Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Dudes the first date gotta be the cheapest date? For real LO
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul View previous topic
View next topic

Dudes the first date gotta be the cheapest date? For real LO
kateyes

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts13386
LocationAND U SAY CHI CITY!
Bank0
Bones34666.16 Bones

Post Dudes the first date gotta be the cheapest date? For real LO Reply with quote
So this cat that is and I are having a convo about dating...we are not dating by the way.

He said something that I have heard before but I am like yo what type of hoes did you mess with that you had to put a price limit on your dates Laughing Laughing

Dude said that his rule...IT IS A RULE Laughing , is that the first date is the cheapest date. He said something about Starbucks and that if the girl is into him she would be happy with a simple date. I aint got a problem with a date that is not expensive but you need to be a lil bit more creative than some damn Starbucks...call me what you want to but I aint Laughing

I assume this is done because he does not want to spend gobs of dough on a female he does not really know. Okay fine. At the same time, it's like dude what happened? Just go out have a good time and really you don't deal with females that have their own money? If I go out on a date I am not checking to see how expensive shit is Laughing He is not broke and is actually kinda popular because he is a dj ( that is not his only career) so I am sure he has it to spend...maybe he feels women are out for his dough and he is not use to dealing with females that are like "nigga, everything I want [b]I[/b] got it"

comments mimes? Laughing
Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:47 pm View user's profile Find all posts by kateyes Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

I'm not seeing the problem.

"Going to get coffee" is more than just inexpensive. It's casual, and there are no expectations from either party. You can spring for the girl's drink or she can pay for it herself. Either way, it a no harm-no foul situation.

I don't think this is based on the 'TYPE' of woman (whether she has her own money) either. The idea is to get to know the person in as comfortable a setting as possible. Coffee is easy, it's effortless, it won't cost the female a paycheck to get dressed for or a paycheck for the dude to pay. Laughing

The masculine tendency in me has a bit of a 'tude that some female would get offended about meeting for coffee. Maybe I'm not tryna blow that kind of cash on you 'cause I don't know you. And I also don't know if I want to spend more than five minutes... let alone five dollars... on your ass.

If you got your lips twisted up about going out for coffee, don't expect to hear from me again. Truth.

I gotta side with your boy on this one.
Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:54 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
One other thing...

Coffee normally takes place in the daytime, under natural light. That way, I can see your whole face. Not 15 pounds of makeup, wigs, lashes, painful shoes, too tight clothes, and whatever else goes into nighttime gear. Laughing I can see what you really look like, in the daylight... which may FURTHER help the decision regarding whether I want to see you again. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:58 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
kateyes

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts13386
Bank0
Bones34666.16 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="ingenue"]One other thing...

Coffee normally takes place in the daytime, under natural light. That way, I can see your whole face. Not 15 pounds of makeup, wigs, lashes, painful shoes, too tight clothes, and whatever else goes into nighttime gear. Laughing I can see what you really look like, in the daylight... which may FURTHER help the decision regarding whether I want to see you again. Laughing Laughing Laughing[/quote]

What if you are not a coffee drinker or just don't like ..Starbucks Laughing I am game for a meeting folks in the day light, not having to stay that long on a date, etc. You don't have to do much, but there are some alternatives for a cheap date besides Starbucks Laughing True you can get something else, you are not going out for the drinks of course, but it would be nice to do something a lil more creative. We got museums, other lil atmospheres and cafes that are more jiggy than Starbucks Laughing and you don't have to worry about spending money or x amount of time. Starbucks is good for Starbucks people, but I think it is nice to kinda try and make a lil effort as to what the date ( whether it is the man or woman...depending who asked who out) would enjoy.
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:07 pm View user's profile Find all posts by kateyes Send private message Yahoo Messenger
kateyes

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts13386
Bank0
Bones34666.16 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="ingenue"]Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

I'm not seeing the problem.

"Going to get coffee" is more than just inexpensive. It's casual, and there are no expectations from either party. You can spring for the girl's drink or she can pay for it herself. Either way, it a no harm-no foul situation.

I don't think this is based on the 'TYPE' of woman (whether she has her own money) either. The idea is to get to know the person in as comfortable a setting as possible. Coffee is easy, it's effortless, it won't cost the female a paycheck to get dressed for or a paycheck for the dude to pay. Laughing

The masculine tendency in me has a bit of a 'tude that some female would get offended about meeting for coffee. Maybe I'm not tryna blow that kind of cash on you 'cause I don't know you. And I also don't know if I want to spend more than five minutes... let alone five dollars... on your ass.

If you got your lips twisted up about going out for coffee, don't expect to hear from me again. Truth.

I gotta side with your boy on this one.[/quote]

I mentioned the "type" because he kept harboring on not spending money so this is something that is REALLY pressing for him. I think he may have had some bad experiences where expected him to wine and dine them, or maybe he did and they ended up being someone less than stellar or that may have been their reason for the date. Something happened to this child because he is very strong in his position of putting a price on these first dates. Like at $5.01 he is up Laughing
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:15 pm View user's profile Find all posts by kateyes Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I'm not looking at you or talking to you at a museum. We're both looking at (and pretending to be interested in) the stuff on the walls or standing in the middle of the floors. Laughing

I don't drink coffee. But there are other things to drink at Starbucks besides coffee.

I'm not taking your ass to a cafe. You might not know how to act. It's rather easy to blow 50.00 at Urth Cafe without even trying. You might not be worth it, chick. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Anyway, it's not even about the coffee. You realize that, right? It's about getting to know you... in a casual setting... where I can SEE and TALK to you one on one with no distractions. You don't have to worry about getting lettuce in your teeth, 'cause you won't be eating any. Laughing You can have a casual conversation for however long... nursing a drink that neither one of you probably wants.

Starbucks/Coffee Bean/blah blah blah offer that.

Laughing
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:15 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
Rock Star

Joined16 Nov 2004
Posts19420
Bank0
Bones58532.34 Bones

Post Reply with quote
We all clowned this guy in my old office back in the day for taking this chick on a FIRST date to Lawry's (The Prime Rib). What are YOU thinking?! The more hilarious part was that she didn't eat meat! So what does that mean? She HAD to order the lobster. Laughing Laughing Laughing He could afford it but it was all quite hilarious ... He was trying to impress her and it didn't work. Something simple during the day as a first date makes sense to me.
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:16 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Rock Star Send private message Send e-mail
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="kateyes"]

I mentioned the "type" because he kept harboring on not spending money so this is something that is REALLY pressing for him. I think he may have had some bad experiences where expected him to wine and dine them, or maybe he did and they ended up being someone less than stellar or that may have been their reason for the date. Something happened to this child because he is very strong in his position of putting a price on these first dates. Like at $5.01 he is up Laughing[/quote]

It might be really pressing for him. So what? That doesn't make him cheap across the board. He might not like spending money on a chick out the gate. It's HIS money. If he don't wanna spend it on random broads, I don't really blame him. Seriously. It doesn't matter if she has her own or not. She could have her own and still not be worth the ink that his dollar bill is printed with. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Leave that man alone. I don't blame him at all.
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:20 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Rock Star"]We all clowned this guy in my old office back in the day for taking this chick on a FIRST date to Lawry's (The Prime Rib). What are YOU thinking?! [b]The more hilarious part was that she didn't eat meat[/b]! So what does that mean? She HAD to order the lobster. Laughing Laughing Laughing He could afford it but it was all quite hilarious ... He was trying to impress her and it didn't work. Something simple during the day as a first date makes sense to me.[/quote]

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Keep it simple!

Sheesh... this is one of those 'making things more diffucult than they have to be' things.

Laughing
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:22 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
kateyes

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts13386
Bank0
Bones34666.16 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I agree that simple is the best route..hecky naw you don't spend money like that on a first date..I get that. I am just saying can you consider what the date would like as long as it not far fetched Laughing Like if you know I like the damn park and it's nice outside...we can go to the park and walk, or if I do like the museum they do have I am sure an area..a small dining area... even a small Starbucks in that joint Laughing Hell we can talk about the shit we pretended to pay attention to. Just a least consider your date is what I am saying. Yeah you are not going for the "coffee" or the latte and bagel and shit, but it is a nice gesture to say Nicki did say she likes jazz and there is a free jazz in the park event. Hell you may come out cheaper than going to Starbucks Laughing

I am speaking about a first date with someone who you kinda know...at this point you know about them but have decided to give that first date a try....not no strange hoe or nigga who you aint got no clue about Laughing Laughing
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:32 pm View user's profile Find all posts by kateyes Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
M'kay... so I kinda know you. That doesn't mean that I wanna spend more than Starbucks $$$ on you. Laughing There seems to be a disconnect here.

GOING TO A JAZZ CONCERT AIN'T GETTING TO KNOW YOU! That's a friend or a couple thing. We're listening to music and NOT talking.

No dice.

Laughing

Seriously, if ya'll are friends and wanna take it to the next level, the DISCUSS where ya'll wanna go. Don't leave it all on him. Have a conversation.

I STILL don't see the issue with going to Starbucks. Even with all that, that you explained. Laughing
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
Rock Star

Joined16 Nov 2004
Posts19420
Bank0
Bones58532.34 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="kateyes"]I am speaking about a first date with someone who you kinda know...at this point you know about them but have decided to give that first date a try....not no strange hoe or nigga who you aint got no clue about Laughing Laughing[/quote]

If you REALLY are wanting to get to know this person, why do you want them to break the bank? First date with my honey? Pizza and beer. Very Happy
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:41 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Rock Star Send private message Send e-mail
kateyes

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts13386
Bank0
Bones34666.16 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Rock Star"][quote="kateyes"]I am speaking about a first date with someone who you kinda know...at this point you know about them but have decided to give that first date a try....not no strange hoe or nigga who you aint got no clue about Laughing Laughing[/quote]

If you REALLY are wanting to get to know this person, why do you want them to break the bank? First date with my honey? Pizza and beer. Very Happy[/quote]

I don't I am just saying..can we go somewhere else aside from Starbucks Laughing
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:44 pm View user's profile Find all posts by kateyes Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Like where?

If you don't like Starbucks, tell him that. Ya'll have a conversation. But NO to a damned museum or jazz concert. I can't talk to you at either place.
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:51 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
kateyes

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts13386
Bank0
Bones34666.16 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[b]Seriously, if ya'll are friends and wanna take it to the next level, the DISCUSS where ya'll wanna go. Don't leave it all on him. Have a conversation.[/b]

I STILL don't see the issue with going to Starbucks. Even with all that, that you explained. Laughing[/quote]

That's all I am saying. He just says BOOM STARBUCKS Laughing Starbucks is an issue if a person don't like Starbucks just like the Jazz Concert may be an issue for someone who don't like Jazz Laughing Laughing Like I said these are not strangers, these are people who do know each other and are taking a first date so going to a Jazz Concert in my opinion is cool. I am not talking about random folk who you gotta clutch your purses around Laughing

And I ain't bothering this man Laughing I have no issue with him not spending a dime on his dates, we had a discussion and I just thought he may wanna do something different cause soon all them chicks are gonna catch on and wait for him at the damn Starbucks Laughing Laughing Laughing
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:53 pm View user's profile Find all posts by kateyes Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Rock Star

Joined16 Nov 2004
Posts19420
Bank0
Bones58532.34 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Do you want someone or not?? Laughing Sometimes it doesn't hurt to just go with the flow. Usually when a guy invites you out on a first date, you GO where you have been INVITED to go. When it's YOUR turn to ask the man out on a date then YOU take him to a 5-star meal.

It really isn't that serious.

Now if he wants you to come over and give him some head on a first date then you have a problem. If he wants to meet at Starbucks and you don't drink coffe, get a Taza ... they're good and low cal. Sit, have a conversation and take your ass home. No need to be thirsty. You want to spend 4 and 5 hours on a date doing [i]jazzzz[/i] in the park on the first date. No dice. Laughing
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:54 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Rock Star Send private message Send e-mail
kateyes

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts13386
Bank0
Bones34666.16 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="ingenue"]Like where?

If you don't like Starbucks, tell him that. Ya'll have a conversation. But NO to a damned museum or jazz concert. I can't talk to you at either place.[/quote]

I said park somewhere here...shit Navy Pier, the beach. Of course you can't do that right now Laughing There are some places that are reasonably priced to have a cocktail.

Da fuck I am picking out shit for...this ain't my date Laughing Laughing

Anyway, he likes cooking for women and I told him that is cool, however many women may not want to come over your house just yet.
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:58 pm View user's profile Find all posts by kateyes Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Rock Star"]Do you want someone or not?? Laughing [b]Sometimes it doesn't hurt to just go with the flow. Usually when a guy invites you out on a first date, you GO where you have been INVITED to go.[/b] When it's YOUR turn to ask the man out on a date then YOU take him to a 5-star meal.

[b]It really isn't that serious.[/b]

Now if he wants you to come over and give him some head on a first date then you have a problem. If he wants to meet at Starbucks and you don't drink coffe, get a Taza ... they're good and low cal. [b]Sit, have a conversation and take your ass home.[/b] No need to be thirsty. You want to spend 4 and 5 hours on a date doing [i]jazzzz[/i] in the park on the first date. No dice. Laughing[/quote]

[size=9]AMEN[/size] [size=12]AMEN[/size] [size=18]AMEN[/size] [size=24]AMEN[/size]!!!!!

[size=24]SHEESH![/size]

This is NOT that diffucult.

Seriously.
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:58 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="kateyes"][quote="ingenue"]Like where?

If you don't like Starbucks, tell him that. Ya'll have a conversation. But NO to a damned museum or jazz concert. I can't talk to you at either place.[/quote]

I said park somewhere here...shit Navy Pier, the beach. Of course you can't do that right now Laughing There are some places that are reasonably priced to have a cocktail.

Da fuck I am picking out shit for...this ain't my date Laughing Laughing

Anyway, he likes cooking for women and I told him that is cool, however many women may not want to come over your house just yet.[/quote]

Kat, you doin' too much.

Go to starbucks, have a tea, and take your ass home.

Keep it light.

Goodness.
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:59 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
kateyes

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts13386
Bank0
Bones34666.16 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Rock Star"]Do you want someone or not?? Laughing Sometimes it doesn't hurt to just go with the flow. Usually when a guy invites you out on a first date, you GO where you have been INVITED to go. When it's YOUR turn to ask the man out on a date then YOU take him to a 5-star meal.

It really isn't that serious.

Now if he wants you to come over and give him some head on a first date then you have a problem. If he wants to meet at Starbucks and you don't drink coffe, get a Taza ... they're good and low cal. Sit, have a conversation and take your ass home. No need to be thirsty. You want to spend 4 and 5 hours on a date doing [i]jazzzz[/i] in the park on the first date. No dice. Laughing[/quote]

OMG this aint my problem Laughing Laughing I just told the nigga try something else besides Starbucks as we were discussin HIS dating. WE ARE NOT IN NO SHAPE OR FORM GOING OUT ON A DATE Laughing

I have been on dates like...Starbucks just to feel the person out. I suggested to him to try something differen since he KNOWS these females and he may have an idea of what THEY like. We have tons of free things to do in Chicago....use them Laughing
Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:06 pm View user's profile Find all posts by kateyes Send private message Yahoo Messenger

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Soul II Soul All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: