Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NFL 2011 season
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap View previous topic
View next topic

NFL 2011 season
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
LocationThrowin' some D's on it!!!
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post NFL 2011 season Reply with quote
Now that this lockout nonsense is over, let's talk all the moves that have been made prior to the start of the season.

Donovan McNabb to the Vikings
Matt Hasselbeck to the Titans
Albert Haynesworth to the Patriots
Reggie Bush to the Dolphins
Kevin Kolb to the Cardinals for Dominique Rogers-Cromartie(this one isn't official, but it's only a matter of time)
Sidney Rice to the Seahawks, along with Tavaris Jackson

The Jets are making a serious push for Nnamdi Asomugha to join them. If that happens. he and Darrelle Revis will be probably the best CB tandem in the league.

Are you ready for some football!!!!
Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:08 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Ready! Ready!! READY!!!

Still waiting to see the full details of the Reggie Bush trade. My concern is that it seemed that we had a fit with a Bush/Ingram backfield, but now what do they do? Jerious Norwood? Do they think Lance Moore fills most of that role?
[/color]
Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:11 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Bears release tight end Greg Olsen and now they're courting [b]Roy Williams[/b]. Idea Not sure if I want his primadonna ass on my team.

I [i]am[/i] glad that they got rid of Brandon Manumaleuna with his fat, worthless ass. Not sure what the fuck Mike Martz was thinking when they signed him. He was CLEARLY out of shape.

I'm still shocked the Cowboys cut Marion Barber. Maybe the Bears can pick his ass up.

We got Atlanta Week 1 at Soldier. October 23 we're in London against the Bucs. I'm going. Very Happy

Anyway, I'm excited!

We got somewhat of a "soft" schedule, but as we all know, you can never tell who's going to be good.

9/11 FALCONS 12:00 PM
9/18 @ Saints 12:00 PM
9/25 PACKERS 3:15 PM
10/2 PANTHERS 12:00 PM
10/10 @ Lions 7:30 PM
10/16 VIKINGS 7:20 PM
10/23 @ Buccaneers 12:00 PM
11/7 @ Eagles 7:30 PM
11/13 LIONS 12:00 PM
11/20 CHARGERS 3:15 PM
11/27 @ Raiders 3:05 PM
12/4 CHIEFS 12:00 PM
12/11 @ Broncos 3:05 PM
12/18 SEAHAWKS 12:00 PM
12/25 @ Packers 7:20 PM
1/1 @ Vikings 12:00 PM
Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:32 am View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Your division is promising to be a bit tougher this year, Dun. You'll have a tough enough time with that. The first half of your season has 5 games against playoff/10 win teams from last season...not counting the Lions (who are supposed to be much improved) and the Vikings (who it looks like are getting McNabb although Rice is packing his bags).

NFC North vs NFC South...potentially the best two divisions in football, head to head. Good Luck! [/color] Twisted Evil Laughing
Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:33 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]NFC North vs NFC South...potentially the best two divisions in football, head to head. Good Luck! [/color] Twisted Evil Laughing[/quote]

Laughing

I really want to make it to the game down in New Orleans. Maybe I see you there...LOL

I heard the Patriots picked up [b]Ochocinco[/b] and Haynesworth. Hahaaaaaaa!
Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:09 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
MrHC, I read this morning that the Saints have signed Darren Sproles from the Chargers. He'll surely take the place of Bush.

What do ya'll think about Ochocinco getting traded to the Patriots? I'm sure he's happy to get the hell out of Cincy. Too bad Mike Brown is being an ass about Carson Palmer.

NFC North vs. South is gonna have some good games. Saints/Packers to open the season, Packers/Falcons on Sunday night in a week 5 rematch from the playoffs, and I'm sure the Bucs are going to play some good games this season too.
Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:15 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Roy Williams I saw coming to Chicago primary due to Mike Martz and him having his best season with him in Detroit. He had a decent season in Dallas last year but overall he's been a bust if you look at his contract and how he's being paid like an ELITE receiver.

I'm pretty sure Chicago got him for the dirt and while I like Hester. You guys truly needed a REAL receiver there.

I got a bet with someone that my Lions are making the playoffs this year. Risky bet but unlike most, I don't believe things remain the same. No knowledgable person here picked Green Bay winning the Super Bowl last year or Seattle making the playoffs so lets not act like what I'm saying is impossible.

4 straight wins last year. We got a vicious front 4 on the defensive side that makes it easier for the secondary. All we need is for Stafford to stay healthy, the organization to sure up the O L, and we're on the right path.

I like Chad but I hate the Patriots and I LOATHE Bill the Cheater. That said I hope this moves flops but not to where it affects Chad.

I wonder is McNabb gonna show up OUT OF SHAPE in MPLS this year. I have mixed emotions there. I want mcNabb to succeed but I want that team to DIE,lol.
Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:23 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I just read that Vince Young has agreed to a 1 year deal with the Eagles to back up Michael Vick.

Looks like there will be some holdouts too: Osi Umenyiora, Chris Johnson, and Desean Jackson are no-shows at camp so far.
Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:36 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Big day for my Falcons. We needed help at defensive end, and we got it in the form of Ray Edwards from the Vikings. After the Panthers re-signed Charles Johnson for 6 years, $72 million, I figured Edwards would be looking for a similar deal. Well, we got him for 5 years, $30 million. He and John Abraham will form a nice tandem for at least one year, then Edwards will become our primary pass rusher.

The other concern was our offensive line. We had 3 starters that were free agents and we've resigned one so far; RT Tyson Clabo (5 years, $25 million). I've heard that RG Harvey Dahl has signed with the Rams, so it appears that we will try to keep LG Justin Blalock. The good news is that we've drafted linemen the past two years, so we have others who can step up and compete for the RG spot, if the Dahl information is true.
Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:23 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
faceman68

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts6035
Bank0
Bones13682.54 Bones

Post Reply with quote
ESPN.com: NFL [Print without images]

Friday, July 29, 2011
Source: Nnamdi Asomugha to Eagles
ESPN.com news services

Nnamdi Asomugha has agreed to a five-year, $60 million deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
The former Oakland Raiders cornerback appeared headed to the Dallas Cowboys, but Asomugha's agent said friday evening the Cowboys were not in consideration.
The Eagles also confirmed the signings of defensive end Jason Babin, tight end Donald Lee and wide receiver Johnnie Lee Higgins on Twitter Friday.
NFL Transactions Analysis

The free-agent signings and trades will come fast and furious now that the lockout is over. ESPN.com's division bloggers will react to all of the big moves throughout this frenzied period. Blog

The New York Jets went hard after Asomugha, who would've been paired with fellow All-Pro Darrelle Revis -- arguably the two best cornerbacks in the NFL. Coach Rex Ryan delivered a strong sales pitch, according to a source, but the intense, four-day negotiation ended with a "No."
The San Francisco 49ers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Houston Texans were involved at various points.
This was a setback for the Jets, who basically put their free agent operation on hold as they waited for Asomugha's decision. It leaves them with a gaping hole in their defense, but they will move immediately to try to re-sign free agent Antonio Cromartie, who started opposite Revis last season.
With their attention focused on Asomugha over the past few days, the Jets may find it awkward to go back to Cromartie, who might not want to be their consolation prize. Cromartie is no Asomugha, but he played well for much of the season in Rex Ryan's cornerback-reliant defense. Ryan needs two lockdown corners in his system because he plays so much man-to-man coverage.
"I have a philosophy that you lose games fastest at quarterback and cornerback, so you better make sure you have some corners who can cover some people," Ryan said Wednesday.
The Jets ranked sixth in pass defense last season, but they allowed a surprisingly high number of touchdown passes -- 24. They intercepted only 12. For the most part, opponents stayed away from Revis, attempting twice as many passes in Cromartie's direction.
The Jets are flirting with other free agent corners, namely Chris Carr (Baltimore Ravens), but they're all a notch below Asomugha and Cromartie. On the bench, they have former No. 1 pick Kyle Wilson, who's coming off a shaky rookie year.
Their fascination with Asomugha may have been costly. On Thursday, they let all-purpose star Brad Smith bolt to the Buffalo Bills without so much as an offer, because they were planning to use the money for Asomugha.
To make room for Asomugha and other free agents, the Jets re-worked the contracts of running back LaDainian Tomlinson, linebackers Calvin Pace and Bart Scott and guard Brandon Moore. On Friday, the Jets released backup quarterback Mark Brunell, but they intend to re-sign him at a lower salary.
Information from ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini was used in this report.
Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:12 am View user's profile Find all posts by faceman68 Send private message Send e-mail
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DamnYouAll"]Big day for my Falcons. We needed help at defensive end, and we got it in the form of Ray Edwards from the Vikings. After the Panthers re-signed Charles Johnson for 6 years, $72 million, I figured Edwards would be looking for a similar deal. Well, we got him for 5 years, $30 million. He and John Abraham will form a nice tandem for at least one year, then Edwards will become our primary pass rusher.

The other concern was our offensive line. We had 3 starters that were free agents and we've resigned one so far; RT Tyson Clabo (5 years, $25 million). I've heard that RG Harvey Dahl has signed with the Rams, so it appears that we will try to keep LG Justin Blalock. The good news is that we've drafted linemen the past two years, so we have others who can step up and compete for the RG spot, if the Dahl information is true.[/quote]

[color=darkred]John Michaels (790 The Zone) was seriously in "homer" mode last night talking about the Falcons' day at the front office. I have to give 'em credit, they took care of some business (Dahl did sign with the Rams, BTW). But still, I think ol' dude was going a bit overboard in trying to downplay the Saints signing Darren Sproles to replace Reggie Bush. Sproles has been more consistently productive than Bush, and when paired with Mark Ingram, may be just the right fit for the offense to get back on track. Personally, I think the fact that there are so many (and so vocal) Saints fans in Atlanta pisses him off. Laughing Still, we do need to focus on getting Gregg Williams more horses for that defense. We can't go on with this "riverboat gambler" defense forever. We really need to be able to stop the run if we're going to win the division and make a deep run in the playoffs. That Seattle game still gives me nightmares.

WTF with Tampa? [/color]
Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:19 am View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][quote="DamnYouAll"]Big day for my Falcons. We needed help at defensive end, and we got it in the form of Ray Edwards from the Vikings. After the Panthers re-signed Charles Johnson for 6 years, $72 million, I figured Edwards would be looking for a similar deal. Well, we got him for 5 years, $30 million. He and John Abraham will form a nice tandem for at least one year, then Edwards will become our primary pass rusher.

The other concern was our offensive line. We had 3 starters that were free agents and we've resigned one so far; RT Tyson Clabo (5 years, $25 million). I've heard that RG Harvey Dahl has signed with the Rams, so it appears that we will try to keep LG Justin Blalock. The good news is that we've drafted linemen the past two years, so we have others who can step up and compete for the RG spot, if the Dahl information is true.[/quote]

[color=darkred]John Michaels (790 The Zone) was seriously in "homer" mode last night talking about the Falcons' day at the front office. I have to give 'em credit, they took care of some business (Dahl did sign with the Rams, BTW). But still, I think ol' dude was going a bit overboard in trying to downplay the Saints signing Darren Sproles to replace Reggie Bush. Sproles has been more consistently productive than Bush, and when paired with Mark Ingram, may be just the right fit for the offense to get back on track. Personally, I think the fact that there are so many (and so vocal) Saints fans in Atlanta pisses him off. Laughing Still, we do need to focus on getting Gregg Williams more horses for that defense. We can't go on with this "riverboat gambler" defense forever. We really need to be able to stop the run if we're going to win the division and make a deep run in the playoffs. That Seattle game still gives me nightmares.

WTF with Tampa? [/color][/quote]

Dude, the Darren Sproles signing concerns me too. Sproles is small enough to where he can get in open space, hide behind blockers, and make things happen. He will definitely make some things happen for you guys. We got our own guy like that in Jacquizz Rogers. Let’s hope he can hold up better than Jerious Norwood.
Even though the Bucs have a lot of room under the cap, they’re more committed to building the team through the players that they have. Most of their key guys are young(Freeman, Blount, Williams, McCoy) so they want them to grow together. I think they’re gonna be a very tough test for a lot of teams this season.
Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:51 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]True...its tough to "add pieces" when what you have is still in development. Still, they have some glaring needs...like getting old ass Ronde Barber some help back there. With all the big name DB's out there, you'd think they would have mad a play for somebody by now. Word is, though, that now that they have Asomugha, the Eagles may be looking to trade Asante Samuel. Not that I want the Bucs organization to figure out how to get better faster, but I admit that I am anamoured with the idea of this division being the best in the league....

...like a dumbass. Laughing Laughing Surprised

Saints re-signed Roman Harper.[/color]
Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:56 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Yea, I'm wondering what the future holds for Asante Samuel. He says he doesn't want to be traded, but if anybody is gonna be the odd man out, it's him. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. Also, the Eagles have now added Cullen Jenkins from the Packers. They are going all the fuck out in 2011. The issue now is getting Desean Jackson a new deal. DJax is currently a holdout. Their #2 receiver, Jeremy Maclin, is also on the sidelines while he comes back from mono.

Even though we both want our respective teams to beat everybody else in the division, I'm like you; I want to see the NFC South have 4 good teams and get some national recognition. I think they are well on their way.
Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
Dun

Joined21 Jan 2002
Posts6393
LocationChicago, IL
Bank0
Bones28501.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="DamnYouAll"]I want to see the NFC South have 4 good teams and get some national recognition.[/quote]

Shit, you already got the recognition. Everybody who watches football knows about the Saints, the resurgence of the Falcons, and Raheem Morris and the Buccaneers.

I don't think you can have 4 good teams in a division, though. 1 team has to be the leper at some point.
Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:51 am View user's profile Find all posts by Dun Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Yeah, but on a national level, you have to be DEEP into football to know that. Meanwhile if anybody farts in the NFC/AFC North or East, it's on SportsCenter. I know its about markets and traditions, but it FEELS like disrespect and indifference. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I want to see 3 playoff teams from the NFC South.[/color]
Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:01 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
You win games on the court and the football field.

Good job by Philly though. To me cornerbacks are only as good as the defensive line that are under them. But getting Rodgers-Cromartie (dudes with hyphenated names is so gay) and Namdi is definitely awesome.

But we'll see.

I"m still waiting for my Lions to make a move. I'll glad take Samuel but.

Waiting to see where Moss, T O, Ahmad Bradshaw (who I'd gladly take) go to.

I hate to say it, I see Vick not playing a full year.
Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:05 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Mike Vick and Reggie Bush are allergic to 16 game seasons. I don't think either of them has ever played a full season.[/color]
Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:23 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Wow. It was just announced that Randy Moss has decided to retire.
Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:44 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message
DamnYouAll

Joined08 Mar 2005
Posts9973
Bank0
Bones66448.94 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]Mike Vick and Reggie Bush are allergic to 16 game seasons. I don't think either of them has ever played a full season.[/color][/quote]

Getting Vince Young was a smart move for the Eagles. I'm quite certain he will see the field the year, because Vick will definitely be hurt at some point.

Vick actually played 16 games back in 2006, his last with the Falcons.
Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:47 pm View user's profile Find all posts by DamnYouAll Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Sportz Wrap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: