Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NFL 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap View previous topic
View next topic

NFL 2009
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]2 words....

Who. Dat. [/color] Cool
Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:11 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
How in the hell does a stud like Marques Colston go down to the seventh round is beyond me. You miss and a guy goes down a round or two but 7th?? There are what 28 teams in the league so he was pass over 28 times 6x. Unreal. I say that to say he's definitely a big reason of the Saints success. It's still early but you can't argue whats happened now.

Sanchez or Sanchise seems for real. Well my Lions looked good the first half till it all unraveled.

YEAH for Dallas losing how they lost. Yeah for New england losing.

Oakland's 2-0, wow!!! Glad Cutler made up for that horrid performance last week.

TO, how did you drop that ball?? The game is all about short memories but that was an easy six.

Mr Ouchocinco is backing up the talk with some good numbers so far. When in the hell did Benson learn how to be a running back,lol.
Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:02 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
LocationThrowin' some D's on it!!!
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Good win for the Falcons to push them to 2-0. The Ryan/Gonzalez connection is looking real good early on. Our running game hasn't really gotten untracked yet, but I'm sure that will happen. We didn't pressure Delhomme as much as I thought we would, and he made us pay with big completions to Steve Smith. Still, we came away with the W. Our defense will definitely be tested next week at New England. We've got to pressure Brady the way the Jets did, or else Moss and Welker are gonna burn our DB's. Speaking of our defense, can somebody please demote Jamaal Anderson? He has not even recorded a tackle in the first two games. What a waste of a first round pick.

The Cowboys stunk up the joint last night in the loss to the Giants. Still, that stadium is ridiculous. I wanna go see it in person.

I need to send a scathing letter to Steelers kicker Jeff Reed. Thanks to him, I have been eliminated from my football pool. Rat bastid!!!!! lol

To piggy back on that game, Jay Cutler definitely rebounded nicely from that horrid performance against Green Bay. That Johnny Knox kid might be a keeper for them at WR. If they keep playing like that, then we will definitely be in for a tough game when the Bears come to town for the prime time game in week 6
Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
bodom

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts10653
LocationINDIANAPOLIS
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones
Game Trophies:  4
Hall Of Fame Member

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Marz"]How in the hell does a stud like Marques Colston go down to the seventh round is beyond me. You miss and a guy goes down a round or two but 7th?? There are what 28 teams in the league so he was pass over 28 times 6x. Unreal. I say that to say he's definitely a big reason of the Saints success. It's still early but you can't argue whats happened now.[/quote]
The knock on Colston was that he isn't a speedster, and he isn't a muscular freak of nature a la TO or Andre Johnson. He was labeled as a "possession" receiver and he got passed on.

[quote="Marz"]Sanchez or Sanchise seems for real. Well my Lions looked good the first half till it all unraveled.[/quote]
Just give it to Adrian Peterson. However, I believe the Lions WILL beat the Deadskins. The Deadskins are pretty lame and are quite vulnerable. Go Lions!!

[quote="Marz"]YEAH for Dallas losing how they lost. Yeah for New england losing.[/quote]
I hate those pussy ass timeouts at the end. More on this later...

[quote="Marz"]Oakland's 2-0, wow!!! Glad Cutler made up for that horrid performance last week.[/quote]
Huh? Oakland lost to San Diego as Sproles ran up the middle. San Diego then tried the same shit against Baltimore's defense, and Ray Lewis STUFFED him. That ish may have worked against Oakland, but Norv Turner should have known better than try that mess against Baltimore.

Cutler is OK. The Bears were very fortunate to win given that Jeff Reed missed two FGs. You could see him on the sidelines crying...

[quote="Marz"]TO, how did you drop that ball?? The game is all about short memories but that was an easy six.[/quote]
TO drops a lot of balls and I don't know if it was the shadows, trying to make a play before the caught it, or was thinking of celebrations, but there was no excuse for that one.

[quote="Marz"]Mr Ouchocinco is backing up the talk with some good numbers so far. When in the hell did Benson learn how to be a running back,lol.[/quote]
Tell me about it. Benson as a feature back? And what about Buffalo and Fred Jackson running for 163 yards. What do you do with Marshawn Lynch?

OK, two things need to change.

1. I'm tired of these pussy ass TOs at the last second of FGs. Props to Lawrence Tynes for not doing it once, but twice to beat Dallas. Shanahan won a game doing this and some other coach lost a game doing it. I don't know what the NFL could do to tweak the rules, but I don't care for it.

2. Tennessee lost their momentum to a bad rule. They kicked to Jacoby Jones and he signalled for a fair catch. The ball hit him in the chest and he dropped the ball. The Tennessee guy caught it in the air and tried to advance the ball. The rule? Houston's ball. Since the receiver called fair catch, by rule he can bobble the ball all day. He retains his right to a fair catch until the ball hits the ground. Theoretically, he can play pittypat and juggle it 4-5 times, as long as the ball doesn't hit the ground.

That's a bunch of bull. You bobble it, you're no longer in possession of the ball. And since you touched it, it should be Tennessee's ball. Tennessee was robbed on this play.

Advance to the 3:00 mark
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d812ca96b/NFL-GameDay-Texans-vs-Titans-highlights
Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:46 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bodom Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Wow, I didn't know Oakland lost that game Monday night. I went to bed after Jamarcus threw that last touchdown pass. I believe it was that game where they got a TD taken away from them over a BS lack of possession call.

[i]
I hate those pussy ass timeouts at the end. More on this later... [/i]

Thats what I mean about how they lost. More injuries occur on special teams than any other aspect of the game. So these fuckers are trying to ice the kicker but their putting their players under risk also. When that works it looks great but these guys are professionals and it's very rare that'll work. Let one of the big name players get injured and I guarantee the competition committee reviews that.
Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:44 am View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Speaking of injuries, we lost one of our starting DT's for the rest of the season. Peria Jerry was our first round pick this year and was progressing nicely. Damn.
Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:57 am View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
RemyDee

Joined14 May 2006
Posts3609
Locationsomewhere you're not
Bank0
Bones17370.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
McNabb (McRib) is still out and Vick may still sit out on this week's game. What gives? What's the point of letting him come onto the field to only sit it out on the sidelines????? This guy just can't get a break.
Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:55 pm View user's profile Find all posts by RemyDee Send private message Send e-mail
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="RemyDee"]McNabb (McRib) is still out and Vick may still sit out on this week's game. What gives? What's the point of letting him come onto the field to only sit it out on the sidelines????? This guy just can't get a break.[/quote]

You have to remember that Vick has been out of football for two years, and it wasn't due to injuries. I'm sure he's still in better shape than most people, but he's not ready to step in and start for any team at the moment.
Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:10 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Last I heard is that Kolb will start, Vick will be #2. Garcia or McNabb will be designated as emergency QB (doesn't count against the roster). If I'm Andy Reid, I'm using a roster spot to keep Garcia as #3 with McNabb as emergency QB this week.

IMO, Vick will play this week in "wildcat" situations. If Garcia is not on the roster, we may see Vick in as a full backup if Kolb can't hold it together. Eagles fans better hope that never happens...if it does and Vick pulls a victory from the jaws of defeat, it will be a total clusterfuck in Philly. Remember, a big part of this whole thing is keeping McDiva happy.[/color]
Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:45 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
BobbyDigital

Joined03 Aug 2002
Posts7583
LocationBlack Hollywood
Bank0
Bones21765.78 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b]I just hope that Vick isn't to timid and gleeful when he's on the field.

I want to see that swagger and killer instinct he had. Not this "happy and priviledged to be here" person he's been in those pre-season games.[/b]
Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:25 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BobbyDigital Send private message Yahoo Messenger
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Week 3 is almost here. Make your picks!!!

Washington at [b]Detroit[/b]

[b]Green Bay[/b] at St. Louis

San Francisco at [b]Minnesota [/b]

[b]Atlanta[/b] at New England

Tennessee at [b]NY Jets [/b]

Kansas City at [b]Philadelphia[/b]

[b]NY Giants[/b] at Tampa Bay

Cleveland at [b]Baltimore[/b]

Jacksonville at [b]Houston [/b]

[b]New Orleans[/b] at Buffalo

[b]Chicago[/b] at Seattle

Miami at [b]San Diego[/b]

[b]Pittsburgh[/b] at Cincinnati

[b]Denver[/b] at Oakland

[b]Indianapolis[/b] at Arizona

MON, SEP 28
Carolina at [b]Dallas [/b]
Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:49 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="BobbyDigital"][b]I just hope that Vick isn't to timid and gleeful when he's on the field.

I want to see that swagger and killer instinct he had. Not this "happy and priviledged to be here" person he's been in those pre-season games.[/b][/quote]
[color=darkred]
I think the "Superman" comment belied his true feelings on the matter. He knows his future is in his own hands, and I think he has an honest appreciation of that. Hell, I'd be gleeful too.[/color]
Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:15 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Congrats to "the D" and the Lions!! Shake it off.[/color]
Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:22 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
jewellthief

Joined10 Dec 2004
Posts2947
Locationin my skin....
Bank0
Bones18732.50 Bones

Post Reply with quote
wow....

if not for an ill timed tipped pass, the Bengals would be 3-0 now.... Shocked
Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:13 am View user's profile Find all posts by jewellthief Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]2 words....

Who. Dat. [/color] Cool[/quote]

two more,

Who. Cares.
Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:28 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
anybody heard the clip of the T.O. post game "press conference" yesterday? I have never heard such blatant attempts by the media to get a rise out of someone. And the longer it went, the more disrespectful the media idiots got because T.O. wasn't falling for the okey doke.
Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:43 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
It's OVAH Smile

Props to Swartz for having them walk out the field and shake the hands of the fans.

Now to the Vyqueens. Everyone knows someone did catch the ball that Brett threw right?? You won't hear his name but someone did have to make the catch and it was better than the throw. that said respect due on that I can't hate.
Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:46 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I didn't see T.O.'s press conference, but it doesn't surprise me that the media would try to bait into saying something inflammatory so that they could run with it the next day. Even though the Bills lost, I will give their defense credit for holding Drew Brees to under 200 yds passing and no TD's.

Congrats to the Lions. I'm glad they were finally able to get that monkey off their backs. Sucks for the Redskins though. lol If it wasn't for the fact that Jim Zorn does the work of 3 different people, he might be on the hot seat for real.

That was an unbelievable catch by Greg Lewis to win the game for the Vikings yesterday. The 49ers were just one play away from a 3-0 start. I'm happy for Mike Singletary and I hope his team continues to improve. Just not when we play them in two weeks. lol

I was quite disappointed with our effort against the Pats yesterday. Our play calling was way too conservative, especially in the second half. Also, I'm at a loss as to why our DC didn't attempt to follow the Jets blueprint when they beat the Pats. We didn't get much pressure at all on Brady. We also have to get tighter against the run. There's no way Fred Taylor should have been able to gash us yesterday. Lastly, I normally don't like to blame the refs, but there were some terrible calls in that game, the main one being the Matt Ryan incomplete pass that they initially ruled a fumble and a TD. Even the announcers were like, "what were the refs thinking on that one?" Then there was that bogus roughing the passer call where Brady was barely tapped by Jamaal Anderson. I could understand that call if he knocked him on his ass, but that wasn't the cae. At any rate, we have two weeks to stew on this loss before heading out west to play San Fran. Let's hope they make the right adjustments.
Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:10 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="OHbrotha"][quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]2 words....

Who. Dat. [/color] Cool[/quote]

two more,

Who. Cares.[/quote]

[color=darkred]Don't be mad cuz you stuck with Quinn, Edwards, and Mangini, Twan.

Hey, is Mangini going to fine the fans for booing their asses?[/color]
Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:01 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]That was a tough loss for the Falcons. That was one of the few games where I was rooting for them. I don't care what anybody says, Tom Brady is still OFF. We don't get them until the Monday after Thanksgiving...he'll probably be straight by then.

I was surprised that the Bills held Brees to under 200 yards and no TD passes, but I was elated to see the running game show up and do something. Saints-Jets should be the game of the week on Sunday. That's going to be a tough one. If they can get to Sanchez, they should be able to rattle that offense enough so that whatever we can do against a pretty decent Jets defense should be enough.[/color]
Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:09 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: