Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NFL 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap View previous topic
View next topic

NFL 2009
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Yeah...they replayed that on ESPN radio last night.

Man...I'm LOVING this!! [/color]
Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:18 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]I tell you what...nobody is going to be able to say the Saints cakewalked to the hardware if we pull this off.[/color][/quote]

Oh no. If the Saints win, they'll certainly get full credit for it. Frankly, I'm sick of the Colts. I'm tired of Peyton Manning with his "All-American" wholesome image, and the Colts themselves have no personality, no flair, no SOUL. I'm rooting for the Saints.
Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:21 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I can't hate on Manning. He's to me solid. You rarely EVER see him rattled in the pocket.

I love that Garcon dude. But what happened to the Colts running game?? Addai is just flat out average now.
Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:38 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
LocationThrowin' some D's on it!!!
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Marz"]I can't hate on Manning. He's to me solid. You rarely EVER see him rattled in the pocket.

I love that Garcon dude. But what happened to the Colts running game?? Addai is just flat out average now.[/quote]

Garcon was a straight beast yesterday. He was catching shit all over the place. Addai must be real banged up or something. He had a decent game yesterday, but still. I think Donald Brown is gonna get a lot more carries come next season.
Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:52 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"]
[color=darkred]
I know we got bigger fish to fry right now...but I CAN'T WAIT to FUCK Y'ALL UP next season!!!

I LOVE IT. I'm sick of that "sibling rivalry" between the Saints and Falcons anyway!! We need some Raiders/Chiefs, Cowboys/Redskins, Black & Blue division hatred kinda shit going on 'round here!!![/color][/quote]

Dude, I'm so there with you on this one!!! I would love to have this rivarly get bitter and nasty with a whole lot of shit talking.
Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:02 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
bodom

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts10653
LocationINDIANAPOLIS
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones
Game Trophies:  4
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Marz"]I can't hate on Manning. He's to me solid. You rarely EVER see him rattled in the pocket.

I love that Garcon dude. But what happened to the Colts running game?? Addai is just flat out average now.[/quote]
Their running game has been absent ALL YEAR LONG. Matter of fact, [url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9616]Addai rushed for 80 yards yesterday[/url] and that's the BEST he's done all season. He bounces too much to the outside whereas Donald Brown will pound it inside and run hard through the tackles. Addai is better suited at being a Reggie Bush like combo back. Catch the short screen pass and dance around. Addai did catch 51 passes this year.
Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bodom Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Whats going on in INDY?? Hysteria yet???

Have you been to their field yet??
Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:54 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="bodom"][quote="Marz"]I can't hate on Manning. He's to me solid. You rarely EVER see him rattled in the pocket.

Their running game has been absent ALL YEAR LONG. Matter of fact, [url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9616]Addai rushed for 80 yards yesterday[/url] and that's the BEST he's done all season. He bounces too much to the outside whereas Donald Brown will pound it inside and run hard through the tackles. Addai is better suited at being a Reggie Bush like combo back. Catch the short screen pass and dance around. Addai did catch 51 passes this year.[/quote]

[color=darkred]That's what kills me about Addai, though. It it a durability question? I wouldn't have called him a "pounder" per se (this was one of my favorite LSU players, and he was a GOOD SEC back...meaning "not phenomenal"), but it seemed that he used to hit the hole faster and bust arm tackles for yards after contact. I don't see him doing that anymore.[/color]
Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:02 am View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
bodom

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts10653
LocationINDIANAPOLIS
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones
Game Trophies:  4
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Marz"]Whats going on in INDY?? Hysteria yet???

Have you been to their field yet??[/quote]
It's hysteria, but mostly people are acting like they've been here before. It's a buzz, but not like three years ago. Curious fact. The Colts have been to the Super Bowl three times (once as the Baltimore Colts). All three times, the game has been in Miami.

The national buzz seems to be Go Saints! We are starting to turn into the Patriots. The Colts win with a team concept and they try to not like individuals hot dogging, doing trash talking, or acting like fools. Just like the '03 Patriots.

I've been around the stadium many times. That thing is HUGE when driving down the interstate. It was funny looking at this behemoth right next to the RCA Dome when both were up. I was like, "Where's the old dome? Oh that tiny thing?" I've still yet to go inside the building though. Colts tickets are tough to get and there hasn't been much else in terms of events for me to want to go see.

[url=http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=39.754366,-86.174698&spn=0.004652,0.021544&z=16&layer=c&cbll=39.754098,-86.169377&panoid=Oz1XepVmcfveCA01fZzaPw&cbp=11,40.52,,0,0.43]Lucas Oil Stadium on streetview (from interstate)[/url]

[url=http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2lWv-zQC0nWLbxd9M2dALg]Downtown view when walking to the stadium[/url]
Those huge six glass window panes which span from Manning to the other player poster are also retractable.
Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:31 am View user's profile Find all posts by bodom Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]While there may be sentiment with the Saints, the line goes to the Colts. Nobody is talking like the Saints even have a CHANCE in this game.

Pope Peyton I will deliver the trophy to Indy and his legacy as the greatest of all time will be affirmed.[/color]
Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:11 am View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
Kaiju

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts8375
LocationA Snowy Hilltop In The Midwest
Bank4294967295
Bones19268.54 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]While there may be sentiment with the Saints, the line goes to the Colts. Nobody is talking like the Saints even have a CHANCE in this game.

Pope Peyton I will deliver the trophy to Indy and his legacy as the greatest of all time will be affirmed.[/color][/quote]

I can see the Colts as the faves but the Saints aren't smoke and mirrors. A + B doesn't equal C in sports but it's a little baffling since the Saints and Colts had several common opponents this year and they turned in comparable performances for the most part.

Both teams played the Jets, Patriots, Cardinals, Dolphins and Bills. The Colts struggled with the Pats while the Saints pounded them. The Saints struggled with the Rams while Indy blew them out. Both waxed the Cardinals in impressive fashion and both gutted out wins against Miami. The Bills game isn't a good comparison because Indy was resting starters when they faced them.

I think this game will be more competitive than some people expect.
Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:50 am View user's profile Find all posts by Kaiju Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
hope_springs

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts10185
Locationend zone
Bank4294967295
Bones24350.16 Bones
Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
Hey Kaiju! We goin' to the superbowl! This whole season has made me terribly homesick.
Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:28 am View user's profile Find all posts by hope_springs Send private message
Kaiju

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts8375
LocationA Snowy Hilltop In The Midwest
Bank4294967295
Bones19268.54 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="hope_springs"]Hey Kaiju! We goin' to the superbowl! This whole season has made me terribly homesick.[/quote]

Same here. Folks are still partying down there. Laughing
Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:37 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Kaiju Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Kaiju"][quote="hope_springs"]Hey Kaiju! We goin' to the superbowl! This whole season has made me terribly homesick.[/quote]

Same here. Folks are still partying down there. Laughing[/quote]

They say the conundrum for Saints fans is whether to go Miami and get drunk or stay in New Orleans and get drunk. lmao
Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:09 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
juju

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22914
LocationNeverland Valley Ranch
Bank4294967295
Bones30244.24 Bones

Post Reply with quote
i've heard from more than one sports commentator/writer that "it's hard not to root for the saints." why? i'll root for the city, but i couldn't care less about the team. i like jim caldwell and i like peyton manning. i think all of petyon's accolades and laurels are well deserved. he's a beast.
Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:15 pm View user's profile Find all posts by juju Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]His dk ain't too big to get knocked in the dirt too. Warner got a ring. Favre got a ring. (The Patriots got an [i]assload[/i] of 'em. Laughing ) Manning got a ring...but it ain't THAT ring. I predict we gon' get in that ass.[/color]
Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:27 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]His dk ain't too big to get knocked in the dirt too. Warner got a ring. Favre got a ring. (The Patriots got an [i]assload[/i] of 'em. Laughing ) Manning got a ring...but it ain't THAT ring. I predict we gon' get in that ass.[/color][/quote]

LOL

We know that the Saints are going to score, but the question is, [b]can the Saints D stop the Colts from scoring[/b]? That's the entire game right there!

Also, Dwight Freeney either not 100 percent or flat out not playing might be huge for the Saints. Like I said before, I'm sick of the boring ass Colts, and I hope the Saints do down in Miami what my Bears SHOULD have done 3 years ago (had we had a decent fucking quarterback), which is win that damn Super Bowl.

Should be exciting.
Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:29 am View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
The Bears should have won that fucking Super Bowl, got damn you Rex Grossman.
Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:37 am View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Let's see if any of Sunday's commercials will top what is in my opinion the best Super Bowl commercial of all time!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

LOL!
Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:40 am View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BobbyDigital

Joined03 Aug 2002
Posts7583
LocationBlack Hollywood
Bank0
Bones21765.78 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b]You heard it here first.

This game won't be close. I think N.O. comes in under-estimating the Colts defense (thinking they'll be able to throw however they want to) and put themselves in punting position or turnovers and will likely be down about two scores going into halftime.

I think Peyton Manning is going to have one of those [i]moments[/i] where he probably breaks a record or something. I think it'll be a good first half... but the game will be over before the 4th quarter.

Colts have too many weapons on offense, they don't give up the ball, they take advantage of other team mistakes, and that defense is better than people give it credit for.

The Dwight Freeney issue is an issue. But I think people are really sleeping on the skills of Raheem Brock. He's not a good of a pass rusher as Freeney, but dude can ball. Not to mention he probably has a big chip on his shoulder since folks are talking (or better yet, not talking about him) as if he's incapable of filling in.

I look for him to split time with Freeney and have a solid game that can put his name out there as a potential NFL starter.[/b]
Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:22 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BobbyDigital Send private message Yahoo Messenger

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: