Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NFL 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap View previous topic
View next topic

NFL 2009
BobbyDigital

Joined03 Aug 2002
Posts7583
LocationBlack Hollywood
Bank0
Bones21765.78 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b]Would it be funny as hell...

... if the Jets (who only got into the playoffs because the Colts gave them a win in Week 16 and their lost to the Bills in Week 17 put the Jets in the playoffs) comes into Indy and steal a game and win a trip to the Super Bowl?

Hell, I want to root for the Jets. But this game won't even be close. Colts have too many weapons. And Peyton Manning will be a beast. Colts will control this game from start to finish. You can only go so far with a rookie coach and rookie QB.

Although I'm sure the Colts rather play the Jets than the Chargers... so it all may actually work out.

Colts 31, Jets 6.

My hatred of Brett Farve... *sigh*

My hope is Saints 38, Vikings 14[/b]
Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BobbyDigital Send private message Yahoo Messenger
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
LocationThrowin' some D's on it!!!
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
As much as I loathe Brett Favre, I just cannot live with the Saints in the Super Bowl. The very thought of it makes me itch.
Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:33 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
hope_springs

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts10185
Locationend zone
Bank4294967295
Bones24350.16 Bones
Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
We got Deuce! Even if it was only symbolic on Saturday, it was if the stars have aligned and fortune has smiled upon us.

I've already booked my flight home so I can be in New Orleans on Superbowl Sunday. If we play like we played on Saturday, there is no stopping us.

I can't wait for Darren Sharper to intercept Farve!
Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by hope_springs Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="hope_springs"]We got Deuce! Even if it was only symbolic on Saturday, it was if the stars have aligned and fortune has smiled upon us.

I've already booked my flight home so I can be in New Orleans on Superbowl Sunday. If we play like we played on Saturday, there is no stopping us.

[b]I can't wait for Darren Sharper to intercept Farve![/b][/quote]

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:38 am View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I'll give the Jets their props; they played the Colts tough for the first half. Then Peyton Manning got pissed and took them apart. Congrats to Indy. Now let's hope the Vikings can knock off the Saints.
Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:48 am View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
PM

Joined16 Jul 2008
Posts4721
LocationSomewhere drinking YOUR milkshake!
Bank0
Bones25271.48 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Congratulations to the NFC Champion New Orleans Saints!

The only thing better than the Saints in the Super Bowl is that Brett Favre ISN'T.
Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:37 am View user's profile Find all posts by PM Send private message
Najee

Joined06 Apr 2002
Posts6945
Bank0
Bones21598.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Damn, did the Minnesota Vikings give away the game with turnovers. When Brett Favre threw that interception at the end of the game instead of scrambling for seven or so yards to put the Vikes in position to kick the game-winning field goal, the 1998 NFC Championship Game started rolling in my head.

Different cast of characters, same movie, same shitty ending.[/color]
Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:03 am View user's profile Find all posts by Najee Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Did the Saints win this game, or did the Vikings lose it?

Vikings blew that game big time. Adrian Peterson needs to be coached on his fumbling. It's unreal how much he coughs it.
Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:05 am View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Najee

Joined06 Apr 2002
Posts6945
Bank0
Bones21598.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]I agree, Dun. Adrian Peterson's first gaffe was a bad exchange, but those other fumbles were inexcusable. The one he recovered after it went about 10 yards was the result of Peterson carrying the ball exposed with one hand. What really was frustrating is he continued the carry the ball away from his chest and with one hand.

Minnesota could overlook that for his first two-plus seasons because he was arguably the best running back in the NFL during that time. But from the second half of the season, he was fairly pedestrian as the Vikings started becoming a more Brett Favre-oriented offense. That crap has got to end.[/color]

Last edited by Najee on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:30 am View user's profile Find all posts by Najee Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hope_springs

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts10185
Locationend zone
Bank4294967295
Bones24350.16 Bones
Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
We certainly didn't look like the number one offense in the league, but when it's all said and done, we won the game. Vikings were lucky that they were able to recover some of their own fumbles. I've already read an article on yahoo claiming the refs cheated for the Saints. We had more penalties called. They kept coughing up the ball. Too bad, so sad, see you next year at Brett's 5th Annual Retirement Party.

Geaux Saints! We got some work to do to be ready for those Colts. And you never know which Reggie Bush is gonna show up.
Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:12 am View user's profile Find all posts by hope_springs Send private message
Najee

Joined06 Apr 2002
Posts6945
Bank0
Bones21598.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Hope, I'm pretty sure the claim about the favorable calls for the Saints were during their drive in overtime. The Saints were the beneficiary of three blown calls, IMO -- the fourth-and-1 run by Pierre Thomas that didn't look like he and the ball crossed over; the terrible pass interference play on Ben Leber; and tyhe catch by Robert Meachem where it looked like he did not have possession.

But those plays may not have been a factor had Brett Favre not committed his boneheaded interception at the end of the fourth quarter.[/color]
Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:00 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Najee Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
A little richer, trash talking rights and watching Brett Favre nearly injured and sulking. WOW, it was a good day. Smile

The Vyqueens and the NFC championship don't seem to like each other,lol. Oh I put that on Facebook yesterday. I don't know why they didn't kick the field goal late in the game before Favre threw the INT (which I somewhat suspected because he just can't get out of his own way. Egomanic).

AP, aka "FumbleLiya", one of the few Vyqueens I actually like and respect wow. What a game but a classic example of turnovers/mistakes KILL. You can say the Vykes LOST the game as opposed to the Saints winning but before/IF you reach that conclusion.. The Saints roughed Favre up (LOVE IT) to where he was needing a standing 8 count at some points. Hence some of his (that old Favre) erratic throws.

In the 2nd half when they opened up the game going to Shincoe, I was hoping the Saints would counter with getting more of Shockey in the game.

Great season for Favre, I'll give him that but you all KNOW I love the collapse even more. Smile Vyqueens can't win on the road this year we see,lol.

Congrats to the Saints, couldn't happen to a more deserving city.
Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:39 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
BobbyDigital

Joined03 Aug 2002
Posts7583
LocationBlack Hollywood
Bank0
Bones21765.78 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Najee"][color=darkred]I agree, Dun. Adrian Peterson's first gaffe was a bad exchange, but those other fumbles were inexcusable. The one he recovered after it went about 10 yards was the result of Peterson carrying the ball exposed with one hand. What really was frustrated is he continued the carry the ball away from his chest and with one hand.

Minnesota could overlook that for his first two-plus seasons because he was arguably the best running back in the NFL during that time. But from the second half of the season, he was fairly pedestrian as the Vikings started becoming a more Brett Favre-oriented offense. That crap has got to end.[/color][/quote]

[b]I think Peterson needs to go to Tiki Barber's Ball Carrying School.

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_aQHUmSB16UM/Rc6ECC5kD0I/AAAAAAAAApc/PY9JtS7-eaY/s400/pl_923694.jpg[/img]

Anyhoo, regardless of the fumbles he got to be the game at crunch time. Putting Percy in (who also fumbled the ball) wasn't the answer. Peterson got to be in the game. And that last drive... was Peterson even on the field. Oh yeah, but that's was when the Vikings got called for having 12 men on the field.

I think once Brett and his media lovers made this season about him and his chase for a Super Bowl instead of the team, it was only a matter of time before it fall apart. He could have just ran for the extra yards...

Either way... it was a pleasure watching him get roughed up. [/b]
Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:49 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BobbyDigital Send private message Yahoo Messenger
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Vikings got the benefit of some questionable calls earlier in the game. The "hit out of bounds" call was ridiculous. Favre got hit, the flag was thrown in THAT area of the field, but since there was no foul, they call the "late hit out of bounds" which was technically there, but substantively bullshit. Favre smacks his receivers on the ass harder than that. They were treating Favre like Michael Jordan out there for a good portion of the night.

Regardless...the Saints never quit. They kept playing. They overcame. They persevered. THEY WON!!!

[b]WHO DAT GOING TO DA SUPA BOWL??!!!

DEM SAINTS! DES WHO!!![/b][/color]
Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:17 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]Vikings got the benefit of some questionable calls earlier in the game. The "hit out of bounds" call was ridiculous. Favre got hit, the flag was thrown in THAT area of the field, but since there was no foul, they call the "late hit out of bounds" which was technically there, but substantively bullshit. Favre smacks his receivers on the ass harder than that. They were treating Favre like Michael Jordan out there for a good portion of the night.

Regardless...the Saints never quit. They kept playing. They overcame. They persevered. THEY WON!!!

[b]WHO DAT GOING TO DA SUPA BOWL??!!!

DEM SAINTS! DES WHO!!![/b][/color][/quote]

I think this site will explode should they win the Super Bowl and you'll go crazy,lol.
Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:47 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Gotdamn Vikings. All Favre had to do was run for the first down and set up a potential game winning FG. In hindsight though, maybe his ankle injury had something to do with that. Still, pick up what you can and throw the damn ball away if you have to. I know he needed about 3 ice baths after that game though. 16 hits on a 25 year old QB can't feel too good, so I know that shit has to hurt on a 40 year old.

AP's focus during the offseason needs to be ball security. Nuff said.

Bottom line: Let's go Colts!
Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DamnYouAll"]Gotdamn Vikings. All Favre had to do was run for the first down and set up a potential game winning FG. In hindsight though, maybe his ankle injury had something to do with that. Still, pick up what you can and throw the damn ball away if you have to. I know he needed about 3 ice baths after that game though. 16 hits on a 25 year old QB can't feel too good, so I know that shit has to hurt on a 40 year old.

AP's focus during the offseason needs to be ball security. Nuff said.

Bottom line: Let's go Colts![/quote]
[color=darkred]
I know we got bigger fish to fry right now...but I CAN'T WAIT to FUCK Y'ALL UP next season!!!

I LOVE IT. I'm sick of that "sibling rivalry" between the Saints and Falcons anyway!! We need some Raiders/Chiefs, Cowboys/Redskins, Black & Blue division hatred kinda shit going on 'round here!!![/color]
Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:27 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Colts vs. Saints - this is the game that everyone wanted. In order for the Saints to win this Super Bowl, they need to get turnovers and score off of them like they've done all year, because you know THE MASTER Peyton Manning is going to pick apart the defense, as he does almost every defense.

Anyhow, I think the Colts are a better football team, but I have a feeling that somehow the Saints will find a way to steal this game. It should be exciting.
Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:59 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Dun"]Colts vs. Saints - this is the game that everyone wanted. In order for the Saints to win this Super Bowl, they need to get turnovers and score off of them like they've done all year, because you know THE MASTER Peyton Manning is going to pick apart the defense, as he does almost every defense.

[b]Anyhow, I think the Colts are a better football team, but I have a feeling that somehow the Saints will find a way to steal this game. It should be exciting.[/b][/quote]

[color=darkred]That's a pretty fair assessment. Colts have more poise and Peyton Manning. They are disciplined and focused. The Saints will have to match their intensity and not make mistakes. The chink in the Colts armor is their pedestrian running game. Still...that won't matter with the weapons Manning has. The Colts [i]should[/i] be the favorite.

I tell you what...nobody is going to be able to say the Saints cakewalked to the hardware if we pull this off.[/color]
Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:04 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
Kaiju

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts8375
LocationA Snowy Hilltop In The Midwest
Bank4294967295
Bones19268.54 Bones

Post Reply with quote
My sig says it all. It was an incredible night. Who Dat!
Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:07 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Kaiju Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: