Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Florida teen dead over loud-music complaint
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner View previous topic
View next topic

Florida teen dead over loud-music complaint
QTPie

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts74993
LocationSinnin' and fallin' short.
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Florida teen dead over loud-music complaint Reply with quote
[img]http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/blog/files/2012/11/p-michael-dunn-jordan-davis-e1353994273273.jpg[/img]

A Florida man was denied bond Monday on a murder charge stemming from a weekend shooting that started with a complaint about loud music and ended with a teenager dead.

A statement by the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office described a Friday-night confrontation in a gas station parking lot that escalated into at least eight shots being fired at a car carrying a group of teenagers.

Seventeen-year-old Jordan Davis, among the teens, was fatally wounded. Forty-five-year-old Michael Dunn of Brevard County, Florida, was arrested Saturday and charged in the fatal shooting.

According to the statement from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, Dunn told authorities that he had asked the teens to turn down loud music from their vehicle adjacent to his, as he waited while his girlfriend, who was returning with him from a wedding, went inside the gas station to make a purchase.

Dunn told police he felt threatened by the response from the teens, the statement said.

Dunn's attorney, Robin Lemonidis, told CNN Monday that Dunn told police that he reacted after having seen a gun barrel in the window of the teens' car and after hearing a profanity-laced string of threats against him and his girlfriend while the teens motioned they were opening the door.

Lemonidis said that was when Dunn reached for his gun and opened fire on the vehicle. She added that, "When all the evidence has been flushed out, I believe that it will be extremely clear that Mr. Dunn acted as any responsible firearm owner would have under the same circumstances."

Eight or nine shots were fired at the teens' car, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office statement added.

There were no guns found inside the teens' car, the statement said.

Lemonidis said her client and his girlfriend left the scene after the shooting, fearing that they had encountered gang members and that more would follow.

The couple went to a local hotel for the night, and saw the news the next morning that Davis had died. They returned to Dunn's home in Brevard County, where local police arrested him Saturday on an out-of-county warrant.

Dunn was arraigned Monday afternoon, and Lemonidis said she entered a not-guilty plea on her client's behalf.

Ron Davis, the victim's father, told CNN affiliate WAWS that he wants to see justice, "Whether it be through the legal system or to God. God's going to punish him for that, so me, I don't want to do anything to him."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/26/us/florida-music-shooting/index.html
Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:40 pm View user's profile Find all posts by QTPie Send private message
westphilly37

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts15181
LocationGA Central
Bank4294967295
Bones40261.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Sigh...

Here we go again.
Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 pm View user's profile Find all posts by westphilly37 Send private message
shadow777

Joined15 Jul 2007
Posts4122
LocationThe Dark Shadows
Bank0
Bones25393.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Quote>>>"It was loud. They admitted that.

Quote>>>only noise ordinance that police enforce is the ordinance that states if music from a vehicle can be heard from over 25 feet away then it is too loud. You will get a ticket for that.

ORDINANCE CODE City of JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA

Codified through Ord. No. 97-569-E, effective June 24, 1997. (Supplement No. 12)
TITLE X. ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS
CHAPTER 368 NOISE CONTROL
PART 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS

368.101 Legislative findings and determinations. The Council finds and determines as follows:

(a) The making, creating and maintenance of excessive, unnecessary, unnatural or unusually loud noises which are prolonged, unusual and unnatural in their time, place and use affect and are a detriment to the public health, comfort, convenience, safety, welfare and prosperity of the residents of the city.

(b) The necessity in the public interest for the provisions and prohibitions hereinafter contained and enacted is declared as a matter of legislative determination and public policy and the provisions and prohibitions hereinafter contained and enacted are in pursuance of and for the purpose of securing and promoting the public health, comfort, convenience, safety, welfare and prosperity of the city and its residents.

History.--Ord. 84-674-684, s. 3.

Noise disturbance means a sound which:

(1) Endangers or injures the safety or health of human beings. (2) Disturbs a reasonable person of normal sensitivities.

comments>>>

AboutTime - 3:44 PM
0 Votes
Report User
Maybe this will encourage other ghetto white and black thugs to think twice about how their actions effect other people. This man has done what thousands of fed-up people have wanted to do for years. I'm guessing these "kids" pulled up their underwear the second the cops came?
Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:05 am View user's profile Find all posts by shadow777 Send private message Send e-mail
shadow777

Joined15 Jul 2007
Posts4122
LocationThe Dark Shadows
Bank0
Bones25393.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
http://www.coj.net/departments/sheriff-s-office/newsroom/jso-news/two-arrested-for-murder-over-holiday-weekend.aspx

Two Arrested for Murder Over Holiday Weekend

November 26, 2012
JACKSONVILLE, FL (November 26, 2012) - On Monday, November 26, 2012, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Homicide Lt. Rob Schoonover provides details into the arrests of Michael Dunn, for the murder of Jordan Davis, and Calvin Wright, for the murder of Rolisha Thomas.

THANKSGIVING DAY MURDER: Rolisha Thomas Fatally Shot by Calvin Wright While Trying to End Relationship
November 22, 2012 By HinterlandGazetteStaff

THANKSGIVING DAY MURDER: Calvin Wright fatally shot his girlfriend, Rolisha Thomas, in the middle of a Jacksonville, Fla., street, as she tried to end their relationship on Thanksgiving. Police said Thomas got in an argument with Wright, that spilled out onto Almeda Street on the city’s northwest side, the Florida Times-Union reports.

Calvin Wright shot Rolisha Thomas multiple times. She was pronounced dead at a local hospital. Calvin Wright fled the scene of the murder and is still at large. He was released from prison a few months ago. Rolisha Thomas was 24 years old.

Tonyaa Weathersbee: City of Jacksonville's failure behind high murder rate

By Tonyaa Weathersbee (Tonyaa Weathersbee's Blog) November 8, 2012 - 12:16am

So, here we are again.

Six years after Jacksonville Community Council Inc. amassed a group of citizens to figure out how to help this city shed the distinction of being Florida’s murder capital, we still retain that shameful title.

Last week, the Times-Union reported that Duval County had the highest murder rate per capita among the state’s largest counties.

It averaged 4.6 murders per 100,000 residents for the first half of 2012. Slayings increased from 37 in the first six months of 2011 to 40 during the same period in 2012.

That rate surpassed that of Miami-Dade, which came in second at 3.8 murders per 100,000 residents.

On top of that, being tops in murder is a ranking that, except for 2010, Duval County has held for every year since 2000.

And “Welcome to Jacksonville — Murder Capital of Florida” isn’t a title that anyone would want to see displayed on a billboard off I-95.

Yet I wonder sometimes.

You’d think that by now after tragedies such as that of 8-year-old DreShawna Davis, who died from a gunshot to the heart in 2006 when two brothers fired shots into her grandmother’s home, there would be more urgency toward dealing with the underlying problems behind many of the slayings.

High poverty rates
JCCI’s 2006 report, in fact, focused on the structural problems fueling the kind of violence that got DreShawna killed.

Such problems include poverty rates of 25 to 43 percent in urban core neighborhoods.

They include the frustration that comes with being underemployed, unemployed and undereducated. And, in general, a culture that leads some people, especially young black males, to assert themselves violently.

It also noted that interventions, such as after-school programs, family therapy and parent training for delinquent and at-risk pre-adolescents, as well as extra patrols for hot-spot crime areas, had proven to be successful in stemming violent crime.

But it also stated that a stronger push toward economic development and job training in high-poverty areas was also needed to help build the social and economic capital that struggling people need to build more stable lives.

For the most part, that hasn’t happened.

City has failed
That’s why Michael Hallett, chair of the department of criminology and criminal justice at the University of North Florida, says that Jacksonville’s place at the top of the state’s murder list doesn’t shock him.

“I’d be surprised if it were otherwise,” Hallett told me. “It’s been like this for 13 years. The real problem is that Jacksonville has failed to invest in a civic infrastructure that is adequate to meet the needs of its citizens.”

Besides the failure to address economic and racial disparities, Hallett said, the city has also failed to structure its public safety in a way that fits the city’s vast size.

He believes there should be a city police department, headed by a chief appointed by the mayor, to patrol the city as it existed before consolidation in 1968, as well as a sheriff’s department.

But cutting the city’s murder rate will take more than just restructuring the public safety system. It’ll take restructuring some attitudes as well.

Just the fact that the city continues to stay at the top of the state’s murder list ought to be cause for alarm and not glossed over by reports that the city’s total crime rate is down by 3.7 percent.

Fixing this problem will require a renewed political will.

But it’s anybody’s guess as to how many more DreShawnas will have to die before we find it.

tonyaa.weathersbee@yahoo.com

comments>

Thursday, November 8, 2012 @ 9:49 am
Premium Member

If political will is needed, it's needed by the people elected by the black community. A highly publicized and ineptly handled isolated killing in a small town (Sanford, Florida) brought out Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Corrine Brown and provoked the Black Panthers into a threatening posture.

It seems as if young black males and getting killed by young black males every week in Jacksonville. Since those killings not publicized nationally, I don't expect Jackson or Sharpton to care. But these killings occur regularly in Rep. Brown's district. Why has she not taken any action or at least spoken out? Ask that question of her Ms. Weathersby. In your position in the media, you have that responsibility. Will you shirk it?
Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:18 am View user's profile Find all posts by shadow777 Send private message Send e-mail
BishopTuTu

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts43669
LocationMD
Bank4294967295
Bones86572.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
shadow shut the fuck up. You have NO proof he was ghetto. Stop this bullshit dude. I'm all for opinions but when you just copy and paste bullshit AND when you attempt to write your own thoughts they make no sense. Just stop.
Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:24 am View user's profile Find all posts by BishopTuTu Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones990061542.19 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Let's keep the stories separate, Shadow. This is about another teen boy in Florida who is dead at the hands of a white man who overstepped his place. Even if there is a noise ordinance in Jacksonville, that man had no right to try and enforce it. The only thing he should have done is to call the police and let them handle it.

What's up with all the big, burly white men feeling "threatened" by Black teen boys?
Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:40 am View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
westphilly37

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts15181
LocationGA Central
Bank4294967295
Bones40261.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="mack"]Let's keep the stories separate, Shadow. This is about another teen boy in Florida who is dead at the hands of a white man who overstepped his place. Even if there is a noise ordinance in Jacksonville, that man had no right to try and enforce it. The only thing he should have done is to call the police and let them handle it.

[b]What's up with all the big, burly white men feeling "threatened" by Black teen boys[/b]?[/quote]

mack they don't feel threatened by these kids. These white guys are exerting their perceived rights to dominate and control anyone that's not white, take back their country, and hide behind the 2nd amendment while doing so. Confused
Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:30 pm View user's profile Find all posts by westphilly37 Send private message
Jocie
Site Admin

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts18689
Bank4294967295
Bones17573.95 Bones

Post Reply with quote
It was'nt like the teenagers were parked in front of his house, they were in a parking lot, and how do you just shoot randomly into a car full of teenagers???? He could have just driven away if he did'nt like the loud music. That man went out hunting for Black teenagers to kill. Murder, plain and simple.
Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:53 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Jocie Send private message
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
LocationDon't Worry About It
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
You don't shoot somebody because their music is too goddamn loud. This whole "I feel threatened" bullshit is totally out of hand. If I had a son I'd be scared for him to leave the house, since apparently just walking down the street or riding around in a car while young, Black & male is menacing. Confused
Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:02 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
shadow777

Joined15 Jul 2007
Posts4122
LocationThe Dark Shadows
Bank0
Bones25393.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="BishopTuTu"]shadow shut the fuck up. You have NO proof he was ghetto. Stop this bullshit dude. I'm all for opinions but when you just copy and paste bullshit AND when you attempt to write your own thoughts they make no sense. Just stop.[/quote]

You really need to get out more?

Who in the hell said he was a ghetto kid? NO where in text did i say one word about the teens, not one word So what in the hell are you bitching about? Copy and paste?

The first section is from the law from that county. So how is that Bullshit? It is the facts that part of the case will be based on, Again ? Waht bull shit? The second part is about how there were two murders both made no sense. So what part of this was bull shit? I understand libs hate facts, but you are going to live with it.

And last, if you can show me where i posted any thoughts of my own in that retort, I will personally buy you any item of your choosing and deliver it to your door step or any other place of your choosing.

Now go sit down, have some green tea and chill! It can be a pain, when one finds out, they are wrong as hell!
Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:11 am View user's profile Find all posts by shadow777 Send private message Send e-mail
shadow777

Joined15 Jul 2007
Posts4122
LocationThe Dark Shadows
Bank0
Bones25393.12 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="mack"]Let's keep the stories separate, Shadow. This is about another teen boy in Florida who is dead at the hands of a white man who overstepped his place. Even if there is a noise ordinance in Jacksonville, that man had no right to try and enforce it. The only thing he should have done is to call the police and let them handle it.

Mack? Both stories end with a tragic murder, both stories someone die at the hands of someone taking the law into their own hands. both involved young Brown folks. Both men thought they could overstep their place. Both contain laws to keep this sort of action from happening.

The only fact, that are different in both case's is, the one should have called the police, and the other should have walked away.

The other information was to show how this county is a killing hell hole. And we should be just as outrage over one of our own killing a sista over nothing, as we are outrage over a white piece of trash killing one of our own, over trivial matter?

another case in point >>William “Christopher” Pettry murder 10/7/2012 Jacksonville, FL *Mathew Reid Hinson
Florida boy accused of killing 2-year-old brother

Mack' shouldn't we be out rage over any murders, not just the one involving a white person against a Black person?
Even our Media is more bent on reporting the sensationalism of these events than putting a light on senseless killings
WE should stop being selective, be outrage over any senseless violence.
Mack how many of us must die before we stand up and get serious about us killing our own?

No out rage from

JACKSONVILLE'S 2012 HOMICIDE COUNT 92

2011 HOMICIDE COUNT: 86
2010 HOMICIDE COUNT: 99
2009 HOMICIDE COUNT: 113
2008 HOMICIDE COUNT: 144
2007 HOMICIDE COUNT: 152
2006 HOMICIDE COUNT: 137

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime#ixzz2DZcUikN7

What's up with all the big, burly white men feeling "threatened" by Black teen boys?[/quote]

Retort>>media based 'Fear'

Suspected shoplifter dies at metro Walmart By Jill Vejnoska
The Black Friday shopping weekend took a tragic turn early Sunday morning when a suspectedshoplifter died while being apprehended by employees and a contract security officer outside a Lithonia Walmart.
Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:13 am View user's profile Find all posts by shadow777 Send private message Send e-mail
BishopTuTu

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts43669
LocationMD
Bank4294967295
Bones86572.28 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="shadow777"][quote="BishopTuTu"]shadow shut the fuck up. You have NO proof he was ghetto. Stop this bullshit dude. I'm all for opinions but when you just copy and paste bullshit AND when you attempt to write your own thoughts they make no sense. Just stop.[/quote]

You really need to get out more?

[b]Who in the hell said he was a ghetto kid? [/b]NO where in text did i say one word about the teens, not one word So what in the hell are you bitching about? Copy and paste?

The first section is from the law from that county. So how is that Bullshit? It is the facts that part of the case will be based on, Again ? Waht bull shit? The second part is about how there were two murders both made no sense. So what part of this was bull shit? I understand libs hate facts, but you are going to live with it.

And last, if you can show me where i posted any thoughts of my own in that retort, I will personally buy you any item of your choosing and deliver it to your door step or any other place of your choosing.

Now go sit down, have some green tea and chill! It can be a pain, when one finds out, they are wrong as hell![/quote]

READ the shit you copy and paste dude. Go up and READ it. That's why you need to communicate your OWN thoughts and not GOP talking points.
Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:14 am View user's profile Find all posts by BishopTuTu Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones990061542.19 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="westphilly37"][quote="mack"]Let's keep the stories separate, Shadow. This is about another teen boy in Florida who is dead at the hands of a white man who overstepped his place. Even if there is a noise ordinance in Jacksonville, that man had no right to try and enforce it. The only thing he should have done is to call the police and let them handle it.

[b]What's up with all the big, burly white men feeling "threatened" by Black teen boys[/b]?[/quote]

mack they don't feel threatened by these kids. These white guys are exerting their perceived rights to dominate and control anyone that's not white, take back their country, and hide behind the 2nd amendment while doing so. Confused[/quote]

Exactly what I said earlier today. I was asking someone what is going on with all these weapon toting, big-assed men being afraid of Black boys. I honestly think these are not accidents. I don't know whether Black men and boys are being targeted deliberately or subconsciously, but it is very obvious that white men are feeling their world shrinking and they are panicking. Their world has been shrinking ever since they sailed away from the shores of Europe and discovered that the rest of the world was so much bigger than where they came from and was populated by people who don't look like them.

Targeting Black men is an attempt to reduce his ability to procreate. If he cannot be incarcerated, then he needs to be killed because he is a threat.

A car full of Black children playing loud music is "threatening." A car full of white children doing the same is just kids letting off steam. They actually ride around playing more loud rap music that Black kids do.

The world is skewed.
Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:25 am View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones990061542.19 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="shadow777"][quote="mack"]Let's keep the stories separate, Shadow. This is about another teen boy in Florida who is dead at the hands of a white man who overstepped his place. Even if there is a noise ordinance in Jacksonville, that man had no right to try and enforce it. The only thing he should have done is to call the police and let them handle it.

Mack? Both stories end with a tragic murder, both stories someone die at the hands of someone taking the law into their own hands. both involved young Brown folks. Both men thought they could overstep their place. Both contain laws to keep this sort of action from happening.

The only fact, that are different in both case's is, the one should have called the police, and the other should have walked away.

The other information was to show how this county is a killing hell hole. And we should be just as outrage over one of our own killing a sista over nothing, as we are outrage over a white piece of trash killing one of our own, over trivial matter?

another case in point >>William “Christopher” Pettry murder 10/7/2012 Jacksonville, FL *Mathew Reid Hinson
Florida boy accused of killing 2-year-old brother

Mack' shouldn't we be out rage over any murders, not just the one involving a white person against a Black person?
Even our Media is more bent on reporting the sensationalism of these events than putting a light on senseless killings
WE should stop being selective, be outrage over any senseless violence.
Mack how many of us must die before we stand up and get serious about us killing our own?

No out rage from

JACKSONVILLE'S 2012 HOMICIDE COUNT 92

2011 HOMICIDE COUNT: 86
2010 HOMICIDE COUNT: 99
2009 HOMICIDE COUNT: 113
2008 HOMICIDE COUNT: 144
2007 HOMICIDE COUNT: 152
2006 HOMICIDE COUNT: 137

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime#ixzz2DZcUikN7

What's up with all the big, burly white men feeling "threatened" by Black teen boys?[/quote]

Retort>>media based 'Fear'

Suspected shoplifter dies at metro Walmart By Jill Vejnoska
The Black Friday shopping weekend took a tragic turn early Sunday morning when a suspectedshoplifter died while being apprehended by employees and a contract security officer outside a Lithonia Walmart.[/quote]

Yes, we should be outraged about ALL the murders. The problem is that when we kill our own, it isn't very newsworthy. Definitely not national news. Plus, most murders happen within race anyway. Most white people are killed by whites, etc. With this type of murder, though, there are the added elements of racism, racial profiling, or fear of another race.
Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:29 am View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
PM

Joined16 Jul 2008
Posts4721
LocationSomewhere drinking YOUR milkshake!
Bank0
Bones25271.48 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="mack"]Exactly what I said earlier today. I was asking someone what is going on with all these weapon toting, big-assed men being afraid of Black boys. I honestly think these are not accidents. I don't know whether Black men and boys are being targeted deliberately or subconsciously, [b]but it is very obvious that white men are feeling their world shrinking and they are panicking. Their world has been shrinking ever since they sailed away from the shores of Europe and discovered that the rest of the world was so much bigger than where they came from and was populated by people who don't look like them.[/b]

Targeting Black men is an attempt to reduce his ability to procreate. If he cannot be incarcerated, then he needs to be killed because he is a threat.

A car full of Black children playing loud music is "threatening." A car full of white children doing the same is just kids letting off steam. They actually ride around playing more loud rap music that Black kids do.

The world is skewed.[/quote]

I was on the white supremacist messageboard Stormfront.org, and there was a thread about white genocide. The racists and white supremacists ARE afraid of becoming extinct, and they're worried about being outnumbered in every part of the world, including their beloved Europe.

Regarding this case, I don't see how this even comes close to "stand your ground." He was outside of a car, shooting in, and he THOUGHT he saw a gun. But he'll probably be looked at as a hero to the gun nuts, especially when it's said that "Mr. Dunn acted as any responsible firearm owner would have under the same circumstances." To put it mildly, firing into a car full of teenagers because you THINK they're packing is NOT a responsible action.
Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:46 pm View user's profile Find all posts by PM Send private message
bb74

Joined14 Nov 2002
Posts64999
LocationDon't Worry About It
Bank4294967295
Bones127358.74 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="mack"][quote="westphilly37"][quote="mack"]Let's keep the stories separate, Shadow. This is about another teen boy in Florida who is dead at the hands of a white man who overstepped his place. Even if there is a noise ordinance in Jacksonville, that man had no right to try and enforce it. The only thing he should have done is to call the police and let them handle it.

mack they don't feel threatened by these kids. These white guys are exerting their perceived rights to dominate and control anyone that's not white, take back their country, and hide behind the 2nd amendment while doing so. Confused[/quote]

Exactly what I said earlier today. I was asking someone what is going on with all these weapon toting, big-assed men being afraid of Black boys. I honestly think these are not accidents. I don't know whether Black men and boys are being targeted deliberately or subconsciously, but it is very obvious that white men are feeling their world shrinking and they are panicking. Their world has been shrinking ever since they sailed away from the shores of Europe and discovered that the rest of the world was so much bigger than where they came from and was populated by people who don't look like them.

The world is skewed.[/quote]

Yes to all of this.
Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:26 pm View user's profile Find all posts by bb74 Send private message
doro7

Joined28 Mar 2002
Posts1356
LocationChicago
Bank0
Bones3835.26 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="shadow777"]
comments>>>

AboutTime - 3:44 PM
0 Votes
Report User
Maybe this will encourage other ghetto white and black thugs to think twice about how their actions effect other people. [b]This man has done what thousands of fed-up people have wanted to do for years[/b]. I'm guessing these "kids" pulled up their underwear the second the cops came?[/quote]

Shadow, you understand that the bolded above is basically a lynch call, right?
Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:43 pm View user's profile Find all posts by doro7 Send private message
MHC

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts22860
LocationSomewhere quietly gaining power...
Bank4294967295
Bones999999999.99 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[color=darkred]shadow believes that laws prohibitng the lynching young Black men is exactly what's wrong with this country.

Oh wait...he qualified it by saying "white and black thugs"...so he was being fair.

Prediction: shadow will retort with something akin to "what about the young Afrikans killed by these other black ghetto thugs"...oh sorry, he already did that.[/color]
Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:01 pm View user's profile Find all posts by MHC Send private message
Marz

Joined10 Jul 2003
Posts30659
Bank4294967295
Bones546243.93 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I've been in and out of town and when this story came out, we discussed it endlessly. I'm at a loss for words as it relates to this.

As my mother said, "Black life is seen as cheap(perception wise)' Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I really feel for this family and WHY is this happening in Florida??
Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:08 am View user's profile Find all posts by Marz Send private message Send e-mail
attykat

Joined08 Aug 2002
Posts1882
LocationAlabama
Bank0
Bones7231.60 Bones

Post Reply with quote
It's either eupropeans killing people of African Descent, or People of African descent killing each other. Everyone is killing people of African Descent. On the flip side of this, Why are we allowing our children to be so engulfed in this music culture where they so disregard the rights of others to be free from them imposing their music on others. It reminds me of cigarette smokers, they don't give two hoots in hell, who they offend or harm with their deadly habits. Haven't you seen a smoked-filled vehicle driven by a mother or father, with a child in a car seat. There should be a law against that!

It is a very tragic outcome, however we have to be more cognizant of what our children are doing, and who they are companions with. Nowadays, if these children are not listening to loud music in their cars(or the car they are driving), they have something in their ears to prevent them from the natural sounds around them that could very well be warnings they cannot hear. This constant barrage of music constantly directed into the ear is medically damaging, but who cares, because we buy our children this hi-tech nonsense. It dumbs them down, dulls their senses, and gets them killed. Not saying that this is the right outcome, but it is a situation that might have been prevented.

What if the teenager had said to Dunn," Sorry sir, we'll turn it down." Too bad these children were not wise enough to think about the reasonableness of the request before a reaction. Even though Dunn had no authority to enforce the noise ordinance, as a human being he does have the right to make a reasonable request of another human being.

These kids probably started cussing the man out, calling him all kinds of names, and it just escalated, or it could be that Dunn himself may not have been polite to the teenagers in asking them to turn the music down. Some teenagers of today do not accept something said to them in a polite way. We have to take that into account too. We have to look at both sides of this or else we will forget that all humans in their right mind have a responsibility to act in a reasonable manner. Dunn was not the only one who had the responsibility to act reaonably, but the teenagers likewise had the same responsibility. This by no means support the killing of the teenager.

Had Dunn not said anything, the boy may be alive today, and if their music was not so loud, the boy may have been alive today. And had the teenager honored Dunn's reasonable request and turned donw the music, the teenager may be alive today. It depends on which side of the coin you stand. We have to be responsible parents and keep track of our children at all times. We cannot make excuses for bad behavior.

Today, no one is really trying to reason with another, except people who are truly educated about the wickedness that lurks in the hearts of mankind. Our steps in this day and time must be wisely calculated, not jerky and snappy. We need to teach our children to diffuse a time bomb, avoid conflict, control emotions, and not follow weakness, fads, fashions, and foolisihmess. Instead of these teachings, we allow our children to run head-on into death traps because we are not paying attention. These are tall orders for parents, but it comes with the territory of being parents.

I am sad for the parents, but I take this as a wake up call to pass this information on to young people who need to know that to be wise can save your life, and to react so that you won't look like a "punk" to your so-called friends could cost you your life.
Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:35 pm View user's profile Find all posts by attykat Send private message

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Da Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: