Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Scandal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Celebrity Gossip View previous topic
View next topic

Scandal
delta84

Joined21 Nov 2002
Posts29053
Locationhigh school hell
Bank4294967295
Bones29798.51 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="ingenue"]I like the second episode better than the first. Definitely.[/quote]

What did you not like about the 1st one?
Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:24 am View user's profile Find all posts by delta84 Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I didn't like the schizophrenic nature of her character. We came in thinking she was this bad ass... she talks about trusting her gut...

She ended up in an emotional heap and her gut was all wrong.

The second episode showed a more 'cohesive' blending of her emotions.

I don't like being introduced to a character as if she's one thing... and she behaves for much of the performance as something contrary to that. When Columbus hires the new girl... he sets us up to believe that THE OLIVIA POPE does not allow anything... no crying... nothing.

So what does this heffa do?

Cry.

Rolling Eyes

And then the mess with 'my gut is always right'...

And she was DEAD wrong.

Coming out the gate (first show), it was retarded to me. Set her up to have her gut always be right... then have her end up WAY OFF BASE (and create a big fat mess) closer to the season finale.

The first show read totally schizophrenic to me.
Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:15 am View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
The problem is, since she was so totally backwards ridiculously wrong in the first show...

[b]I[/b] don't trust her gut now. So I really don't care what she has to say about her clients when she's making a decision about them. I realized that in the second show when she was talking about the Supreme Court dude...

I was like: "Well, who cares what you think? Your gut is all over the place."

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:17 am View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones990061542.19 Bones

Post Reply with quote
That's the point, I think. She gives people she impression that she is on the ball and a real problem-solver, but inside she's a mess and she actually makes up things as the goes along.
Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:06 am View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[i]*shrugging*[/i]

I'm not a fan of the way they're fleshing out her character. She seems weak and confused (in reality) to me... and I thought the point was that she wasn't (regardless of her game face for clients). That's why she's so trusted/powerful/expensive blah blah blah.

If I'm a client, I should (rightfully) be really stressed out about her handling my case.
Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:37 am View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
jewellthief

Joined10 Dec 2004
Posts2947
Locationin my skin....
Bank0
Bones18732.50 Bones

Post Reply with quote
thanx peeps....you all watch so I don't have to.... Razz Laughing
Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:25 am View user's profile Find all posts by jewellthief Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
delta84

Joined21 Nov 2002
Posts29053
Locationhigh school hell
Bank4294967295
Bones29798.51 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="ingenue"]I didn't like the schizophrenic nature of her character. We came in thinking she was this bad ass... she talks about trusting her gut...

She ended up in an emotional heap and her gut was all wrong.[/quote]

She was an emotional heap and her gut wasn't really wrong because she questioned him twice before she found out the truth...she wanted to believe he loved her but chose the WH and his family because she/he wanted to be a 'better' man.

Her gut is however never wrong when it comes to her clients...it's just misguided/clouded/blinded when it comes to love...the one spot she's most vulnerable

[quote]The second episode showed a more 'cohesive' blending of her emotions.[/quote]

I can see this.

[quote]I don't like being introduced to a character as if she's one thing... and she behaves for much of the performance as something contrary to that. When Columbus hires the new girl... he sets us up to believe that THE OLIVIA POPE does not allow anything... no crying... nothing.

So what does this heffa do?

Cry.

Rolling Eyes [/quote]

Yes she cried, that's the part of her character I love most, she's vulnerable, but she doesn't allow her vulnerability to show at her job and she doesn't allow her team to show their vulnerabilities either....Olivia Pope doesn't allow crying...yeah about her job, about her clients....not her personal life. Why should she not show emotions about the man she loves? And remember she did have some reservations about him from the beginning, she just didn't "want" to yield to her true gut feeling about the situation...she knew, she didn't want it to be true.

[quote]And then the mess with 'my gut is always right'...

And she was DEAD wrong.

Coming out the gate (first show), it was retarded to me. Set her up to have her gut always be right... then have her end up WAY OFF BASE (and create a big fat mess) closer to the season finale.

The first show read totally schizophrenic to me.[/quote]

They set it up for you to trust her gut but to see her gut is not flawed but emotionally vulnerable...yeah I'm using that word in overkill Laughing Laughing ...I thought the whole 1st episode was awesome... because of it I wanted to see the 2nd.
Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:33 pm View user's profile Find all posts by delta84 Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="delta84"]

[quote]And then the mess with 'my gut is always right'...

And she was DEAD wrong.

The first show read totally schizophrenic to me.[/quote]

[b]They set it up for you to trust her gut but to see her gut is not flawed but emotionally vulnerable[/b]...yeah I'm using that word in overkill Laughing Laughing ...I thought the whole 1st episode was awesome... because of it I wanted to see the 2nd.[/quote]

That's a contradiction, and that's exactly what I'm talking about. Your 'gut' is technically your emotion. Not your brain. It's your emotional center... the truest part of you... and hers is WAY unstable. They didn't set ANYTHING up. Everything that they stated in the first 5 minutes about her, was blown apart in the rest of the show within the hour.

It's a series, not movie (meaning there's more to come beyond that first episode). And unless it's a parody, this makes no sense. Why should I trust her? It looks like she doesn't know what the hell she's doing... EVER. She seems to 'fall into success' with her cases. The fact that she's so well connected and allegedly powerful reads as false, unless the whole thing is a joke that we haven't yet been let in on.
Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:44 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Now her team, on the other hand, is flawless. Bat shit crazy, but flawless. I get more of a kick watching them.
Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:46 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I think they need to insulate her more. She's the star on the top of the tree... we should be let in in SLIVERS... not big ass chunks.

That's why I don't trust her. I know more about her messiness in the first two episodes, and I shouldn't.
Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
delta84

Joined21 Nov 2002
Posts29053
Locationhigh school hell
Bank4294967295
Bones29798.51 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Well don't give up on it yet, it may take a turn for the better....and I love the redhead!! Laughing Laughing
Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:56 am View user's profile Find all posts by delta84 Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]Gat damn nue...[i]really[/i]? Laughing

The character seems more male to me. She knows her shit, her game is tight, and she should trust her gut because her gut is solid. but "something else" in her is not, which makes her vulnerable. I think the problem is that you can't seem to accept that in a [i]woman[/i]. Laughing Men however, thrive on being able to compartmentalize like that...but shit comes back to bite us because we like playing were we win, and we ignore disturbing little details. Just like she did, until she [i]decided [/i]she couldn't anymore.

But she has no emotional investment in her clients, except one, and she loves to crush the US Attorney from [i]The West Wing[/i], which to me makes her vulnerability when it comes to her "thing" irrelevant. So when she does her Kobe Bryant, it's totally believable.[/color]
Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:11 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones990061542.19 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I'm expecting her to f up real badly before the season ends. Someone might even die on her watch.
Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:39 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="delta84"]Well don't give up on it yet, it may take a turn for the better....and [b]I love the redhead[/b]!! Laughing Laughing[/quote]

She's crazy as HELL. Laughing I like them all... they all have specific quirks and are all just a little bit nuts. I guess you have to be to work with Olivia Pope. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:41 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="mack"]I'm expecting her to f up real badly before the season ends. [b]Someone might even die on her watch[/b].[/quote]

See, that's what I'm thinking. Because that woman... whew. She just DOES things, and it magically shakes out in the end.
Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:42 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]Gat damn nue...[i]really[/i]? Laughing
[/color][/quote]

What?Laughing I'm hard on everyone. She's not immune. I know they can do better, and I want them to do better. She's a stellar character... and she ought to be fleshed out in a more cohesive fashion.
Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:43 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
BishopTuTu

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts43669
LocationMD
Bank4294967295
Bones86572.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Why can't she be vulnerable though? Even the strongest person fucks up or has insecurities.
Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:52 pm View user's profile Find all posts by BishopTuTu Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I never said she couldn't be vulnerable. I said she was a MESS. She is.
Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:08 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]that's what I'm saying...it's like nue is saying that bravado is not an element of badass effectiveness. Like I said, I can buy the package, because that's what a lot of [b]guys [/b]do...half of winning is intimidating the opposition into believing that he or she [i]can't[/i], the other half is [i]guessing [/i]right. [/color] Laughing
Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:10 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
ingenue

Joined04 Apr 2005
Posts41761
Bank4294967295
Bones68364.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="MrHardcandy"][color=darkred]that's what I'm saying...it's like nue is saying that bravado is not an element of badass effectiveness. Like I said, I can buy the package, because that's what a lot of [b]guys [/b]do...half of winning is intimidating the opposition into believing that he or she [i]can't[/i], the other half is [i]guessing [/i]right. [/color] Laughing[/quote]

That's NOT what I was saying at all.

This is what I said:

[quote]I think they need to insulate her more. She's the star on the top of the tree... [b]we should be let in in SLIVERS... not big ass chunks.
[/b]
That's why I don't trust her. I know more about her messiness in the first two episodes, and I shouldn't.[/quote]

I don't like the way the CHARACTER IS BEING FLESHED OUT. All I'm asking for is pacing. As I would WITH ANY SHOW. They paced Grey's Anatomy just fine. Private Practice was a mess... but it's just a stupid show so whatever there. There's no reason this show can't be paced too.

I realize that you think she... and by design the show... is perfect.

Sheesh.

Nevermind. This is why we get mediocre shit and it gets CANCELLED because no one but us is watching out of loyalty to our folks. Same thing happened with the Boris Kodjoe series.
Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:20 pm View user's profile Find all posts by ingenue Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Celebrity Gossip All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 2 of 25

Jump to: