug 2002
Posts7583
LocationBlack Hollywood
Bank0
Bones21765.78 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote][b]WHAT TEXT MESSAGES SHOW[/b]
9/12/02, 10:38 p.m., during trip to Washington, D.C.

Christine Beatty: Can I just come and lay down in your room until you get back?

Kwame Kilpatrick: Yes.

9/13/02, 9:02 a.m. (the next morning)

KK: They were right outside the door. They [the mayor's bodyguards] had to have heard everything...

CB: So we are officially busted! LOL

KK: LOL LOL! Damn that. Never busted. Busted is what you see! LOL. ...

CB: LOL, LOL. Damn, so they have to walk in before you conceed busted! LOL.

KK: Hell yeah. Walk in.

9/15/02, 3:38 a.m. (still in Washington)

CB: I'm on my way to your room now. But by the time you get there I'll be sleep and it will be 5am!

KK: I got something for you.

CB: LOL. Is that so? I'm in your room. Don't let Mike check it [an apparent reference to Mike Martin, a bodyguard who often traveled with the mayor]. Are you in route or still hanging? What do you have for me?

9/24/2002, 6:56 p.m.

CB: This is one of those little things I had to tell you. Last night when I was laying on your shoulder in the car and you held my face and sang whatever song it was, that felt so good. It was just one of those little moments when you just made me fall some more.

9/28/2002, 11:53 p.m.

CB: Where are you now?

KK: At home waiting for all EP [executive protection unit officers] to leave. Where are you?

CB: At the residence inn in Madison hgts.

KK: What rm?

CB: ...I'm in room 311 in bldg 3 in the back.

10/7/2002, 11:20 p.m.

CB: OK, I'm feeling like I want another night like the most recent Saturday at the Residence Inn! You made me feel so damn good that night. As you can see I can't let it go! ...

KK: I feel that we can do that in WV [West Virginia] + just relax together. I need you soooo bad. I want to wake up in the morning and you are there. Make it happen. Love ya.

10/8/2002, 10:18 a.m.

KK: I'm fine. Need a break. I want to get out of town w/you. Check on resorts outside of Houston.

10/16/02, 11:48 p.m.

KK: I've been dreaming all day about having you all to myself for 3 days...relaxing, laughing, talking, sleeping and making love.

10/31/2002, 5:28 p.m.

KK: I'll feel better once I'm holding you.

CB: You didn't say whether or not we are trying for some time tonight.

KK: Definitely. I'm getting a room. Damn that!

CB: LOL. Okie dokie.

(Kilpatrick later tells her to pick up room key at Marriott)

11/1/2002, 12:28 a.m.

KK: 6301 or 6302?

CB: Definitely 6302! 6301 has two double beds.

4/8/2003, 8:55 p.m.

KK: I'm at Laker game. The security doesn't believe I'm mayor. Mike is pulling out all kind of shirt to prove it.

CB: And, did you miss me, sexually?

KK: Hell yeah! You couldn't tell. I want some more. Don't sleep!

5/5/2003, midnight

KK: That's the first time that I couldn't fully seduce you. My game is off. LOL! Thanx for the conversation and the QT! Love you!

CB: LOL! Your game is way on baby! "you had me at hello!" Jerry McGuire 2000. LOL. I just didn't want to get caught.[/quote]
Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:26 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BobbyDigital Send private message Yahoo Messenger
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
i might get in trouble for posting after that shit Laughing
Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:29 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
noirprncess

Joined27 Sep 2005
Posts18132
LocationNorthern NJ
Bank4294967295
Bones29117.66 Bones

Post Reply with quote
WAIT !

This is about some dumb texts from [b]2003[/b]?
Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:35 pm View user's profile Find all posts by noirprncess Send private message Yahoo Messenger
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones990061542.19 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="noirprncess"]WAIT !

This is about some dumb texts from [b]2003[/b]? [/quote]

No, it is no longer about the text messages on gov't issued devices. It is about him and her perjuring themselves by lying and costing the city of Detroit $9 million to settle lawsuits for employees terminated because of their lies.

It's not about the fucking, it's when the fucking ends up compromising the functioning of the government or costing money.

If they had confessed, he could still be mayor.
Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
matthew

Joined19 Oct 2005
Posts10554
LocationWashington, DC
Bank0
Bones35912.18 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Crazy. I'm headed to Detroit tomorrow. I can't wait to get the download when I'm there.
Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:11 pm View user's profile Find all posts by matthew Send private message
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
don't fall on your apple like Charlie Rose, Matthew...
Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:38 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
Seven

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts2175
Bank0
Bones3552.40 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Kwame needs to take lessons from NY Gov David Patterson. You have to love his innovative strategy of admitting to everything that would send virtually every politician into another line of work:

Paterson Admits To Illegal Drug Use In The Past, Including Cocaine
March 24, 2008

In an exclusive interview on NY1's “Inside City Hall” Monday night, the state's new governor elaborated on recent revelations from his personal life and offered up some new ones, this time regarding illegal drug use.

In a one-on-one interview with political anchor Dominic Carter, David Paterson spoke candidly about his past, admitting to illegal drug use, but not since the late 70s.

Carter: Marijuana?

Paterson: Yes.

Carter: Cocaine?

Paterson: Yes.

Carter: You have used cocaine governor?

Paterson: I'd say I was about 22-23. I tried it a few times, yes.

The interview marked the one-week anniversary of Paterson's swearing-in, for which the honeymoon was barely hours long.

The next day, Paterson and his wife called a news conference to admit they'd both been involved in affairs.

The governor again addressed his now-widely known marital problems, but wouldn't say how many affairs he'd had. He did, however, admit for the first time that he and his wife, Michelle, were separated for several years. But if the governor was uncomfortable with the questions about his marital life, he didn't reveal it.

"I feel badly about the situation, but I don't feel badly about speaking out about it. I thought that's what the public asked elected officials to do," he said.

Paterson says his candor is all part of an effort to move the state forward.

"I have tried to be open and transparent in the way that the public would ask,” he said. “I've given the information that obviously there are situations where there could be discussions ad nauseum about this kind of thing, but I am trying to focus on the job that I have risen to as a result of our constitution."

Paterson says he hopes to now focus his full attention on Albany, where he hopes to help close a $4.6 billion budget deficit gap within the next week.

During the interview, he steered the conversation back to the difficulties of the state and his role as governor. In light of a possible recession, a $4.6 billion deficit, and a budget due in a week, Paterson has already scrapped $800 million in state spending.

"Our national economy is reeling and I don't think that all of the legislators have understood the impact that it will have on our economy unless we take action now," he said.

As for his disgraced predecessor, Paterson says the former running mates haven't talked since the swearing in, but he did receive a swearing-in day note from former Governor Eliot Spitzer’s wife Silda Wall Spitzer.

"She wished us well. She said that she thought Michelle was going to be a great First Lady. She thought that I would be an outstanding governor. She said that even in the tumult of their lives, that Eliot was happy that he chose someone who knew how to run government," said Paterson.

But when the questions shifted back to the governor’s personal life, Paterson said it’s unlikely any of his confessions will lead to his resignation, unless:

"Well, maybe one night if I just get frustrated and jump across the desk and kill you for all these questions you’re asking me, Dominic, I guess I'll have to step down as governor,” said Paterson.
Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:21 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Seven Send private message
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
damn, that blind man sure does get around Laughing that nigga is a pimp Laughing
Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:34 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
now that the Kwame story has "gone national" it's all over...we been talking about this fool forever...for once AO is ahead of the game
Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:35 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
Rock Star

Joined16 Nov 2004
Posts19420
Bank0
Bones58532.34 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[size=18]Kwame Kilpatrick: For Beginners[/size]

[img]http://parlourmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/thekwamebunch.jpg[/img]

Yesterday the nation wagged it’s collective tongue about Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and the felony charges brought against him for lying about an affair he had with his Chief of Staff, Christine Beatty, who is also facing charges. Haven’t heard about this episode of the Young, The Restless and The Colored? Welcome to the party, because we are all hella late!
First, this is not new. Actually, this has been going on for a while now. Most of us were just too busy focusing on other things (Obama, Spitzer, War, our own damn jobs, etc). Besides let’s face it, America doesn’t really care about Detroit. With the exception of a few national news blurbs, it wasn’t a hot issue which is interesting because this was much more than an affair, folks. A woman connected to this cluster-fuck of an administration was murdered. So to help you lovelies wrap your head around everything, we’re gonna “break this down so it will forever and always be broke” (we heart you Love Jones).

What we gonna do is go back…six years. Yes honey, and this is the simple version.
Presenting…
In almost-chronological order…
The Life & Times of Kwame Kilpatrick!

[b]2002[/b]
- Kwame is elected mayor of Detroit to much acclaim and fanfare (we admit it, we loved him).
- After being elected mayor of Detroit, Kwame allegedly throws a party, with strippers, at his state-owned official residence, the Manoogian Mansion. According to former members of his Executive Protection Unit (EPU), his wife Carlita comes home to find Kwame with the strippers and attacks one of the girls.
- Kilpatrick is found out to have charged over $210,000 in credit card bills. What was he buying? Spa massages, Moët, etc. He ended up paying the city back $9,000.

[b]2003[/b]
- Detroit Officer Harold C. Nelthrope contacts the internal affairs unit of the Detroit Police, about the party and other abuses committed by Kilpatricks’s EPU members.
- Kilpatrick denies all allegations and dismisses the party as a rumor. He went on to say that he does not have”‘lewd parties,” “I don’t whore around on my wife” and “I want people to understand that I would never disrespect my God, my wife or my children”.
- Nelthrope and Gary A. Brown, head of the internal affairs unit are fired. They allege they got the axe for their participation in Kilpatrick’s investigation. Then the pair sue the city of Detroit, in what is known as the Whistleblower Trial, eventually winning an $8.4 million settlement.
- Two additional officers come forth with claims of retaliation: Walt Harris and Alvin Bowman. Harris was a former EPU member who was identified as cooperating with the Manoogian investigation, which resulted in Harris suffering a smear campaign by Kilpatrick administration.
- Tamara “Strawberry” Greene, 27, an exotic dancer who claims to have been a performer at the Manoogian Mansion party is found dead after being shot 18 times. Witnesses describe it as a targeted hit. The bullets are found to have belonged to the same types of guns issued by the Detroit Police Department. Bowman, (listed above) who was working this case, was transferred out of the homicide unit after discovering these facts and attempting to connect the dots. The Greene family is currently suing the city of Detroit for about $150 million. This is also the catalyst for the text-messages being released to the Detroit Free press.

- Break! -

[b]2004[/b]
- Two police officers pull over Kilpatrick’s Chief of Staff (and now-alleged lover) Christine Beatty over for speeding. After yelling, “Do you know who the fuck I am?” Beatty calls Police Chief Ella Billy-Cummings to call the officers off. When this gets to the media, Kilpatrick, Beatty and Billy-Cummings claim the traffic stop was a “set-up” to harass Beatty. A slander suit ensues, eventually settling for $25,000.

[b]2005[/b]
- Kilpatrick is named one of the three worst big-city mayors in the United States by TIME Magazine. Seriously.
- Kilpatrick causes a stir with a newspaper advertisement that compares his media criticism to that of a lynching.
- Reporter Steve Wilson claims that the city had entered an expensive one year lease for a Red Lincoln Navigator, totalling $24,995; five dollars under the amount that required for the Detroit City Council’s approval. Kilpatrick, Beatty, Bully-Cummings and other members of the mayor’s staff deny that the Navigator was intended to be used by the mayor’s wife and children. Eventually, Kilpatrick admitted the Navigator was for his family. When Wilson tries to question Kilpatrick about the lease, a member of the mayor’s security team is seen on camera shoving Wilson against a wall. A Red Navigator? Shouldn’t we be trying to blend in?
- In a controversial election, he won the mayoral post again in 2005.

[b]2006[/b]
- Detroit news reports that Kilpatrick used $8,600 from his Kilpatrick Civic Fund, which was created for voter education, crime and economic empowerment, to take his family on a weeklong Californian vacation, which violated IRS regulations. Cameras caught Kilpatrick grabbing the microphone out of a reporter’s hand when questioned about this event.

[b]2007[/b]
- In what many saw as a move to help offset a large portion of funds needed to pay off his whistle blower settlement, Kilpatrick proposes selling 92 Detroit city parks.
- Both Kilpatrick and Beatty testify in court during the Whistleblower Trial, both denying their extramarital affair, and Kilpatrick denys having sex with other women.

[b]2008[/b]
- In January, The Detroit Free Press reveals and examines the 14,000+ text messages sent between Kilpatrick and Beatty during 2002 and 2003. These texts are during the time period of the Manoogian Mansion party and the firing of Gary Brown (remember!). In addition the text messages reveal: they were sexing like rabbits, they plotted to get rid of Gary brown among other things and apparently were afraid to get caught.
- On March 11, Kilpatrick delivers his State-of-the-City address. After typical positive city news and recognition, Kilpatrick addresses the scandal and controversy surrounding his time in office. His statement includes: [i]“…In the past 30 days I’ve been called a nigger more than anytime in my entire life. In the past three days I’ve received more death threats than I have in my entire administration. I’ve heard these words before but I’ve never heard people say them about my wife and children. I have to say this because it’s very personal to me. I don’t believe that a Nielsen rating is worth the life of my children or your children. This unethical, illegal lynch mob mentality has to stop. And it’s seriously time…”[/i]
-On March 18th, the Detroit City Council passed a resolution asking Kilpatrick to resign, but Kilpatrick dismissed the vote as irrelevant.
- March 24, 2008. County Prosecutor Kym Worthy (and her fabulous blow-out) announces a 12-count indictment against Kilpatrick and Beatty. Felony charges include perjury, misconduct and obstruction of justice. He states he expects “full and complete vindication.”

This all could have been avoided if he just would’ve gone to the strip club, tipped Kiki a $20 and kept it movin’.

[i]Source: Parlour Magazine Blog[/i]
Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:43 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Rock Star Send private message Send e-mail
NEAquarius

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts15542
Locationhere, there, everywhere
Bank0
Bones33553.70 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Jacquie Reid was interviewing one of the reporters who broke the story on Tom Joyner's show yesterday and Tom was getting indignant that the paper put Kwame's personal business out there. He wouldn't have had his personal business out there if he hadn't texted in the first place, fool.
Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:47 pm View user's profile Find all posts by NEAquarius Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: