Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Summa cum loony
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner View previous topic
View next topic

Summa cum loony
shadow777

Joined15 Jul 2007
Posts4122
LocationThe Dark Shadows
Bank0
Bones25393.12 Bones

Post Summa cum loony Reply with quote
guest column

By: Kristin Butler

Issue date: 5/15/08 Section: Columns

It seems anyone can get a college degree these days-especially if they go to North Carolina Central University.

Standards of integrity there have long been dismal: This is, after all, the school that gave violent felon Solomon Burnette a diploma in 2007. Burnette, you may recall, robbed two Duke students at gunpoint in 1997.

After finishing a 13-month prison sentence, he had the audacity not only to enroll in Arabic classes on our campus in April 2007; Burnette also penned a column I and many others interpreted as inciting physical violence against white Dukies in his student newspaper.

Unfortunately, however, 2008 marks a new low... even for NCCU.

Just this month, the university graduated Crystal Mangum, the drug-addled, mentally unstable prostitute who falsely accused three lacrosse players of raping her two years ago.

Mangum is an accomplished liar and criminal, and a credible school shouldn't have allowed her within 50 miles of its graduation ceremony.

Indeed, this is a woman who has maintained for more than two years that 20, five, and finally three Duke lacrosse players violated her orally, vaginally and anally in a bathroom the size of a broom closet. In her final version of the "assault," Mangum claimed this was possible because she was magically suspended in midair (by hooks and pulleys, perhaps?) as the three men attacked her.

In reality, Mangum-who arrived at the lacrosse players' party so drunk and high she could barely stand-may have feared another psychiatric commitment the morning of March 14, 2006, and so she accused three men of rape to garner sympathy.

As an aside, if anyone at NCCU still believes her story, I would invite them to review court records indicating Mangum had DNA from two unidentified men in her rectum; two more in her pubic region; one man in her vagina; and four to five men on her panties-none of whom were lacrosse players (a physical impossibility because Mangum said her attackers wore no condoms during the "rape").

And although her bold-faced lies ruined three young men's lives, they were a jackpot for Mangum: Within days, she was already using the "assault" to hustle pain meds from emergency room doctors, claiming "excruciating pain from the... beating." Sensing a lucrative civil settlement on the horizon, Mangum even bragged to a security guard at her strip club that she was "going to get paid by the white boys."
Sun May 18, 2008 12:07 am View user's profile Find all posts by shadow777 Send private message Send e-mail
shadow777

Joined15 Jul 2007
Posts4122
LocationThe Dark Shadows
Bank0
Bones25393.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Unsurprisingly, those actions constitute flagrant violations of NCCU's honor code, which prohibits: "lewd, indecent or obscene conduct (whether public or private)"; "violation of the alcohol policy, including binge drinking, use or personal possession of alcoholic beverages by undergraduate students;" and the real doozie, "knowingly making in public a false [oral or] written or printed statement with the intent to deceive and/or mislead or injure the character or reputation of another."

NCCU also touts itself as a "drug-free academic community," a claim that's hard to take seriously when one of the college's own students admits to turning tricks and getting high four or five nights per week. In fact, Mangum had overdosed on flexeril and booze when she was first picked up by police the night of March 14.

And that's what makes Mangum's latest milestone so infuriating: It demeans the accomplishments of thousands of hard-working, law-abiding Eagles who also graduated this May.

A Duke student committing even a fraction of those crimes would have been summarily expelled; being accused of them would be enough for an emergency suspension.

Because of the university's blatant refusal to enforce its own rules, I will never again take an NCCU degree seriously, and neither should any other self-respecting Dukie. NCCU's "seal of approval" no longer guarantees good character, and it's just too hard to tell the thugs and liars (like Burnette and Mangum) apart from the high-performing majority.

Now to be fair, NCCU is hardly the first public institution to give Mangum a pass. Durham police, prosecutors and even Attorney General Roy Cooper all opted not to indict her for filing false police reports, reasoning that she was too crazy to stand trial. (No word yet on how many legally insane people maintain a 3.0 GPA at a nationally accredited university.)

Still, NCCU's actions are morally bankrupt and far eneath the dignity of a nationally recognzed university. The damage that NCCU has done to its reputation is very serious, and it insults thousands of upstanding alumni.

With three kids, a nasty drug habit and psychiatric and criminal histories longer than my arm, Crystal Mangum probably needs all the good fortune she can get. But until she owns up to her malicious lies, she deserves no special favors-least of all from a publicly funded university.

Crystal Mangum is not a victim, and her actions meant two other former members of the Class of 2008 (their names are Reade Seligmann and Collin Finnerty, for the record) didn't graduate last weekend. Mangum's lies stole a year of their college careers, and it makes me sick to think of her celebrating her achievement while they (along with millions of legitimate rape victims harmed by her dishonesty) struggle to piece their lives back together.

Crystal Mangum may now have a signed and sealed police psychology degree, but she'll always be Public Enemy No. 1 in my book.

Kristin Butler, Trinity '08, is a former Chronicle columnist.

http://media.www.dukechronicle.com/media/storage/paper884/news/2008/05/15/Columns/Summa.Cum.Loony-3371900.shtml
Sun May 18, 2008 12:08 am View user's profile Find all posts by shadow777 Send private message Send e-mail
pacco96

Joined17 Sep 2005
Posts5011
Bank0
Bones18727.44 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Let me get this straight...

You're a conservative, preaching morality and money ( capitalist) which are tradeoffs, but don't take your ass to church? Got it, typical hypocrisy.

I'm not concerned about thet lying piece of rat turd, but I'm sure Magnum's life and reputation will overshadow her education or lack there of esp with folks like you leading the charge. [i]You a hoe and don't you forget it![/i]
Sun May 18, 2008 1:30 pm View user's profile Find all posts by pacco96 Send private message
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
LocationIn the wilderness, being a Prophet of Rage
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="shadow777"]Unsurprisingly, those actions constitute flagrant violations of NCCU's honor code, which prohibits: "lewd, indecent or obscene conduct (whether public or private)"; "violation of the alcohol policy, including binge drinking, use or personal possession of alcoholic beverages by undergraduate students;" and the real doozie, "knowingly making in public a false [oral or] written or printed statement with the intent to deceive and/or mislead or injure the character or reputation of another."[/quote]

The problem with this writer's rant is that even though the charges of rape were dropped against the lacrosse students, they were seemingly guilty of the same behavior (and violation of the honor code) as Magnum... but only Magnum's actions are highlighted. If Magnum's diploma should be stigmatized, then everyone that was involved with her should also be shunned. The writer's selective moral outrage is at best hypocritical.
Sun May 18, 2008 3:31 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Re: Summa cum loony Reply with quote
[quote="shadow777"]guest column

It seems anyone can get a college degree these days-especially if they go to North Carolina Central University.

Standards of integrity there have long been dismal: This is, after all, the school that gave violent felon Solomon Burnette a diploma in 2007. Burnette, you may recall, robbed two Duke students at gunpoint in 1997.

After finishing a 13-month prison sentence, he had the audacity not only to enroll in Arabic classes on our campus in April 2007; Burnette also penned a column I and many others interpreted as inciting physical violence against white Dukies in his student newspaper.
[/quote]

This Burnette guy was apparently tried and convicted, and FINISHED his sentence. She has a problem with someone who has done their time for their crimes who enroll into (and graduate from) college? As for her "interpretation" of Burnette's column, based on just what I read here, I believe that Burnette may have written something moderately reasonable or even angry, but she "interpreted" it as inciting violence against white students.

I see a future at Fox News for this writer.
Sun May 18, 2008 3:39 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
shadow777

Joined15 Jul 2007
Posts4122
LocationThe Dark Shadows
Bank0
Bones25393.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="pacco96"]Let me get this straight...

You're a conservative, preaching morality and money ( capitalist) which are tradeoffs, but don't take your ass to church? Got it, typical hypocrisy.

I'm not concerned about thet lying piece of rat turd, but I'm sure Magnum's life and reputation will overshadow her education or lack there of esp with folks like you leading the charge. [i]You a hoe and don't you forget it![/i][/quote]

>>>>You've have got to get out more brotha Pacco96' Taste a bit of the world. Sleep with some sistas for a change.
Indulge yourself with some good food, Read a good book. And for god sake, stop watching those homosexual sports shows. Blaming me because you hate being a traditional cuckquean is not good.
There are folks out here, who march to a senseable drum sound, that allows them to think past the norm.

Who' in the hell said i don't go to church?
Lol' if you were not interested in the article, why did you read it and then make a comment about it?

lol Now! i'm a hoe? lol Pacco' how did you find out about my trading my self as a boy toy, for a tank of gas?
Dang! words get around fast? lol lol
Mon May 19, 2008 12:52 am View user's profile Find all posts by shadow777 Send private message Send e-mail
shadow777

Joined15 Jul 2007
Posts4122
LocationThe Dark Shadows
Bank0
Bones25393.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Omega Phoenix"][quote="shadow777"]Unsurprisingly, those actions constitute flagrant violations of NCCU's honor code, which prohibits: "lewd, indecent or obscene conduct (whether public or private)"; "violation of the alcohol policy, including binge drinking, use or personal possession of alcoholic beverages by undergraduate students;" and the real doozie, "knowingly making in public a false [oral or] written or printed statement with the intent to deceive and/or mislead or injure the character or reputation of another."[/quote]

The problem with this writer's rant is that even though the charges of rape were dropped against the lacrosse students, they were seemingly guilty of the same behavior (and violation of the honor code) as Magnum... but only Magnum's actions are highlighted. If Magnum's diploma should be stigmatized, then everyone that was involved with her should also be shunned. The writer's selective moral outrage is at best hypocrit

>>>>Because of the university's blatant refusal to enforce its own rules,<<<<<<<<
Mon May 19, 2008 12:57 am View user's profile Find all posts by shadow777 Send private message Send e-mail
shadow777

Joined15 Jul 2007
Posts4122
LocationThe Dark Shadows
Bank0
Bones25393.12 Bones

Post Re: Summa cum loony Reply with quote
[quote="Omega Phoenix"][quote="shadow777"]guest column

[/quote]

This Burnette guy was apparently tried and convicted, and FINISHED his sentence. She has a problem with someone who has done their time for their crimes who enroll into (and graduate from) college? As for her "interpretation" of Burnette's column, based on just what I read here, I believe that Burnette may have written something moderately reasonable or even angry, but she "interpreted" it as inciting violence against white students.

I see a future at Fox News for this writer.[/quote]

As we all interpreted subject we don't like as something else.
Omega Phoenix" i think is it fairly reasonable to say, That this writer is most likey pissed off, that Burnette got into Duke in the first place. Not that article that was written, may have been slanted towards killing off white folks.
Mon May 19, 2008 1:27 am View user's profile Find all posts by shadow777 Send private message Send e-mail
pacco96

Joined17 Sep 2005
Posts5011
Bank0
Bones18727.44 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote]>>>>You've have got to get out more brotha Pacco96' Taste a bit of the world. Sleep with some sistas for a change.
Indulge yourself with some good food, Read a good book. And for god sake, stop watching those homosexual sports shows. Blaming me because you hate being a traditional cuckquean is not good.
There are folks out here, who march to a senseable drum sound, that allows them to think past the norm.

Lol' if you were not interested in the article, why did you read it and then make a comment about it?

lol Now! i'm a hoe? lol Pacco' how did you find out about my trading my self as a boy toy, for a tank of gas?
Dang! words get around fast? lol lol[/quote]

If your decrepit old ass would read, of course you can't type worth a damn, I was paraphasing what you and the your self righteous skanks, the old foxes would call, Magnum, a hoe and never let her live it down.

And far as your message Unca Ruckus, you sound like one of those old tired self hating black men. You prospered by allowing the white man to wipe their asses with you for so long, that it left the taste of shit in your mouth towards your own. How dare that nasty old colored gurl accused them fine whyte boys of such a thing, ain't that right you ole fossil?

You are judge juror and executioner when it comes to your own, doing wrong, you make Ward Connly look like Stokely Carmichael.

I don't have to completely read your right wing rhetoric, it all bullshit and hypocritical like the author of this thread.
Mon May 19, 2008 3:09 am View user's profile Find all posts by pacco96 Send private message
shadow777

Joined15 Jul 2007
Posts4122
LocationThe Dark Shadows
Bank0
Bones25393.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="pacco96"][quote]>>>>You've have got to get out more brotha Pacco96' Taste a bit of the world. Sleep with some sistas for a change.

Dang! words get around fast? lol lol[/quote]

If your decrepit old ass would read, of course you can't type worth a damn, I was paraphasing what you and the your self righteous skanks, the old foxes would call, Magnum, a hoe and never let her live it down.

And far as your message Unca Ruckus, you sound like one of those old tired self hating black men. You prospered by allowing the white man to wipe their asses with you for so long, that it left the taste of shit in your mouth towards your own. How dare that nasty old colored gurl accused them fine whyte boys of such a thing, ain't that right you ole fossil?

You are judge juror and executioner when it comes to your own, doing wrong, you make Ward Connly look like Stokely Carmichael.

I don't have to completely read your right wing rhetoric, it all bullshit and hypocritical like the author of this thread.[/quote]

>>>>
lol you really have me lol Laughing

So you were paraphasing, is that any thing like parasailing? lol lol
lol uncle Ruckus? You do have away with words?
Now' i'm tired, self hating and black now?
You have seen me type Brown & Bougie Right? Oh' for the record, there are no black people on the planet call earth.

And of course i made my money by the white man wipe WHo's azz? i missed that one.
Hey! wait a second, i thought you were the homosexual? You were the one sleeping with men?

Shadow' no! he thinks you like to eat shit.

Really? DAng!

Yo' toco stand. Sorry' Pacco'
Brotha i don't like shit, i even stop eating crabs because they like eating shit.
But you need to get of this eating shit crap. For you are the only one capable of holding the title of diamerdis.

Now' let's get back to the article.

From the start, this sistas was wrong. there is no defense anyone could come up with concerning her. She was dead wrong. It did not happen, so i'm a shit eating old fossil for posting an article talking about how wrong she is?

You do have some facts correct? i love being judge juror and executioner when it comes to our own, doing wrong.
We are not suppose to be like the other humans acting like animals.
we are suppose to be on a higher level. Not making up lies to get paid. Selling our souls for money from some white college.

lol right wing

quote>>>>I don't have to completely read your right wing rhetoric, it all bullshit and hypocritical like the author of this thread.[/quote]

I think you need to learn about your history? It was the right wing rhetoric that has gotten you to there you are now.
over 80% of your history came at the hands of right wing thinking folks. The very song you sing uplifiting your people
has a right wing hand behind it.
Pacco' you have sold out your right wing forefathers & mothers just on be on the very plantation of Liberals fools.

Right wing rhetoric? You don't know your own history. It's no wonder you want to defend the wrong?
So get you Liberal thinking azz over to >>>>How long before she snitches?? thread and claim the same thing as here.
Mon May 19, 2008 7:14 am View user's profile Find all posts by shadow777 Send private message Send e-mail
jewellthief

Joined10 Dec 2004
Posts2947
Locationin my skin....
Bank0
Bones18732.50 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="pacco96"]You are judge juror and executioner when it comes to your own, doing wrong, you make [b]Ward Connly look like Stokely Carmichael.[/b][/quote]

Mon May 19, 2008 12:14 pm View user's profile Find all posts by jewellthief Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pacco96

Joined17 Sep 2005
Posts5011
Bank0
Bones18727.44 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote]From the start, this sistas was wrong. there is no defense anyone could come up with concerning her. She was dead wrong. It did not happen, so i'm a shit eating old fossil for posting an article talking about how wrong she is?[/quote]

I'm only going to respond to this...the rest of that is like reading the instructions on a gag bag.

I was one of the few people on this site that reserved jugdment on this incident as soon as I read about her checkered past. Not saying a shady past dismisses the situation. However, those fine innocent whyte boys missed a semester or two from graduation, while she graduated...yeah that's fucked up. But do you actually see Magnum knocking down employers doors after this incident? I don't.

However, you're trying to make this into a moral issue by saying the NCCU should have honor their code of conduct and not allowed her to return to school. Yet, there is nothing irreputable for those fine white boys having strippers and drinking at their frat house. And that what bothers me about you right wing uber-conservatives, you all past judgment while your hands are just as filthy. I would see this as a lesson learned (stop being cheap and get more top notch strippers) and get on with my life.

As far as history, it depends on who's telling it and from the looks of it, you are stymied in the Jurassic period. pops.
Mon May 19, 2008 1:01 pm View user's profile Find all posts by pacco96 Send private message
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
so....when she was either working the pole or being a walking sperm bank...she was showing NC Central credentials in her rectum or something? I don't get how the school is being held accountable for her after hours actions...

and those three Duke lacrosse players are doing just fine...it's not like they are black or anything.
Mon May 19, 2008 1:13 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
1brotherman

Joined09 Mar 2005
Posts1865
Locationover here
Bank0
Bones9690.76 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="shadow777"]

I think you need to learn about your history? It was the right wing rhetoric that has gotten you to there you are now.
over 80% of your history came at the hands of right wing thinking folks. The very song you sing uplifiting your people
Pacco' you have sold out your right wing forefathers & mothers just on be on the very plantation of Liberals fools.

Right wing rhetoric? You don't know your own history. It's no wonder you want to defend the wrong?
So get you Liberal thinking azz over to >>>>How long before she snitches?? thread and claim the same thing as here.[/quote]

See, this bullshit right here? This is why no one listens to colored conservatives. You tell the exact same lies that your anglo masters tell. The right wing has never supported the liberation of Black folks. The right wing supports corporate interests first, people fourth or fifth...maybe. Black people have gotten as far as we have in this country because of PROGRESSIVE thought. Conservatism is anti-change, which means we'd still be languishing under slavery at worst and jim crow at best. Free labor means higher profits for big business, right? That's why they pay lip-service to the illegal immigration situation. The only place right wing rhetoric ever got us deep in the bowels of John Hawkins good ship Jesus. We have progressed in this country because individuals who subscribed to progressive thought led and inspired us to radical action. Individuals like Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, WEB DuBois, Medgar Evers, MLK, Malcom X, Huey Newton...Black folks who didn't roll over and "adjust their lives", but fought for change.

The worst thing about colored conservatives is that most of you (jesse lee peterson notwithstanding) are pretty well educated...which means you KNOW that your anglo masters are lying and trying to rewrite history and yet, you support and assist in the bullshit.
Mon May 19, 2008 9:02 pm View user's profile Find all posts by 1brotherman Send private message
shadow777

Joined15 Jul 2007
Posts4122
LocationThe Dark Shadows
Bank0
Bones25393.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="pacco96"][quote]From the start, this sistas was wrong. there is no defense anyone could come up with concerning her. She was dead wrong. It did not happen, so i'm a shit eating old fossil for posting an article talking about how wrong she is?[/quote]

I'm only going to respond to this...the rest of that is like reading the instructions on a gag bag.

I was one of the few people on this site that reserved jugdment on this incident as soon as I read about her checkered past. Not saying a shady past dismisses the situation. However, those fine innocent whyte boys missed a semester or two from graduation, while she graduated...yeah that's fucked up. But do you actually see Magnum knocking down employers doors after this incident? I don't.

However, you're trying to make this into a moral issue by saying the NCCU should have honor their code of conduct and not allowed her to return to school. Yet, there is nothing irreputable for those fine white boys having strippers and drinking at their frat house. And that what bothers me about you right wing uber-conservatives, you all past judgment while your hands are just as filthy. I would see this as a lesson learned (stop being cheap and get more top notch strippers) and get on with my life.

As far as history, it depends on who's telling it and from the looks of it, you are stymied in the Jurassic period. pops.[/quote]

Yes! the college should have honor their own policies. Apply the same rules to everyone. The writer spoke to this.
So you have over looked the point.
There is no doubt as to what history one is to beleive, if the person telling is wrong.
So please informed me, of whom's history is one to beleive, Yours, Mines, or Theirs?

There were no'Bunkum, nor Cock and Bull story, not even a hint of 'go to bath. The facts are what they are.
Sat May 24, 2008 3:59 pm View user's profile Find all posts by shadow777 Send private message Send e-mail
pacco96

Joined17 Sep 2005
Posts5011
Bank0
Bones18727.44 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote][b]Yes! the college should have honor their own policies. Apply the same rules to everyone.[/b] [b]The writer spoke to this. [/b]
So you have over looked the point.
There is no doubt as to what history one is to beleive, if the person telling is wrong.
So please informed me, of whom's history is one to beleive, Yours, Mines, or Theirs?

There were no'Bunkum, nor Cock and Bull story, not even a hint of 'go to bath. The facts are what they are.[/quote]

[quote]guest column

Standards of integrity there have long been dismal: This is, after all, the school that gave violent felon Solomon Burnette a diploma in 2007. Burnette, you may recall, robbed two Duke students at gunpoint in 1997. [b]Don't see it there[/b]

Unfortunately, however, 2008 marks a new low... even for NCCU.

Just this month, the university graduated Crystal Mangum, the drug-addled, mentally unstable prostitute who falsely accused three lacrosse players of raping her two years ago.

Mangum is an accomplished liar and criminal, and a credible school shouldn't have allowed her within 50 miles of its graduation ceremony. [b]Definitely don't see it there[/b]

Indeed, this is a woman who has maintained for more than two years that 20, five, and finally three Duke lacrosse players violated her orally, vaginally and anally in a bathroom the size of a broom closet. In her final version of the "assault," Mangum claimed this was possible because she was magically suspended in midair (by hooks and pulleys, perhaps?) as the three men attacked her.

In reality, Mangum-who arrived at the lacrosse players' party so drunk and high she could barely stand-may have feared another psychiatric commitment the morning of March 14, 2006, and so she accused three men of rape to garner sympathy.

As an aside, if anyone at NCCU still believes her story, I would invite them to review court records indicating Mangum had DNA from two unidentified men in her rectum; two more in her pubic region; one man in her vagina; and four to five men on her panties-none of whom were lacrosse players (a physical impossibility because Mangum said her attackers wore no condoms during the "rape").

And although her bold-faced lies ruined three young men's lives, they were a jackpot for Mangum: Within days, she was already using the "assault" to hustle pain meds from emergency room doctors, claiming "excruciating pain from the... beating." Sensing a lucrative civil settlement on the horizon, Mangum even bragged to a security guard at her strip club that she was "going to get paid by the white boys." [b]Nope[/b]

Unsurprisingly, those actions constitute flagrant violations of NCCU's honor code, which prohibits: "lewd, indecent or obscene conduct (whether public or private)"; "violation of the alcohol policy, including binge drinking, use or personal possession of alcoholic beverages by undergraduate students;" and the real doozie, "knowingly making in public a false [oral or] written or printed statement with the intent to deceive and/or mislead or injure the character or reputation of another."

NCCU also touts itself as a "drug-free academic community," a claim that's hard to take seriously when one of the college's own students admits to turning tricks and getting high four or five nights per week. In fact, Mangum had overdosed on flexeril and booze when she was first picked up by police the night of March 14.

And that's what makes Mangum's latest milestone so infuriating: It demeans the accomplishments of thousands of hard-working, law-abiding Eagles who also graduated this May.

A Duke student committing even a fraction of those crimes would have been summarily expelled; being accused of them would be enough for an emergency suspension.

Because of the university's blatant refusal to enforce its own rules, I will never again take an NCCU degree seriously, and neither should any other self-respecting Dukie. NCCU's "seal of approval" no longer guarantees good character, and it's just too hard to tell the thugs and liars (like Burnette and Mangum) apart from the high-performing majority.

Now to be fair, NCCU is hardly the first public institution to give Mangum a pass. Durham police, prosecutors and even Attorney General Roy Cooper all opted not to indict her for filing false police reports, reasoning that she was too crazy to stand trial. (No word yet on how many legally insane people maintain a 3.0 GPA at a nationally accredited university.)

Still, NCCU's actions are morally bankrupt and far eneath the dignity of a nationally recognzed university. [b]That sound like opinion in a fact based column [/b]The damage that NCCU has done to its reputation is very serious, and it insults thousands of upstanding alumni.

With three kids, a nasty drug habit and psychiatric and criminal histories longer than my arm, Crystal Mangum probably needs all the good fortune she can get. But until she owns up to her malicious lies, she deserves no special favors-least of all from a publicly funded university.

Crystal Mangum is not a victim, and her actions meant two other former members of the Class of 2008 (their names are Reade Seligmann and Collin Finnerty, for the record) didn't graduate last weekend. Mangum's lies stole a year of their college careers, and it makes me sick to think of her celebrating her achievement while they (along with millions of legitimate rape victims harmed by her dishonesty) struggle to piece their lives back together.

Crystal Mangum may now have a signed and sealed police psychology degree, but she'll always be Public Enemy No. 1 in my book.

Kristin Butler, Trinity '08, is a former Chronicle columnist. [/quote]

After reviewing this, I don't see where I overlooked anything. This column is neither objective or fact based. She does not mention anything about Duke's code of conduct. Like I said I do not condone what she did, but let's not make this a moral issues, because morals are subjective.
Sat May 24, 2008 4:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by pacco96 Send private message
shadow777

Joined15 Jul 2007
Posts4122
LocationThe Dark Shadows
Bank0
Bones25393.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="1brotherman"][quote="shadow777"]

So get you Liberal thinking azz over to >>>>How long before she snitches?? thread and claim the same thing as here.[/quote]

See, this bullshit right here? This is why no one listens to colored conservatives. You tell the exact same lies that your anglo masters tell. The right wing has never supported the liberation of Black folks. The right wing supports corporate interests first, people fourth or fifth...maybe. Black people have gotten as far as we have in this country because of PROGRESSIVE thought. Conservatism is anti-change, which means we'd still be languishing under slavery at worst and jim crow at best. Free labor means higher profits for big business, right? That's why they pay lip-service to the illegal immigration situation. The only place right wing rhetoric ever got us deep in the bowels of John Hawkins good ship Jesus. We have progressed in this country because individuals who subscribed to progressive thought led and inspired us to radical action. Individuals like Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, WEB DuBois, Medgar Evers, MLK, Malcom X, Huey Newton...Black folks who didn't roll over and "adjust their lives", but fought for change.

>>>>lol Colored Conservatives.
Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunters. ~African Proverb

The worst thing about colored conservatives is that most of you (jesse lee peterson notwithstanding) are pretty well educated...which means you KNOW that your anglo masters are lying and trying to rewrite history and yet, you support and assist in the bullshit.[/quote]

>>>>>
Oh God, not again>>>READ your facts>>>Frederick Douglass was a Republican. Elitist, Du Bois, lol he up helded conservative Bourgeois values. lo lol MLK was a conservative, Malcom X was a Religious Conservative. Huey Newton and the BLack panther party views runs side by side with Conservative values.<<<<<<<Quote>>>>>The right wing has never supported the liberation of Black folks.

Conservative, abolitionist Christians. 350,000 Union soldiers died to free the slave. <<<i guess none were conservatives.
Conservatives Quakers. 13th Amendment to the Constitution ,14th Amendment The 1875 Civil Rights Act guaranteed the right of equal access to all citizens in all public accommodations -- whether or not owned or controlled by the government.

Susan B. Anthony, Ida Wells and Mary Terrell <<<Conservatives who helped bring about change for BLack folks.
Jackie Robinson was a great Republican, who help black folks get an even playing field.
Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court decision. That opinion was written by a Republican Chief Justice appointed by a Republican President, Dwight Eisenhower<<<<<Earl Warren
President Eisenhower won passage of his landmark Civil Rights Act of 1957,U.S. Senator Everett Dirksen of Illinois, authored and introduced the 1960 Civil Rights Act.

President Reagan established Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday as a national holiday, the first such honor for a black American. Richard Nixon steared the car that brought about AA'

lol Jim CRow was a Liberal idea that was mantained by DEmoCRATES, again check your history. Including the KKK

Which party FOUGHT to exclude blacks from getting a good education for over 170 years? The Democratic party. Under which party did black business and black home ownership set record levels? The Republican party.
Which party has enabled over 283,000 loans to small business (30% of which went to minority businesses) totalling $63 billion in five years, almost as much as was spend in the previous 40 years? The Republican party.
Which Party freed 3.8 million blacks from the tax rolls? The Republican party. Which party started the funding of the first African American museum and culture center? The Republican party.

SO much for The right wing has never supported the liberation of Black folks.<<<<<<<<!!!
Sat May 24, 2008 6:12 pm View user's profile Find all posts by shadow777 Send private message Send e-mail
Omega Phoenix

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts28103
Bank4294967295
Bones48177.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Shadow,

Try as you might, you can't make JIM CROW and RACISM "liberal." You can definitely make the argument regarding racist Democrats and progressive Republicans, but the tenets of real liberalism are the antithesis of racism and Jim Crow. In fact, you could argue that Jim Crow and racism are more attributable to liberalism/progressivism vs. conservativism, and both of those facets can be dissected into social, fiscal, religious, and many other attributes.

People like Malcolm X and Dr. King... you can say that they held to conservative beliefs in terms of Black self-sufficiency and the like, but you can also argue that they were more liberal in their activism to see that equal rights and justice was afforded to all. And the argument about Douglass being a Republican... I am not convinced that the Republican party of Douglass' time is the same Republican party that it is today, and the same can be said for Democrats. Why do you think certain politicians switched to the Republican party when the Dems were becoming more progressive? Why do you think the Southern Strategy was such an effective tool?
Sat May 24, 2008 6:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Omega Phoenix Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
1brotherman

Joined09 Mar 2005
Posts1865
Locationover here
Bank0
Bones9690.76 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="shadow777"]

>>>>>
Oh God, not again>>>READ your facts>>>Frederick Douglass was a Republican. Elitist, Du Bois, lol he up helded conservative Bourgeois values. lo lol MLK was a conservative, Malcom X was a Religious Conservative. Huey Newton and the BLack panther party views runs side by side with Conservative values.<<<<<<<Quote>>>>>The right wing has never supported the liberation of Black folks.

Conservative, abolitionist Christians. 350,000 Union soldiers died to free the slave. <<<i guess none were conservatives.
Conservatives Quakers. 13th Amendment to the Constitution ,14th Amendment The 1875 Civil Rights Act guaranteed the right of equal access to all citizens in all public accommodations -- whether or not owned or controlled by the government.

Susan B. Anthony, Ida Wells and Mary Terrell <<<Conservatives who helped bring about change for BLack folks.
Jackie Robinson was a great Republican, who help black folks get an even playing field.
Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court decision. That opinion was written by a Republican Chief Justice appointed by a Republican President, Dwight Eisenhower<<<<<Earl Warren
President Eisenhower won passage of his landmark Civil Rights Act of 1957,U.S. Senator Everett Dirksen of Illinois, authored and introduced the 1960 Civil Rights Act.

President Reagan established Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday as a national holiday, the first such honor for a black American. Richard Nixon steared the car that brought about AA'

lol Jim CRow was a Liberal idea that was mantained by DEmoCRATES, again check your history. Including the KKK

Which party FOUGHT to exclude blacks from getting a good education for over 170 years? The Democratic party. Under which party did black business and black home ownership set record levels? The Republican party.
Which party has enabled over 283,000 loans to small business (30% of which went to minority businesses) totalling $63 billion in five years, almost as much as was spend in the previous 40 years? The Republican party.
Which Party freed 3.8 million blacks from the tax rolls? The Republican party. Which party started the funding of the first African American museum and culture center? The Republican party.

SO much for The right wing has never supported the liberation of Black folks.<<<<<<<<!!![/quote]

What are you talking about? To equate freedom fighters like Douglass, DuBois, X, and Newton with the fascist criminals you pledge allegiance to is sickening. You know that the Republican party that Douglass was a member of in no way resembles the party of today. That's the problem (well, one of them anyway) with you negro apologists. You are so assimilated and eager to prove your commitment to your master's causes that you willingly rewrite and reshape the history of your own people. Black people have always been socially conservative, but politically progressive. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Mon May 26, 2008 11:20 am View user's profile Find all posts by 1brotherman Send private message
jewellthief

Joined10 Dec 2004
Posts2947
Locationin my skin....
Bank0
Bones18732.50 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Omega Phoenix"]People like Malcolm X and Dr. King... you can say that they held to conservative beliefs in terms of Black self-sufficiency and the like, but you can also argue that they were more liberal in their activism to see that equal rights and justice was afforded to all. And the argument about Douglass being a Republican...[b] I am not convinced that the Republican party of Douglass' time is the same Republican party that it is today, and the same can be said for Democrats. [/b] Why do you think certain politicians switched to the Republican party when the Dems were becoming more progressive? Why do you think the Southern Strategy was such an effective tool?[/quote]

regarding bolded part, see tagline....

and I think said 'southern strategy' aka CURSE, is still in FULL EFFECT.... Confused
Mon May 26, 2008 1:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by jewellthief Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: