Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NFL 2009
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap View previous topic
View next topic

NFL 2009
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post NFL 2009 Reply with quote
There isn't a thread here so may as well start it.

Stafford supposedly beat Culpepper for the QB job in Detroit huh?? Actually here's what I think happened.

[quote]Listen Schwartz:

I got too much money vested in this guy. You better play him NOW so he can earn all this money we're giving him. He can't be any worse than what we have so play him or else it's your job.

Signed

Bill Clay Ford[/quote]

I'm not big on Stafford and he showed me very little during the pre-season but oh well. I wish people would stop mentioning Matt Ryan who had Michael Turner to help him. What do we/Detroit have Kevin Smith?? Anyways, I'm not expecting anything.

God I hope the Brett Favre experiment fails miserably in Minnesota.

Richard Seymour hasn't reported in Oakland huh,lol?? I heard that if he doesn't show in 7 days the fines start to come. Basically he has no option but to play there. Which leads to my next observation has Jamarcus Russell done anything during his NFL career?

Anyone watch "HARD KNOCKS THE BENGALS" another fantastic HBO sports production. I hope for Marv's sake they're atleast 10-6 this year because if they're not SEE YAH MARV..

Fred Taylor in New England. Well I'm not sure if Fred is dead or not but if he shows ANY type production as much as I LOATHE that cheating ass franchise it's a great move.

I wonder is LT on the downside of his career? In Tennessee you gotta give Jeff Fisher props, since the 2006 season that team has been on an UPSWING and this year either they become one the NFL elites or not.

Speaking of which is Indy on the down turn now?? Why did Marvin Harrison retire? That is one weird recluse of a dude. I know he still had years in him.
Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:32 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
LocationThrowin' some D's on it!!!
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Word has it that Marvin is a bit of an asshole. I've also heard that he and Peyton weren't exactly as close as people thought they were. The real reason I think nobody has picked him up yet is because he's never been known as a receiver who could use his physical strength to get separation from defenders. The knee injury has robbed him of his speed, which was his greatest assest, so not many people think he's worth the risk.

Like you, I hope Favre gets put on his ass multiple times throughout the season.

It's true that Michael Turner was a big key to the Falcons success last year, but I watched all of their games, and I can tell you that Ryan is the real deal. He's made a lot of improvements during the offseason, and now that he has Tony Gonzalez, that's gonna accelerate his development by leaps and bounds. There will be no sophomore slump for him. Our offense will be fine; it's our defense, particularly the secondary, that will take some time to gel. We may have to win a couple of shootouts this season.

Can you blame Richard Seymour for not wanting to report to the black hole? Too bad the Raiders can't draft a new owner. lmao
Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
BobbyDigital

Joined03 Aug 2002
Posts7583
LocationBlack Hollywood
Bank0
Bones21765.78 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b]Stafford has to start. The days of #1 QB picks holding the clipboard are over.

Bitch Favre... I hope everything bad in the NFL happens to him... and only him.

Seymour should fake a strain MCL or something. LOL

I think Caldwell is like a head coach... who really isn't a coach but more so a faciliator. You just don't get the sense that he's the kind of guy that the team loves and adore's like Dungy. It's good that the majority of the staff is still there. So I see them operating like they did before... Peyton runs the offense and the defense does what it do. But I think the Colts have a new defensive coordinator. I think as long as Peyton is under center and they stay in that division... they are a 10-12 win team every year.

Not to bring college sports into this... but when Bradford go down with that shoulder injury in that game this weekend; I couldn't feel sorry for him. This dude turned away the opportunity to be the #1 pick in the NFL (thus about $40 million guaranteed) to chase a championship knowing his offensive line was going to be worst than it was last season? That dude got hit more times in the 1st half of that game than he did all of last season.

Any undergraduate kid out there in collegiate sports that's a bonifide top #10 pick...

My advice... GET THE MONEY!!![/b]
Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:16 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BobbyDigital Send private message Yahoo Messenger
TROUBLEMAN69

Joined18 Jan 2002
Posts6028
Bank4294967295
Bones3201.72 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DamnYouAll"]

Can you blame Richard Seymour for not wanting to report to the black hole? Too bad the Raiders can't draft a new owner. lmao[/quote]

You know it is really sad when I have to listen to jokes from Falcon fans. Despite the horrible last 6 seasons, the Raiders still have had more success than the Atlanta Falcons this decade. Talk to me when they finally have back to back winning seasons, let alone win a Super Bowl. LMAO.

As far as Jamarcus Russell is concerned. There are a couple of differences in his situation and the Matt Ryan's situation. Matt Ryan has an offensive line, and Roddy White finally grew up. Actually White grew up in 2007. There are a couple of articles on the net talking about how the Monday Night Game against New Orleans in 2006 was a wake up call for him. For those that don't remember, he had a huge drop in that game. Jamarcus has had to deal with a terrible offensive line, and can anyone name one of the receivers in Oakland. Jamarcus will be fine, as long as the Raiders put some talent around him. Al Davis is still doing the same things that he has done for the past 4 decades, but unfortunately for him the moves are backfiring. The Raiders haven't drafted well since the late 60's early 70's so that part hasn't changed. Normally, they are able to take discarded veterans and win with them. Think about the last time they were good. Guys like Jerry Rice, Rod Woodson, Lincoln Kennedy, Charlie Garner, and Rich Gannon were all vets who were let go for one reason or another. Al is still trying, but his choices have been poor. Guys like Warren Sapp, Gerard Warren, Randy Moss, Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, Duante Culpepper and DeAngelo Hall have all been brought in and given a chance, but they fall failed. And please don't come in here and say it doesn't work, because everybody says the Patriots are a model franchise, but lately they have been doing the same thing. Moss, Welker, Corey Dillon, Fred Taylor, Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison, etc.

Honestly, I think Matt Ryan is a solid quarterback, but a little overrated. People tend to think he was the missing link and is the reason for the Falcons success, when honestly he is only "part" of the reason. Since Vick left they have changed 4 out of 5 offensive linemen, Roddy White grew up, and they added Michael Turner. I'm not sure that he will ever be "great", but he should be the Falcons franchise guy for the next decade +.
Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:39 pm View user's profile Find all posts by TROUBLEMAN69 Send private message AIM Address
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="TROUBLEMAN69"]

You know it is really sad when I have to listen to jokes from Falcon fans.[/quote]

I know, right Laughing I mean, seriously, Falcon fan has their one good season per decade and they are talking mad shit Laughing STFU!

As far as Jamarcus Russell is concerned...the Raiders have some nice RBs, work that ground game Oaktown and let Russell grow some balls gradually...by midseason, they could be beasts.
Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:17 am View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Alright, motherfuckers! The 2009 National Felon League season is upon us! After an offseason of litigations, scandals, murders, name changes, and other maladies, America's number one sport is here for 22 straight weeks of unmitigated GOODNESS. Laughing

Okay, roll call....

My Bears. Our defense is SUSPECT. Suspect, I say! [b]Appalachian State[/b] could put up numbers on our secondary. Charles "Cashew" Tillman won't be 100 percent. I'm excited about Jay Culter, and that's about it. I'm more interested in what he's gonna do more than anything else. A few of these so-called ANALYSTS are picking the Bears to reach the Super Bowl and lose. We're not going anywhere if we can't stop anybody!

Browns. C'mon, Eric Mangini! Who's your fucking starter at QB? Are you trying make it harder for your first opponent (Vikings) to prepare? If so, get the fuck outta here! This ain't a choice between STEVE YOUNG and STEVE BONO. It's Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson! What's the fucking difference? 2 MILKSOP ass quarterbacks! Who gives a shit. Remove this team from the league.

Vikings. Adrian "Rat Boy" Peterson. We've got to stop this motherfucker this year! No more CAREER DAYS against my Bears!

Lions. New uniforms, new logos, same SHAMEFUL play. If the NFL had developmental league, the LIONS would be in it. Look for them to be 0-20. Remove them from league!

Brett Favre. Would somebody please drive his fucking shoulder into the Metrodome turf for me? I hope the Vikings start out 0-2. Then you'll starts hearing the unfathomable chants of [b]"WE WANT SAGE!! WE WANT SAGE!!"[/b] or [b]"HE WE GO, JACKSON, HERE WE GO!" [/b] LMAO!

Packers. Donald Driver talking shit about the Bears' receivers - how we ain't shit. He might be right, but that nigga look like a black HOWDY DOODY. Laughing

NFL Sunday Ticket. Not getting it this year. After 10 years, I've let DirecTV go. I just can't continue to fork out $300 a season for mediocre play and boring ass games.

Raiders. What a bum ass team. What the fuck are they doing out there? DOUGHBOY a.k.a JaMarcus Russell had better make it happen this year or the homeboys from the barrio might toss his ass into the bay! And what's this situation regarding Richard Seymour? The New England Patriots traded this man to their most hated organization the past 30 years - The RAAAAYYYYDUS! I would just retire. Laughing

Chad Ochocinco = all BLING and no ring. I don't mind Chad, but what the fuck is this nigga's problem? Did he get his name legally changed??? I can't believe people are actually HONORING this nonsense.

Terrell Owens. The countdown begins. How many games before this WALKING GOOBER blows up again? I say 5. Laughing

More later...
Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:29 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BobbyDigital

Joined03 Aug 2002
Posts7583
LocationBlack Hollywood
Bank0
Bones21765.78 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Dun"]Terrell Owens. The countdown begins. How many games before this WALKING GOOBER blows up again? I say 5. Laughing

More later...[/quote]

[b]Actually I think this is a one and done year for T.O. He's the best player on a bad team that likely won't make the playoffs. Trent Edwards have a lot of weapons around him.... BUT NO OFFENSIVE LINE! And they can't handle a good opponent with a 3-4 defense.

And I still don't "believe" in Trent Edwards. Not to mention, they just fired their offensive coordinator.

But... as always, they'll show clips of T.O. barking on the sidelines and everything that's going to go wrong with Buffalo will be all his fault.[/b]
Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:39 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BobbyDigital Send private message Yahoo Messenger
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Yes, Chad Johnson legally changed his last name to Ochocinco.
Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:31 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
BobbyDigital

Joined03 Aug 2002
Posts7583
LocationBlack Hollywood
Bank0
Bones21765.78 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DamnYouAll"]Yes, Chad Johnson legally changed his last name to Ochocinco.[/quote]

[img]http://www.freewayscollide.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/02_barber.jpg[/img]

[b][i]Mama call him Johnson, Im'a call him Johnson. He gonna always be Chad Johnson to me...[/i][/b]
Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BobbyDigital Send private message Yahoo Messenger
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
CTFU@ Bobby!!!!!!!
Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:04 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
The Browns have finally announced that Brady Quinn will start in Week 1. Also, Brett Favre has said that there's a chance he "may not" be able to play in al 16 games this season.
Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:24 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
Ms Pris

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts1843
LocationIn Pris Land
Bank0
Bones2978.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
just peeking in!!!! Smile
Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:02 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Ms Pris Send private message
Najee

Joined06 Apr 2002
Posts6945
Bank0
Bones21598.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Personally, it looks like three top AFC teams (Indianapolis, New England and San Diego) are at a crossroads. All three teams have major components that are at ages where they likely will start to decline soon. In the NFC, Philadelphia looks like it's in a similar do-or-die situation.[/color]
Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:41 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Najee Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DamnYouAll"]The Browns have finally announced that Brady Quinn will start in Week 1. Also, Brett Favre has said that there's a chance he "may not" be able to play in al 16 games this season.[/quote]

Welcome to life in Cleveland Laughing you should deal with the fans...

Brett Favre Rolling Eyes you deserve this bullshit Vikings for signing this tool. Stay thirsty my friends
Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:52 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
Najee

Joined06 Apr 2002
Posts6945
Bank0
Bones21598.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Exactly, OHB. Brett Favre already is starting his bullshit:

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8127f20e&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true[/url]

I'm sorry, dude, but if your ass was too hurt to play you could have said "I'm hurt, I need to sit out." This is yet another example of the diva throwing an ex-team under the bus after the fact. Meanwhile, dude already is working his game as an exit strategy to retire when he wants to take his ball and go home -- he told the Vikings he may not play the whole season.[/color]

Last edited by Najee on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:06 am View user's profile Find all posts by Najee Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
As I said before, please let #4 get put on his ass multiple times this season.
Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:17 am View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
jewellthief

Joined10 Dec 2004
Posts2947
Locationin my skin....
Bank0
Bones18732.50 Bones

Post Re: NFL 2009 Reply with quote
[quote="Marz"]
Anyone watch "HARD KNOCKS THE BENGALS" another fantastic HBO sports production. I hope for Marv's sake they're atleast 10-6 this year because if they're not SEE YAH MARV..

[/quote]
agreed.... actually it was quite entertaining and interesting, ochocinco notwithstanding....
Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:27 am View user's profile Find all posts by jewellthief Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Good win for the Steelers last night. That game was all about the defense. Now, make your predictions for Sunday! Mine are bolded.

Miami Dolphins at [b]Atlanta Falcons[/b] 1:00

Kansas City Chiefs at [b]Baltimore Ravens[/b] 1:00

[b]Philadelphia Eagles[/b] at Carolina Panthers 1:00

Denver Broncos at [b]Cincinnati Bengals[/b] 1:00

[b]Minnesota Vikings[/b] at Cleveland Browns 1:00

N.Y. Jets at [b]Houston Texans[/b] 1:00

Jacksonville Jaguars at [b]Indianapolis Colts [/b]1:00

Detroit Lions at [b]New Orleans Saints[/b] 1:00

[b]Dallas Cowboys [/b]at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00

San Francisco 49ers at [b]Arizona Cardinals[/b] 4:15

[b]Washington Redskins[/b] at N.Y. Giants 4:15

St. Louis Rams at [b]Seattle Seahawks[/b] 4:15

Chicago Bears at [b]Green Bay Packers[/b] 8:20

Monday, Sept. 14

Buffalo Bills at [b]New England Patriots[/b] 7:00

[b]San Diego Chargers[/b] at Oakland Raiders
Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:40 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Good game last night.

I was initially saying "I can't believe Hines fumbled" but that wasn't a fumble, that was a GREAT swipe of the ball. Its hard to root against either team yesterday. Tough loss for Tennessee..
Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:40 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
If last night was any indication, the Titans may finally have a fairly decent WR tandem this year. Justin Gage and the rookie Kenny Britt made some nice grabs, and TE Bo Scaife was looking pretty nice as well.
Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:42 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: