Forum IndexRegisterGamesSearchFAQBankMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NEW MUSIC 411
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Celebrity Gossip View previous topic
View next topic

NEW MUSIC 411
Jocie
Site Admin

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts18689
Bank4294967295
Bones17573.95 Bones

Post NEW MUSIC 411 Reply with quote
Hi this topic will be a place for everyone to give release dates for new music and reviews of new music that you have heard and hip folks to some stuff that perhaps hasn't received the attention that it justly deserves...

so get it rolllin..........
Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:22 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Jocie Send private message
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I would like to add TAINTED by Slum Village. It's just starting to get major air play so check it out.
Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:41 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
Jocie
Site Admin

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts18689
Bank4294967295
Bones17573.95 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Has anyone purchased Darius Rucker solo CD?
Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:46 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Jocie Send private message
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="jwal"]Has anyone purchased Darius Rucker solo CD?[/quote]

I must admit...I've been askart
Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:48 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
Marz

Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I don't care for the sticky IDEA of this. Because 3 months down the line it won't be new and it's gets kinda annoying to look at.

but then considering most people only KNOW how to view past the first page let alone LEAVE the Corner, I guess it's okay..
Fri Jul 19, 2002 6:26 pm Find all posts by Anonymous
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
they have new releases coming out every Tuesday don't they? and people buy music all the time don't they, Marz?
Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:14 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
Derek

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts7393
LocationDown by the riverside...
Bank4294967295
Bones7376.26 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Anyone purchase the new Mary Mary?

I believe it came out Tuesday.

...and where is Kelly Price at? What's the deal with that one?
Sat Jul 20, 2002 8:42 am View user's profile Find all posts by Derek Send private message
mack

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts56791
LocationSnotlanta
Bank4294967295
Bones990061542.19 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Marz, we can make this sticky and then unstick it later so it can drop to the bottom, and create a new sticky thread for the newest releases.

I like the sticky idea, Jwal.
Sat Jul 20, 2002 9:41 pm View user's profile Find all posts by mack Send private message AIM Address
Rhap

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts336
LocationPhilly
Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Me too Mack

I created "The New Album Thread" a long while ago here, expecting it to consistenly be posted into, but I didn't want to make it a sticky because my name doesn't exactly draw cliks. Laughing

anyway, on topic, I'm also interesting in the new Mary Mary...I want to know in what direction their music is heading.
Sat Jul 20, 2002 10:37 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Rhap Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lookie loo

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts1130
LocationLurksville, Ohio
Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
I have the new Mary Mary... Very Happy

Reviewing CD's is not my forte so I'll let someone else who has it do that. But I think it's good and would recommend it, although I don't think anything can top their first CD...
Sun Jul 21, 2002 1:08 am View user's profile Find all posts by lookie loo Send private message AIM Address
Radiantone

Joined11 Jul 2002
Posts145
LocationTaylorville Texas
Bank0
Bones44.80 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Went shopping today and sampled the following:

Mary J.= it did not move me and was not on sale, thus it stayed. I like her music, but it is to say the very least.....different

Truth Hurts= Let's just say I'll burn Addicted and call it a day. The heffa lied---I was not impressed in any way by the CD as a whole

Ann Nesby= I liked what I heard and I'll probably get her next pay day

Nellyville= *purchase* I'm Nelly prone since I liked his first album, this one is trash! I really only spin the track with him and Kelly: Dillema(sp) he has a cut with Justin Timberlake that's asi-asi...not a must have to any music lover's collection.

Nappy Roots= *purchase* aiight this'un ain't new, and I bought it when it first dropped, but I'm still poppin' and boppin' to it.

Last but not least....Cee-Loo Green!!!! This SOB is the "SHIT"....he flowslike....."DAMN"...he's number one in the CD changer and I can't stop listening to him..the album is titled "Perfect Imperfections"...if nothing else you'll admire his lyrical melody which is funky and speaks quality.....

Last edited by Radiantone on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:52 am View user's profile Find all posts by Radiantone Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Rhap"]Me too Mack

I created "The New Album Thread" a long while ago here, expecting it to consistenly be posted into, but I didn't want to make it a sticky because my name doesn't exactly draw cliks. Laughing [/quote]

calm down. you think you the FIRST person around here to come up with a NEW MUSIC thread? Sure, and the next Tiger Woods color issue topic around here will be the first also Rolling Eyes
Sun Jul 21, 2002 5:03 am View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
NCPrince

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts4378
Bank4294967295
Bones8602.09 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Ya know,
I gave the new Donnel Jones CD a listen yesterday and it wasn't half bad.

The new Boyz II Men will be released in a week or so also...sounded good from what I heard of it.
Sun Jul 21, 2002 7:07 pm View user's profile Find all posts by NCPrince Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Rhap

Joined19 Jan 2002
Posts336
LocationPhilly
Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="OHbrotha"][quote="Rhap"]Me too Mack

I created "The New Album Thread" a long while ago here, expecting it to consistenly be posted into, but I didn't want to make it a sticky because my name doesn't exactly draw cliks. Laughing [/quote]

calm down. you think you the FIRST person around here to come up with a NEW MUSIC thread? Sure, and the next Tiger Woods color issue topic around here will be the first also Rolling Eyes[/quote]

Obviously it wasn't that deep. Have a seat please.

Back to the topic of the thread, NCPrince, is the new Boyz II Men another Ballad-mobile? I will have to check that one out.
Sun Jul 21, 2002 10:34 pm View user's profile Find all posts by Rhap Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Rhap"][quote="OHbrotha"][quote="Rhap"]Me too Mack

calm down. you think you the FIRST person around here to come up with a NEW MUSIC thread? Sure, and the next Tiger Woods color issue topic around here will be the first also Rolling Eyes[/quote]

Obviously it wasn't that deep. Have a seat please.[/quote]

if it wasn't then you wouldn't have spoke on it in the first place...now you go sit your ass down somewhere.
Sun Jul 21, 2002 10:35 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website
Rantdiva

Joined16 Jan 2002
Posts4608
LocationWhere Black Folk Are Scarce
Bank4294967295
Bones5086.10 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote]jwal wrote:
Has anyone purchased Darius Rucker solo CD?

I must admit...I've been askart[/quote]

Be afraid...be very afraid.

I heard a couple of tracks and I was soooo disappointed. I expected the pairing of Darius Rucker and Hidden Beach would be great, but I was wrong.

The material that was picked for him is trite "sex you down" r&b and doesn't fit his vocal style. It sounds awful.

Rd
Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:15 am View user's profile Find all posts by Rantdiva Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
NCPrince

Joined17 Jan 2002
Posts4378
Bank4294967295
Bones8602.09 Bones

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Rhap"]
Back to the topic of the thread, NCPrince, is the new Boyz II Men another Ballad-mobile? I will have to check that one out.[/quote]

To be honest, I don't remember...I cycled through the songs quickly and was on my second detailed listen when:

The first song was on point (kind of mid tempo if I remember correctly), the second one was "Color of Love"

After that, a fiance of mine who shall remain nameless changed the darn cd to Brandy ripoff a PM Dawn Classic...like I would like it or something. Evil or Very Mad

I plan to go back later this week and finish listening.
Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:00 pm View user's profile Find all posts by NCPrince Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
blakyoko

Joined07 May 2002
Posts153
Bank0
Bones10.00 Bones

Post Reply with quote
The new Boyz II Men has a LOT of ballads. I hated it but a friend of mine who is a huge fan of theirs swoons over it.
Tue Jul 23, 2002 5:45 am View user's profile Find all posts by blakyoko Send private message
SmartCoCoX

Joined19 Mar 2002
Posts5053
Location...she's the Wiz and she lives in Oz...
Bank4294967295
Bones22744.36 Bones

Post Reply with quote
Oh Bro, you beat me to it.....That is OHB....is the Slum Village CD out yet...or am I just late.

Tainted is stankin'!!! I don't even hear it on the radio here. I have digital cable and the VH-1Soul Channel and the MTV Jams channel has it in pretty good rotation.

If yall haven't heard the song, it's just lovely....it's a mid-tempo, funky, laid back groove, with flowing smooth lyrics over it...listen out for it...or catch the video if you can.
Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:04 am View user's profile Find all posts by SmartCoCoX Send private message
OHbrotha

Joined26 Mar 2002
Posts48732
Bank4294967295
Bones34438.75 Bones

Post new R& B releases for 7/22-23 Reply with quote
[b][u]new R& B releases for 7/22-23[/b][/u]

Ama,Shola/Supersonic<---I call her the British Beyounce...she fione and a airhead but at least her British accent doesn't make her sound like an complete idiot, oh yeah, for some strange reason, she hasn't made over to America although her stuff sounds 10x better than bullshit like MY NECK/MY BACK

B2k/B2k Remixes Volume 1<---why do the Burger King Boys have a remix CD out...ALREADY??? Don't buy this shit...stop giving the record company easy damn money....

Belle,Regina/Don't Let Go

Boyz II Men/Full Circle<---oooh its a black group that sounds like N'Sync Rolling Eyes

Brown,James/James Brown & Friends
Burke,Solomon/Don't Give Up On Me
Deep Side/Deep Side
Domino,Fats/Fats Domino
Gq/Best Of Disco Nights Essential
John,Little Willie/Early King Sessions
Kashif/Best Of Kashif

Mario/Mario<---Chris Rock's ugly ass Mini-me 15 minutes is at the halfway point...7.5 minutes away from not hearing from this teen aged bitch forever....

Otis,Shuggie/In Session Great Rhythm & Blues
Reeves,Martha/Dancing In The Street/Best Of
Lionel Ritchie/Truly: Love (Bonus Tracks)

Tweet/Call Me<---oh gee, the single is out...now you can hear this shit whenever you want instead of ON THE RADIO, ON MTV, ON BET AND ON EVERY OTHER DAMN COMMERCIAL

Usher/8701 (Bonus Tracks) (Enhanced) <---gee bonus tracks...let me translate...MORE BULLSHIT THAT PUFFY REMIXED...

Vandross,Luther/Very Best Of Love
Washington,Geno/My Bombers My Dexys My Highs
Brown, James/Hot On The One
Cameo/Word Up
Parliament/P Funk Earth Tour
Various Artists (Mu)/Music Of The Year: 1977[/b]
Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:39 pm View user's profile Find all posts by OHbrotha Send private message Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    Afrocentric Online Forum Index » Celebrity Gossip All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 1 of 49

Jump to: